Re: Daniëlle van de Donk and Ellie Carpenter

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 20:05
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:56
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:42
It kind of makes sense that OL would match up a variety of players whereas DAZN would focus more on who would get the views. I’m here for it, they’re very cute with each other - you can see their best friends.
Lyon is a serious football club that wouldn’t use their players for views. DAZN is a media organization that wants to maximize its video views, Ellie and Daan are perfect for that because they naturally draw a lot of viewers who are curious about them.
Yes, Lyon is serious. But they are not so super serious that they don’t put out any fun content. See the video above of Daan and Ada playing Guess Who. That video exists for no other reason than fan engagement and views. A club can be both serious about their on field product while also working on providing fun content for fans. You can tell Lyon are putting in the work to offer both, which they did not always do. The fun content does not take away from their on field concentration. It’s just in addition to it
Yes. What I meant was that they’re serious as in they wouldn’t exploit their gay couple for attention on social media. Although the social media admin sometimes slips up and gives us content like that train picture 🧐

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Part 2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 20:02
Guest wrote:
It kind of makes sense that OL would match up a variety of players whereas DAZN would focus more on who would get the views. I’m here for it, they’re very cute with each other - you can see their best friends.
It is completely clear that they genuinely enjoy being with each other. I hope there is a part 2! Daan is holding a paper too so either she quizzed Ellie in return, or maybe a different teammate. Would be fun to see how Ellie did with a Netherlands quiz!
They just posted Part 2! Ellie gets quizzed on Dutch trivia. Right at the end Daan says “your Dutch is pretty good” so obviously Ellie has become comfortable speaking it!

It was said in another thread that Ellie learning Dutch for Daan really shows how much she loves her. She didn’t really HAVE to learn Dutch: Daan speaks English fine, they live in France and play for a French team… she only learned Dutch because it’s Daan’s native language, and she wants to be able to communicate with her in that language.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why was Daan’s Australia quiz so much easier than Ellie’s Netherlands quiz!!! How is she supposed to know how many canals there are in Amsterdam :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 20:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It is completely clear that they genuinely enjoy being with each other. I hope there is a part 2! Daan is holding a paper too so either she quizzed Ellie in return, or maybe a different teammate. Would be fun to see how Ellie did with a Netherlands quiz!
They just posted Part 2! Ellie gets quizzed on Dutch trivia. Right at the end Daan says “your Dutch is pretty good” so obviously Ellie has become comfortable speaking it!

It was said in another thread that Ellie learning Dutch for Daan really shows how much she loves her. She didn’t really HAVE to learn Dutch: Daan speaks English fine, they live in France and play for a French team… she only learned Dutch because it’s Daan’s native language, and she wants to be able to communicate with her in that language.
I find the fact that Ellie learned Dutch so touching for that reason. She didn’t have to, they communicate just fine in English and both already take French lessons as a requirement via their club. She learned/is learning it purely to be able to communicate with Daan and that’s really lovely. It’s an actionable display of showing how much she cares about her. Daan saying her Dutch is pretty good indicates that maybe they speak it at home sometimes if Ellie knows enough now? Would be a good way to learn, being immersed in it at home when possible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s so beautiful to see a couple like Ellie and Daan. Their love is so pure and innocent, you can just tell how much they adore each other. I wish them nothing but the best. I hope Daan ends her footballing career on a high, I hope Ellie has a long and successful career. I hope they have a wonderful family together. They deserve so much happiness after all the abuse and long injuries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 20:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I find the fact that Ellie learned Dutch so touching for that reason. She didn’t have to, they communicate just fine in English and both already take French lessons as a requirement via their club. She learned/is learning it purely to be able to communicate with Daan and that’s really lovely. It’s an actionable display of showing how much she cares about her. Daan saying her Dutch is pretty good indicates that maybe they speak it at home sometimes if Ellie knows enough now? Would be a good way to learn, being immersed in it at home when possible.
Dutch is a hard language too. The vowels don’t make the sounds you think they should. Props to Ellie for learning it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 21:12
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 20:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dutch is a hard language too. The vowels don’t make the sounds you think they should. Props to Ellie for learning it
I think that’s what tripped her up for the Van Gogh question bc Daan used the pure dutch pronunciation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 22:45
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 22:39
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 22:30
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 22:27
Guest wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 22:22

?
Note that the anon above said almost never wears it at work, not literally never. But why does it matter that she’s not wearing it here? What point are you trying to make? Because newsflash: She had it on literally two days ago when she went to watch the game she wasn’t playing in. Watch the pre-game video on OLPlay. Her not wearing it in a video doesn’t mean anything.
I think you’re being overly sensitive op was just making an observation that Ellie wasn’t wearing her ring doesn’t mean anything bad…….
Agreed that this place could do with being less reactionary. Almost all replies are reported, so someone is sitting in here actively reporting all posts.
Being less reactionary is going to take time given how heavily these two have been trolled on other forums over the years. That, and no doubt trolls sit in here. We’ve already seen that the night the thread opened (those posts were swiftly removed) and again with people trying to push sexuality talk. The only two rules of this thread are not to bring up ex’s and not to talk about anyone being straight/with men. That’s it. So anything mentioning those things is probably being done in bad faith (unless it’s clear someone didn’t know about previous relationships.) I bet it’s a troll sitting in here reporting posts trying to get the thread locked.
I saw the comments but at no point was it mentioned that Ellie/Daan are/were straight. The comments specifically pertained to bisexuality, it’s very on the line of allowed/not allowed based on the rules for the thread and the conversation didn’t progress beyond that. This place should be welcoming to people who are curious and might have questions about Ellie and Daan as I assume most of us here are familiar with them, so long as it’s not done in bad faith.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ellie is wearing her engagement ring in the photos of them arriving in Paris, a devastating blow for the troll who seemed to imply that her not wearing it in a work interview (which she usually never does…) meant something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 18:46
Ellie is wearing her engagement ring in the photos of them arriving in Paris, a devastating blow for the troll who seemed to imply that her not wearing it in a work interview (which she usually never does…) meant something.
You going to update everytime she wears her engaged ring? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 19:10
Guest wrote:
Only when you decide to imply her not wearing it means something

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 19:20
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 19:10
Guest wrote:
Only when you decide to imply her not wearing it means something
DA. I get the impression Daan puts her's on as soon as she s done with training whereas Ellie leaves her's off until they leave the training ground (or leaves it at home) - that's why she is never wearing it in media content.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She’s also wearing both of their love rings on her right ring finger, they are stacked. Cute!!

And thank you for pointing out that the person trying to make something of her not wearing the ring in the video was a troll. I figured. The “this place could do with being less reactionary” anon was far too forgiving lol the trolling was quite obvious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone else see the post notification from Daan and think it would be a birthday post for Ellie? Wonder if/when we'll get one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 08:55
Did anyone else see the post notification from Daan and think it would be a birthday post for Ellie? Wonder if/when we'll get one.
She’ll post, don’t worry, but today is match day and they’re pros. I bet she’ll wait for the post match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 09:12
Guest wrote:
She’ll post, don’t worry, but today is match day and they’re pros. I bet she’ll wait for the post match.
Players don’t tend to post on SM on game day, with the exception of sharing the OL post. If Lyon win today (fingers crossed!) it might be later on. If they lose or play poorly, I could see it being a belated birthday post. A lot of teams have rules around SM content after a loss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 09:16
Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 09:12
Guest wrote:
Players don’t tend to post on SM on game day, with the exception of sharing the OL post. If Lyon win today (fingers crossed!) it might be later on. If they lose or play poorly, I could see it being a belated birthday post. A lot of teams have rules around SM content after a loss.
Yep, this. She will post! It just might not be today. Even if they win it might not be today because usually the players do a post about the game in that case. If they lose, it’ll definitely not be today. Unless she does so before the game but I personally don’t see that happening

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poor Dan can’t get a look in

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There it is! They are so cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 17:38
Birthday post! Also, does their house have a pool??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 17:44
Guest wrote:
I think so! That same pool is in one of Lindsey Hiram’s photo dumps and she tagged both of them in the photo of her in the pool despite neither being in the picture

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They are legit the cutest couple. Way more lowkey and genuine, you can feel the love in the pics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 17:55
They are legit the cutest couple. Way more lowkey and genuine, you can feel the love in the pics.
I love this about them. They protect their relationship so fiercely. They share only what they want to when they want to - nothing is ever posted for likes or to cater to fans. You can tell they absolutely adore each other and my goodness they are a gorgeous couple

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 17:44
Guest wrote:
Yes. It’s the same house/pool from Lindsey’s first pic where she tagged Daan and Ellie. Also nice car in the driveway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 18:10
Guest wrote:
I love this about them. They protect their relationship so fiercely. They share only what they want to when they want to - nothing is ever posted for likes or to cater to fans. You can tell they absolutely adore each other and my goodness they are a gorgeous couple
Da. I was listening to a podcast with Ruesha Littlejohn (Irish footballer) and she was talking about how women’s football players always get told that if they shared more of their private lives they would be more popular and there is a lot of pressure on players to be more public with their relationships. I just thought that was interesting in the context of these two who are clearly well aware of that but choose to keep their relationship private and share very little. It’s obviously very special to them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just know Daan had that post ready to go she posted it almost immediately after the win

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 20:43
I just know Daan had that post ready to go she posted it almost immediately after the win
I think so! I love the first pic. So, so cute. I don’t know if Lyon will get any days off now, their last league game is not until May 8 and they have first place locked up, but they’re pretty intense about training of course. If they do get a few days maybe they can sneak in a short trip somewhere like they did for Ellie’s birthday last year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 18:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. I was listening to a podcast with Ruesha Littlejohn (Irish footballer) and she was talking about how women’s football players always get told that if they shared more of their private lives they would be more popular and there is a lot of pressure on players to be more public with their relationships. I just thought that was interesting in the context of these two who are clearly well aware of that but choose to keep their relationship private and share very little. It’s obviously very special to them.
Oh, do you remember which podcast it was? That seems like an interesting discussion.

It's true that Daan and Ellie really do keep their relationship private. I kinda think it makes it even more endearing bc it shows what they do choose to share is significant. but there's also stuff we find out way after the act. I also wonder how much of them keeping things private comes from daan having to overexpose her previous relationship and wanting to keep something for herself this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 22:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh, do you remember which podcast it was? That seems like an interesting discussion.

It's true that Daan and Ellie really do keep their relationship private. I kinda think it makes it even more endearing bc it shows what they do choose to share is significant. but there's also stuff we find out way after the act. I also wonder how much of them keeping things private comes from daan having to overexpose her previous relationship and wanting to keep something for herself this time.
It was the podcast she does with her sister, can’t remember which episode but that comment stuck out to me because she also said that a lot of players are pulling back from sharing their private lives because the fan base has changed quite a bit since the Euros and attention has gotten more intense. So even though many understand it comes at a cost to the “marketability” they are choosing to prioritise their privacy. Ruesha is an… acquired taste… but she provides so many insights into the lives of current players I find it fascinating.

While I think Ellie the key driver behind their private nature I very much get the impression that Daan doesn’t want to repeat what her last relationship was like with sharing so much. I do love the little snippets they share though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 22:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I personally think their relationship being kept private with mutual feelings on doing so. They were so heavily abused online when they first got together, it had to have taken a toll on them. And I think they love each other so completely that they feel the need to protect it and keep it just theirs. Danielle’s previous relationship was so public and used for a lot of *content* and I think the way she loves and is loved by Ellie is a different level than that was. She doesn’t want this to be content. It means too much to them to be reduced to that imo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
my roman empire is that in most of these pictures ellie is holding daan with her arms around her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 23:50
Guest wrote:
my roman empire is that in most of these pictures ellie is holding daan with her arms around her
Ellie gives off Big Spoon energy for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 02:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 06:41
Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 02:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
100%

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They’re very affectionate with each other! It makes me laugh a little because it’s such a sharp contrast to how they act when they are at work. but I think it goes back to how someone said earlier that they just keep their private life away from the public eye.

it’s just so clear that they love each other very very much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Awfully quiet from them today. Hoping for a mini birthday holiday and a photo dump :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 18:48
The black dress Daan is wearing is the one Ellie was wearing in one of the pictures from the birthday photo dump Daan did. Cute!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 18:58
Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 18:51
Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 18:48
The black dress Daan is wearing is the one Ellie was wearing in one of the pictures from the birthday photo dump Daan did. Cute!!
Pretty sure this dress is the same one that Daan has in white (which she wore to Lieke's pre-wedding party). Then Ellie wore the black version to the actual wedding.
I think so! They’ve swapped the shoes Daan is wearing before too I believe lol what a fun bonus to be the same size for shoes and clothes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

daan can you fight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 19:21
daan can you fight

She can and she would! 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not Daan calling herself Ellie’s wag in her IG story 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 20:58
My gf said that she did that and i was like “no freaking way” and then I looked myself and lmfooooooo incredible. She is so ready to be a full-time wag 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 20:59
Guest wrote:
My gf said that she did that and i was like “no freaking way” and then I looked myself and lmfooooooo incredible. She is so ready to be a full-time wag 😂
At least we know what the answer is to the question “what will Daan do once she retires and Ellie continues playing?”

Live out her dream of being a full-time wag.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 21:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
At least we know what the answer is to the question “what will Daan do once she retires and Ellie continues playing?”

:shehumper:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 21:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wag
Coaching licence student
Ellie's agent

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hoping they/someone posts more photos from the event! They all look amazing and I'd love to see them hanging out with their team mates having fun, hopefully next to each other for once at work! :fingcross: