Re: International Women's Football - Part V

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:56
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 13:57
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 13:51
Do people think that Ruesha will go to the WC? I know there’s the whole marketing aspect of it but I struggle to see her actually playing many minutes.
I think she'll definitely go if she can stay healthy, she's a solid squad player. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most of the Irish players to go to a major tournament like this. I am interested to find out what her next steps will be after this, whether she finds another club to play at or retires.

She’s unfollowed 21 people in one day. Also deletes pictures now one at the time.
Whatever katie did it really pissed her off :rofl:
Ruesha hasn’t deleted any posts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:27
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:19
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:56
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:43
Is Macario as good as the hype she’s getting? All I know is she played one season with Lyon and did well. And scored goals against Iceland and others in the SheBelieves cup and after that Vlatko Andonovski started calling her the best player in the world. I took that with a grain of salt because they don’t really know any middle ground in America. Everything as always either non-existant or the biggest and best in the world for them?

What are some of Macario’s memorable performances? Any specific good goals for Lyon or games where she stood out? What talents is she known for? Like playing style wise.
Google and youtube her. Thx
Great way of saying you don’t know.

If you asked me about a player I did know about I would answer you. I don’t know how many times I provided answers for perfectly Google-able questions on here.

I’m not in the mood to deep dive and research Macario’s whole career right now. It takes a lot of time to look up and rewatch all her old games and highlights. I was hoping someone might have followed her closer than I have and might be willing to provide a summary and their impression.
It’s not just her technical ability, to me, she has an insane footbal IQ, reads the game so well, she’s not going to be running up and down the field like a madwoman, but when she does make runs she finds impossible spaces, and is one of the best ball benders I’ve seen, she’s a finisher.
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Every time anything American adjacent is posted here, it becomes blatantly obvious how many American “fans” lurk here. that probably accounts for more of the toxicity than anticipated. though I suspect there are also some American elders with appreciation of women’s football history and that is welcomed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:04
Every time anything American adjacent is posted here, it becomes blatantly obvious how many American “fans” lurk here. that probably accounts for more of the toxicity than anticipated. though I suspect there are also some American elders with appreciation of women’s football history and that is welcomed.
Sorry but American fans aren’t the ones harping about Arsenal and Chelsea. That’s English fans cannibalizing themselves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:39
All I'm getting from the Katie + Caitlin talk is that Lia Wälti might be single now :wub:
I know she seems a bit unhinged but I'd happily let her ruin my life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Not like it’s forbidden for Americans to follow football in other countries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Domselaar is going to Villa does this mean Hampton is leaving for Chelsea? I don't remember her being in running at other clubs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:21

If Domselaar is going to Villa does this mean Hampton is leaving for Chelsea? I don't remember her being in running at other clubs.
Hampton was linked to Chelsea, Man United and Man City a couple of weeks ago, and she was also linked to two unnamed clubs in Spain just yesterday.

I don't see why she would leave her starting role in an up and coming Villa team to waste away on the bench somewhere else but she's turned down a new contract from Villa so apparently that's what she wants to do

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:15
Guest wrote:
Sorry but American fans aren’t the ones harping about Arsenal and Chelsea. That’s English fans cannibalizing themselves.
ah yes all those Arsenal and Chelsea fans watching Stanford games in their spare time. Americans are extreme when it comes to college sports loyalty and rivalries so if those North Carolina obsessives or whichever college team is good these days are also rating Macario highly for example, that might carry more weight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

How are Chelsea gonna have 4 international level goalkeepers? They signed Evrard as well, which is already wild. One of them might go on loan though. I think Hampton is going to Tottenham. They just released 12 players, including their starting goalkeeper. I assume at least some of those would have stayed if offered a contract. Tottenham thankfully seem to realise that asking for a closed league will not be enough, and have got to be making some moves. Don’t think they want another season in the relegation zone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
ah yes all those Arsenal and Chelsea fans watching Stanford games in their spare time. Americans are extreme when it comes to college sports loyalty and rivalries so if those North Carolina obsessives or whichever college team is good these days are also rating Macario highly for example, that might carry more weight.
Try again. The toxicity in this thread has nothing to do with American college sports. The trolls are the ones the obsess every time Arsenal is criticized, Chelsea is criticized, Katie/Ruesha speculation, Caitlin/Lia cheating, etc. comes up. Sorry but that's not an American's doing. The "F" and "T" troll is an unhinged English WSL fan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I asked people their takes on Macario as I don’t know that much about her as a player!!! Her college time is a relevant part of her career.

So thanks to everyone Americans and others who replied.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://instagram.com/stories/pharder10 ... M3MzIxNA==

This is cute. With everyone breaking left and right I hope they are not jinxed 😭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 07:01
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:00
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:53
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:46
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:18

Remember the p---- cake? The Arnold twins outing themselves as bi & gay under some random meme on Facebook? Aschauer & Bernauer confirmation because somebody overheard Clara Schöne (I think) gossiping about it?
Its crazy, the Ali & Ashlyn of today seem like totally different people.
whoa having vague recollections of those rumors was probably I was surprised by Aschauer’s marriage to a man or am I getting people mixed up?
You’re not 😅 She had a gf before that too
Unrelated, but can someone please tell me if Josephine Henning is fam or not? I’ve been losing my mind over that for weeks now
She was with Lisa Weiß from 2016 to 2020ish, they had a dog together and everything
Really? Josie and Weiß? Wow never heard of that...interesting pairing...always liked both of them...
Especially Josie...we grew up in the same town she was two years older...everyone knew her she was that cool football talent...but never let it show. Always modest and calm.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I asked people their takes on Macario as I don’t know that much about her as a player!!! Her college time is a relevant part of her career.

So thanks to everyone Americans and others who replied.
Da. Jessie Fleming was an amazing college player. She's been bang average at Chelsea, can't believe they renewed her contract.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Try again. The toxicity in this thread has nothing to do with American college sports. The trolls are the ones the obsess every time Arsenal is criticized, Chelsea is criticized, Katie/Ruesha speculation, Caitlin/Lia cheating, etc. comes up. Sorry but that's not an American's doing. The "F" and "T" troll is an unhinged English WSL fan.
sorry if i was unclear on that part. before i thought 99% of the toxicity was due to English/Australian/Spanish/Catalan fans, but now i am reminded that at least 10-20% is probably Americans. though if we take into account selection effects, the American fans who lurk in this thread are probably not nearly as bad as the ones in their own thread so the anon was probably right to ask about Macario here instead of there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think the T troll is a man that hates women and that we talk on a forum, but still. That was some messed up, commited hate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ruesha has now unfollowed all of the mccabes apart from one sister. She’s even unfollowed the little sister’s active account

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:51
Guest wrote:

How are Chelsea gonna have 4 international level goalkeepers? They signed Evrard as well, which is already wild. One of them might go on loan though. I think Hampton is going to Tottenham. They just released 12 players, including their starting goalkeeper. I assume at least some of those would have stayed if offered a contract. Tottenham thankfully seem to realise that asking for a closed league will not be enough, and have got to be making some moves. Don’t think they want another season in the relegation zone.
That would be a downgrade and super baffling decision if true. Villa is coming up to be top.5 and spuds just narrowly avoiding relegation. Even MU with its best players exodus and prick skinner would be less bad if Earps leaves and she is first or second choice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 12:34
You'd think that by now Hayes would realize that hoarding attacking players isn't gonna make Chelsea competitive in Europe...
I knew that this announcement would have non-Chelsea fans rattled, but some of the takes here are hilarious. Squad depth isn't hoarding, you idiot.

Our other signings are a DM, a fullback, and a GK.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think the T troll is a man that hates women and that we talk on a forum, but still. That was some messed up, commited hate.
That would explain why the troll really wants Engen and Mapi rls go down fanatically.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jana just posted a story in Sevilla. She's going to be Jill's +1 to the Merel/Ana Romero wedding. Can't wait to see all the wedding pics and couple shots! Very difficult to remain discrete about that! :wub: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Ruesha has now unfollowed all of the mccabes apart from one sister. She’s even unfollowed the little sister’s active account
Jeez... KT you're going to hell what the fck did you do to her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well.. Jana is already in Sevilla, let's see if she's with Jill, and who else might go to the Merel wedding. :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:16
Well.. Jana is already in Sevilla, let's see if she's with Jill, and who else might go to the Merel wedding. :hudoin:
Jenni & Alexia :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That would be a downgrade and super baffling decision if true. Villa is coming up to be top.5 and spuds just narrowly avoiding relegation. Even MU with its best players exodus and prick skinner would be less bad if Earps leaves and she is first or second choice.
Aston Villa did something to improve and compete at the table, including signing good players. There’s nothing to say Tottenham can’t do the same. They already started with Beth England but this season was still a wake up call for them. If you don’t invest you’ll fall behind, even to the point of risking relegation.

But it’s not just players, it’s also having the right coach, facilities, staff and circumstances. A functioning academy. I don’t think they’ll soar to the top in one year but they can definitely improve.

Maybe Hampton has personal reasons why she wants to leave Villa. Wasn’t there drama? Maybe she wants to go to London. I think another team where she starts is more likely than going somewhere to be a backup at least. She’s already getting NT call ups so she needs to play.

It’s a bit special for goalkeepers too as the non-starters get almost no playing time. A 22-year old talented forward could go to Chelsea for the training environment and accept being primarily a substitute, but a goalkeeper in that situation would hardly get game minutes at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:14
Guest wrote:
Jeez... KT you're going to hell what the fck did you do to her
ruesha is like bradley cooper in a star is born

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Vd gragt, spitse, soraya verhoeve (ajax), loes geurts are also there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
So much for this I guess.

The ability for people to deny something so obvious and make up excuses is amazing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:18
Guest wrote:
For whatever reason, it seems Ana has forgiven or at least is on civil terms with Jenni. Alexia is a whole other matter. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
For whatever reason, it seems Ana has forgiven or at least is on civil terms with Jenni. Alexia is a whole other matter. :rofl:
I wonder if Jenni has intentions to return to Spain. She has not yet announced to extend her contract in mexico, has she?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:43
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I wonder if Jenni has intentions to return to Spain. She has not yet announced to extend her contract in mexico, has she?
The dutch do like spanish women and other way round lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
the world cup is gonna be so awkward, seems like they couldn't even be friends after 7 years together
also katie did some press today and seemed pissed off lmao check her sport on youtube

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has Ruesha unfollowed because its her ex and its quite normal to unfollow family members of an ex etc or has she done it because Katie cheated / her and Caitlin are actually a thing? I really couldn't see them two being together before but now I am thinking maybe they actually are

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:53
Has Ruesha unfollowed because its her ex and its quite normal to unfollow family members of an ex etc or has she done it because Katie cheated / her and Caitlin are actually a thing? I really couldn't see them two being together before but now I am thinking maybe they actually are
It was a really bad sign when ruesha wasn't at the semi final when Katie captained arsenal in a sell out game. They haven't been good for a while but I think ruesha thought it would work but Katie had other ideas. What changed, 1 thing and that's Caitlin no longer in a relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She would surely have unfollowed Caitlin though? That's the first thing she'd do?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Who is the other McCabe she follows? Is Ellie not Katie’s sister too? Just asking btw. Also, do you think she realises that she’s still following a Katie fanpage :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:03
Guest wrote:
She would surely have unfollowed Caitlin though? That's the first thing she'd do?
She did

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

oh wait she's not following Caitlin now, she was definitely following her before?
also harsh blow to unfollow katie's teenage sister, she only liked her post 6 days ago. Ruesha's super pissed off

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Panini mexico won’t bring the sticker album, just the trading cards.. fuck this shit! :ragee: :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:08
oh wait she's not following Caitlin now, she was definitely following her before?
also harsh blow to unfollow katie's teenage sister, she only liked her post 6 days ago. Ruesha's super pissed off
I’d be worried if i was katie. Ruesha looks like she could kill her 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:10
Guest wrote:
Now I believe these cheating rumours. Something has definitely happened and everybody at Arsenal knows. Jonas needs to bring in a no dating your teammate policy lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was some reference upthread to drama between Jordan and Jill at Arsenal last year…What’s the story there? Just curious.

And just to add another J… Jana is such a cutie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
the world cup is gonna be so awkward, seems like they couldn't even be friends after 7 years together
also katie did some press today and seemed pissed off lmao check her sport on youtube
I know we don’t like bronze/Walsh talk here but someone needs to be giving them both a medal right about now. All these messy as fuck break ups and drama going on with Roz and shelina, and Lia and foord. At least they’ve kept their shit together or at least private. Maybe because they’re so dull but still. Bravo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:13
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:10
Guest wrote:
Now I believe these cheating rumours. Something has definitely happened and everybody at Arsenal knows. Jonas needs to bring in a no dating your teammate policy lmao

Between Ruesha unfollowing all the McCabes as well as Caitlin combined with Lia unfollowing Katie combined with a handful of the Arsenal girls not even acknowledging Caitlin’s re-signing…to me means something happened.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know we don’t like bronze/Walsh talk here but someone needs to be giving them both a medal right about now. All these messy as fuck break ups and drama going on with Roz and shelina, and Lia and foord. At least they’ve kept their shit together or at least private. Maybe because they’re so dull but still. Bravo.
So true. There’s still time though…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 19:17
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:39
All I'm getting from the Katie + Caitlin talk is that Lia Wälti might be single now :wub:
I know she seems a bit unhinged but I'd happily let her ruin my life.
Better be quick because she moved fast last time…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She looks tired. Also, is she gonna keep that Ushuaiai VIP tag on until next year :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 21:14
There was some reference upthread to drama between Jordan and Jill at Arsenal last year…What’s the story there? Just curious.

And just to add another J… Jana is such a cutie.
Jill is still good with Lia, Leah, Lisa, Daan, Katie but not with Beth, Jordan and also not so close anymore with Viv. They talked before final in Eindhoven. Jill is very outspoken, so if there was drama, she would say something to that person lol

Jill and Jana are both cuties and have both beautiful smiles.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:19
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 20:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Aston Villa did something to improve and compete at the table, including signing good players. There’s nothing to say Tottenham can’t do the same. They already started with Beth England but this season was still a wake up call for them. If you don’t invest you’ll fall behind, even to the point of risking relegation.

But it’s not just players, it’s also having the right coach, facilities, staff and circumstances. A functioning academy. I don’t think they’ll soar to the top in one year but they can definitely improve.

Maybe Hampton has personal reasons why she wants to leave Villa. Wasn’t there drama? Maybe she wants to go to London. I think another team where she starts is more likely than going somewhere to be a backup at least. She’s already getting NT call ups so she needs to play.

It’s a bit special for goalkeepers too as the non-starters get almost no playing time. A 22-year old talented forward could go to Chelsea for the training environment and accept being primarily a substitute, but a goalkeeper in that situation would hardly get game minutes at all.
Wasn’t she banned by Clarke from playing in a match against Chelsea, told not to go down to London to watch said match but did so anyway?