Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

<_<
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:04
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:59
Is there a reason he isn’t starting Nobbs? Or using Mana more?

I do think both would make a difference with that mid especially Jordan.

He has to switch that up before Barca
His treatment of Nobbs is head scratcher for sure
Da I wonder if she doesn’t ask for a transfer in January. I think she should be gone after the season for sure, for her own sake. I know she was injured earlier but she is better than what they are putting out there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Millie Bright getting it in the head with the lid of the cup and Sam Kerr chugging champagne was hilarious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:nails:
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

As a Chelsea fan, it is perplexing not to see Nobbs play more. Has she been bad with the time she’s been given? The midfield was not it today.

So proud of Chelsea’s back line as well. Carter was shaky in the first half at times but she had a great game otherwise. Everyone really showed up today. Impressive considering the international break.
I guess jonas rate frida more than jordan....however what he didnt realised is that the starting midfielder of his was already proven disastrous in 4 occasions (against aston villa, barcelona, man utd and this fa cup final)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Think Viv will enjoy the weather in Barcelona…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

English banter :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:14
:nails:
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

As a Chelsea fan, it is perplexing not to see Nobbs play more. Has she been bad with the time she’s been given? The midfield was not it today.

So proud of Chelsea’s back line as well. Carter was shaky in the first half at times but she had a great game otherwise. Everyone really showed up today. Impressive considering the international break.
I guess jonas rate frida more than jordan....however what he didnt realised is that the starting midfielder of his was already proven disastrous in 4 occasions (against aston villa, barcelona, man utd and this fa cup final)
Exactly, he is so stubborn

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New thread with the same troll. :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:12
<_<
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da I wonder if she doesn’t ask for a transfer in January. I think she should be gone after the season for sure, for her own sake. I know she was injured earlier but she is better than what they are putting out there.
I really didn’t want her to leave but I think she might, because his “rotating” starting line-ups is also affecting her international career.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Arsenal NEEDED Williamson. That was the biggest difference between this game and the league opener. And also Hayes started Kirby and Kerr. Second round of league games will be interesting certainly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

always funny

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:46
Never thought I would say this, but Carter has been good
Agree. Some are quick to slag her off as soon as she does a less good action, even if sad action was the only bad thing she did in a game. They have the image of Carter from the CL final on their minds. She's improved since. Now she needs to keep performing good for consistancy. The real test will come against Juventus but I seem to remember she did well in the away leg against them.

With that said the Chelsea midfield covered the backline and gave the CBs support. That was what didn't work quite as well before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:16
She seemed like she had a total of 30 seconds on the ball today, Blues backline absolutely pocketed her. Viv looked so dejected when they lost...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:21
Arsenal NEEDED Williamson. That was the biggest difference between this game and the league opener. And also Hayes started Kirby and Kerr. Second round of league games will be interesting certainly.
X2 the slowly asses of Jen and Moy totally disater I love Jen but no!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:06
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:47
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:40
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:33
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:22

Not an arsenal fan. Their midfield barely did much against barca but things changed when heath came on
Parris did too so that’s not saying much about Heath.
Heath had an assist parris didn't?
Heath only had an assist because Parris won the free kick for her .
Winning a freekick is in no way comparable to taking one and getting an assist
But she wouldn’t have even had that assist if it weren’t for someone winning her that set piece to even take :rofl:
So you using a set piece assist to say Heath was good, you better give credit to the person that won it because she wouldn’t have had that assist otherwise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:26
Guest wrote:
Agree. Some are quick to slag her off as soon as she does a less good action, even if sad action was the only bad thing she did in a game. They have the image of Carter from the CL final on their minds. She's improved since. Now she needs to keep performing good for consistancy. The real test will come against Juventus but I seem to remember she did well in the away leg against them.

With that said the Chelsea midfield covered the backline and gave the CBs support. That was what didn't work quite as well before.
Defenders always cop the blame. They can play 90% of the game great, but if they make mistakes during the other 10% that's all anyone remembers. Tough position to be in, but pleased with Carter's good performance.

But also what a difference from that first league match where Kerr didn't start (or maybe not even play at all??).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not engaging anything to do with Heath but it should be pointed out that Heath was a midfielder, not a forward from 2008-2016 just fyi. She wasn't a forward until the US changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3. Same as Rapinoe. Anyways continue, or stop whatever.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 15:22

Not an arsenal fan. Their midfield barely did much against barca but things changed when heath came on
Your right.The player getting the freekick worked hard to get it, while Heat comes in and playes a ball in, without any accuracy and is lucky it hit someone/anyone.da.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:27
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:16
She seemed like she had a total of 30 seconds on the ball today, Blues backline absolutely pocketed her. Viv looked so dejected when they lost...
I do think she loves Arsenal but realizes the jig is up there. And if she has ambitions to win Champions League then she’s gotta leave.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:30
Not engaging anything to do with Heath but it should be pointed out that Heath was a midfielder, not a forward from 2008-2016 just fyi. She wasn't a forward until the US changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3. Same as Rapinoe. Anyways continue, or stop whatever.
Heath was a wide forward which Arsenal doesn’t use. So I’m am not sure the point of bringing this up. If it’s to point out she’s playing out of her natural position the last few years, well then get over it because a lot of players (especially on that national team) play out of their natural positions.

guestie
Veteran
Reactions: 153

Post by guestie »

Telford doing an insta live from the Chelsea celebrations.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What is the point of this comment?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Arsenal have been playing better without Miedema this season. If she leaves it'll be good for her and for the team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:32
Guest wrote:
Heath was a wide forward which Arsenal doesn’t use. So I’m am not sure the point of bringing this up. If it’s to point out she’s playing out of her natural position the last few years, well then get over it because a lot of players (especially on that national team) play out of their natural positions.
Wide midfielder*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Someone brought up her stats but i didn't feel like replying to because I want no real part of it. I just felt like it should be pointed out. To be completely honest, I'm American and I didn't want her on the Olympic squad at all but I just felt like there should be honesty with what people are discussing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
And…?

Also FYI just because you’re not quoting a conversation doesn’t mean you’re not engaging 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

But she wouldn’t have even had that assist if it weren’t for someone winning her that set piece to even take :rofl:
So you using a set piece assist to say Heath was good, you better give credit to the person that won it because she wouldn’t have had that assist otherwise.
Heath can win a freekick herself(as can any other player) could parris have put in a great freekick like heath? Possibly, but doubtful

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
No that wasn't the only difference you deluded arsenal fan. Even if she and Heath or Nobbs started they could have still lost with 3 goals or more. Chelsea had a plan for them no matter who played for Arsenal and they executed their plan to perfection. You are selectively forgetting this Chelsea side have spanked Arsenal's ass since the season arsenal won the league comfortably. And the earlier game these two teams played, chelsea were not in match form as they have played less and had less time to prepare for that and they also lost by offside goal. Arsenal were just lucky and today they didn't have that luck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da Take this sit back to the US thread. We don’t care. We get your dont like Heath or don’t rate her. But we don’t care!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Someone brought up her stats but i didn't feel like replying to because I want no real part of it. I just felt like it should be pointed out. To be completely honest, I'm American and I didn't want her on the Olympic squad at all but I just felt like there should be honesty with what people are discussing.
Yet Rapinoe’s stats are still amazing (and she didn’t start padding her stats with PKs until 2109) even though they played in the midfield for most of their time
I don’t think you made the point you were trying to make.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
No. The biggest difference from the season opener was that Arsenal had already played CL and were further ahead in their preparations. The Chelsea they met in this final is in season. I never doubted Chelsea would be able to defeat Arsenal later on. They barely defeated an out of form Chelsea with that off side goal. Should've been a draw.

Arsenal has defensive problems. It's not on the defenders. The issue is they don''t get any support from the midfield and they don't take max sprints to place themselves between the attacking player and the goal. That creates huge spaces for the opponents to exploit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

🐐

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:38
Guest wrote:
No that wasn't the only difference you deluded arsenal fan. Even if she and Heath or Nobbs started they could have still lost with 3 goals or more. Chelsea had a plan for them no matter who played for Arsenal and they executed their plan to perfection. You are selectively forgetting this Chelsea side have spanked Arsenal's ass since the season arsenal won the league comfortably. And the earlier game these two teams played, chelsea were not in match form as they have played less and had less time to prepare for that and they also lost by offside goal. Arsenal were just lucky and today they didn't have that luck.
I'm a Chelsea fan :rofl:
sorry not reading the rest after your first sentence :rofl:

Block
Veteran
Reactions: 192

Post by Block »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Why doesn’t she have more assists then

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is Heath being discussed here? On both sides. My gosh. Stop. She didn’t play today. Shut up. Seriously. And now you are talking about her US career so that it to THAT thread

Also you all are responding to the resident Heath troll. And giving them the attention they want

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poor Bright getting knocked by the lid of the trophy :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:46
Poor Bright getting knocked by the lid of the trophy :lol:
She kept holding it like a trooper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:41
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:38
Guest wrote:
I'm a Chelsea fan :rofl:
sorry not reading the rest after your first sentence :rofl:
da Am a neutral and agreed, Leah was needed solely for her pace. That second goal, Lotte looked like a deer caught in headlight. Not sure whether she's actually very slow or she was hesitating but her reaction to that was terrible, like she was moving in slow motion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your right.The player getting the freekick worked hard to get it, while Heat comes in and playes a ball in, without any accuracy and is lucky it hit someone/anyone.da.
No she just got kicked, anyone can get kicked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Think Arsenal can bounce back for Thursday? I just hope the ref is good. Wubben-Moy is going to seriously hurt someone one day and McCabe is unnecessarily aggressive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:29
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:26
Guest wrote:

Defenders always cop the blame. They can play 90% of the game great, but if they make mistakes during the other 10% that's all anyone remembers. Tough position to be in, but pleased with Carter's good performance.

But also what a difference from that first league match where Kerr didn't start (or maybe not even play at all??).
Same with keepers when they're hung out to dry by the backline. They get all the blame. Midfielders get away with more because they can "hide" more than keepers, defenders and forwards. Their mistakes aren't as noticeable to the naked eye.

Well, back then the Chelsea players came back from Olympics and the team didn't have a full pre season together. I don't think they had a single prep game with everyone back before the first league match. They weren't gamefit. Iirc Emma mentioned it was Millie's and Magda's first 90 minutes match. While Arsenal had already played 3 competitive matches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's please talk about some non-Heath topics. If you were to give some special appreciation to a player today, who would you give it to? Whose performance surprised you?

The entire Chels lineup was excellent today, but I'm going to give some special appreciation to Ingle. I know she's a bit of a background character in conversations as opposed to our star forwards, but she's so consistently solid and dependable. I thought she was superb today, fast in transition, neat and precise passes, and some key interceptions in tight spots (there were a few that would've proceeded to dangerous chances had she not intercepted them).

Glad we have her on our team ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:52
Think Arsenal can bounce back for Thursday? I just hope the ref is good. Wubben-Moy is going to seriously hurt someone one day and McCabe is unnecessarily aggressive.
Might as well play Anna Patten as a cb

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Arsenal are really gonna get straight up murdered in front of all those fans at the Emirates on Thursday if they play like that. #JonasOut

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:52
Gonna double the amount of yellows they got last time they played Barca 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Barcelona are missing CGH, Oshoala and maybe Mapi.

I don't think it's gonna be that bad.