Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Reactions:

Re: Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Post by Guest »

Everyone from the top 10 lost early in Rome, except Iga, Dasha and Rybakina, who still has to play her 3R match.

It's Kasatkina-Ostapenko again, which is not the best news, at least Dasha beat Krejcikova this year, but Ostaponko played very well. If she is injured, she will get breadsticks or bagels again... :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's hope Ostapenko will kamikaze her way to the loss because she's either on fire with her shots, or can't hit a barn door. In any case I'm excited to see a match between them now that we know they're actually friendly, dare I say even proper friends.

For the people who are relatively new to Dasha, Ostapenko and Dasha used to be pitted against each other a lot as teenagers and they had one match in Charleston (if I remember correctly) that indicated there isn't much love between them. But lately Ostapenko appeared in their video vlogs, there was this funny post where Dasha tagged Jelena as her best friend on tour and yeah, they definitely look like they not only started tolerating each other, but genuinely becoming friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Soon to be ranked 70 it seems.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 16:09
Soon to be ranked 70 it seems.
Are you tired of your negativity

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If she hadn't stayed on the court with that Austrian scrub yesterday, she might've had some energy left for the third set today.

If she draws any half decent player in round 1 at RG, she will be out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol
Penko destroyed and humiliated Krejcikova yesterday. And Daria showed a great fight in the first two sets! But when Penko hits those angels, there’s nothing you can do about it. Daria performed ok!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 16:56
Lol
Penko destroyed and humiliated Krejcikova yesterday. And Daria showed a great fight in the first two sets! But when Penko hits those angels, there’s nothing you can do about it. Daria performed ok!
She destroyed her career by speaking about the war. I really don't now why no one advised her to not do it, since the consequences of such an act were obvious.

She should play Strasbourg the week before RG.

Paris will be a huge disappointment. She is now number 9 and can draw Iga at round of 16 (if she even makes it, which I doubt).

I wish we had a better out lesbian player to root for. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 17:04
Guest wrote:
Lol
She destroyed her career by speaking about the war. I really don't now why no one advised her to not do it, since the consequences of such an act were obvious.

Paris will be a huge disappointment. She is now number 9 and can draw Iga at round of 16 (if she even makes it, which I doubt).

Do you really think it would be better to have a compromise with her conscience? It’s obvious Daria has a high level of empathy, so she felt that way and she said what she’d thought was right. Both about the war and the coming out. I’m sure she knew about the consequences. She’s an adult, she’s able to make decisions and be responsible for them.

Why do you think Rome run is bad and Paris will be a failure? She’s gaining some form, both mentally and physically, considering the way the season had started. I’m sure she’s putting a lot of efforts to improve her game. Don’t forget that Martinez betrayed Daria being unable to cope with a presence of hers gf around, which seems like a mental boost for Daria. Or at least some comfort zone she can always find support and calmness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 17:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol

Do you really think it would be better to have a compromise with her conscience? It’s obvious Daria has a high level of empathy, so she felt that way and she said what she’d thought was right. Both about the war and the coming out. I’m sure she knew about the consequences. She’s an adult, she’s able to make decisions and be responsible for them.

Why do you think Rome run is bad and Paris will be a failure? She’s gaining some form, both mentally and physically, considering the way the season had started. I’m sure she’s putting a lot of efforts to improve her game. Don’t forget that Martinez betrayed Daria being unable to cope with a presence of hers gf around, which seems like a mental boost for Daria. Or at least some comfort zone she can always find support and calmness.
Tussling with the Austrian scrub for 3 and a half hours yesterday after wasting a 3 love lead in the second set made her run out of gas today. But at least she still beats scrubs most of the time.

They put Gauff on that court after Dasha's match, and it got me thinking how Gauff is overhyped and will probably end just like a 26 year old Dasha: tussling for hours and hours with scrubs 😂

I feel sorry for her though. All those match points vs Krejcikova and Kudermetova, 5:2 lead vs Ons.
A dream draw at AO, and the rain delays fucked it up.

She has been sooo unlucky this year.

But she brought it upon herself with that performance vs Gracheva at the AO. That's where everything has started going off the rails in my opinion. No top 10 player is allowed to make a fool of herself in such a fashion at a Grand Slam. She brought a bad omen upon herself for the rest of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol

Maybe too much empathy is harmful for a top athlete. The world of modern sports requires you to be machine, totally focused on good result above anything, too much feeling, too much thinking, too much personality can harm you. I mean look at Ostapenko, she might won this time, but 1 moth later, she can lose to the No.182 player easily. Iga on the other hand, doesn't show some very interesting media personality, but she delivers on the court, consistently, week after week.

After Charleson, I thought Dasha will have at least a decent clay season. She had excuses for the losses at the start of the year, a new coach, some physical problems, etc. But clay is supposed to be her favourite surface. This is where she collects her points to stay in the top of WTA during the season.

Even is she has a good draw at RG and reaches a 4R for example (which isn't a horrible result), she will still drop out of the top 15 at least, for now. She will have to play top players in early rounds again, so she will lose even more points. And I don't really see how or when she's going to play great again.

It's really hard to follow and support her if she just loses all the time. Also, everyone on tennis Twitter hates her for her playing style and says that it's a shame that she's even in the top 30 with that second serve. And yeah, after last year L chat got excited again that maybe will have a player who will win some tournaments and keep moving between let's say NO.5 and NO.15 in the next few years. But based on the last 5 months, she won't finish in the top 30. And once you dropped out, for the second time, it's really hard to go back, she's not 22 years old anymore afterall.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

More and more people are now blaming Natalia for really bad result since that video from last year. I hope these comments won't effect her their relationship on the long run. Even her coach left her. Many people wrote that she should've stay more neutral on the war publicly, so that she can will see her parents anytime, so that Natalia won't become the only emoional support in her life. I mean, in her situation, she doesn't even have the possibility to not be with Natalia all the time, because otherwise she will be alone, at least Natalia gives her some stability, to at least win a few matches here and there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 17:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol

Maybe too much empathy is harmful for a top athlete. The world of modern sports requires you to be machine, totally focused on good result above anything, too much feeling, too much thinking, too much personality can harm you. I mean look at Ostapenko, she might won this time, but 1 moth later, she can lose to the No.182 player easily. Iga on the other hand, doesn't show some very interesting media personality, but she delivers on the court, consistently, week after week.

After Charleson, I thought Dasha will have at least a decent clay season. She had excuses for the losses at the start of the year, a new coach, some physical problems, etc. But clay is supposed to be her favourite surface. This is where she collects her points to stay in the top of WTA during the season.

Even is she has a good draw at RG and reaches a 4R for example (which isn't a horrible result), she will still drop out of the top 15 at least, for now. She will have to play top players in early rounds again, so she will lose even more points. And I don't really see how or when she's going to play great again.

It's really hard to follow and support her if she just loses all the time. Also, everyone on tennis Twitter hates her for her playing style and says that it's a shame that she's even in the top 30 with that second serve. And yeah, after last year L chat got excited again that maybe will have a player who will win some tournaments and keep moving between let's say NO.5 and NO.15 in the next few years. But based on the last 5 months, she won't finish in the top 30. And once you dropped out, for the second time, it's really hard to go back, she's not 22 years old anymore afterall.
I'm also on Tennis Twitter (I think the whole of Tennis Twitter is homosexual, which is super weird). Basically, I spend all my days watching and betting WTA since I'm lucky enough not to have to work.

I have probably watched over a hundred of Dasha's matches, and she has always been prone to choking. I even saw her live on a few occasions, the most memorable being vs Kerber at Wimbledon and in Toronto vs Andreescu, where I was probably the
only one in the crowd rooting for Dasha 😂

I agree with the posters who said that speaking against the war derailed her career. She should not have done it. Forget morals, consciousness, bla bla bla, it is a dog-eat-dog world. She is perceived as an enemy, nonetheless, by the Ukrainians, hateful Czechs such as Krejcikova, Kvitova.

To the posters who hate on her girlfriend - I would rather dig trenches than sit through Dasha's matches as her romantic partner lol. It must be super mentally taxing hahaha. I mean, I like Dasha and I feel like a CIA prisoner being tortured with a very sophisticated method while watching most of her matches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:hudoin: :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dashka's days in the top 10 are numbered, she's got a horrific draw at RG. :sadangel:

R1 Jule Niemeier, R2 Vondrousova.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natalia started a professional photoshoot modelling career? :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 20:30

:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Since Dasha's gonna end up playing ITFs in a few months time, she has been forced to find a job. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Two massive wins for Dasha already. Her draw was outright nightmarish for being the #9 seed and yet she put it together. Great job 💪

Ironically her easiest match on paper comes next round against Stearns, but she beat Ostapenko, so she shouldn't be underestimated.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 23:08
Guest wrote:

Since Dasha's gonna end up playing ITFs in a few months time, she has been forced to find a job. :P
Hope she doesn't know this pathetic thread exists.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

😍😍😍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 14:17

😍😍😍
Dasha put her racket where she likes Natalia to be and hit the perfect shot...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 14:38
Guest wrote:

😍😍😍
Dasha put her racket where she likes Natalia to be and hit the perfect shot...
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

😍😍😍
Hot shot by a hot player. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:27
Guest wrote:

😍😍😍
Hot shot by a hot player. :lol:
She looks really nice in that Adidas kit 😍😍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Her record against Svitolina is very bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dasha :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
Why were you so tight? What the hell happened?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i think beign "the good russian" is hard for her. beign grateful for disrespectful gestures in public. i can see the tennis twitter really likes this, but i think its lack of respect to herself is bad for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 08:45
i think beign "the good russian" is hard for her. beign grateful for disrespectful gestures in public. i can see the tennis twitter really likes this, but i think its lack of respect to herself is bad for her.
She has zero self respect. For me, her act of speaking out was an act of cowerdice, not bravery. She couldn't handle playing in the West as a Russian and being demonized and harassed. I like her but look at Aryna. She is constantly harassed and demonized but she doesn't band over. That's because Aryna has self respect, mental toughness and spirit of a champion, which Dasha lacks. That's why Aryna keeps winning the big trophies, and Dasha has never won, nor will she, anything big.

Like I said, I like her and I was heartbroken yesterday when she got booed, but she is a coward. What did she get by speaking out?? Her career is more less over, she is an enemy of the state in Russia, she is an enemy in the West too. It is a very sad situation and I feel sorry for her. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 10:59
Guest wrote:
She has zero self respect. For me, her act of speaking out was an act of cowerdice, not bravery. She couldn't handle playing in the West as a Russian and being demonized and harassed. I like her but look at Aryna. She is constantly harassed and demonized but she doesn't band over. That's because Aryna has self respect, mental toughness and spirit of a champion, which Dasha lacks. That's why Aryna keeps winning the big trophies, and Dasha has never won, nor will she, anything big.

Like I said, I like her and I was heartbroken yesterday when she got booed, but she is a coward. What did she get by speaking out?? Her career is more less over, she is an enemy of the state in Russia, she is an enemy in the West too. It is a very sad situation and I feel sorry for her. :bigcry:
Nah it was just the Parisian crowd. They live to boo players, even if they have no idea what's going on, which was obviously the case here. Dashka will get over it and I think most people know how brave she is.

Sabalenka on the other hand cozies up to Lukashenka and then acts put out by having to answer reasonable questions. Typical victim mentality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just don't get the point of not giving Kasatkina a handshake. I understand the perspective of not shaking hands with a person you perceive as supporter of the war, but it's almost as if the Ukrainians also get frustrated at Kasatkina for being a Russian whose image didn't get destroyed for being Russian. They want Russians to speak out against Putin and the war, but get butthurt that the Russians in question end up looking good in the eyes of the public.

Anyway, Dasha can choose what position to take. I respect her views, but I personally can't imagine being that soft. To be fair that's part of the reason why she's so likeable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah it was just the Parisian crowd. They live to boo players, even if they have no idea what's going on, which was obviously the case here. Dashka will get over it and I think most people know how brave she is.

Sabalenka on the other hand cozies up to Lukashenka and then acts put out by having to answer reasonable questions. Typical victim mentality.
i wouldnt frame her behaviour as bravery. shes trying to cope with sence of helplessness and frustration by chosing trans-ukranian path. but she cant be good enough for them, this is the dead end. svitolina etc. wont stop campaning to ban her for wrong passport. elina is hypocrite.
generally Dasha looks like shes trying too hard and it looks pathetic.

on the other hand, Arina definitely doesn't have a victim mentality due to her wins. she prefers to concentrate on the game. Dasha cries on twitter and twitter loves for her "bravery".

they are both irrelevant figures on the issues they are asked to speak on, regardless of the "side of history".

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I disagree with you. Dasha has self-respect, unlike Arina. You can feel that she takes these all problems to heart and understands why this is happening. This is because a person has a conscience. Unlike the Belarusian athlete. It's always harder for people with a conscience. Arina's audacity and impudence may make her a better athlete, but it does not make her a better person. She does have ties to Lukashenko, she signed a letter in his support and living abroad and being his favorite, she does not feel half the pressure that her fellow citizens do. But she allows herself to turn on the victim mode and thus shift the causes and consequences. You've noticed that she is the one who is hated the most, not even Russian players. That's because her words and thoughts like "I'm not to blame for anything, I can't do anything" embody the narrative that generates the most outrage. In the neighboring country, people are dying because of the actions of the very same Lukashenko whom she supported, but the biggest problem in Arina Sabalenka's life is that she is so poor and unhappy that she is being hated in the Internet.

The Parisian crowd is stupid. They booed Martha for not shaking hands with Sabalenka, they booed Dasha, who shouldn't have been booed. And some people just boo the players even during the match like they booed Fritz.
I don't think it was personalized toward Dasha. It was more likely a case of an uneducated crowd who came to the show and wanted to see a spectacle

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 12:11

i wouldnt frame her behaviour as bravery. shes trying to cope with sence of helplessness and frustration by chosing trans-ukranian path. but she cant be good enough for them, this is the dead end. svitolina etc. wont stop campaning to ban her for wrong passport. elina is hypocrite.

on the other hand, Arina definitely doesn't have a victim mentality due to her wins. she prefers to concentrate on the game. Dasha cries on twitter and twitter loves for her "bravery".

they are both irrelevant figures on the issues they are asked to speak on, regardless of the "side of history".
I watched her interview and her position does not look like I am choosing the trans-Ukrainian path. she just understands that war is wrong, that the path her country has chosen is not the right path, which makes things worse for the Russians in the first place. And she understands that as a public figure, she can at least speak out about this and share her thoughts, so that at least those people in Russia who also understand this do not feel isolated or crazy. This is an example of courage. When you realize that you will receive a lot of criticism for what you say and most likely become an enemy and not be much liked at home and abroad, but you have views and you want to defend them.

Unlike the Arina. She can't express her views directly, so she avoids press conferences and hides behind her mental health. two months ago, she didn't believe that Tsurenko could have had a panic attack before their match, and now she uses the same card about mental health when it suits her and when it affects her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dasha is standing up for what’s right. aryna dodging the press two matches in a row is brave? lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 12:56
Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 12:11

I watched her interview and her position does not look like I am choosing the trans-Ukrainian path. she just understands that war is wrong, that the path her country has chosen is not the right path, which makes things worse for the Russians in the first place. And she understands that as a public figure, she can at least speak out about this and share her thoughts, so that at least those people in Russia who also understand this do not feel isolated or crazy. This is an example of courage. When you realize that you will receive a lot of criticism for what you say and most likely become an enemy and not be much liked at home and abroad, but you have views and you want to defend them.

Unlike the Arina. She can't express her views directly, so she avoids press conferences and hides behind her mental health. two months ago, she didn't believe that Tsurenko could have had a panic attack before their match, and now she uses the same card about mental health when it suits her and when it affects her
Arina chose to take care of herself in an out of control situation, which is best for her. this is a sober approach not only for an athlete, but for a person in general. and her mental health actually exists, she's not a robot.
Daria uses the façade of the courageous narrative. but in reality it is impractical, especially in such difficult times (of course, if you do not live on the Internet, haha). she chose to support Elina's behavior on the court, which is discriminatory behavior in public, which does not take into account Daria's position. And off the court do they get along well? How it fits in Elina's head, I don't know at all. but I see that Daria does not perceive these contradictions well. Like me, something is wrong here.
In general, it seems to me that Elina, Daria and Arina greatly exaggerate their importance. and Daria personally would be better off focusing on herself than on Elina and others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sometimes it seems to me that Dasha chose selfharm, she can't cope with everything.
sometimes it seems to me that I choose selfharm by watching Dasha's matches! :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: @the haters
Lchatters hate nothing more than an out lesbian

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daria's life has been a mess since she broke L's heart. If she had stayed with L, I believe she would have stopped her from doing stupid things. I wonder does she feel sorry for Daria or she is happy cause karma is doing it's thing.

Daria was treated like garbage in Melbourne if you remember, they had her play on a parking lot because she is Russian, everyone treats her like garbage but she keeps humiliating herself and keeps bootlicking the westerners.

Ex coach was right, she is a very immature girl and she destroyed her career by talking politics. :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 14:25
she became annoying a bit. less good matches, more buzz and drama.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 15:49
Guest wrote:
it's you who are annoying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 15:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dasha go training on grass!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Have some self respect Dasha, don't let them humiliate you all the time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 15:43
Daria's life has been a mess since she broke L's heart. If she had stayed with L, I believe she would have stopped her from doing stupid things. I wonder does she feel sorry for Daria or she is happy cause karma is doing it's thing.

Daria was treated like garbage in Melbourne if you remember, they had her play on a parking lot because she is Russian, everyone treats her like garbage but she keeps humiliating herself and keeps bootlicking the westerners.

Ex coach was right, she is a very immature girl and she destroyed her career by talking politics. :sadangel:
L, is it you?

Not talking about politics=bad. Talking about politics=also bad. Just state that you're a hater and go to twitter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 16:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[/quote]

Stop pretending to be different person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 17:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
[/quote]

Dasha stop pretending to think that the only one person can see your embarrasment!
*finally this thread became funny* :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 18:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dasha stop pretending to think that the only one person can see your embarrasment!
[/quote]
It's always you behaving pathetic and using the same emoji. Are you not tired coming here after every loss and being entire idiot? :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 18:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's always you behaving pathetic and using the same emoji. Are you not tired coming here after every loss and being entire idiot? :-/
[/quote]

what is your problem actually? can you say something meaningful? okay lets mourn like at funeral.
her new grass season looks promising, she doesnt have to defend Wimby points. i mean like the others but still. clay season wasnt SO bad, shes still top10. her rating perspectives doesnt look that depressive like other anons predicts. she borders herself from other russians, awkwardly, but it is what it is. shes twitter darling now and a bloger! looks like a new chapter!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guys wanna know what's the funniest thing about the whole situation? Both Elina and Daria are represented by the same sports menagment company and have literally the SAME menager. That guy was Elina's box for every match at RG, and was at Dasha's box for every match, he was absent from their boxes when they played against each other.

Dasha was very tight and nervous, she's been like that since the start of the year. N should help her release all that tension before matches. Yesterday I watched an interview with Navratilova and she said that having sex the night before the matches helped her a lot.
So I would advise N to help her before matches.

And she should stop looking tight and tense during matches, because that probably makes Dasha even more nervous when she looks at her box.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 18:49
Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 18:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

what is your problem actually? can you say something meaningful? okay lets mourn like at funeral.
her new grass season looks promising, she doesnt have to defend Wimby points. i mean like the others but still. clay season wasnt SO bad, shes still top10. her rating perspectives doesnt look that depressive like other anons predicts. she borders herself from other russians, awkwardly, but it is what it is. shes twitter darling now and a bloger! looks like a new chapter!
[/quote]
And why did reply me? I don't have any problem. The one that has a weird obsession is anon above me bitching about everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dashka is a legend, tbh. Compare her bravery to the rest.