US Women's Soccer - Part XIX: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XIX: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Press pulled Uhrman aside after the game like a mob boss and told her to fix this damn thing before she gets back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have to feel for the Chicago player that got the brace for the win and is getting no attention. She had only scored like 2 goals before today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:49
Press pulled Uhrman aside after the game like a mob boss and told her to fix this damn thing before she gets back.
Uhrman better be bringing in more signings and
Making trades when the window opens!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:54
Guest wrote:
At some point you have to stop bringing in signings though and let the team gel. This season is basically a wash anyway. Use the rest of this season to get your starter’s consistent time together and try again next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:51
Have to feel for the Chicago player that got the brace for the win and is getting no attention. She had only scored like 2 goals before today.
I'd never heard of her until tonight considering I don't really keep up with the red stars but yeah, those were fantastic goals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 05:13
Guest wrote:
I'd never heard of her until tonight considering I don't really keep up with the red stars but yeah, those were fantastic goals.
DA x2. She’s cute too :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 05:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA x2. She’s cute too :spy:

She definitely had a feistiness about her that caught my attention.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This is only her 2nd year. She stood out to me while I was watching their last game against Orlando. I thought she synced well with their other forward- Stevens.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Only in the NWSL lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 05:44
Only in the NWSL lmao

Riveting lol. These are the same “journos” that went on twitter to shame someone who asked a “stupid” question a few years back. I think it was Meg specifically, which is also odd considering she used to bring up Taylor Swift when talking to Alex any chance she got.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:24
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:23
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:20
How can you lose against a team who was sitting at the bottom of the fucking table?! I'm pissed at Freya for the lineup she decided to start with. :facepalm:
To play devil's advocate here..she most likely thought it'd be an easy win considering how chicago has been playing
Da That was dumb of her considering how her team has been playing.
X2 and never underestimate your opponents. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven't seen the game, but seeing the team this year I know they need many many changes:

1- A new and quality coach.
2. A good goalkeeper.
3. Kick half the team, they are useless.
4. Give Alyssa a heads up that this is not school, she must be fit for 90 minutes and practice extra time if necessary..
5. If Ertz doesn't take it seriously, to the bench.

Don't the useless owners realize that if the team doesn't win, the fans lose interest and they will stop going to the stadium and buying their merchandise? Without football, there is no team.

And finally, if I were CP I wouldn't rush back, it's very risky to play again with a team that is going to give her all the responsibility.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How long till we get the ‘Syd must be on the plane’ posts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is everyone celebrating like they won? I mean good for Syd but y'all just lost to the last place team and now in 11th place in the standings... Individual performances won't do shit for you in the long run....just asks Pride.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 07:21
Why is everyone celebrating like they won? I mean good for Syd but y'all just lost to the last place team and now in 11th place in the standings... Individual performances won't do shit for you in the long run....just asks Pride.
Yeah it’s a bit baffling tbh. Even the journos that were so sorry about CRS’ losing streak a few games ago are only talking about Syd’s comeback. I mean it’s the tree who hides the forest, AC only has 2 wins this season, they better adress the issue quickly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Freya has got to go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
At some point you have to stop bringing in signings though and let the team gel. This season is basically a wash anyway. Use the rest of this season to get your starter’s consistent time together and try again next season.
DA. That would be the case if the roster outside of a few great players was decent but it’s not. They need to trade players, or outright cut them in Ferrer 2.0 aka Camberos’ case.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I already know they're going to have a tough time against Washington. They'll be super lucky if it's a draw.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:06
Ertz doesn’t deserve to be on the WC roster, I said what I said, ACFC isn’t even better with her and the bar was low.
Ertz has made ACFC midfield look better, it’s their useless forwards and ass defending that’s costing them games.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Press’ salary re-negotiation price just keeps going up every game those flops play. what’s the win percentage without her now? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What does Camberos even do? She’s the worst signing of this season and ACFC look like clowns because we all know that she wouldn’t have been signed by any other team in the league.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 07:51
I already know they're going to have a tough time against Washington. They'll be super lucky if it's a draw.
I'm remaining optimistic. The spirit only won the last time they played because of that controversial PK.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 08:08
What does Camberos even do? She’s the worst signing of this season and ACFC look like clowns because we all know that she wouldn’t have been signed by any other team in the league.
She officially a 007 :rofl: if this was broso she’d be getting cooked on the daily for such shit performances, but since this is woso people treat shit players with kid gloves and blame everything on the coach :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm remaining optimistic. The spirit only won the last time they played because of that controversial PK.
X2 and they beat Washington both games last season. ACFC are wildly inconsistent and usually play better against good teams and worse against bad teams. It’s anyone’s guess what will happen. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 08:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X2 and they beat Washington both games last season. ACFC are wildly inconsistent and usually play better against good teams and worse against bad teams. It’s anyone’s guess what will happen. Da
Well this season you only won against 2 bottom of the table teams Orlando and KC :rofl: DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 08:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well this season you only won against 2 bottom of the table teams Orlando and KC :rofl: DA
Rent free lmfao. I’m not even an ACFC fan, I was stating the facts about ACFCs results against Washington. Google them if you’re that bothered. Some of y’all losers make it so obvious you don’t watch the league :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 07:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. That would be the case if the roster outside of a few great players was decent but it’s not. They need to trade players, or outright cut them in Ferrer 2.0 aka Camberos’ case.
DA This is it. Eni and co. completely started the team off on the wrong foot, then you add on the injuries and it’s just gone down hill ever since. I had mildly hopes when they dropped her and Kim… but that was quickly dashed lol. Hot mess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 08:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA This is it. Eni and co. completely started the team off on the wrong foot, then you add on the injuries and it’s just gone down hill ever since. I had mildly hopes when they dropped her and Kim… but that was quickly dashed lol. Hot mess.
Nope with everyone back you have enough good players to be good. No team has world class players at every position. They just need time to start gelling.

Thompson, Syd, Press, Henry, Ertz, McCaskill, Gorden, Nielsen, etc. they need time to gel, if you’re constantly bringing in new players you’re constantly going to have an adjustment period. They need lineup consistency which will start once injured players are all back and Al lathe new signings are integrated. That’s part of the reason they didn’t better last year than this year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 07:21
Because Syd scored a lousey tap in goal against a turned off Chicago backline. People literally only root for her because of her kids anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 07:46
Freya has got to go.
Freya’s roster selections don’t make sense sometimes and she certainly isn’t the best, but she is not the reason they’re where they are. She needs a chance with the team she wants, but she’ll definitely get canned before then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nope with everyone back you have enough good players to be good. No team has world class players at every position. They just need time to start gelling.

Thompson, Syd, Press, Henry, Ertz, McCaskill, Gorden, Nielsen, etc. they need time to gel, if you’re constantly bringing in new players you’re constantly going to have an adjustment period. They need lineup consistency which will start once injured players are all back and Al lathe new signings are integrated. That’s part of the reason they didn’t better last year than this year.
They did*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 08:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rent free lmfao. I’m not even an ACFC fan, I was stating the facts about ACFCs results against Washington. Google them if you’re that bothered. Some of y’all losers make it so obvious you don’t watch the league :spy:
Rent free for what? We are discussing AC, and they only had 2 wins this season against bottom of the table teams, where is the lie?
And sure lol you are not an ACFC fan 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:23
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 08:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Rent free for what? We are discussing AC, and they only had 2 wins this season against bottom of the table teams, where is the lie?
And sure lol you are not an ACFC fan 😂
And Angel City stan whose head is in the sand because Leroux scored so we are all supposed to think they are amazing all of a sudden. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Eni helped build a mostly trash team and had a "no trade" clause...my point still stands. I have thoughts on the players you mentioned, but I'm waiting to see when everyone is fully back and fully healthy and we see where they're at and I haven't watched Henry in years, but I'll just assume she's definitely better than a lot of who they have although she's older and injury prone so we'll see there too (3+ was too much regardless imo).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Eni helped build a mostly trash team and had a "no trade" clause...my point still stands. I have thoughts on the players you mentioned, but I'm waiting to see when everyone is fully back and fully healthy and we see where they're at and I haven't watched Henry in years, but I'll just assume she's definitely better than a lot of who they have although she's older and injury prone so we'll see there too (3+ was too much regardless imo).
It’s not like reinstating trades helped much at all. You’re in 11th place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 02:00
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 01:42
Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 23:18
It’s far too late to start experimenting and bring in three players who have not been capped and not in camp with the NT - at the expense of players that have. Where were all these players for the past two years? Why hasn’t Vlatko brought them in if they’re good enough to be considered? Only players that should be in doubt for the roster are the ones in questionable form. Franch, Davison, Rapinoe, Ertz.
Rapinoe could be in a full body cast and still be on the roster.
Maybe it’s time to make up with that kind of selection strategy for a team that claims to be the most competitive roster in the world to get on? It might have worked in the past, doesn’t mean it will work in the future, or present, when other teams have gotten better. It doesn’t need to be set in stone. Teams can’t afford to bring out of form players that can’t contribute, it’s a waste of a spot. If her main role is to support the team and provide experience, she can be brought as a staff member, not as part of the roster.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:45
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 02:00
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 01:42
Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 23:18
It’s far too late to start experimenting and bring in three players who have not been capped and not in camp with the NT - at the expense of players that have. Where were all these players for the past two years? Why hasn’t Vlatko brought them in if they’re good enough to be considered? Only players that should be in doubt for the roster are the ones in questionable form. Franch, Davison, Rapinoe, Ertz.
Rapinoe could be in a full body cast and still be on the roster.
Maybe it’s time to make up with that kind of selection strategy for a team that claims to be the most competitive roster in the world to get on? It might have worked in the past, doesn’t mean it will work in the future, or present, when other teams have gotten better. It doesn’t need to be set in stone. Teams can’t afford to bring out of form players that can’t contribute, it’s a waste of a spot. If her main role is to support the team and provide experience, she can be brought as a staff member, not as part of the roster.
Who would you bring instead of her though? We are literally out of options. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

...I'm not disagreeing, you want an applause lol. They started trash and they're still trash except they don't currently have Christen pulling things out of thin air for them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

...I'm not disagreeing, you want an applause lol. They started trash and they're still trash except they don't currently have Christen pulling things out of thin air for them.
I mean you’re still only blaming Eni when Hucles has not been good either. People are afraid to criticize her for some reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 10:04
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 09:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean you’re still only blaming Eni when Hucles has not been good either. People are afraid to criticize her for some reason.
My very first response included “….had mildly high hopes when they dropped her and Kim… but that was quickly dashed lol.” I thought it was implied that Hucles was part of the reason the high hopes were gone. “Journos” and some stans don’t want to criticize her because she got Thompson, but naaah she’s awful too. The issue stems from the ownership perhaps. Idk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:43
Thomson still takes way too many touches on the ball when looking for her shot.
Yes I noticed that also and maybe it's just a confidence thing, or the lack of experience on the pitch at a pro level when she must get more comfortable to do less touches before taking her shots. I have to say though it looked to me in the last match she did try a few times to get her shot off quicker with less touches and I saw last night she did it a few times also. I would think the coaches would be helping her recognize that and telling her to work on it so she can create more shots for herself. Alyssa did speed past defenders and made a very good pass that ended up being the ball that Syd got for the AC goal, now that was a nice assist and hopefully she can do more of that for AC too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 11:35
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 04:43
Thomson still takes way too many touches on the ball when looking for her shot.
Yes I noticed that also and maybe it's just a confidence thing, or the lack of experience on the pitch at a pro level when she must get more comfortable to do less touches before taking her shots. I have to say though it looked to me in the last match she did try a few times to get her shot off quicker with less touches and I saw last night she did it a few times also. I would think the coaches would be helping her recognize that and telling her to work on it so she can create more shots for herself. Alyssa did speed past defenders and made a very good pass that ended up being the ball that Syd got for the AC goal, now that was a nice assist and hopefully she can do more of that for AC too.
Da. It was a good hustle. These are the type of plays you want to consistently see from the front line of ACFC. Tbd how their offense will look like as Syd plays more and more minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you all think that even if the offense/team is no longer built around Press, she’ll still play for them? Like if she’s no longer the primary goal scorer but switches to a secondary role, kind of like with Sinclair in Portland? Portland’s offense is mostly catered to Smith nowadays.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 11:44
Do you all think that even if the offense/team is no longer built around Press, she’ll still play for them? Like if she’s no longer the primary goal scorer but switches to a secondary role, kind of like with Sinclair in Portland? Portland’s offense is mostly catered to Smith nowadays.
Yes lmao. But she won’t switch to a secondary role until they get forwards that are better than her lmao.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She’s ending her career in LA. Also, idk how shes going to be when shes back, but I’d bet money she still wouldn’t be anywhere near as useless as Sinclair has been for years. She’s damn near lost them games simply being on the field. Pinoe is getting there… Christen is not Sinclair and Thompson is not Smith. Yet at least.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
For one they didn’t build the team around her. Last year they just gave her so many useless pieces that she became their entire offense. When she returns it will be a more balanced attack with her and Thompson with the team built around neither. How it should be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da if we don't upgrade from McCaskill and Didi we aren't winning anything. Hucles best have some ideas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol at these you know who fans that keep manifesting Christen leaving LA. She will be the Pinoe of Seattle. She will stay as long as she wants and keep signing 1 year deals until she decides she’s done playing.

Germanguest
Reactions: 2

Post by Germanguest »

The discussion makes no sense. Angel City is really really bad at the moment. online all are talking about Syd's goal and not about the game which was terrible. Will AC be last place next week? What do they need and How could they still make the play offs? > Should be talked about. Not if CP will be the star next season- ridiculous. And yes , she will still most certainly be a fan favorite