International Women's Football - Part IV

Spain
Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Spain »

There is more Spanish media linking Ona with Chelsea and Arsenal, seems she likes england after all? :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 10:54
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 10:50
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 10:17
Feel bad for Shelina. She has built a life over the last few years in London but it's basically all tied in to Rosella - I hope she has good people around her at the moment too.

I hope they are both doing ok and can finish the season off with Spurs well and then I guess we shall see what happens then.
Are they leaving? Feels like Spurs could struggle even more next season if they don't get a good manager and some good players in
There are a lot of things pointing towards the two of them splitting, so I would imagine that they won't both then stay at Spurs next season if that is the case. Both of their contracts are out at the end of this season, and as of yet nothing has been said about what either are doing.
It would be hard enough dealing with a split during the season, having to either still live together or one of them must have moved out, so cannot imagine them both putting themselves through seeing each other everyday for another season.
Da Foord and Walti of Arsenal have gone through this exact same kind of mid-season split and Walti signed a new contract in spite of Foord still being there at least another year. Same with Mapi and AMC at Barca. It's not uncommon in this sport at all for exes to play on the same team, they just get on with it as professionally as possible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DAZN is a joke :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where is the Barca game :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:04
DAZN is a joke :rofl:
Yes, absolutely nuts. Their youtube coverage of Barcelona - Athletico Bilbao magically transformed into Villareal - Atletico Madrid for the first ten minutes of the second half

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting thread

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So if Jess Park doesn’t recover in time and is out of the World Cup who will be given her sport in England’s 23.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Feel bad for Shelina. She has built a life over the last few years in London but it's basically all tied in to Rosella - I hope she has good people around her at the moment too.

I hope they are both doing ok and can finish the season off with Spurs well and then I guess we shall see what happens then.
Are they leaving? Feels like Spurs could struggle even more next season if they don't get a good manager and some good players in
Da. Spurs will attract a good manger. With the players they've already got and the money their apparently willing to spend they are an attractive team. For whatever reasons it just hasn't worked this season, maybe too much expectation to follow up on the good season they had last year.

I definitely think spurs will want to keep hold of shelina, the contract talks have maybe been put on hold to see if the team stay up (I'm sure they will) because there's no way she's playing in the championship. Ros on the other hand who knows, she hasn't exactly been a star player for them. A spell in another league like France could be really good for her, she seems really keen on learning French so that would be helpful for her international play.

Really does depend on if the split was a bitter one (I'm still not 100% convinced they have), their relationship could have hit the fan for reasons to do with where their both playing next year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If there's one thing I've learnt from Barcelona's matches is that they need to find a clinical forward as soon as possible. They create so many chances but cannot convert anything. They've relied a lot this season on Aitana and CGH since she's come back from injury.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:27
If there's one thing I've learnt from Barcelona's matches is that they need to find a clinical forward as soon as possible. They create so many chances but cannot convert anything. They've relied a lot this season on Aitana and CGH since she's come back from injury.
What's more important for Barca to find at the moment, a clinical finisher or a solid RB?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
X2. And it will start to be an over reliance if things don’t change soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:
What's more important for Barca to find at the moment, a clinical finisher or a solid RB?
A clinical finisher.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bonmati and Patri out, Alexia and Mariona in. Walsh came in for Engen... I mean, talk about a deep bench! They can swap 11 without dropping quality, on paper at least.

The Champions League final is definitely going to be interesting. Wolfsburg is clinical, Barça is more creative, but unpredictable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. Spurs will attract a good manger. With the players they've already got and the money their apparently willing to spend they are an attractive team. For whatever reasons it just hasn't worked this season, maybe too much expectation to follow up on the good season they had last year.

I definitely think spurs will want to keep hold of shelina, the contract talks have maybe been put on hold to see if the team stay up (I'm sure they will) because there's no way she's playing in the championship. Ros on the other hand who knows, she hasn't exactly been a star player for them. A spell in another league like France could be really good for her, she seems really keen on learning French so that would be helpful for her international play.

Really does depend on if the split was a bitter one (I'm still not 100% convinced they have), their relationship could have hit the fan for reasons to do with where their both playing next year.
There's just quite a lot of things adding up, but I suppose there could be other viable reasons for those things aside from a breakup too. Guess time will tell. Just so strange that everything seemed good, Shelina openly thanked her partner in her post about her illnesses, she spent Easter with Ros' family even though she wasn't there, she posted a photo walking their dogs with Ros sister and her boyfriend and then within a matter of days was deleting posts and then everything has been off since then. I cannot imagine anything bad like cheating has happened, so maybe they were struggling for a while and it just came to an end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alexia is getting even fewer minutes this match than the last, which was already a few minutes less than the previous one.

Whatever media outlet posted she would be a starter in Eindhoven is full of bs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is Atletico Madrid so bad this year??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Spain wrote:
13 May 2023, 10:58
There is more Spanish media linking Ona with Chelsea and Arsenal, seems she likes england after all? :fingcross:
She likes WSL not England!😂 People here can shit on english ligue but true is that everything around the football there is bigger than elsewhere : media hype, advertising, average attendance, big brand teams - in this aspects they went further than others
But still, I believe that next season Ona end up in Barcelona

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well, Alexia is finished.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:54
So dramatic!
She just got back. Long recovery from a serious injury. This final part of the season is just for her to get back into it. Next season is going to be when we find out where she's at. She's hungry for more, let's give her a chance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I know this is a trolling attempt but realistically we aren’t going to see the real Alexia until mid next season. It’s too soon for her to be balling out after a 10 month injury and needs regain her physicality and game flow. I just hope she is basing realistic and this doesn’t frustrate her too much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nouwen is not starting for AC Milan..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Barca now has one meaningless game to go while Wolfsburg got a cup final and three league games they got to win because technically Bayern could still slip up...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:42
Alexia is getting even fewer minutes this match than the last, which was already a few minutes less than the previous one.

She herself and her PR/media team need to be realistic and not rush it. The risk of re injury is too high! Especially in physical, high impact matches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:05
Barca now has one meaningless game to go while Wolfsburg got a cup final and three league games they got to win because technically Bayern could still slip up...
i'm not sure which case is better/worse tbh? barca can rest more players, but maybe won't be in as good as a rhythm.
they should rest CGH for the last league game and put her in a bubble wrap, and she's the obvious difference maker atm.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:
I will answer this question after UWCL final :lol: Ideally both would be great for them. On one hand there's an unusual situation on the market that there are 2 world-class fullbacks available for free this summer. They would be dumb not to try sign at least one of them. On the other hand I think signing a clinical finisher would resolve all of their problems. And even with shaky defense they could deal with possible mistakes from their current RB by simply scoring more goals than their opponent. They have class midfielders and wingers who create tons of situation. I think even knowing that there are somebody there who would convert some of those situation would give them more peace and make them even better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:08
Guest wrote:
i'm not sure which case is better/worse tbh? barca can rest more players, but maybe won't be in as good as a rhythm.
they should rest CGH for the last league game and put her in a bubble wrap, and she's the obvious difference maker atm.
Exactly, both situations aren't ideal. On one hand you will have rested footballers but maybe a little bit rusty. On the other hand you might have more tired players but in a good match rhythm. It can be tricky and both managers will need to find the best way to deal with it and have their footballers in the best shape.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:01
Guest wrote:
I know this is a trolling attempt but realistically we aren’t going to see the real Alexia until mid next season. It’s too soon for her to be balling out after a 10 month injury and needs regain her physicality and game flow. I just hope she is basing realistic and this doesn’t frustrate her too much.
Yeah takes a while to get back to pre-ACL fitness and she wont before the final

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:21
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:08
Guest wrote:
Exactly, both situations aren't ideal. On one hand you will have rested footballers but maybe a little bit rusty. On the other hand you might have more tired players but in a good match rhythm. It can be tricky and both managers will need to find the best way to deal with it and have their footballers in the best shape.
Feels like Barca risk getting complacent. A champions league game is of higher intensity than their league games and they have been playing on half engine which could slip into their performance.

It's a problem they have in general with Jona is that they are not in good form this part of the season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:07
Guest wrote:

She herself and her PR/media team need to be realistic and not rush it. The risk of re injury is too high! Especially in physical, high impact matches.
Barca should really worry about her going the World Cup. She’s going to want to start games and Vilda isn’t going to try to manage her minutes.
Every player that comes back from a long term injury will be rusty, but it does look like she could have benefited from a couple more weeks of full intensity team training before coming back. Her period of full training was much shorter than the other ACL returns at Barca. I think she pushed it for the World Cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I see Oberdorf is happily sharing her GF on insta. Is this the first time she has done this openly or has she done this previously with others?. Wondering if this is her coming out, so to speak?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://instagram.com/stories/dallmannl ... M3MzIxNA==

Linda Dallamn posting a story about not understanding the Bayern coach is so funny. I thought Straus was German

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:57
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:07
Guest wrote:

Barca should really worry about her going the World Cup. She’s going to want to start games and Vilda isn’t going to try to manage her minutes.
Every player that comes back from a long term injury will be rusty, but it does look like she could have benefited from a couple more weeks of full intensity team training before coming back. Her period of full training was much shorter than the other ACL returns at Barca. I think she pushed it for the World Cup.
She pushed it more for a UWCL final than a World Cup imo. From what was said in media she was working with 4 physios and she still came back after almost 10 months. In every other club it's a usual time for a comeback. Plus, I think she's starting to look better with every match. The vision and creativity is still obviously there. The only thing she needs to get back is her physicality but she'll probably get back to her usual self sometime next season. Everything right now is more of a transitional period.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:01
Guest wrote:
there no way she sits in bench during wc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 09:49
Well, well, well…looks like Jenni Hermoso and Norma Palafox are getting more comfy posting photos together.

https://instagram.com/stories/jenniherm ... BiNWFlZA==
as a mexican myself this is funny :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We seriously need to have a conversation about CGH for Player of the Year for Barca. We would not even be in the UWCL if not for her. Ever since she's been back from injury, she's been clutch. Like I don't even know what happened today, but she broke the deadlock on pretty much a solo goal effort. It's bout time she gets her flowers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 13:00
I see Oberdorf is happily sharing her GF on insta. Is this the first time she has done this openly or has she done this previously with others?. Wondering if this is her coming out, so to speak?
People forget that Obi is only 21 years old. She's still so young, but this seems like her first "serious" gf, whatever that means for someone her age.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

does anyone know where to watch the Lyon-PSG match?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 13:45
Michelle is a boss! The faster she steps in and takes over from Textor, the better it will be for Lyon. I'm glad she is there today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:03
We seriously need to have a conversation about CGH for Player of the Year for Barca. We would not even be in the UWCL if not for her. Ever since she's been back from injury, she's been clutch. Like I don't even know what happened today, but she broke the deadlock on pretty much a solo goal effort. It's bout time she gets her flowers.
She would've been in that conversation a long time ago had she not missed a couple of months because of her injury. Girl is ridiculously good and I've always felt that she is one of the most decisive player in the world. She can create a goal or a dangerous situation out of nothing. I am here hoping that she will have an alright World Cup with Norway so general public will finally catch up on her and will give her well-deserved recognition.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:11
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:03
She would've been in that conversation a long time ago had she not missed a couple of months because of her injury. Girl is ridiculously good and I've always felt that she is one of the most decisive player in the world. She can create a goal or a dangerous situation out of nothing. I am here hoping that she will have an alright World Cup with Norway so general public will finally catch up on her and will give her well-deserved recognition.
i'm guessing Aitana will be Barca's POTY and there will be a bdO campaign.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Its crazy to me some fans in barca would say no to getting ada :lol: a healthy ada is the best killer striker

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:07
does anyone know where to watch the Lyon-PSG match?
France 2 channel in France, is it geoblocked on the Web ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:20
Its crazy to me some fans in barca would say no to getting ada :lol: a healthy ada is the best killer striker
Ada is fantastic! And now that Pernille is off to Bayern, Barca would be stupid not to at least try to get her.

OL 1 - PSG 0

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 13:47
Really sad how fast they went downhill and also very preventable. Last season they still had a chance for third place on the last matchday and were in the cup final. I still dont know what exactly prompted pretty much all important players to leave, but their squad this season was just not good enough to stay up. Essen with even less resources show that you can still compete well on the highest level as a womens only club, if you have a good coach and knowledgable sporting director

Next season they will have to get straight back up, otherwise they never will imo. It will not be easy for them with Meppen/Duisburg and the ambitious, newly promoted Hamburg and Viktoria Berlin plus Gütersloh as main rivals. Last season Sand went down after several seasons in the Bundesliga and they are nowhere near promotion. Jena is even close to getting relegated to the 3rd tier.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:24
Guest wrote:
Ada is fantastic! And now that Pernille is off to Bayern, Barca would be stupid not to at least try to get her.

OL 1 - PSG 0
Ada with the brace. Make that 2-0 to Lyon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I think the only reason there are people with some doubts about her is because of her health. Ada when healthy is probably the most clutch striker in the world but her last 3 years were pretty unfortunate. I do hope that the worst is already behind her though and she won't be bothered by the injuries anymore.