Re: International Women's Football - Part V

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:02
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 13:57
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 13:51
Do people think that Ruesha will go to the WC? I know there’s the whole marketing aspect of it but I struggle to see her actually playing many minutes.
I think she'll definitely go if she can stay healthy, she's a solid squad player. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most of the Irish players to go to a major tournament like this. I am interested to find out what her next steps will be after this, whether she finds another club to play at or retires.
X2. She's a solid squad player and I hope she goes down to the Championship and helps a few teams with her experience. I think she has a little more left in her. Plus, the WWC with the extra money per player is an amazing opportunity. I just wish it were under better circumstances for her personally, but ah well.
OP here. I really like her style of play, but just wondered what people thought considering she’s had a hard time recently with injuries. There’s a lot of buzz around Ireland here atm about it! :) I agree about championship, I wouldn’t be surprised if she retired after this, though. Just hope she doesn’t team up with Shebahn in retirement for some kind of entertainment thing lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Do people think that Ruesha will go to the WC? I know there’s the whole marketing aspect of it but I struggle to see her actually playing many minutes.
I think she'll definitely go if she can stay healthy, she's a solid squad player. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most of the Irish players to go to a major tournament like this. I am interested to find out what her next steps will be after this, whether she finds another club to play at or retires.
X2. She's a solid squad player and I hope she goes down to the Championship and helps a few teams with her experience. I think she has a little more left in her. Plus, the WWC with the extra money per player is an amazing opportunity. I just wish it were under better circumstances for her personally, but ah well.
OP here. I really like her style of play, but just wondered what people thought considering she’s had a hard time recently with injuries. There’s a lot of buzz around Ireland here atm about it! :) I agree about championship, I wouldn’t be surprised if she retired after this, though. Just hope she doesn’t team up with Shebahn in retirement for some kind of entertainment thing lol
2nd anon here, I think when she retires she'll 100% team up with Shebahn on the "journalism"/media side of things. She's already got a YouTube channel where she does vlogs. I actually prefer Ruesha to Shebahn, I think she's funny and is clearly well-liked by her teammates, but she also has pretty good insight about the game. I'm not a Shebahn fan at all, I think she capitalized on Ruesha's relationship with Katie to get in-depth info and gossip about players' personal lives that she used to draw attention to her platform. She also played up like the info she was sharing wasn't anything secret and that she wasn't doing anything wrong, which rubbed me the wrong way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
2nd anon here, I think when she retires she'll 100% team up with Shebahn on the "journalism"/media side of things. She's already got a YouTube channel where she does vlogs. I actually prefer Ruesha to Shebahn, I think she's funny and is clearly well-liked by her teammates, but she also has pretty good insight about the game. I'm not a Shebahn fan at all, I think she capitalized on Ruesha's relationship with Katie to get in-depth info and gossip about players' personal lives that she used to draw attention to her platform. She also played up like the info she was sharing wasn't anything secret and that she wasn't doing anything wrong, which rubbed me the wrong way.
Completely agree with all of this. The thing with Ruesha is, she’s actually got the personality to do the media side of things without Shebahn but I think she’ll be too tempted to just collab with her instead.
I definitely am not a fan of Shebahn, I agree with you about how she increased her popularity. Even with the Ruesha leaving Villa thing, she acted like she had ‘accidentally’ leaked that with her ‘oops’ comment when in reality that wasn’t the case. She’s definitely one person I can’t warm to at all… I have tried!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She started against the US and they didn’t do bad. No reason she wouldn’t go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 13:25
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 10:50
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 10:18
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 10:06
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 09:28

What has she done to be iconic
Iconic to be that over hyped after barely starting her pro career
I fckn hate chelshit and this is the first signing that actually terrifies me lol I’ve seen her play for years and a lot of you are about to fuck around and find out
People hate everything. Imagine getting a player like her and the club not hyping it up. OTOH, those Arsenal fans worried about drama affecting next season, I would worry more about the league winners getting so much better once again while they don't have a single world class player coming. It seems next year won't be so close with both Arsenal and MU staying the same or getting worse.
And as for UWCL, I think other club's fans should be grateful Hayes isn't the best at getting the full potential out of her players (and that somehow, no one at the club notices). I know I am.
X100 woso fans are ridiculous!Big clubs don't invest in their women's teams - they are shit and don't care, club like Chelsea spend big money on their women's side - they are shit because they are spends too much! Guys, what do you want?!
A healthy mead and miedema are world class, but yes, huge holes in defense, especially with Rafa gone. There’s no need to panic for arsenal fans, the summer literally just started

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:22
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Completely agree with all of this. The thing with Ruesha is, she’s actually got the personality to do the media side of things without Shebahn but I think she’ll be too tempted to just collab with her instead.
I definitely am not a fan of Shebahn, I agree with you about how she increased her popularity. Even with the Ruesha leaving Villa thing, she acted like she had ‘accidentally’ leaked that with her ‘oops’ comment when in reality that wasn’t the case. She’s definitely one person I can’t warm to at all… I have tried!
Yeah, I got really annoyed when she was talking about Lucy and Keira as a couple. Even though fans who follow them know they are (were?) together, they definitely weren't open about it on a media/public side of things. Shebahn's response when people were criticizing her for sharing that was "It's not a secret!" but... yeah, it was a secret, they're not publicly out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pic 7 who's the girl?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:heart: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:58

Pic 7 who's the girl?
IDK who the girl is but I thought Dama was with the rugby guy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:23
Guest wrote:

Pic 7 who's the girl?
I thought someone figured out he was a family member

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:32
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:23
Guest wrote:

Pic 7 who's the girl?
I thought someone figured out he was a family member
Yeah, rugby guy is a cousin (or brother).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:10

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:38
Oh this is good, ready to be mad we won it 3 times :queen:
In 3rd place like at the olympics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:47
Guest wrote:
In 3rd place like at the olympics.
This won’t happen until we get rid of our idiot coach. Vlatko is a clown show and doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:14
I'm surprised it's only for 1 year, I thought she'd get 2 at least

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Macario as good as the hype she’s getting? All I know is she played one season with Lyon and did well. And scored goals against Iceland and others in the SheBelieves cup and after that Vlatko Andonovski started calling her the best player in the world. I took that with a grain of salt because they don’t really know any middle ground in America. Everything as always either non-existant or the biggest and best in the world for them?

What are some of Macario’s memorable performances? Any specific good goals for Lyon or games where she stood out? What talents is she known for? Like playing style wise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:39
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:10

Where's mapitroll? :bigcry: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 05:00
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:52
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 16:25
Macario wanted 1 million salary from lyon lol
Wonder how much chelsea paying her ,more than kerr ? Possibly she use this salary offer to leave lyon since she knew lyon weren't going to offer that salary
https://www.tumblr.com/redwineconversat ... urce=share
Are you crazy? Chelsea aren’t gonna pay her 1 million per year. And if they do, it’s Boehly. 2/3 of it would have to come in the form of added budget from the main club, Chelsea women can’t afford that. If they could, players would be paid that.

And if they do, it’s again Boehly who doesn’t understand the first thing about football. She isn’t Messi or Mbappé. She’s an American player who has yet to play a major tournament for her national team, largely unknown to the European audience. She had one good season in Lyon, where she was one of many good players.

Are you gonna have her walk onto your team, the best team in England, and demand and get double the pay of their currently best paid player and the star of the team? That would be wild. And risk major disruption in the team. Makes Macario look crazy entitled. She will already get a good salary. She won’t be wanted anywhere if she demands impossible salaries twice that of what the biggest stars are making. What she should do is sign a 2-year contract with a good salary, prove her worth to the club, and then use that to renegotiate a new salary in a new contract after that.
But if she was already making 600k at Lyon she would expect same if not a little more at Chelsea. And Sam is currently making 600k. There will be some clash either way.
I think it’s possible Sam makes even more than that honestly. Or maybe depending on what currency we are talking about. But her contract is one of the oldest at Chelsea. She renewed it around October 2021, to go from summer 2022 to summer 2024. Chelsea wants to renew her again and that would mean a new increase, so will be exciting to see what she does after the world cup. I think she wants to stay at Chelsea but I think she wants to be able to be with Kristie even more. So if they can’t find a way for Kristie to be in London then I actually think it’s possible that Sam could leave.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:43
Is Macario as good as the hype she’s getting? All I know is she played one season with Lyon and did well. And scored goals against Iceland and others in the SheBelieves cup and after that Vlatko Andonovski started calling her the best player in the world. I took that with a grain of salt because they don’t really know any middle ground in America. Everything as always either non-existant or the biggest and best in the world for them?

What are some of Macario’s memorable performances? Any specific good goals for Lyon or games where she stood out? What talents is she known for? Like playing style wise.
Google and youtube her. Thx

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She’s unfollowed 21 people in one day. Also deletes pictures now one at the time.
Whatever katie did it really pissed her off :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Manuelas is having another event tonight in Barcelona.

Do we think that any of the Barca girls will show up?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 06:52

Man United are so unserious, they're seriously lucky City are stagnating under Taylor
They have no choice but to pay their players competitive salaries. Otherwise many players will leave when they can. They have a lot of players that other teams want, not least the defensive lock Earps, Le Tissier and Turner, as well as Russo and Toone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:56
Guest wrote:

Think Anon was looking for other Anons to cut through the bullshit of official commentators. Maybe worth asking Americans in the USA thread?
(No idea personally, though one goal against Iceland doesnt sound amazing, maybe she belongs in the ‘potential’ camp).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Think Anon was looking for other Anons to cut through the bullshit of official commentators. Maybe worth asking Americans in the USA thread?
(No idea personally, though one goal against Iceland doesnt sound amazing, maybe she belongs in the ‘potential’ camp).
American lurker here. Cat is good but she hasn't reached nor shown her full potential yet. And she's certainly not a household name in the US by any stretch of the imagination. Both Sophia Smith and Mal Pugh (before she got injured) rate higher. But Cat is creative and has a nice touch. It'll be interesting to see her form post-injury. We haven't seen her play in forever...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 09:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 09:13
Chelsea socials team working extra hard here to make out like it's a Harder for a Harder, to calm the hysteria that always sets in among some whenever an important player leaves a team. I bet Macario hasn't ever been googled as much as she is going to be today. There is nothing iconic about her, you're right. Such a try hard, premature billing from Chelsea.
Are they really? When Sam was interviewed at the end of the season and was asked about the players leaving, she said that players like Harder and Eriksson aren’t players that you can replace, but that they simply have to find a new way. I would have thought that was the whole team’s attitude. Not a replacement, but a new way forward.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Chelsea socials team working extra hard here to make out like it's a Harder for a Harder, to calm the hysteria that always sets in among some whenever an important player leaves a team. I bet Macario hasn't ever been googled as much as she is going to be today. There is nothing iconic about her, you're right. Such a try hard, premature billing from Chelsea.
I sense butthurt panicking arsenal stans out for macario :rofl: they’re jealous of chels money its funny. chelsea gets all the big name signing and still zero for assna. Even if they get russo she is no threat like macario. this season is gonna be so fire 💙 your defense is terrified 🎵

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Aren’t you the one that comes on here and complains endlessly about how boring it is when the same team wins?

Also, get ready to find out 38-year olds and out of form players aren’t gonna win you the world cup. Maybe before, not any more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are they really? When Sam was interviewed at the end of the season and was asked about the players leaving, she said that players like Harder and Eriksson aren’t players that you can replace, but that they simply have to find a new way. I would have thought that was the whole team’s attitude. Not a replacement, but a new way forward.
You always get wetthebed fans who cry about how the player coming in isn't as good as the player going out and how the sky will fall because of it, and they do this regardless of what managers or players have to say about squad changes. Some people just love to catastrophise. They tend to either be the ones camped online 24/7 or the ones who only arrived post-Euros, or both. Nothing you say about a new player will ever fully satisfy them, but you can placate them a little if you do things like call your signing iconic. Half of those seeing that genuinely won't know any better because they're just not knowledgeable enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Great way of saying you don’t know.

If you asked me about a player I did know about I would answer you. I don’t know how many times I provided answers for perfectly Google-able questions on here.

I’m not in the mood to deep dive and research Macario’s whole career right now. It takes a lot of time to look up and rewatch all her old games and highlights. I was hoping someone might have followed her closer than I have and might be willing to provide a summary and their impression.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 12:19
Unfortunately, Fraunen Bundeslia will not be shown on DAZN in the US. I spent a lot of time yesterday texting with DAZN US about this issue!😡🥲

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

American lurker here. Cat is good but she hasn't reached nor shown her full potential yet. And she's certainly not a household name in the US by any stretch of the imagination. Both Sophia Smith and Mal Pugh (before she got injured) rate higher. But Cat is creative and has a nice touch. It'll be interesting to see her form post-injury. We haven't seen her play in forever...
She’s physical but her skills aren’t out of the world, I was never impressed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

American journalists hyped her even before she was eligible to play for the US mainly because she was an outstanding college player but we've seen many times that that doesn't necessarily translate to the professional level. She seems to have adapted though as she was good in Lyon but still far from the best. She definitely is a huge talent but from what I've seen of her she's also an immensely selfish player which has hindered her performances quite some times. So far she had one good game for the US but that was against Iceland and with all due respect that is not an opponent the US team should struggle against. Journalists after that game were writing about her winning the Ballon d'or in the future though and she seems to happily buy in to that hype as she has a major ego. I think if she can get that ego in check and (huge if) she can stay injury free she's gonna be a mainstay in the uswnt for years to come and will be a great asset for whatever club she plays for. I doubt that she's gonna be the best in the world though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Unfortunately, Fraunen Bundesliga will not be shown in the US on DAZN US. I spent quite a bit of time texting with DAZN yesterday about this matter.😡🥲

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:11
Guest wrote:
Aren’t you the one that comes on here and complains endlessly about how boring it is when the same team wins?

Also, get ready to find out 38-year olds and out of form players aren’t gonna win you the world cup. Maybe before, not any more.
*All the international shit talking*
USWNT: “we do not care”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da, also American. She reminds me a little of Lauren James in that she’s super hyped up and is rumored to have an ego (and parents with an ego) and you can see why she’s so hyped at times when she’s fit, but she hasn’t quite lived up to it yet. She’s young but has a reputation for being injury-prone, already on her second ACL rupture. One thing I am confident will happen at Chelsea is that they’ll get her healthy and do their damndest to keep her that way. There’s probably not a better WSL team, maybe team in any league, for an injury-prone player to go. Lauren James came in injured and out of shape but they were able to get her into form and she’s been healthy this season and has started to shine. I think it’ll be that way for Macario too. I don’t know how much we’ll see of her this season, at least not in the first half, but I think she’ll be good once she gets fit again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

American here. Macario probably was the greatest college player ever, no hyperbole, which is no small feat when you consider the legends who came through the NCAA. Her college highlights are still more impressive than anything she’s as of yet done as a pro imo.

It still remains to be seen if she can live up to that as a professional, which is mostly no fault of her own. She’s gotten extremely unlucky with injuries and timing. She’s still going to be a very good player but a world class, ballon d’or type? Jury is still out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hope you're right. three times i a row would be too much. Its enough. Also think, they need fresh players with a healthier attitude. I really admired their spirit and their whole team ever since 2011, but they lost me over the last years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Caits got McCabe, Katie McCabe I just don't want to understand, she cheats in bars, she cheats in the showers, caits got Katie McCabe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:29
Guest wrote:

American journalists hyped her even before she was eligible to play for the US mainly because she was an outstanding college player but we've seen many times that that doesn't necessarily translate to the professional level. She seems to have adapted though as she was good in Lyon but still far from the best. She definitely is a huge talent but from what I've seen of her she's also an immensely selfish player which has hindered her performances quite some times. So far she had one good game for the US but that was against Iceland and with all due respect that is not an opponent the US team should struggle against. Journalists after that game were writing about her winning the Ballon d'or in the future though and she seems to happily buy in to that hype as she has a major ego. I think if she can get that ego in check and (huge if) she can stay injury free she's gonna be a mainstay in the uswnt for years to come and will be a great asset for whatever club she plays for. I doubt that she's gonna be the best in the world though.
Thank you. Well I’m deciding I’m gonna give her an honest chance. I’ve always complained that American players only sign short loans, never really signing directly for the club so the club can properly build around them. And then leaving early, and wanting to leave outside Fifa breaks. But Macario signed a long contract, she seems commited, she wants to play with the good players of Chelsea.

There’s nothing in here about her being better than this or that player like people were saying Chelsea were stating. I think Macario might have a similar experience to Sam Kerr where she was very hyped up when she signed, used to being the star, but then came to the club and realised it was full of really talented players that she could also learn a lot from. Macario should be expecting that though I suppose after having played at Lyon.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/artic ... io-signing

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/artic ... to-be-no-9

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh now they trying to make the players feel bad for accepting to go in early for camp :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As an American who watched all of Cat’s games with USWNT, yes she is very good. So good that Vlatko built the offense around her. In the time that she’s been injured, both Smith and Pugh have excelled so who knows what the USWNT shape will take when all three are healthy. Cat was a superstar in College at Stanford an extremely lauded program. She was definitely living up to the hype until the injury. I’m jealous Chelsea landed her. Any team would be thrilled to have her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:31
Guest wrote:
Unfortunately, Fraunen Bundesliga will not be shown in the US on DAZN US. I spent quite a bit of time texting with DAZN yesterday about this matter.😡🥲
Do you know if Ata Football will retain the rights for US so?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:45
Caits got McCabe, Katie McCabe I just don't want to understand, she cheats in bars, she cheats in the showers, caits got Katie McCabe
^^^
someone with too much time on their hands

https://uk.indeed.com/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:55
As an American who watched all of Cat’s games with USWNT, yes she is very good. So good that Vlatko built the offense around her. In the time that she’s been injured, both Smith and Pugh have excelled so who knows what the USWNT shape will take when all three are healthy. Cat was a superstar in College at Stanford an extremely lauded program. She was definitely living up to the hype until the injury. I’m jealous Chelsea landed her. Any team would be thrilled to have her.
She was Lyon best player in the season she got hurt
Yes she has a long term injury just like ada , and ada came back good
Just need to be patient with her and she show her worth . I think some fans are like stop comparing her to Harder she done nothing , and she has , she younger than harder and can become a top 5 player like harder is when she healthy
It’s ok to love harder and macario

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:09
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:55
She was Lyon best player in the season she got hurt
Yes she has a long term injury just like ada , and ada came back good
Just need to be patient with her and she show her worth . I think some fans are like stop comparing her to Harder she done nothing , and she has , she younger than harder and can become a top 5 player like harder is when she healthy
It’s ok to love harder and macario
Comparing her with Hegerberg and Harder :eyeroll: Some of you are really shameless. She has only played ONE year as a pro

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hope you're right. three times i a row would be too much. Its enough. Also think, they need fresh players with a healthier attitude. I really admired their spirit and their whole team ever since 2011, but they lost me over the last years.
I mean I want a different winner, for the same reasons you stated. And I think it’s a weakness of the US that they rely too heavily on ”lock ins” with given spots like Rapinoe, Ertz, Morgan, Dunn. But at the Olympics they were all veterans and they weren’t prepared for other teams to be as good as they were. They’re not gonna make that mistake again.

So I could also be wrong. They have many good players, and an endless supply of players at a high level that come into national team consideration at 23 instead of 18, already having played at a high level for a while. Two good goalkeepers. Fox and Girma are really good. So are Smith and Rodman (and Swanson). Other players like Lynn Williams have been in great form and are target goal scorers. Experience from winning, which gets passed on to younger players even if they themselves haven’t been at a world cup.

And it’s not only the US form that comes into it, it’s also the teams that challenge them. To not reach the final it’s either Spain, Sweden or the Netherlands (who they may play in the semifinal) that can stop them imo. Maybe Japan. Spain will miss many Barcelona players and are inexperienced at international level still. But will likely still be very good. Sweden is getting slightly older and questionable form in the latest friendlies. The Netherlands I can’t say, I think they are good. All these teams are still good. It’s hard to know. Norway could have a good tournament they have Reiten, Graham Hansen, Hegerberg and Maanum after all.

On the other side of the bracket the main contenders are England, France, Germany, Brazil, Australia. And if we are talking in terms of being a threat to the US it’s almost not relevant, because the US will have to play at most one of these teams, not all five, one after the other.

England, some injuries, starting date of camp drama, some very good players left out of squad. France, injuries, just lost Cascarino which is a major blow, new coach. Germany, not so many injuries but a bit questionable form recently? Will always be a threat to anyone they play. Experience from winning just like the US, which tends to be a factor. Brazil have looked very good. Many good players. But then again Germany and one of France or Brazil are set to play eachother in the round of 16. Again hard to know. All these teams are good.

Australia have also looked good, plus they are at home. They are difficult to predict. It feels like their margins are very slim. If they do badly they could get knocked out in the group, if they get everything right they could go really far. Again many very good players. They have also done a great job of improving their depth in the past two years, sending more players to Sweden, England and the US to have more players who are used to a higher tempo and load. You could see in the game against England that it has worked.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 18:09
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:45
^^^
someone with too much time on their hands

https://uk.indeed.com/
Must be a chelsea fan can’t write chants atleast make it rhyme buddy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 17:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Great way of saying you don’t know.

If you asked me about a player I did know about I would answer you. I don’t know how many times I provided answers for perfectly Google-able questions on here.

I’m not in the mood to deep dive and research Macario’s whole career right now. It takes a lot of time to look up and rewatch all her old games and highlights. I was hoping someone might have followed her closer than I have and might be willing to provide a summary and their impression.
It’s not just her technical ability, to me, she has an insane footbal IQ, reads the game so well, she’s not going to be running up and down the field like a madwoman, but when she does make runs she finds impossible spaces, and is one of the best ball benders I’ve seen, she’s a finisher.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All I'm getting from the Katie + Caitlin talk is that Lia Wälti might be single now :wub: