International Women's Football - Part V

RXD
Reactions: 64

International Women's Football - Part V

Post by RXD »

1st thread: FIFA Women's World Cup (2019)
2nd thread: International Women's Football - Part II
3rd thread: International Women's Football - Part III
4th thread: International Women's Football - Part IV

Useful links: List of gays and bi players :heart:
A special thanks to all the people who kindly contributed to this list. You are the absolute best. :goldstar:

Discuss anything related to international women's football here and have fun!

The L Chat has in practice encouraged users not to engage Internet trolls. Some threads explicitly reference this long-standing practice. It is to be observed for the entire Forum and all threads, whether or not it is explicit in adopted thread rules, that users are not to engage trolls. Not observing this rule may result in disciplinary action not limited to warnings, bans, and removal of content.

Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part V

Post by Guest »

Thank you RXD!
:dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In case there was still any doubt -Mayling is sat with Daly’s fam at the opening of her youth team’s club cafe.

Happy new thread day!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rosella was in Morocco for an award ceremony, in which she won something. So she wasn't just bunking off from training for no reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Frankfurt 3:0 up against Wolfsburg :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wolfsburg choking :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:22
4:0

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:16
In case there was still any doubt -Mayling is sat with Daly’s fam at the opening of her youth team’s club cafe.

Happy new thread day!
Daly's followed the majority of her family on insta, definitely are an item.

Very strange she has kept it quiet on social media, if you've followed Rach for a few years you'll know thats not her style. I would say "I hope this one sticks" but again if you've followed Rach you know how the story goes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:26
Guest wrote:
To be fair, the last one was clear offside. Like 1m or so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Kerr was being assessed for cramping earlier she should not start. Not sure about this lineup tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:37

If Kerr was being assessed for cramping earlier she should not start. Not sure about this lineup tbh.
Harder on the bench, crazy. Glad she is leaving this club. Come on United!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Weir is the best signing this season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can wob call Lyon and ask them to take their place in final ?! Being serious
Barca scoring 10 on that defense is possible

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Benching Kankovic is a choice. I hope Harder is a impact sub later because I don't see Sam scoring.

Emma doesn't want Harder to shine in front of 70k attendance after the Bayern news came out. So petty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:33
Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:26
Guest wrote:
To be fair, the last one was clear offside. Like 1m or so
Wolfsburg is terrible today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:46
Can wob call Lyon and ask them to take their place in final ?! Being serious
Barca scoring 10 on that defense is possible
Even a blind person won't put Hendrich in the uwcl final after this. Do they have other defenders to take her place? Lena disasterclass is becoming a routine.

Still cursing Chelsea for knocking out the only legible threat out with fake diving :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like the idea of the 3 trophies being won by different teams this year, so probably going to support United (Ona!) today. Maybe 2-1?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:49
Benching Kankovic is a choice. I hope Harder is a impact sub later because I don't see Sam scoring.

Emma doesn't want Harder to shine in front of 70k attendance after the Bayern news came out. So petty.
Reverse jinx? :lol:

I can't believe Harder is on the bench. Like wtf is Emma thinkin?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Also think LJ starting cause of general England Wembley media hype. BBC will gush over how utterly fantastic she is every five minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

🙄

Kerr came off as a precaution against Everton. Her resting against Leicester and playing today against United was the most predictable managerial move ever. Don’t know how you are possibly surprised by that.

I would want Carter on the field instead of Charles though. And Cankovic in for James. Especially Cankovic. She has delivered good performance after good performance, both scoring and providing assists, as well as crucially at least somewhat stepping into the void left by Harder and Kirby. When a new player plays like that, that’s when you should reward them with more starts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

You know Sam has a habit of scoring beautiful goals against Mary Earps, right?

But Charles and especially Fleming must be paying Emma or something… She’s probably worried that Harder can’t go the full 90.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:56
Guest wrote:

I am telling you Emma is holding a grudge over the Bayern news "leaking" and will only sub Harder in if needed cause she doesn't want those players leaving Chelsea to shine in front of such a big attendance.

It's a mistake because Sam isn't a sure goalscorer like a fit Harder is. And will be even slower if she is cramping a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:55
I like the idea of the 3 trophies being won by different teams this year, so probably going to support United (Ona!) today. Maybe 2-1?
Da me too. I think Chelsea will win the league, so going to support United today.

Also I have a crush on Katie Zelem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

🙄

Kerr came off as a precaution against Everton. Her resting against Leicester and playing today against United was the most predictable managerial move ever. Don’t know how you are possibly surprised by that.

I would want Carter on the field instead of Charles though. And Cankovic in for James. Especially Cankovic. She has delivered good performance after good performance, both scoring and providing assists, as well as crucially at least somewhat stepping into the void left by Harder and Kirby. When a new player plays like that, that’s when you should reward them with more starts.
SkySports said earlier that she was going to be assessed because of cramp.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I am telling you Emma is holding a grudge over the Bayern news "leaking" and will only sub Harder in if needed cause she doesn't want those players leaving Chelsea to shine in front of such a big attendance.

It's a mistake because Sam isn't a sure goalscorer like a fit Harder is. And will be even slower if she is cramping a bit.
Lol, you know it’s much harder to take you seriously regarding Harder when you make it so obvious you’re really just a Sam hater? I mean at least think of something remotely true to say.

Where was Harder when Chelsea beat Liverpool 3-2 in the quarterfinal (hattrick by Sam) or beat Aston Villa 1-0 in the semifinal (goal by Sam) to get to this final in the first place?

If Sam had been unavaliable all season just like Harder, Chelsea wouldn’t even be in the final. So you don’t just get to come back for the final 5 games of the season, have a show down against the teams in the relegation zone, and then suddenly it’s all thanks to Harder, disregarding the player that’s been carrying Chelsea on her back for the third season in a row.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MVT was there too. Lauras call up secured. I hope Hendrich is not called up even as backup.17k is pretty decent number for a non final league game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lol, you know it’s much harder to take you seriously regarding Harder when you make it so obvious you’re really just a Sam hater? I mean at least think of something remotely true to say.

Where was Harder when Chelsea beat Liverpool 3-2 in the quarterfinal (hattrick by Sam) or beat Aston Villa 1-0 in the semifinal (goal by Sam) to get to this final in the first place?

If Sam had been unavaliable all season just like Harder, Chelsea wouldn’t even be in the final. So you don’t just get to come back for the final 5 games of the season, have a show down against the teams in the relegation zone, and then suddenly it’s all thanks to Harder, disregarding the player that’s been carrying Chelsea on her back for the third season in a row.
Sam is good. Someone here said earlier she is not a clinical striker and misses easy sitters while scoring
more difficult creative goals but it's better to have someone who will get the job done quickly in a cup final is all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:44
agreed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Also it's about Emma taking a risk not starting someone whose season has just started and way more fresh than Sam who has been carrying Chelsea all season. I know United are not Everton and Lecister and you can't expect a drubbing like that but benching an inform fresh player in front of a big crowd for a tired player who was cramping few days ago is not tactically smart unless both
her and Harder feel like she has played too much and doesn't think she can start the match

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oberdorf seems to have forgotten how to win defensive duels without fouls. 30% won today. The last weeks it was regularly way below 50%. Her timing is horrible and when a player runs at her at speed, I feel like she loses the duels every time. Her passing is also very sloppy. Wolfsburg has no alternatives, but I wonder how much credit she has with MVT, because Leupolz is performing well right now...

Hendrich in the past few weeks and Pajor basically since January are also badly out of form. I wish Agrez would get more chances at CB, because she is young and I feel has a lot of potential. They now lost against all teams ranked 2-4 in the league this year. Some things have to change in the summer, if they dont want to be left behind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I always thought calls of Oberdorf being a generational talent are premature. She hasn't stood out or been impressive in any ways everytime I watch WOB play.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:16
Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 12:44
agreed.
Da. Daly surely gets a mention. If someone said she would have one hand on the golden boot you would have laughed.

I would love to know the transfer fee villa sent Houston for her. Must have been more than a few quid but money well spent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:19
Oberdorf seems to have forgotten how to win defensive duels without fouls. 30% won today. The last weeks it was regularly way below 50%. Her timing is horrible and when a player runs at her at speed, I feel like she loses the duels every time. Her passing is also very sloppy. Wolfsburg has no alternatives, but I wonder how much credit she has with MVT, because Leupolz is performing well right now...

Hendrich in the past few weeks and Pajor basically since January are also badly out of form. I wish Agrez would get more chances at CB, because she is young and I feel has a lot of potential. They now lost against all teams ranked 2-4 in the league this year. Some things have to change in the summer, if they dont want to be left behind.
no way she bench Oberdorf in wc ever since that injury im worry TBH but Hendrich i be worry too , maybe she having personal issues idk but her perfomance recently been :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Prince Willy defo wants Chelsea to win. He was more engaged with Hayes than Skinner when shaking hands.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone know how to watch in the US?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Women's football should want Chelsea to win. They play better. Which means Chelsea will bottle it, United scraps up a win and will never shutup about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sam is good. Someone here said earlier she is not a clinical striker and misses easy sitters while scoring
more difficult creative goals but it's better to have someone who will get the job done quickly in a cup final is all.
Well, your preffered striker has not been getting anything done all season. That’s not a criticism of her being injured that’s just the reality. So stop acting like Sam is some sort of replacement to Pernille.

Sam is the best player this club has ever signed. And it was not tailored to suit her style any more than it was for Harder. They both had to adapt to a new league.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hopefully that wakes Chelsea up :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:27
https://reddit1.sportshub.stream/event/ ... 133467118/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We cannot let Man Utd win this so fucking get it together Chelsea - signed an Arsenal supporter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:30
Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, your preffered striker has not been getting anything done all season. That’s not a criticism of her being injured that’s just the reality. So stop acting like Sam is some sort of replacement to Pernille.

Sam is the best player this club has ever signed. And it was not tailored to suit her style any more than it was for Harder. They both had to adapt to a new league.
Agree to disagree 👍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:25
Prince Willy defo wants Chelsea to win. He was more engaged with Hayes than Skinner when shaking hands.
I don't think he cares either way. He's a villa fan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:32
Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:27
https://reddit1.sportshub.stream/event/ ... 133467118/
It’s on ESPN+

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:34
We cannot let Man Utd win this so fucking get it together Chelsea - signed an Arsenal supporter.

But yeah Galton is dangerous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:22
I always thought calls of Oberdorf being a generational talent are premature. She hasn't stood out or been impressive in any ways everytime I watch WOB play.
I sort of agree. She is physically imposing, but doesn't really know how to use her body. She is very rash in duels, which either leads to fouls or players simply running past her. Her positioning when her own team has the ball is also bad. Sometimes she plays so passive and moves so little, it seems like Wolfsburg plays with 10. Like I said her passing is also not great, with her choosing risky passes which lead to loss of possession way too often. This contributes to Wolfsburg games usually looking chaotic. Her vision is good, but sometimes choosing the easy pass, instead of the homerun pass would be better.

All these weaknesses are amplified this year though. Last year she played much better. She is certainly a big talent, especially at the complex CDM position, but has a lot to learn. Good thing is she is young.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:39
Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 13:34
:rofl: Scared Man utd win because it highlights what utter failures you lot are. Participation FC, just as long as everyone had fun.
Righto... <_<

Anyway no, I just really hate Man Utd fans and they will be insufferable if they win. Most people can agree with that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ona battle is so good, such a big game player damn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"🏅CAROLINE WEIR (and no penalties taken) breaks Alexia Putellas' record for most league goals scored in a single season by a midfielder"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Get back to me when she breaks the superior Caroline's records.