Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Re: Daria Kasatkina, out tennis player

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

Guest wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 20:38
Does anyone have a time line or has some idea of when they started dating?
Must have been after Billie Jean Cup as her then girlfriend was there. Then they went on holiday to the Maldives with Pav. Then her ex started to say her heart was broken in Barcelona and moved to Madrid.

This is what I got from Instagram.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kasatkinaaaaa wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 09:49
Guest wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 20:38
Does anyone have a time line or has some idea of when they started dating?
Must have been after Billie Jean Cup as her then girlfriend was there. Then they went on holiday to the Maldives with Pav. Then her ex started to say her heart was broken in Barcelona and moved to Madrid.

This is what I got from Instagram.
So they did or are about to do a 1 year anniversary. That's cool.

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

Well not quite, if I had to put a month on it I’d say January

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If ig is anything to go by, they met by October last year. N.Z ex-husband appears in a skating vlog in October as well. Doesn't seem to appear in any vlogs after that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 13:20
If ig is anything to go by, they met by October last year. N.Z ex-husband appears in a skating vlog in October as well. Doesn't seem to appear in any vlogs after that.
I only found out a few days ago that Natalia was married to a dude. So she basically dumped the dude and starting hanging out with Kasatkina.
If Natalia wasn't already out when she was married to a guy, I will give props to her for being so open about their relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 14:34
Guest wrote:
I only found out a few days ago that Natalia was married to a dude. So she basically dumped the dude and starting hanging out with Kasatkina.
If Natalia wasn't already out when she was married to a guy, I will give props to her for being so open about their relationship.
DA
yes, she wasn't out. her non heterosexuality came out as a big surprise for figure skating fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 15:39
Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 14:34
Guest wrote:
DA
yes, she wasn't out. her non heterosexuality came out as a big surprise for figure skating fans.
Honestly this just makes their story even better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I admit it is a turn off Natalia was with a dude before Daria :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
DA It seems that they met in October in Russia. Then Natalia dumps the husband in October or early November( he deletes his instagram completely when that happens). Then Kasatkina dumps her longtime girlfriend at the end of November or early December. Then Natalia goes to Barcelona and meets with Kasatkina.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

Also, mid-November Natalia did a tattoo with tennis racket and same the dinosaur as Daria’s necklace.
I wonder if there is something to do with this necklace? According to Daria’s instagram, she got it in summer 2021

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Missnovotna
Reactions:

Post by Missnovotna »

Guest wrote:
03 Sep 2022, 10:40
Miss Kasatkina has good taste :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 21:50
I admit it is a turn off Natalia was with a dude before Daria :mask:
Don't worry. I don't think she's that interested in you either :lol:

They look great together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natalia posted a insta story pic with Daria a few hours ago.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

They are cuties! :heart:

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

They are so cute together!

Regarding Natalia she could be bisexual or one of these ladies who discovered her sexuality later in life.

Who cares they look happy.

asas
Reactions:

Post by asas »

Kasatkinaaaaa wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 18:07
They are so cute together!

Regarding Natalia she could be bisexual or one of these ladies who discovered her sexuality later in life.

Who cares they look happy.
Plus, you have to understand that being gay in Russia in not an option. And a lot people from there choose to live "straight" life even though they're gay. Either way, you can see that they're happy together so there's no point obsess with these labels

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natalia's last post on IG, she is hot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 19:33
Natalia's last post on IG, she is hot.
you do too stop that video at certain moments? :hudoin: :P
Daria is a lucky woman. Natalia too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This video by Natalia is haaawt. They seem to be having a lot of fun together.

It's honestly kinda funny to me, because Dasha always seemed to me (in interviews) that she gives too cool for school vibes :lol: like the last person you'd imagine being a silly and corny dork with their partner, but she is so carefree and different now. Of course, all in a good way.

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

Wow new Dash documentary with Natalia.

I pray to the lesbian gods that they put the subtitles in English eventually!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

didn't watch the whole thing yet, will try later, but few excerpts from Natalia:
(Google Translate)
“Even if I was straight, I would end up getting divorced. There are many reasons, but housebuilding, complete patriarchy - this is not for me. I had to support him, send all my energy to the family future.

Just at that moment, I ended my career, in 2020, and I wanted to ride in the show, continue what I have been doing all my life. But it was forbidden. And every show I've been on has been a scandal. My main task was to support everything. Although the income was essentially all mine.

- He forbade you to participate in the show?

- Like: your time of stardom has passed, well done, now is my time and you must elevate me. However, he did not earn at all. Here in general. And what I have earned in my career is not rubber.

- And you told him: what are we going to live on?

- I told. He answered: wait, the main thing is to send energy, that's all. Indeed, there were a lot of scandals about this.

Was it a shock to him that you traded him for a girl and not a man?

“I think, to some extent, yes,” Zabiyako said in an interview on Ksenia Sobchak’s YouTube channel.
“My situation is more complicated than Dasha’s. I told my mother about this, it happened spontaneously - at that time I did not want to say this, but in the course of the conversation it turned out that I said this. Of course, the parents took it a little with hostility. Because I have them more conservative, for them it was unexpected. Of course I can understand them.

I realized about myself already, probably, 10-11 years ago, but it was difficult to share with someone. All the same, public opinion is very pressing, you understand that even if you share this with someone close to you ... This is the worst thing - you are afraid to share it even with your closest ones, because you understand that they will condemn, say that this is wrong.

All this time I lived with it. You live as if in a dark room with no windows or doors, you just throw yourself on the walls because you think that something is wrong with you, as if you make mistakes.

You meet people you don't want to meet. You can even get married. You deceive yourself, try to convince yourself, say that these are stupid thoughts in your head, maybe you have not met that person.

But the further - the worse. You understand that you are like that, but you can’t share it with anyone”
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/11 ... ee-ch.html
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/11 ... itoge.html

:blinkwide:

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

I speak Russian and just watched the interview…wow, a really deep one. Xenia is a sensitive person, I’m glad she was the one to make this interview.
It is not only about their relationships and everything that happened after Daria’s coming out, but also about struggles being Russian after the beginning of the war, dreams that probably won’t come true..

So, they’ve been dating since last autumn, as they confirmed. Natasha wrote to Daria earlier (on social media as far as I understood), then Dasha came to Moscow (probably for Kremlin Cup 2021) and than it all started spinning.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daria Kasatkina commented on her coming out. In July, she announced that she was in a relationship with figure skater Natalya Zabiyako , and now she gave an interview to Ksenia Sobchak.

On allegations of LGBT propaganda

“I grew up with no gay boys or lesbian girls around me. That is, nothing affected me. The maximum that happened was the Tatu group. I don't think orientation can be promoted at all. It's either this or that. Nothing influenced me, but I still like girls in the end.

About the words of deputy Khamzaev that she did it to obtain citizenship

“So let’s write it down. Now I am writing to the immigration service of some country: guys, I'm for girls, so give me a passport.

About whether she is afraid to return to Russia

"No fear. I didn't do anything wrong, I just talked about myself. I was asked questions and I answered them. If this is considered propaganda in our country, then everything in the world is propaganda.

But it's a shame, of course, when deputies make such comments about their citizens, who have done nothing wrong - they just admitted who they are. If this is enough to block a person from entering the country, it is sad.”

About when I realized orientation

“The calls have been around for a long time. But it took me a long time to accept myself, because society is pressing. Even if you begin to understand something, you think that it is something wrong. You begin to suppress in yourself, through force to meet with those whom you do not want to meet.

It doesn't make you feel any better, just disgusting. And you start hiding, leading a double life. And at some point you already cease to understand who you are, why you are, what for you all this.

Not so long ago, I came to the conclusion that do not care at all. Life is one - get high (laughs) ."

How parents reacted

“I was lucky that my relatives took it very easily - parents, brother. They found out two years ago. Brother a little early, because we are always together.

And no problem at all. They seemed to be happy (laughs). They took everything very easily, and I am very grateful to them for that. Because I know that the majority is the opposite. And I can’t imagine how hard it is when the closest people don’t accept you and don’t take you seriously. They say that this will pass, you just haven’t found a good man for yourself. ”

Kasatkinaaaaa
Reactions:

Post by Kasatkinaaaaa »

Thanks for these translations.

Must have been really tough for Natalia especially.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

Natalia Zabiiako about her divorce, coming out and relationship with tennis player Daria Kasatkina.

About divorce with director Danil Grinkin

Natalia Zabiiako: Even if I was straight, I would end up getting divorced. There are many reasons, but rigidly patriarchal family life this is not for me. I had to support him, send all my energy to the family future.

Just at that moment, I ended my career, in 2020, and I wanted to skate in the show, continue what I have been doing all my life. But it was forbidden. And every show I’ve been on caused a scandal. My main task was to support and that’s all. Although almost all the earnings was mine.

Did he forbid you to do shows?

Natalia Zabiiako: Like: your time of stardom has passed, well done, now is my time and you must elevate me. However, he did not earn at all. And what I have earned in my career is not unlimited.

Did you ask him: what are we going to live on?

Natalia Zabiiako: I did. He answered: wait, the main thing is to send energy, that’s all. Indeed, there were a lot of scandals about this.

Was it a shock to him that he was passed over for a girl and not a man?

Natalia Zabiiako: I think, to some extent, yes.

About coming out

Natalia Zabiiako: My situation is more complicated than Dasha’s. I told my mother about this, it happened spontaneously – at that time I did not want to say this, but in the course of the conversation it so happened and I said this. Of course, the parents took it a little with hostility. Because they are more conservative, for them it was unexpected. Of course I can understand them.

I realized about myself already, probably, 10-11 years ago, but it was difficult to share with someone. Public opinion is very pressing, you understand that even if you share this with someone close to you … This is the worst thing – you are afraid to share it even with your closest ones, because you understand that they will condemn, say that this is wrong.

All this time I lived with it. You live as if in a dark room with no windows or doors, you just throw yourself on the walls because you think that something is wrong with you, as if you make mistakes.

You meet people you don’t want to meet. You can even get married. You deceive yourself, try to convince yourself, say that these are stupid thoughts in your head, maybe you have not met the right person yet.

But the further – the worse. You understand what you are, but you can’t share it with anyone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They are so adorable together and Natalia looks such a calm person.
They look really good together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

#7 on youtube trends in Russia, didn't expect this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm happy for both of them. They look so comfortable together and Natalia seems so cool, so calm.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She listed 'Portrait of a Lady on Fire'' as one of the best films she saw in an interview years ago. I guess that was a sign :nervous:

Reactions:

Re: Daria Kasatkina, thank tiuout tennis player

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the translations. It must have been tough for Natalia to have to hide her sexuality for so long. What Dasha said is so true, it's so stupid that people still think that homosexuality can be promoted or encouraged. They look really happy together, I'm glad they found each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What does Natalia say to Daria on minute 17:47? Does anyone know?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 02:04
What does Natalia say to Daria on minute 17:47? Does anyone know?
NZ "I love you"
DK "Love you too"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't understand how they met. The subs are a mess in that part.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 03:52
Natalia wrote to Daria sometime in the fall of last year, she showed her interest in her. It was unclear what exactly she had written, maybe just something about tennis or more personal, maybe she already knew that Daria was dating girls. Dasha answered, and soon they met, as Dasha came to Moscow, where Natalia was at that time, to participate in the tournament (VTB Kremlin Cup 2021). The tournament was held from October 18 to 24, and there is a photo of both of them in the NZ insta dating from this time period. They both said that their dating history began to develop rapidly from this visit.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 05:07
Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 03:52
Natalia wrote to Daria sometime in the fall of last year, she showed her interest in her. It was unclear what exactly she had written, maybe just something about tennis or more personal, maybe she already knew that Daria was dating girls. Dasha answered, and soon they met, as Dasha came to Moscow, where Natalia was at that time, to participate in the tournament (VTB Kremlin Cup 2021). The tournament was held from October 18 to 24, and there is a photo of both of them in the NZ insta dating from this time period. They both said that their dating history began to develop rapidly from this visit.
It is unclear when she wrote to Dasha, but Natalia said she just congratulated her with some tournaments and that she’s been following her career for a while. And Daria answered and they started chatting. Also she said that she liked Daria surely, but that wasn’t the reason for writing to her.
Xenia asked was it just a friendship at the beginning or something more and they both kinda avoided answering. Daria said “You just feel something and there is nothing you can do about it”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Kasatkina went on vacation with her old BFF/GF in winter and was dating Natalia at the same time?

=_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 06:04
So Kasatkina went on vacation with her old BFF/GF in winter and was dating Natalia at the same time?

=_=
Well that girl did post that her heart was broken in Barcelona after that :nervous:

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

:nervous:
Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 06:04

=_=
Well, it looks so :nervous: Lina and Daria went on a vacation in November, after Daria’s meeting with N in October. According to instagram posts, Daria than came back to Moscow and hanged out with Natalia again.
The heartbroken post from her ex however was posted only in February this year.
So it’s all kinda complicated xD

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe I'm looking for a conspiracy, but I definitely believe they were a bit vague about the timeline of how everything came to be, so this makes me think it's possible there was a third party in the mix that got hurt. When did Natalia divorce exactly? Though I don't know if it's the guy that's the hurt third party, considering that Natalia is very brutally honest that he was a bum and she couldn't stand him very early on in their marriage, so I don't think she has any limit to say she was already looking for someone else when they were still technically married.

But honestly, even if it's Dasha's rumoured previous girlfriend that got hurt - I don't blame them. I feel like it's rather obvious Dasha was struggling a lot with being in the closet. It's understandable, because she's always been very open in how she presents herself and her opinions, so I don't doubt she felt the same way about her sexuality, as in wanting everything to be out on the table. The closeted relationships are complicated and straight up impossible once the two people in the relationship start having different mindsets. Not that I condone cheating (if it even occurred), but it's not super outrageous.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

I cannot blame any of them, even though some people were hurt. It looks like they both came a long way to the state where they are now. Free, in love with each other and without any fears and regrets.

As for Natalia’s husband, they officially divorced somewhere in October, when she changed her social media nickname’s back.
But it seems like they were apart for a while before that, as his last appearance in her vlogs were dated around September. Not to mention that Natalia said that even though she was straight, they would get divorced anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hazelnut wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 06:45
I cannot blame any of them, even though some people were hurt. It looks like they both came a long way to the state where they are now. Free, in love with each other and without any fears and regrets.

As for Natalia’s husband, they officially divorced somewhere in October, when she changed her social media nickname’s back.
But it seems like they were apart for a while before that, as his last appearance in her vlogs were dated around September. Not to mention that Natalia said that even though she was straight, they would get divorced anyway.
Yes, no matter what happened and the actual storyline they seem very carefree and even with Dasha you can see that hiding it was not doing any good to her mental state.
Also, Natalia ex husband sounds like a shit piece of work.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can anyone translate or just resume what was said in the beginning of the interview where the interviewer was saying what certain people said about her coming out? and there was this particular old guy that said something and Daria put her hands in her head.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:08
Hazelnut wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 06:45

Yes, no matter what happened and the actual storyline they seem very carefree and even with Dasha you can see that hiding it was not doing any good to her mental state.
Also, Natalia ex husband sounds like a shit piece of work.
I was trying to find more information about Natalia’s ex-husband (in Russian), but I failed (😅) as there are only few interviews with them from 2020 and the last time they appeared together in public was in September 2021 on a movie premiere. Oh, it he also deleted all his social media profiles after a divorce with Natalia.
I should also mention that he was the director for the “Unbroken” documentary movie. The film tells about two sports couples in figure skating, Russians Natalya Zabiyako and Alexander Enbert and Americans Ashley Kane-Gribble and Timothy LeDuc, who train under the guidance of one of the most titled coaches in the world, Nina Moser.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:41
Can anyone translate or just resume what was said in the beginning of the interview where the interviewer was saying what certain people said about her coming out? and there was this particular old guy that said something and Daria put her hands in her head.
Some old senile Russian biathlon athlete said that no man would want to be with her now. Kasatkina found this hilarious said the old man didn't understand anything and someone should explain it to him that the whole purpose of the coming out is that she doesn't want men.

Hazelnut
Reactions:

Post by Hazelnut »

Guest wrote:
Xenia quoted some phrases that Russian public figures said about Daria’s previous interview and coming out.
I’m not sure I can be 100 percent correct with the translation, but I’ll do my best (sorry for silly mistakes!).

Yevgeny Kafelnikov said:
“I understand that this interview was sanctioned by Ms. Sofya Tartakova, and all questions were asked only at her suggestion.
She screwed them.”
Note: Sofya is Daria and Andrey Rublev’s PR manager and a host at Match TV (biggest Russian sports media, belongs to Gazprom group).
Daria answered:
“This interview wasn’t edited at all. It aired the way it was filmed by Vitya and his team. Nothing was changed or cut. I was prepared for all questions asked, there were no provocative ones.”

Four-time Olympic champion and former president of the Russian Biathlon Union (RBU) Alexander Tikhonov said:
“Daria is a pretty and interesting girl, but which of the men needs her now? Now it’s all public and I doubt anyone wants to be with her.”
Daria laughed and said:
“Can someone explain the deal to him? People were talking about it for 3 days and he hasn’t figured it out…that I don’t need man… Well, he is pretty old, so… Just explain the deal to him!”

Biysultan Khamzaev, a deputy in the State Duma said:
“Her words are just freaking (couldn’t find a better word) propaganda and she did it in an attempt to improve her chances of switching her nationality.”
Daria laughed again answered:
“So let’s write it down. Now I am writing to the immigration service of some country: ‘Guys, I’m for girls, so give me a passport’. Please.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 14:11
Guest wrote:
Some old senile Russian biathlon athlete said that no man would want to be with her now. Kasatkina found this hilarious said the old man didn't understand anything and someone should explain it to him that the whole purpose of the coming out is that she doesn't want men.
Some people are :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks to everyone who translated what the old fart and other farts said.
Men can be so ignorant, especially the old man, he acts like he never saw a gay person in his life (and who knows he probably didn't)

Good for Dasha, for standing up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 16:11
Thanks to everyone who translated what the old fart and other farts said.
Men can be so ignorant, especially the old man, he acts like he never saw a gay person in his life (and who knows he probably didn't)

Good for Dasha, for standing up.
OT