Post by Guest »

:handbags:

Reactions:

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:10
I am definitely in. When does it start and where can we watch it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:20
Guest wrote:
Starts in 2023

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
July 20, 2023 on Fox.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This thread deserved a better OP. Like, at least include the start date of the tournament. 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:28
This thread deserved a better OP. Like, at least include the start date of the tournament. 008
:rofl: :ragee:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

USA!!!!! :handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:31
USA!!!!! :handbags:
Is my gf Alex Morgan still on the team?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Starts in 2023
oh really? :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
July 20-August 20 Games are in NZ & AU
So TV game times may be funny

NZ is hosting a tournament Feb 17-23 for the final WWC spots between:

Cameroon
Chile
Chinese Taipei
Haiti
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Portugal
Senegal
Thailand

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:33
Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 00:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Starts in 2023
oh really? :fool:
Indeed so next year if you are wondering :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The 2023 Women's World Cup will be the first edition to feature 32 teams (the same format as the one currently used on the men's competition).
Morocco, Philippines, Republic of Ireland, Vietnam & Zambia have qualified for the first time.
Playoff A: Portugal, Cameroon & Thailand
Playoff B: Chile (Endler :wub: ), Senegal & Haiti
Playoff C: Taiwan, Paraguay, Papua New Guinea & Panama

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My Quarter Finals => Finals bracket prediction:

Quarter Finals
  1. Japan v USA
  2. Spain v Sweden
  3. Canada v France
  4. England v Germany
Semi Finals
  1. USA v Spain
  2. France v England
Final
  • England v USA
I am really wanting this final.
The quarter finals A & D match-up will be interesting if it lands this way since it would be a repeat of the 2015 3rd place & finals game.

2015 left me disappointed.
• Which is why I want this final bracket in 2023.
• It would also be the best match-up for promoting the women's game, so I would almost not be sad if England wins.
• I mean 5 stars would be much better to look at than the current awkward 4 for another 4 years - and the home kit will have a GOLD swoosh & stars above the crest in 2023 & moved back to the left chest placement!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 03:01
My Quarter Finals => Finals bracket prediction:

Quarter Finals
  1. Japan v USA
  2. Spain v Sweden
  3. Canada v France
  4. England v Germany
Semi Finals
  1. USA v Spain
  2. France v England
Final
  • England v USA
I am really wanting this final.
The quarter finals A & D match-up will be interesting if it lands this way since it would be a repeat of the 2015 3rd place & finals game.

2015 left me disappointed.
• Which is why I want this final bracket in 2023.
• It would also be the best match-up for promoting the women's game, so I would almost not be sad if England wins.
• I mean 5 stars would be much better to look at than the current awkward 4 for another 4 years - and the home kit will have a GOLD swoosh & stars above the crest in 2023 & moved back to the left chest placement!

I'd really like a USA v England final as well. I'm a USWNT fan so I'd cheer for them but secretly I kind of want the England women to win it all just to one-up their men's team.

Got my tickets and heading to Sydney for the final regardless of who's in it - probably never going to get a better deal than $120 NZD for a world-level final so had to do it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m incredibly nervous for my US team. They haven’t been doing too hot. I’m thinking Spain, England, Canada, and France will be the toughest. I’m unsure about Japan and Brazil. Australia is a bit of a wild card. New Zealand might be a surprise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't forget Sweden. They might be struggling after the Euros but they are still a tough team to beat and might pull a surprise. I want Denmark to at least get out of group stage but I think it will still depend if Pernille wil be able to play at the world cup. I really hope that she can play at the world cup. She deserves it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 05:12
Don't forget Sweden. They might be struggling after the Euros but they are still a tough team to beat and might pull a surprise. I want Denmark to at least get out of group stage but I think it will still depend if Pernille wil be able to play at the world cup. I really hope that she can play at the world cup. She deserves it.
True. I wasn’t sure if Sweden qualified, but yes they can surprise at the tournament.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 04:49
I’m incredibly nervous for my US team. They haven’t been doing too hot. I’m thinking Spain, England, Canada, and France will be the toughest. I’m unsure about Japan and Brazil. Australia is a bit of a wild card. New Zealand might be a surprise.
With all the turnover/new young players they are still trying to find who they are as a team. They also seemed maybe too focused on their personal brand and not the USWNT brand.

I think the losing streak they hit will end up being the best thing for them - they got called out by some big names from pervious teams. But who knows, maybe the pride players once had toward wearing that crest, what it means and the legacy of the team doesnt mean anything to this generation of players. Hoping instead that it woke them up from their individual focused daze and they come back stronger for it.

Though, I kinda think this is going to be Englands year. Maybe it’s their turn to take up the mantle of promoting the women’s game and getting people in other areas of the world excited the way the USWNT did for so long.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think the Us is still the best team especially with critical injuries to players from other nations. I think Germany is the best team in the world and they were able to beat them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 01:27
I think the Us is still the best team especially with critical injuries to players from other nations. I think Germany is the best team in the world and they were able to beat them.
If they don't have any major injuries then I expect to see Germany in the final, not England.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The logistics are shit. Denmark has to cross four time zones between two of their group games, not ideal for rest and recovery.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 19:28
The logistics are shit. Denmark has to cross four time zones between two of their group games, not ideal for rest and recovery.
The NZ half of the group stage has it best in terms of this - only one timezone and the absolute longest flight is less than 2hrs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is this thread opened 6 months before the start? :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 20:54
Why is this thread opened 6 months before the start? :unsure:
I didnt start it, but it’s nice to drum up more interest in since it fits pretty well with the theme here - atleast more so than the men’s WC thread. There are a decent number of lesbian players on multiple national and club teams, the games also attract more women than the men’s games seem too (anecdotally speaking). Many with their female partners or friend group. Women’s football games are a good way to meet other like minded types (maybe not if you hate football) and maybe a date.

Match Tickets are on sale and it’s possible to catch decent airfare deals throughout the year. I mean AA (not my preferred airline thou) is currently having a sale to AKL (Auckland, NZ) for last minute XMas/NYE flights from various US cities for $900 RT. Which is a great price ($1400 is avg, $1100 is decent, $900 is great, $700 is a steal - on any airline out of the US). Airlines have these deals throughout the year is you set google flight notifications or check other places.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have tickets to 8 games in Sydney including the grand final. I can’t wait!! 🤩🤩

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 16:11
Guest wrote:
If they don't have any major injuries then I expect to see Germany in the final, not England.
I think it will be USA - germany . USA has an almost guaranteed path to the final. The toughest team on their side of the bracket is the Netherlands who won’t have their best player

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 11:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think it will be USA - germany . USA has an almost guaranteed path to the final. The toughest team on their side of the bracket is the Netherlands who won’t have their best player
I would say a USA v Spain match-up in the semi-finals will be the first time the US is really challenged. & England’s Mead still has a chance to come back

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 16:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I would say a USA v Spain match-up in the semi-finals will be the first time the US is really challenged. & England’s Mead still has a chance to come back
Sorry but she's useless

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i'm not the biggest football fan generally but really curious about this tournament, will be quite interesting to see teams from such 'nontypical' countries (at least for male football) like Vietnam, Philippines, Zambia, China, first women's world cup for me, very excited :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Germany-will-win

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Big congrats to Beth Mead on winning BBC Sports personality of the year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 23:05
Big congrats to Beth Mead on winning BBC Sports personality of the year.
??? . I’m sure she will read this /s

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 16:48
i'm not the biggest football fan generally but really curious about this tournament, will be quite interesting to see teams from such 'nontypical' countries (at least for male football) like Vietnam, Philippines, Zambia, China, first women's world cup for me, very excited :P
Wait till you find out they are all better than Argentina lmao.

Women get more support in countries where men don’t play/not good at football. E.g USA is superior in women’s football, Brazil is not that great.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My prediction - USA beat Germany 2-0 in the final

Third place game is England v Sweden only because Sweden’s side of the bracket is very favorable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As an American I really hope Cameroon or Portugal are the fourth team in our group. I really don’t want to play Thailand again, and I assume Vietnam will also be an absolute rout so it’d just be a poor reflection on womens football. I can’t imagine having two southeast Asian nations in our group since Asian teams in general match up very poorly with the USWNT, who bully even japan off the pitch these days. Our players are just stronger and faster than anyone they have.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Canada and Brazil play their second match at she believes cup tournament, preparation games for the wc.
Who do you have winning?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 23:35
Canada and Brazil play their second match at she believes cup tournament, preparation games for the wc.
Who do you have winning?
Canada 2-1 Brazil.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Canada much better so far

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 13:10
As an American I really hope Cameroon or Portugal are the fourth team in our group. I really don’t want to play Thailand again, and I assume Vietnam will also be an absolute rout so it’d just be a poor reflection on womens football. I can’t imagine having two southeast Asian nations in our group since Asian teams in general match up very poorly with the USWNT, who bully even japan off the pitch these days. Our players are just stronger and faster than anyone they have.
Portugal to Group E

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Panama are leading against Paraguay with a few minutes to go for the last wc spot.

Winners complete group F.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wrong link.^^^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 16:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. Who knows if Beth Mead will make it back for the WC but honestly England has plenty of depth on their bench so much so that a number of those bench players Sarina Wiegman could easily have as starters for her on any given match day and what a great position for Sarina to be in on that account. I've been following the England team more closely since Sarina took over and wow has she done a great job with this team, they have really come together as a more complete unit, it is a pleasure to watch them on the pitch and see how they have grown and have more confidence.
England's talent and depth is outstanding and being from the US and always a fan of them, I can honestly say that as of now England imo has the edge over the US and even Germany! The England team is on a mission and you can see it and almost even feel it whenever they are on the pitch, there is a hunger and desire to win it all and I cannot say it looks the same from my own countries team. As much as I have always supported the uswnt and have been a fan forever and always will, I would be ok and happy for England if they win the WC. their team is a close unit and are special players it is hard to not like them and their coach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

More tickets on sale and another allotment March 3rd

Hope they find some more finals tickets

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting that Haiti, Panama, and Portugal easily made it through the interconference playoff. It implies even the 'dregs' of CONCACAF and UEFA are a step above other conferences, and CONCACAF doesn't care a whit about women (read what the Jamaican team has gone through).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 15:49
Interesting that Haiti, Panama, and Portugal easily made it through the interconference playoff. It implies even the 'dregs' of CONCACAF and UEFA are a step above other conferences, and CONCACAF doesn't care a whit about women (read what the Jamaican team has gone through).
Yep, the only good teams from CONCACAF are Brazil & Colombia (#1 & #2) - Argentina always finish 3rd (their coach is the 2nd they have had in their entire existence, last one was a sexual harasser/misogynistic and was the coach for 20+ years lmao) this new one is shit as well and has been in charge for several years now, always puts the same shitty players cos they’re experienced.

I thought Chile was progressing but they took a nosedive for some reason and are now changing things up, new coach and all.

The only team that I think is actually improving is Uruguay and I think will make it next World Cup for the first time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

*Conmebol ^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 15:49
I'm a little upset that they put Jamaica and Panama got put in the same group. It's understandable for the UEFA teams because they have so many teams but there's 8 groups and only 6 CONCACAF teams. ^o)

Haiti has a lot of up and coming talent and Panama has literally the reincarnation of Nadine Angerer and Hope Solo as their gk. She was 16 in 2018 and she kicked serious ass at the qualifying tournament.