Vivianne Miedema and Beth Mead (Dutch and English footballer couple)

Reactions:

Re: Vivianne Miedema and Beth Mead (Dutch and English footballer couple)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jan 2024, 22:50
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 18:20
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 18:13
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 11:44
They are the sweetest couple! Kinda hope an engagement comes for them soon 💍 Vivs photo dump yesterday too 🥰
They could be like Magda and Pernille. No engagement after 12 years depends if you want to get married or not. But having a puppy together is a real commitment :heart:
That is very true!!!

I’m sure 1 if not both of them have mentioned both marriage & children in interviews though
I know they’ve both mentioned wanting to have children, not sure if I’ve heard about marriage but I’d love them to get engaged 💍 Although I’m not sure with how long Viv and Lisa were together but that step was never taken.
Well Viv did talk about having kids while she was with LE and there was that ring Viv wore most of that season where at the start ppl thought they’d got engaged.

The way woso relationships go I wouldn’t rule out marriage and kids or a breakup when new contracts are done. I think Viv stays at Arsenal for another 2 years past this season but by then she’ll be 30 and she won’t get that move to a bigger club. This is a really important time for her career if she gets back to pre-ACL form this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 00:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 11:44
They are the sweetest couple! Kinda hope an engagement comes for them soon 💍 Vivs photo dump yesterday too 🥰
They could be like Magda and Pernille. No engagement after 12 years depends if you want to get married or not. But having a puppy together is a real commitment :heart:
That is very true!!!

I’m sure 1 if not both of them have mentioned both marriage & children in interviews though
I know they’ve both mentioned wanting to have children, not sure if I’ve heard about marriage but I’d love them to get engaged 💍 Although I’m not sure with how long Viv and Lisa were together but that step was never taken.
Well Viv did talk about having kids while she was with LE and there was that ring Viv wore most of that season where at the start ppl thought they’d got engaged.

The way woso relationships go I wouldn’t rule out marriage and kids or a breakup when new contracts are done. I think Viv stays at Arsenal for another 2 years past this season but by then she’ll be 30 and she won’t get that move to a bigger club. This is a really important time for her career if she gets back to pre-ACL form this season.
Ok. Well i live in the now. And they are so cute and perfect together right now and that’s the most important thing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 05:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That is very true!!!

Ok. Well i live in the now. And they are so cute and perfect together right now and that’s the most important thing
I agree, I very much live in the now too & they really are perfect together!

Don’t think it’s fair to compare their past relationships to now as both were with previous partners a long time & time means nothing clearly in the case of DVD who has now got engaged.

I agree Viv will stay for a few more years but I wouldn’t be surprised if she then retires to enable her dream of having children.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 09:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That is very true!!!

Don’t think it’s fair to compare their past relationships to now as both were with previous partners a long time & time means nothing clearly in the case of DVD who has now got engaged.

I agree Viv will stay for a few more years but I wouldn’t be surprised if she then retires to enable her dream of having children.
Time means nothing in the case of any relationship. You can be with someone for ten years and it may not be with the right person. Then you meet the person you just know is your soulmate. I’ve never seen a post of Danielle and Ellie together where the adoration they have for each other doesn’t jump off the screen. Happy for them! Along that same line….Beth and Viv have that too. It just looks different. Both couples are clearly very happy and that’s what matters. Everyone won in the end

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 11:16
Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 09:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Time means nothing in the case of any relationship. You can be with someone for ten years and it may not be with the right person. Then you meet the person you just know is your soulmate. I’ve never seen a post of Danielle and Ellie together where the adoration they have for each other doesn’t jump off the screen. Happy for them! Along that same line….Beth and Viv have that too. It just looks different. Both couples are clearly very happy and that’s what matters. Everyone won in the end
You’ve said it so much better than how I did but with what I wanted to say!

Time means nothing! You’re right they both won in the end they just show it to their new partners differently!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have any possible explanations as to why Viv isn’t training with Arsenal other than the one I’m trying to avoid? 😢

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 23:21
Does anyone have any possible explanations as to why Viv isn’t training with Arsenal other than the one I’m trying to avoid? 😢
Viv is a delicate flower when it comes to training. Unless she wasn’t on the plane I very much doubt she’s not there but was ‘not feeling it’ The other reason she misses training sessions besides being ‘ill’ is for media duties. She’s often doing press while others are training at Colney. If there was any hint of her being sold there would have already been leaks. So please calm down.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 23:51
Guest wrote:
Viv is a delicate flower when it comes to training. Unless she wasn’t on the plane I very much doubt she’s not there but was ‘not feeling it’ The other reason she misses training sessions besides being ‘ill’ is for media duties. She’s often doing press while others are training at Colney. If there was any hint of her being sold there would have already been leaks. So please calm down.
This. I’m fairly sure she either isn’t feeling well or maybe her knee is bugging her a bit and did gym work today. There would have been some hint if she was leaving and I really honestly doubt she would switch teams right as she is coming back from her ACL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 00:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This. I’m fairly sure she either isn’t feeling well or maybe her knee is bugging her a bit and did gym work today. There would have been some hint if she was leaving and I really honestly doubt she would switch teams right as she is coming back from her ACL.
Especially when she’s nowhere near back from that acl injury. And if her knee is still a problem then there’s not a single club that will take her. She needs a top tier end to the season just to justify any increase in salary on her next contract with Arsenal. Like I’m genuinely concerned over her comeback level and if she’ll ever be as good as she was. She 28 this summer. This injury sucks and I’ve watched her play for years but she’s not getting back as easily as we all hoped she would.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 00:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Especially when she’s nowhere near back from that acl injury. And if her knee is still a problem then there’s not a single club that will take her. She needs a top tier end to the season just to justify any increase in salary on her next contract with Arsenal. Like I’m genuinely concerned over her comeback level and if she’ll ever be as good as she was. She 28 this summer. This injury sucks and I’ve watched her play for years but she’s not getting back as easily as we all hoped she would.
I wish people would stop bigging up Beth’s comeback. I heard Leah Williamson talk at length about how inspiring Beth’s comeback had been. She also had a couple Instagram posts etc. All I could think about was how Viv would be taking that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 00:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I wish people would stop bigging up Beth’s comeback. I heard Leah Williamson talk at length about how inspiring Beth’s comeback had been. She also had a couple Instagram posts etc. All I could think about was how Viv would be taking that.
Yeah it’s probably hard for Viv to see Beth come back flying. Obviously she has come back into form pretty quickly, but it’s not always like that. Look at Alexia who came back and then started having problems and recently had another small surgery to see what the problem was. Then there are others who still haven’t even come back over a year later (Press, Macario). The injury/recovery is so different for each person and probably hard when the live and train together for Viv not to be coming back as fast as she would like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 01:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah it’s probably hard for Viv to see Beth come back flying. Obviously she has come back into form pretty quickly, but it’s not always like that. Look at Alexia who came back and then started having problems and recently had another small surgery to see what the problem was. Then there are others who still haven’t even come back over a year later (Press, Macario). The injury/recovery is so different for each person and probably hard when the live and train together for Viv not to be coming back as fast as she would like.
I think that Viv is well aware that her mental recovery is also a much bigger holdback for her than it is for Beth, Viv knows she won’t mentally jump back in to the place she was before injuring herself, and easily making all of these moves she has to. It’s good that she’s self aware and knows Beth has that ability to just not think about things as an advantage in her recovery, rather than her wondering why she isn’t at Beth’s level right now and comparing herself. The girls know every one person’s recovery from an injury will never be the same, and we can see that Viv and Beth’s personalities and them as people reflect how they can happen differently.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 02:41
Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 01:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think that Viv is well aware that her mental recovery is also a much bigger holdback for her than it is for Beth, Viv knows she won’t mentally jump back in to the place she was before injuring herself, and easily making all of these moves she has to. It’s good that she’s self aware and knows Beth has that ability to just not think about things as an advantage in her recovery, rather than her wondering why she isn’t at Beth’s level right now and comparing herself. The girls know every one person’s recovery from an injury will never be the same, and we can see that Viv and Beth’s personalities and them as people reflect how they can happen differently.
Viv’s injury was worse than Beth’s though so you can’t compare. Viv did her acl and mcl and also took tissue from her good knee so it’s crazy to expect them to be back in the same way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone seems anything to indicate why Viv doesn’t seem to have joined the team in Portugal?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 14:52
Anyone seems anything to indicate why Viv doesn’t seem to have joined the team in Portugal?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It must have come up as I was typing my message on here 😂 nice to see her there & that massive smile! 😊

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 15:35
It must have come up as I was typing my message on here 😂 nice to see her there & that massive smile! 😊
It is! So much love for her ❤️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 18:16
Guest wrote:
So much love for both of them - both of their smiles could light up a room!

I read Vivs column yesterday in the Dutch Newspaper- basically her talking about Beth & then saying how she’s never felt more at home than she does with Arsenal! 🥰

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 18:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I read Vivs column yesterday in the Dutch Newspaper- basically her talking about Beth & then saying how she’s never felt more at home than she does with Arsenal! 🥰
She was either training in the gym or avoiding the camera. But it’s good to see pictures today of Viv and Beth with massive smiles. Must feel great to be able to train again with the team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Do you know where to access a translation of the article?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 19:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Do you know where to access a translation of the article?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How long have they been together now? Unofficially must be coming up 2 years - officially 2 years in June? ❤️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 14:13
How long have they been together now? Unofficially must be coming up 2 years - officially 2 years in June? ❤️
If you go off Beth’s book, first kiss was “spring” and she told her Mom that they were dating towards the end of March, so dating nearly 2 years and yes officially together end of June I think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 20:45
Guest wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 14:13
If you go off Beth’s book, first kiss was “spring” and she told her Mom that they were dating towards the end of March, so dating nearly 2 years and yes officially together end of June I think.
That’s what I was going off in Beth’s book & when she told her Mum.

Can’t believe it’ll be her mums year anniversary tomorrow! 😢 🕊️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Every other thread is so toxic and it’s so nice that this one isn’t. We can say that Beth and DVD are doing so well and that it’s nice to see them both thriving without it turning into a toxicity fest. So refreshing! No one should be anything but happy for any of Beth/Viv/DVD/Ellie and I think we genuinely do have that here. Lovely stuff!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 11:36
Every other thread is so toxic and it’s so nice that this one isn’t. We can say that Beth and DVD are doing so well and that it’s nice to see them both thriving without it turning into a toxicity fest. So refreshing! No one should be anything but happy for any of Beth/Viv/DVD/Ellie and I think we genuinely do have that here. Lovely stuff!
I had a nosey over at some of the other threads & cannot believe the level that some of them stoop to! 😳

We seem to be able to behave like adults on this thread & have a discussion without turning to name calling!

It’s quite clear that all 4 are happy!

DVD & Ellie are very happy especially with the engagement!

Viv & Beth are extremely happy & now have Myle!

They’ve grown up & moved on everyone else can see that & except it & are happy for them! It’s down to people comparing past relationships that they’re no longer in!

I for one absolutely love Viv & Beth together they’ve got something really special 🥰

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can’t believe how quickly the year has come round & it already being the 1 year anniversary for June 🕊️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seems like Viv got her goal in the friendly they played today!

AWFC also put up a lovely photo of Beth & Viv from behind! ❤️🤍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm so glad they have eachother and they where able to spend some time at the beach yesterday just them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 23:08
I'm so glad they have eachother and they where able to spend some time at the beach yesterday just them
I agree was so lovely to see them have some them time at the beach.

They work so well together & support each other so much!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What’s with all the rumours of Chelsea & Viv & that she apparently wants to leave? 😢

Hoping they are just rumours! Especially after her column the other day in the Dutch newspaper saying how at home she feels at Arsenal & she’s never felt like this anywhere else!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 13:14
What’s with all the rumours of Chelsea & Viv & that she apparently wants to leave? 😢

Hoping they are just rumours! Especially after her column the other day in the Dutch newspaper saying how at home she feels at Arsenal & she’s never felt like this anywhere else!
Dou you have a source to this runmors, i haven't seen anything. Chelsea fans on my tl dont want to buy a new forward and want to support fishel and abj. so i don't think it's coming from chelsea's end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 13:18
Guest wrote:

Dou you have a source to this runmors, i haven't seen anything. Chelsea fans on my tl dont want to buy a new forward and want to support fishel and abj. so i don't think it's coming from chelsea's end.
It was on Ian Wright’s podcast. He didn’t say she was going there, just that Chelsea would be wise to try to get her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 13:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It was on Ian Wright’s podcast. He didn’t say she was going there, just that Chelsea would be wise to try to get her.
She’s one the of the best players in the world so it’s only natural that clubs should/will what her, but that’s not to say she will want them.

I think a lot will depend on the second half of the season and if they secure CL qualification, and I doubt we will know one way or the other until the end of the season, which means unfortunately people are going to speculate until her contract is up.

But I do think since they both did their ACLs that maybe the focus has changed and it’s about finding the right balance between being happy on the pitch and off the pitch and it’s more than just trophies now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 14:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She’s one the of the best players in the world so it’s only natural that clubs should/will what her, but that’s not to say she will want them.

I think a lot will depend on the second half of the season and if they secure CL qualification, and I doubt we will know one way or the other until the end of the season, which means unfortunately people are going to speculate until her contract is up.

But I do think since they both did their ACLs that maybe the focus has changed and it’s about finding the right balance between being happy on the pitch and off the pitch and it’s more than just trophies now.
This comment is weird cause ian is saying chelsea should look into her nothing to indicate chelsea is interested. chelsea bought fishel to gradually take over sam. her and abj will simply be on accelerated timeline now. add maika hamano, lj and cat in feb or so and they are not even looknig for a new striker.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 15:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This comment is weird cause ian is saying chelsea should look into her nothing to indicate chelsea is interested. chelsea bought fishel to gradually take over sam. her and abj will simply be on accelerated timeline now. add maika hamano, lj and cat in feb or so and they are not even looknig for a new striker.
What is weird about my comment? I didn’t mention Chelsea at all, I said clubs will be interested, which is true last time Barcelona was interested among other clubs, I was just saying that unfortunately until Viv (and Arsenal) decide what they are doing there is going to be speculation about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 18:36
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 15:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What is weird about my comment? I didn’t mention Chelsea at all, I said clubs will be interested, which is true last time Barcelona was interested among other clubs, I was just saying that unfortunately until Viv (and Arsenal) decide what they are doing there is going to be speculation about it.
Just read that back and it sounds a bit aggressive, not my intention just genuinely curious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emma Hayes tries to sign both Beth and Viv for years. She wants them badly. I don’t know if your a arsenal fan. But going from arsenal to chelsea would be horrid. Same as a chelsea player would go to arsenal.
Ian said it would be wise for chelsea. Not that viv would go. Meanwhile they are back home dancing with Myle being unbothered

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:20
Emma Hayes tries to sign both Beth and Viv for years. She wants them badly. I don’t know if your a arsenal fan. But going from arsenal to chelsea would be horrid. Same as a chelsea player would go to arsenal.
Ian said it would be wise for chelsea. Not that viv would go. Meanwhile they are back home dancing with Myle being unbothered
I don't know about Viv, but Beth is Arsenal. No way does she ever go to Chelsea.

Viv doesn't really have a lot of options though if she is looking for a club that can match what she is on at Arsenal, go further in the Champions League and means that she doesn't need to do long distance with Beth. She already flaked out on Barca when she was with Lisa, no way does she go overseas now that she has a partner that really doesn't seem to like LDRs and with whom she shares a dog.

I genuinely can't see Viv at Chelsea though. It would be like Millie Bright going to Arsenal - super weird.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:27
Guest wrote:
I don't know about Viv, but Beth is Arsenal. No way does she ever go to Chelsea.

Viv doesn't really have a lot of options though if she is looking for a club that can match what she is on at Arsenal, go further in the Champions League and means that she doesn't need to do long distance with Beth. She already flaked out on Barca when she was with Lisa, no way does she go overseas now that she has a partner that really doesn't seem to like LDRs and with whom she shares a dog.

I genuinely can't see Viv at Chelsea though. It would be like Millie Bright going to Arsenal - super weird.
I don’t think Viv will leave this transfer season. She always said in interviews she choses private life above her professional career. And not just Beth but all the girls at Arsenal are very close. For Viv there’s also Lotte, and Victoria.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If she did want to leave Arsenal, where would she, realistically, go then?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She wouldn’t not right now. In the future maybe an entire different league in the us?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She wouldn’t not right now. In the future maybe an entire different league in the us?
That’s what I was going to say she’s also said (more so recently) her personal life & mental health will always come first - like you’ve said she’s got an amazing & strong relationship with Beth & then close friendships with Viv, Lotte, Laura! They’ve also got Myle now that’s a massive commitment & obviously would have been discussed in depth!

If she does leave it’ll be to retire & more than likely just 1 season at her childhood club Feyenoord!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 20:00
Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 19:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That’s what I was going to say she’s also said (more so recently) her personal life & mental health will always come first - like you’ve said she’s got an amazing & strong relationship with Beth & then close friendships with Viv, Lotte, Laura! They’ve also got Myle now that’s a massive commitment & obviously would have been discussed in depth!

If she does leave it’ll be to retire & more than likely just 1 season at her childhood club Feyenoord!
I agree with you. And then become the coach. she already has sports degree and the uefa ones. Plus she’s very football smart. I’m not to worried. She’s happy where she is, she talked about mental health and how important it is. Arsenal team is just close, even the staff were crying at the return of them both

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Unless Arsenal massively lowball her when her contract is up for renewal (which is speculated to be this year) for whatever reason. Viv has said she is the highest salaried player in WSL, which means she is earning more than Sam Kerr and Alessia Russo who are both on 500k. But she is not back yet and Arsenal have made some big transfer moves to cover her that have not come cheap. Still doesn't fix the problem of where she would go, so maybe would take a reduction in salary to stay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 20:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Unless Arsenal massively lowball her when her contract is up for renewal (which is speculated to be this year) for whatever reason. Viv has said she is the highest salaried player in WSL, which means she is earning more than Sam Kerr and Alessia Russo who are both on 500k. But she is not back yet and Arsenal have made some big transfer moves to cover her that have not come cheap. Still doesn't fix the problem of where she would go, so maybe would take a reduction in salary to stay?
She said it in jest. People mostly trolls want to use it against her.
And why would Arsenal low ball her? She has a reputation she remains Vivianne Miedema. Arsenal isnt stupid. Anyways why discuss hypothetical situations?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Macario is on a staggered contract at Chelsea that changes as she becomes match fit. They might do the same for Viv when she renews. Arsenals wage bill has gone through the roof the last couple of years. Not to mention transfer fees.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyways this kit is made for Viv

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I don't think she cares about the money. She cares about staying at the same club as Beth. She'll renew in June, probably for another two years or whatever aligns with Beth's contract expiry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 20:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I don't think she cares about the money. She cares about staying at the same club as Beth. She'll renew in June, probably for another two years or whatever aligns with Beth's contract expiry.
I agree, I don’t think she cares about the money. I think her main focus is her family & that’s Beth! I think she’ll renew like you said to align with Beth & both retire together more than likely to go into coaching & start a family as thats something she’s mentioned before that she would love to be a mum one day!