US Women's Soccer - Part XIX: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XIX: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

With the reaction to Leroux last night, I genuinely wonder if Angel City fans have ever watched the NWSL before. I was the one saying she would score last night, but mostly because it seemed written in the stars. She’s really not good though. At least not consistently. So I don’t know what they are expecting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:18
With the reaction to Leroux last night, I genuinely wonder if Angel City fans have ever watched the NWSL before. I was the one saying she would score last night, but mostly because it seemed written in the stars. She’s really not good though. At least not consistently. So I don’t know what they are expecting.
I mean, a lot of fans are easy to sway with a dramatic tweet or excitable article and they’ll roll with it. And everyone involved is all over this Syd goal (plus strangers love her kids).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:30
Guest wrote:
I mean, a lot of fans are easy to sway with a dramatic tweet or excitable article and they’ll roll with it. And everyone involved is all over this Syd goal (plus strangers love her kids).
Add on the dramatic reaction from Syd acting like she lost a leg and it gets everyone going. It makes it easy to root for her. As opposed to someone coming back like it’s normal to come back from an injury. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Add on the dramatic reaction from Syd acting like she lost a leg and it gets everyone going. It makes it easy to root for her. As opposed to someone coming back like it’s normal to come back from an injury. Da
Yes I think it was a bit exaggerated lol, if soccer no longer worksout for her, she has a chance in Hollywood.
But a bit gutted for Ava Cook who had a great game and fell into oblivion. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:11
She follows Yael on ig which is probably the biggest indicator. No idea if she’s any good though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:40
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yes I think it was a bit exaggerated lol, if soccer no longer worksout for her, she has a chance in Hollywood.
But a bit gutted for Ava Cook who had a great game and fell into oblivion. Da
Da That’s the annoying thing, people exaggerate players all the time, but Cook hasn’t had that and she a good game and no one cares because Syd is back and scored. Like, ACFC sucked most of the game AND didn’t win. Silliness lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:42
Guest wrote:
She follows Yael on ig which is probably the biggest indicator. No idea if she’s any good though
Plays for Atlético Madrid that finished 4th in the league this year. Has played for the Spanish national team but does not seem to be a starter/regular for them. Atlético used to be Barca’s main competitor and they’ve played in the Champions League before. Seems they might have lost a bit of ground since Real Madrid was established.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:42
Guest wrote:
Yeah she also follows Ali, Ash and KO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is a pretty big deal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 20:00
Did he get paid to do this? There is nothing surprising or controversial whatsoever. It’s basically the roster from last camp.

He starts by explaining to everyone that Sam Mewis would have been a lock in if not for the small problem of her being injured for two years. Then selects Franch, who has looked completely out of form and when it should be the easiest choice Vlatko has to make to leave her off and bring an in form goalkeeper as third choice. And then goes ahead and insults Kristie, just for fun I guess?

By saying she only makes the roster because 10 players are injured. Surely she ranks ahead of Sanchez. She has 50 caps and is consistent, will play anywhere she is asked and stays ready and in form despite knowing that she might not see a single minute of play. Does everything she can to make herself avaliable to play. While other players, like Ertz, calmly waits until two months before the world cup to even start playing football again after a two year break. And even then casually skips games to go watch baseball. And is apparently still a given.

Despite what players say or don’t say, these types of different standards for players does not make for a good team culture. And Vlatko might very well need Kristie when Lindsay’s knee doesn’t hold for 7 games, Rose is injured and Ertz is not back to her best. Vlatko knows what he’s got with her on the bench, and she’s reliable, and that’s worth a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 20:44
Guest wrote:
Did he get paid to do this? There is nothing surprising or controversial whatsoever. It’s basically the roster from last camp.

He starts by explaining to everyone that Sam Mewis would have been a lock in if not for the small problem of her being injured for two years. Then selects Franch, who has looked completely out of form and when it should be the easiest choice Vlatko has to make to leave her off and bring an in form goalkeeper as third choice. And then goes ahead and insults Kristie, just for fun I guess?

By saying she only makes the roster because 10 players are injured. Surely she ranks ahead of Sanchez. She has 50 caps and is consistent, will play anywhere she is asked and stays ready and in form despite knowing that she might not see a single minute of play. Does everything she can to make herself avaliable to play. While other players, like Ertz, calmly waits until two months before the world cup to even start playing football again after a two year break. And even then casually skips games to go watch baseball. And is apparently still a given.

Despite what players say or don’t say, these types of different standards for players does not make for a good team culture. And Vlatko might very well need Kristie when Lindsay’s knee doesn’t hold for 7 games, Rose is injured and Ertz is not back to her best. Vlatko knows what he’s got with her on the bench, and she’s reliable, and that’s worth a lot.
This writer knows not much. 23 player roster and they state Vlatko might take 5 midfielders. Not happening on a 23 player roster especially with Rose and Horan's injuries and Ertz still not back to full form. Kristie has 51 caps and imo is more than going but the whole article just lacks any real substance of understanding of this uswnt roster construction.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 20:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This writer knows not much. 23 player roster and they state Vlatko might take 5 midfielders. Not happening on a 23 player roster especially with Rose and Horan's injuries and Ertz still not back to full form. Kristie has 51 caps and imo is more than going but the whole article just lacks any real substance of understanding of this uswnt roster construction.
Isn’t it Salazar Slytherin the same one that commentates Uswnt games?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 17:01
Glad the fight is starting to turn against men in women’s sports. A UPenn swimmer finally just came out and talked about how uncomfortable the team was with having a 6’4 man with a d--- walking around in their locker room. And when they expressed concerns to school administration, they told them to get psychological counseling and that bigotry wouldn’t be accepted! Lol!
If you are talking about the Paula Scanlon interview? It was perfect. She sounded completely rational and even offered a solution that was a mic drop and made fascist Matt Walsh uncomfortable at the end. Aka that the men’s category should be an open category .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 22:15
Guest wrote:
Glad the fight is starting to turn against men in women’s sports. A UPenn swimmer finally just came out and talked about how uncomfortable the team was with having a 6’4 man with a d--- walking around in their locker room. And when they expressed concerns to school administration, they told them to get psychological counseling and that bigotry wouldn’t be accepted! Lol!
If you are talking about the Paula Scanlon interview? It was perfect. She sounded completely rational and even offered a solution that was a mic drop and made fascist Matt Walsh uncomfortable at the end. Aka that the men’s category should be an open category .
That’s not the first time that’s been proposed. The men’s category could be an open category, it wouldn’t make a difference for who wins in it.

Senior elite men are the only ones who don’t need a specifically allocated category of their own to have fair competition. Women need a category that excludes men. Disabled men need a category that excludes non-disabled men. Young boys need a category that excludes adult men.

But the senior men’s category doesn’t need to exist to ”protect” their category or to ensure the best elite men will be able to compete. Thus there is technically no need to exclude anyone from it. You can call it the openly category, and it’s still the best men that will win.

If this turns out to be untrue in any way, and a woman wins Olympic gold in the open category 100 m race in running or in swimming, then I will gladly withdraw my argument that there doesn’t need to be a protected men’s category.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone know how to request a moderator to clean up the International Women's Football thread?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nothing from Morgan about Syd’s comeback? Are they not friends anymore?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 23:44
Anyone know how to request a moderator to clean up the International Women's Football thread?
I asked for help on Discord, hopefully someone will respond.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 00:07
Nothing from Morgan about Syd’s comeback? Are they not friends anymore?
Were they ever actually friends? Or just teammates who got along? Still seems weird not to say a thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Leroux Era 😂😂😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That’s not the first time that’s been proposed. The men’s category could be an open category, it wouldn’t make a difference for who wins in it.

Senior elite men are the only ones who don’t need a specifically allocated category of their own to have fair competition. Women need a category that excludes men. Disabled men need a category that excludes non-disabled men. Young boys need a category that excludes adult men.

But the senior men’s category doesn’t need to exist to ”protect” their category or to ensure the best elite men will be able to compete. Thus there is technically no need to exclude anyone from it. You can call it the openly category, and it’s still the best men that will win.

If this turns out to be untrue in any way, and a woman wins Olympic gold in the open category 100 m race in running or in swimming, then I will gladly withdraw my argument that there doesn’t need to be a protected men’s category.
She proposed a women’s category for women who are born as women, and an open men’s category for everyone

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Rose dating that former UCLA player on the Reign? They seen awfully close.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 01:17
Athens? Wouldn't surprise me. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 01:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She proposed a women’s category for women who are born as women, and an open men’s category for everyone
They don't want to play with men. Even trans men don't want to play with men. I'd love to see Quinn leave for the men's or go back to Tranada but these people never will. They know men are shit and hate them and don't want to be around them. Plus they know they can't compete with the men. Trans women will cry but men are mean and make me uncomfortable so they will inevitably get tossed in with the women. Isn't it interesting how if we complain about the trannies and how uncomfortable they make us we are being hateful bigots towards them but everyone being afraid of men isn't seen that way at all?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 01:26
Guest wrote:
Thought she was with Huerta?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 01:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Girl, where you been? Huerta hard launched with sports agent Spencer Wadsworth (Wasserman).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 01:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
LOL whoever thought that was unwell mentally.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

has this happened outside the Ivy League where sports scholarships don’t exist? I swam at Georgia and there’s no way that man would have been allowed on our team. It became a problem at the national championships

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
When I first saw someone suggest that in here I thought it was the same person who randomly pulled the Rose/Huerta thing out of their ass but they really are together in every group photo someone on the Reign posts. They look very cozy in that post from today… :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rose seems like she doesn’t know what sex is

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 00:50
The Leroux Era 😂😂😂

Leroux eras are never a good thing in the nwsl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 03:35
Guest wrote:
When I first saw someone suggest that in here I thought it was the same person who randomly pulled the Rose/Huerta thing out of their ass but they really are together in every group photo someone on the Reign posts. They look very cozy in that post from today… :tinfoil:
Is Olivia gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 08:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is Olivia gay?
Yes, she was dating one of her teammates while at UCLA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 09:09
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 08:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is Olivia gay?
Yes, she was dating one of her teammates while at UCLA.
Didn't she date Jessie Fleming?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 02:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

has this happened outside the Ivy League where sports scholarships don’t exist? I swam at Georgia and there’s no way that man would have been allowed on our team. It became a problem at the national championships
Has to be a factor. Once you start playing with peoples money and ability to pay for school shit gets real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 13:24
Feels like a move to get AC to bite

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 13:28
Guest wrote:
ACFC FO would be really stupid to make the same mistakes with her like they did with her sister.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I sure hope they don't. They have far greater needs and Alyssa hasn't panned out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 13:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
ACFC FO would be really stupid to make the same mistakes with her like they did with her sister.
It all depends on the price. If they sign her before she is 18, they don’t need to trade to get her. And there is no way PSG is offering an unproven American defender what Alyssa is making. So AC would only need to match that.

At this point, it is clear AC needs defensive help. Riley has not been good this year. Who knows what Matthias will look like. MA has been fine but isn’t a definitive starter. So they move may make sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 14:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It all depends on the price. If they sign her before she is 18, they don’t need to trade to get her. And there is no way PSG is offering an unproven American defender what Alyssa is making. So AC would only need to match that.

At this point, it is clear AC needs defensive help. Riley has not been good this year. Who knows what Matthias will look like. MA has been fine but isn’t a definitive starter. So they move may make sense.
Da I don't think it's a great idea to be paying two under 19's more than everyone else on the team. This team is in shambles and needs to get better now. This would be the completely wrong move no matter what they pay her. I would immediately drop my season tickets because it would signal that the FO has not learned from their many mistakes regarding the roster and they are not serious about winning anytime soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They need a striker, midfielder and centre back more. Neilsen, Johnson and Nabet shouldn’t be starting. They should sign the little Thompson and loan her out to PSG to get some experience and use the $ to get someone better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 14:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They need a striker, midfielder and centre back more. Neilsen, Johnson and Nabet shouldn’t be starting. They should sign the little Thompson and loan her out to PSG to get some experience and use the $ to get someone better.
A sign and loan would actually be perfect. Even if it is net $0 for them, it would allow AC to essentially stash her rights so they don’t need to trade for her in the future.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It just makes me sad that the only people who are willing to host these conversations that shouldn’t be political are far right Christo-fascists so anything these women say will be discounted for that reason

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 14:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Johnson isn’t an actual starter. She only started because Jun got hurt. Once Syd (or Jun) is fit, she will be a sub. And that is without regard to Press returning later this season.

Nabet isn’t a starter either. She started 1 game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 01:51
Seeing pics from the yankees game last night was wild. :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol I’m from LA and am used to daily smog but currently live in ny and it didn’t even occur to me that there were wildfires .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The craziest thing he said is that midge is ahead of Lynn 😂 I’m not a Lynn as winger in a 4-3-3 fan but there’s no way Thompson and midge are ahead of her rn