Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XIX: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 16:36
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 16:29
https://www.tumblr.com/redwineconversat ... o-wanted-a

Macario wanted 1 million from Lyon
Is there any women’s player that even makes half that? Seems like a ludicrous request given her injury and what others make.
Sam Kerr makes maybe half that or a little more from club. Viv Miedema makes a lot too according to herself, but maybe a bit less right now after a year out. 1 million per year is a salary that Chelsea simply couldn’t pay without significantly increasing their ”budget from the men’s team”. It’s too much for any club.

Macario is unproven, I don’t know how she expects twice the pay of the currently best paid players. And an impossible salary for clubs. Rather, she should sign a shorter contract an then renegotiate in a few years when she has proved her usefulness and the entire pay landscape might have changed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 02:50
Thompson barely more fit than KO and Pinoe. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 06:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Is there any women’s player that even makes half that? Seems like a ludicrous request given her injury and what others make.
Sam Kerr makes maybe half that or a little more from club. Viv Miedema makes a lot too according to herself, but maybe a bit less right now after a year out. 1 million per year is a salary that Chelsea simply couldn’t pay without significantly increasing their ”budget from the men’s team”. It’s too much for any club.

Macario is unproven, I don’t know how she expects twice the pay of the currently best paid players. And an impossible salary for clubs. Rather, she should sign a shorter contract an then renegotiate in a few years when she has proved her usefulness and the entire pay landscape might have changed.
Why are we all believing a tumblr source? If Macario was demanding a $1m salary, which would be a new record in the women’s game, wouldn’t there be credible journalists reporting it? Also, 24 g+a in 27 league matches and 11 g+a in 15 UWCL matches isn’t exactly unproven. She’s not deserving of a record breaking contract (again, talking seriously about a report from tumblr source is absurd) but she’s held in high regard by people who know a lot more about woso than fans do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 13:07
I wonder how played like Sanchez and Rodman like playing for him. The Dutch hated him because he talked too much and wasn’t direct enough. I could see those 2 having a similar reaction.

Plus my personal opinion is he just isn’t a good coach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 03:35
I'm trying to remember how annoying I was when my favorite players were younger. Tho I think it's a little different because they'd won stuff when I may have been obnoxious about them lol.
nah These ott stans for some of these newbies are def more obnoxious. Their knee jerk reactions to anything negative said and writing long ass paragraphs defending them lmao. All this shit before they actually do anything. Doesn't help journos hype them up so the sheep will follow. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 13:45
Guest wrote:
I wonder how played like Sanchez and Rodman like playing for him. The Dutch hated him because he talked too much and wasn’t direct enough. I could see those 2 having a similar reaction.

Let's get real, Rodman and Sanchez aren't going to like any coach that doesn't kiss their ass. They both seem very immature so I wouldn't really value their input on a coach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Meg giving Parsons good press like she hasn't learned anything from that Kris Ward interview.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 14:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Let's get real, Rodman and Sanchez aren't going to like any coach that doesn't kiss their ass. They both seem very immature so I wouldn't really value their input on a coach.
Whst exactly are you basing their percieved immaturity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 14:55
Guest wrote:
Meg giving Parsons good press like she hasn't learned anything from that Kris Ward interview.
Is there something specific wrong with Parsons or do we just suspect because he worked for some shady-ass clubs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 16:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is there something specific wrong with Parsons or do we just suspect because he worked for some shady-ass clubs
DA You can dislike Sonnett and that's fine but it is suspicious that Parsons immediately traded her again after he was hired by the Spirit despite her publically saying she'd be okay with working with him again. Also, it's very hard to believe that Merritt Paulson's trusted guy didn't know about the shit that was happening in that organization even after the Paul Riley firing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:00

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 16:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA You can dislike Sonnett and that's fine but it is suspicious that Parsons immediately traded her again after he was hired by the Spirit despite her publically saying she'd be okay with working with him again. Also, it's very hard to believe that Merritt Paulson's trusted guy didn't know about the shit that was happening in that organization even after the Paul Riley firing.
I hadn't noticed that about Sonnett but def agree MP's people are hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 15:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Go watch literally any clip of them. I think they have some miced up clips while training. Rodman is like 19. Lots of 19 year olds are immature. But yeah, her and Sanchez come across as very childlike together. Burke even said they Sanchez would get mad at him and stop speaking to him for periods of time while training. He said it in good humor but I can’t imagine many other players doing that. It’s childish.

So I don’t particularly wonder how Sanchez and Rodman feel about Parsons more than any other player.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I hadn't noticed that about Sonnett but def agree MP's people are hard to give the benefit of the doubt.
But the original assertion is that he’s a bad coach. You don’t have to be a good person or even likeable to be z good coach. From my experience in athletics and just in the world, I think most men in sports, or even with a modicum of power, aren’t very likeable.

What exactly is Meg supposed to do? Unless public allegations come out, it’s ridiculous to criticize people for giving coaches “good press.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Go watch literally any clip of them. I think they have some miced up clips while training. Rodman is like 19. Lots of 19 year olds are immature. But yeah, her and Sanchez come across as very childlike together. Burke even said they Sanchez would get mad at him and stop speaking to him for periods of time while training. He said it in good humor but I can’t imagine many other players doing that. It’s childish.

So I don’t particularly wonder how Sanchez and Rodman feel about Parsons more than any other player.
Imagine putting any stock on anything Richie Burke has said. That man used to be physically inaproppriate with Sanchez, it's all in the report and altough they don't mention her name it's very easy to deduce who it was based on the circumstances.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

But the original assertion is that he’s a bad coach. You don’t have to be a good person or even likeable to be z good coach. From my experience in athletics and just in the world, I think most men in sports, or even with a modicum of power, aren’t very likeable.

What exactly is Meg supposed to do? Unless public allegations come out, it’s ridiculous to criticize people for giving coaches “good press.”
OP never claimed he was a bad coach. He is, and tremendously lucky to have coached a few generational players during his tenures, but that's not the discussion that was being held. Any competent journalist would have gone further into why Parsons traded Sonnett the second time. Other players who were out of Portland in 2019/2020 discussed feeling completely alienated in the club and even losing the want to play soccer. Most of those players don't even mention playing there anymore, and that's how you know it was bad, including one of Meg's sweethearts, Purce.

Just saying he's not a completely clean coach either. Let the Spirit local media cover the guy, but Meg covers the league nationally and she knows how much more legitimacy is given when The Athletic publishes a story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Soo based on a few one minute mic’d up clips and a single anecdote from a coach that was fired and banned from the league for being abusive. Got it.

Yall do not know these people 🙄

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da are you really using comments from Richie Burke of all people to prove your point? I wouldn’t want to talk to him either, he’s annoying at the best of times and literally abusive at the worst.

I’ve seen clips of them from training. It seems like they’re just…having fun? There’s nothing wrong with joking around at training (obviously).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well. KC Current oversold season ticket deposits so now I have to wait and see if I get waitlisted. I think I will cry if I don't have tickets for next year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 13:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why are we all believing a tumblr source? If Macario was demanding a $1m salary, which would be a new record in the women’s game, wouldn’t there be credible journalists reporting it? Also, 24 g+a in 27 league matches and 11 g+a in 15 UWCL matches isn’t exactly unproven. She’s not deserving of a record breaking contract (again, talking seriously about a report from tumblr source is absurd) but she’s held in high regard by people who know a lot more about woso than fans do.
You can’t just walk onto a new team and demand twice the salary of its best paid player and biggest star. At least not if you wanna make any friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:05
Well. KC Current oversold season ticket deposits so now I have to wait and see if I get waitlisted. I think I will cry if I don't have tickets for next year.
I feel like that small stadium was a bad idea. Especially with the way numbers are trending and a looming World Cup year with the hype that brings? Why do you want to limit your capacity to 12k or whatever it is

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:30
Guest wrote:
I feel like that small stadium was a bad idea. Especially with the way numbers are trending and a looming World Cup year with the hype that brings? Why do you want to limit your capacity to 12k or whatever it is
Yeah their attendance record is literally 13k and the new stadium is 11.5k they should have redesigned for more seats. Oh well. Sure hope my deposit was early enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah their attendance record is literally 13k and the new stadium is 11.5k they should have redesigned for more seats. Oh well. Sure hope my deposit was early enough.
I’m pretty sure I read that it can be expanded up to 20k. But it seems like a strange decision to play it so conservatively initially when the sport is growing so fast.

At least with every game basically being a sellout the atmosphere will be incredible every time. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:21
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 13:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You can’t just walk onto a new team and demand twice the salary of its best paid player and biggest star. At least not if you wanna make any friends.
I again feel the need to state that putting any stock in a tumblr source is silly. Use some critical thinking skills here. The notion that Macario is demanding a salary twice that of Kerr’s is laughable.

Having said that, she wouldn’t be walking into a team demanding that salary. She’s out of contract and is presumably negotiating with a few teams. If Chelsea wants to pay her more than Kerr, good for Macario. It would be remarkably immature of Kerr or any other Chelsea players to hold a player’s salary against them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Soo based on a few one minute mic’d up clips and a single anecdote from a coach that was fired and banned from the league for being abusive. Got it.

Yall do not know these people 🙄
LMAO by your logic I suppose we aren't allowed to say anything good about players either as we don't know them? Sorry if you're not capable of critical thought, but I'm allowed to observe how people act and judge them anyway I want. I called them immature. Get over it. Meanwhile people in this forum are casually flinging accusations of racism and all kinds of stuff about players.

And why does it matter that the anecdote came from Burke? He obviously wasn't lying about it.

Sanchez and Rodman seem annoying as fuck. You don't get to dictate my opinion. As I said, get over it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 20:27
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I’m pretty sure I read that it can be expanded up to 20k. But it seems like a strange decision to play it so conservatively initially when the sport is growing so fast.

At least with every game basically being a sellout the atmosphere will be incredible every time. DA
Yeah if I do get in I'm gonna have the time of my life each match. Even in the current stadium watching everyone cheer on the women is truly incredible

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

OP never claimed he was a bad coach. He is, and tremendously lucky to have coached a few generational players during his tenures, but that's not the discussion that was being held. Any competent journalist would have gone further into why Parsons traded Sonnett the second time. Other players who were out of Portland in 2019/2020 discussed feeling completely alienated in the club and even losing the want to play soccer. Most of those players don't even mention playing there anymore, and that's how you know it was bad, including one of Meg's sweethearts, Purce.

Just saying he's not a completely clean coach either. Let the Spirit local media cover the guy, but Meg covers the league nationally and she knows how much more legitimacy is given when The Athletic publishes a story.
Sooo all journalists are supposed to blacklist Parsons because of your Sonnett fan fiction LOL?

"Any competent journalist would have gone further into why Parsons traded Sonnett the second time"

I don't even have words for this. Like WHAT LOL. "Any competent journalist..." :rofl: I get it that Sonnett is your homegirl or something, but no, it's really not typical for people to start investigating when a player gets traded.

"Most players don't talk about playing there anymore, therefore that automatically means everyone should agree with my assumption that it's entirely Parsons' fault and journalists aren't allowed to ever interview anyone involved with the Thorns organization ever again."

This is what happens to your brain when you stan a player and take everything that happens to them personally.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 21:40
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 17:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sooo all journalists are supposed to blacklist Parsons because of your Sonnett fan fiction LOL?

"Any competent journalist would have gone further into why Parsons traded Sonnett the second time"

I don't even have words for this. Like WHAT LOL. "Any competent journalist..." :rofl: I get it that Sonnett is your homegirl or something, but no, it's really not typical for people to start investigating when a player gets traded.

"Most players don't talk about playing there anymore, therefore that automatically means everyone should agree with my assumption that it's entirely Parsons' fault and journalists aren't allowed to ever interview anyone involved with the Thorns organization ever again."

This is what happens to your brain when you stan a player and take everything that happens to them personally.
Thank goodness you wrote that so I don't have to. Like sometimes a player isn't the coaches cup of tea. I doesn't mean something nefarious was going on. It has happened to better players before in this sport snd beyond.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shows how desperate Canada is that they are calling up prince who is 6 months off an Achilles tear . Even fully healthy she doesn’t score very often. Scott also hasn’t returned yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:15
Shows how desperate Canada is that they are calling up prince who is 6 months off an Achilles tear . Even fully healthy she doesn’t score very often. Scott also hasn’t returned yet.
Yeah that is wild. Achilles take forever to heal. Tori Huster tore hers during the 2021 playoffs and still hasn’t returned to full training.

Canada is in a brutal group too. A little bit of bad luck and they could legit not advance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'm not sure Deanne Rose is fully 100% from her Achilles tear also...Canada's chances to win the WC is very slim.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://youtu.be/fDCVzNIk318

2x World Cup Champion Ashlyn Harris: Favorite Moments from Championship Runs & Future for Gotham FC
Ashlyn Harris, 2x World Champion with the USWNT, and Global Creative Advisor for Gotham FC, joins Madelyn Burke on this episode of “Her Playbook” podcast. Harris discusses her favorite moments from the world championship runs, the fight for equal pay as female athletes, and what the future looks like for Gotham FC. Presented by Nike.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Y'all might be right about Athens and Lavelle... time will tell

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 22:25
Guest wrote:
I'm not sure Deanne Rose is fully 100% from her Achilles tear also...Canada's chances to win the WC is very slim.
That’s a lot of Achilles injuries. It just seems crazy to being back prince and risk her health like that for no reason? They don’t have another forward who isn’t that good ? This is not Sam Kerr or something, surely a college kid would do in a pinch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:11
Pls catch me up lol last time I stopped by the thread was speculating on Rose with a whole other teammate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:29
They’re so cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I just noticed that Olivia almost always has her arm around Rose in pictures.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Day 7595747 of Angel City trying to push Syd’s return.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:49
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:29
They’re so cute
Hands down one of my favorite couples in the league.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:48
Guest wrote:
Pls catch me up lol last time I stopped by the thread was speculating on Rose with a whole other teammate
Well Athens is confirmed not hetero and seemingly not attached to anyone else so that automatically gives 100% more credence to this speculation than anything else that’s happened with Rose lol. But basically they have been constantly together in any group pic posted by the Reign or teammates since like last fall. Athens was one of the OLR players with Rose at the Player’s Ball. And these latest pics from what I think was Fishlock and King’s engagement party their body language is very couple-y.

Mostly just gay intuition at this point but it does raise even my skeptical eyebrow a bit. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 23:48
Guest wrote:
They seem to hang out a lot. And they've been looking real cozy in pics. Rose always under Athens' arm lol. That's it. Nothing concrete. Da