Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

MissNovotna
Reactions:

Re: Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Post by MissNovotna »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 18:31
Andreescu and Anisimova is tough opponents for the first rounds still disappointing a bit.
She needs a good draw at US Open to get some matches.
Well I suggest to work on the service,her 2^ ball is
Too weak and in general she should put her sh*t together. Look I don't want sound impopular,I really like them as a couple and I'm happy to see a top player out and proud but I fear that Natalia is trouble. Key of tennis is to focus and with a gf soo hot anyone would struggle to zoom out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 18:41
Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 18:02
Too bad she lost on her girlfriend's birthday. What is she going to do now until the US open ?
I hope she doesn't flop in the first round there.
This was a tough first round. I think she's lost three in a row to AA now, it's just a bad match up for Dasha. I hope she gets an easier first round at the US open. A shame she lost on Natalia's birthday but I guess they can celebrate in style now though!
She might be too sad to celebrate but then again she flopped all the time when she was the previous girl too. Her serve sucks tbh and and she will never fix it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 19:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Too bad she lost on her girlfriend's birthday. What is she going to do now until the US open ?
This was a tough first round. I think she's lost three in a row to AA now, it's just a bad match up for Dasha. I hope she gets an easier first round at the US open. A shame she lost on Natalia's birthday but I guess they can celebrate in style now though!
She might be too sad to celebrate but then again she flopped all the time when she was the previous girl too. Her serve sucks tbh and and she will never fix it.
with the previous girl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MissNovotna wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 19:13
Guest wrote:
Andreescu and Anisimova is tough opponents for the first rounds still disappointing a bit.
Too weak and in general she should put her sh*t together. Look I don't want sound impopular,I really like them as a couple and I'm happy to see a top player out and proud but I fear that Natalia is trouble. Key of tennis is to focus and with a gf soo hot anyone would struggle to zoom out.
but Daria has a good season by her standards even with that serve and her chances for making top-8 are quite high, no?
we have to wait to rest of the season to make a judgement.
Now i don't see that Natalia affecting on Daria in a bad way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MissNovotna wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 19:13
Guest wrote:
DA Her alleged ex girlfriend is also very good looking and followed Daria in every tournament. I think the attractiveness of her girlfriends has nothing to do with her results or her concentration. The truth is that she just isn't good enough to win big titles.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 19:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She didn't flop all the time, just some of the time :lol: Tennis players have to get used to losing a lot so I hope she won't be too sad to celebrate her girlfriend's birthday. They need to be able to quickly put disappointment behind them and move on to the next event. Gotta say I agree about the serve though. It's never been great but she's serving like a grandma these days.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People need to lower their expectations lol. Dasha losing a few first round matches isn't unusual for her at all. If people expect a total domination and win after win - you've chosen the wrong player :lol: if anything, the last two years have been absolutely brilliant for Dasha. Establishing herself as a top 20 player, playing finals and winning some tournaments and unless she completely shits the bed she will make her WTA finals debut. Perfect season.

I don't think I'm Debbie Downer when I say that she will never be the best player in the world, but this doesn't mean she can't have a career to be proud of. She obviously has some big limitations in her game (serve, lack of power) and she can improve a bit on them, but I doubt she can change them so drastically as people seem to expect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 09:57
People need to lower their expectations lol. Dasha losing a few first round matches isn't unusual for her at all. If people expect a total domination and win after win - you've chosen the wrong player :lol: if anything, the last two years have been absolutely brilliant for Dasha. Establishing herself as a top 20 player, playing finals and winning some tournaments and unless she completely shits the bed she will make her WTA finals debut. Perfect season.

I don't think I'm Debbie Downer when I say that she will never be the best player in the world, but this doesn't mean she can't have a career to be proud of. She obviously has some big limitations in her game (serve, lack of power) and she can improve a bit on them, but I doubt she can change them so drastically as people seem to expect.
Dasha's one of those players that's obviously very good, but perhaps not quite the best of the best that will win Grand Slams. At an elite level, she's out-powered by many. There will always be younger, talented players that come along. It's sports afterall.
The crafty tennis brain she has honed is impressive. Because she can't out hit players like Osaka or Anisimova she has to think.

The general level of competition has increased for the womens game, which is good. We're coming to the end of an era of dominant players, let's see where we go from here. I'd like to see Dasha stick around for a while.

Hsieh Su-Wei has never won a Slam but she could cause problems for players like Sharapova! lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Very very cute :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

(I posted this in the Tennis Thread too, but I should have posted here (first))

This is Kasatkina's Draw for the US Open:

1R: Harriet Dart
2R: Nuria Párrizas Díaz/Dalma Galfi
3R: Veronika Kudermetova
4R: Ons Jabeur/Shelby Rogers
QF: Anett Kontaveit/Leylah Fernandez
SF: Maria Sakkari/Simona Halep
F: Iga Swiatek/Paula Badosa

She had reached the 4th round back in 2017, but after that, her result were: 2R, 1R, 1R, 3R. How far can she go this year?
Will she be in the Top8 at the end of the year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 18:32
(I posted this in the Tennis Thread too, but I should have posted here (first))

This is Kasatkina's Draw for the US Open:

1R: Harriet Dart
2R: Nuria Párrizas Díaz/Dalma Galfi
3R: Veronika Kudermetova
4R: Ons Jabeur/Shelby Rogers
QF: Anett Kontaveit/Leylah Fernandez
SF: Maria Sakkari/Simona Halep
F: Iga Swiatek/Paula Badosa

She had reached the 4th round back in 2017, but after that, her result were: 2R, 1R, 1R, 3R. How far can she go this year?
Will she be in the Top8 at the end of the year?
you are too optimistic here :lol:
the draw is really good and and i think she is able to repeat her best result at USO, good luck :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 05:08
lol

getting nice toys from claw machines for her GF seems to be a thing/ploy for Kasatkina. She did the same for her old BFF/GF.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2022, 02:24
This pic is a screenshot from Daria Saville's instagram stories.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if the lack of public display of affection contributed to the break-up with her old girlfriend.
She only went to a handful of tournaments, mostly stayed in Barcelona. There were hardly any pictures together, especially in the last few years. Etc

At least the ex-girlfriend is providing us with a lot of good content lately :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dasha is back in another final. Beat her opponent, 6-2, 6-0 in less than 1 hour. In the final, she has to play the Straight Daria, Daria Saville (Gavrilova).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

hope for the quality content after the match :shifty: :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 00:03
Dasha is back in another final. Beat her opponent, 6-2, 6-0 in less than 1 hour. In the final, she has to play the Straight Daria, Daria Saville (Gavrilova).
Remember many years ago Kasatkina's ex BFF was pretending to be jealous in a tweet that shipped Kasatkina/Saville or something like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 15:41
How many hours until the match?
Is there any links to watch the game?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 16:25
Guest wrote:
~2 and half hours

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 16:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
~2 and half hours
Is there a link? Or which channel will it air on?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
~2 and half hours
i can only give a pirate stream, don't open if you are not sure

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:58
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
~2 and half hours
i can only give a pirate stream, don't open if you are not sure
:heart: anon

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

I’m glad Dash has got her own thread. I think she comes across really well in interviews.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

middle of first set and they've already showed ugly Gavrilova's husband six times (yes, i'm counting) and Natalia only once. 😑

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 19:43
middle of first set and they've already showed ugly Gavrilova's husband six times (yes, i'm counting) and Natalia only once. 😑
You can see Natalia too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gay Daria first set :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 19:53
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 19:43
You can see Natalia too.
i can, but still nobody needed those 9 (for now) close-ups of him 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

🏆 :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Congrats to Dasha!

This is her 6th career title and now she's back at No.3 in the Race ranking just behind Iga and Ons. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For the first time, she thanked specifically Natalia too, saying her name, calling her "Natasha". :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 21:31
For the first time, she thanked specifically Natalia too, saying her name, calling her "Natasha". :heart:

Just a random question? Is it normal for Russians to kind of transform their name? Natalia becomes Natasha and Daria becomes Dasha. Is that normal?
I heard her thank Natasha but I thought it was someone else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:01
Guest wrote:

Just a random question? Is it normal for Russians to kind of transform their name? Natalia becomes Natasha and Daria becomes Dasha. Is that normal?
Yes it is. What do you think they would keep doing it if it isnt normal?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes, it's normal. Alexandra - Sasha, Maria - Masha and so on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes it is. What do you think they would keep doing it if it isnt normal?
It was just a question to be better informed, sorry it bothered you that much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes, it's normal. Alexandra - Sasha, Maria - Masha and so on.
It's like Katherine - Katie or Margaret - Maggie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:30
:heart: :heart: :heart:

i was amused by this huge hockey like trophy, then i remembered that it was a canadian tournament. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The US Open is about to begin to I except interviews or reporters bringing her "coming out" and the Russia war into the table.
Interestingly, she hasn't done any interviews about this I don't think (she might not want to, which is totally fine)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 01:29
The US Open is about to begin to I except interviews or reporters bringing her "coming out" and the Russia war into the table.
Interestingly, she hasn't done any interviews about this I don't think (she might not want to, which is totally fine)
She did an interview with courtney nguyen (wta insider.) It's the second post in this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She plays again today. I hope had some time to recover.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 14:01
She plays again today. I hope had some time to recover.
At least it's not like after San Jose, where she played long 3 setters against top players. Also, her first opponent is not a GS champion this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She lost :-/

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

Yeah she lost against Harriet Dart of all people!

I guess she sacrificed going deep into a slam for a crappy 250 trophy and $33,000.

First round US open pays $80,000!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have a time line or has some idea of when they started dating?