Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:53
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:50
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:46
On one hand, I think Ada should leave this maybe sinking ship. But on the other this might be the best fit for her with her injuries and maybe Kang will stay true to her words and keep it winning.
Did Ada express herself that she wants to leave Lyon? Or is it all just speculations because her contract is ending soon
She is frustrated with lack of development in French league in women's football and now with Lyons uncertainty who knows.
Thank you for replying nicely. It’s a rarity these says on this thread.
I think she’ll leave because eventhough Kang promises to invest and all that it’s still a guess if she indeed will do so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:15
Imagine Sam at Barca with a midfield of Patri Alexia and Aitana feeding her the balls. Barca would be unstoppable but it would never happen.

The fact is with the midfield they have Barca doesn't need a world class striker just a competent one and they can have that in Bruna if they give her decent game time to improve her game. Barca is truly sabotaging their b team/home grown players by focusing too much on outside talent.
Sam isn't exactly known for being clinical. She will mess up the easiest chances and score the most difficult ones. For me a clinical striker is somebody like Ada or MAK.
I kind of disagree with you. I think their fans are hyping up a bit too much their homegrown players making them better than they actually are. There are obviously some major talents but only a couple of them will even make it to the first team which is full of high-level footballers. And while it's important for them to keep some local players in a team, it's also important to be realistic and realise that all the answers won't be find in Barca B team player and looking onto the market is super important to stay on top.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:55
Guest wrote:
What is up with Leah being hot for that speshul type of look in women. Nm her poor taste and broken eyesight is not my business.
You people are insane for thinking Leah is fucking every person she’s pictured next to. This is the full pic, these 3 are really good friends:
A bullet dodged then for now. It's just insane to me that specific look would do it for someone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:55
Guest wrote:
What is up with Leah being hot for that speshul type of look in women. Nm her poor taste and broken eyesight is not my business.
You people are insane for thinking Leah is fucking every person she’s pictured next to. This is the full pic, these 3 are really good friends:
Just some fans who are way to invested into the players and the relationships.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
On one hand, I think Ada should leave this maybe sinking ship. But on the other this might be the best fit for her with her injuries and maybe Kang will stay true to her words and keep it winning.
Did Ada express herself that she wants to leave Lyon? Or is it all just speculations because her contract is ending soon
She is frustrated with lack of development in French league in women's football and now with Lyons uncertainty who knows.
I think she’ll leave because eventhough Kang promises to invest and all that it’s still a guess if she indeed will do so
many owners have promise to invest and nothing
she has 1 year to try to prove to her or she will leave

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:59
Guest wrote:
Imagine Sam at Barca with a midfield of Patri Alexia and Aitana feeding her the balls. Barca would be unstoppable but it would never happen.

The fact is with the midfield they have Barca doesn't need a world class striker just a competent one and they can have that in Bruna if they give her decent game time to improve her game. Barca is truly sabotaging their b team/home grown players by focusing too much on outside talent.
Sam isn't exactly known for being clinical. She will mess up the easiest chances and score the most difficult ones. For me a clinical striker is somebody like Ada or MAK.
I kind of disagree with you. I think their fans are hyping up a bit too much their homegrown players making them better than they actually are. There are obviously some major talents but only a couple of them will even make it to the first team which is full of high-level footballers. And while it's important for them to keep some local players in a team, it's also important to be realistic and realise that all the answers won't be find in Barca B team player and looking onto the market is super important to stay on top.
The point is homegrown player be given a fair chance to develop/prove themselves first before directly jumping to the market.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well maybe we are being too hasty lol. Above anon is right, next year will give us a better idea of where Lyon stands.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 17:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The point is homegrown player be given a fair chance to develop/prove themselves first before directly jumping to the market.
DA
Not every player from the academy will be an Aitana but yeah they should be given chances

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Barca's coach sees and trains that group of players almost every single day. Do you think he wouldn't give them a chance if he really believed that they might be a solution to his problems? That guy is a coach and he's responsible of the results. If the team fails to win UWCL all the blame will be put on him. I doubt he would sabotage his team like that on purpose. Plus he gives all the chances to Vicky or Salma. I mean, he might just not see in some of those homegrown players what you see in them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 17:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Barca's coach sees and trains that group of players almost every single day. Do you think he wouldn't give them a chance if he really believed that they might be a solution to his problems? That guy is a coach and he's responsible of the results. If the team fails to win UWCL all the blame will be put on him. I doubt he would sabotage his team like that on purpose. Plus he gives all the chances to Vicky or Salma. I mean, he might just not see in some of those homegrown players what you see in them.
I am saying if he has two flops in Osho and Geyse already why not risk it with Bruna and see if she can get better with more games instead of just repeating the same formula those two for the same predictable results over and over. Like at that point, what have they got to lose. He has been rotating players the last few games but in general he plays it too safe without taking any risk to a fault.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:29
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:18
This is sad. They were so good once

Time to say goodbye to a club that has once led women’s football in Europe by example but time has changed and the club couldn’t keep up with it…
Same will happened with Lyon i fear.
And so will Barca 10 yrs down the road. That's how it goes in football. No one stays number one forever.

Anyways this is too soon imp. Would have been nice to see Aulas raise it with the girls as one last hurrah but at least it shows she is interested in keeping them a winning team ig.

Aulas did raise it with the team too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pina and Gemma in the next game. Good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

CGH and a fan :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 17:36

CGH and a fan :angel:
🥰

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's happening here? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Heres hoping shell stay injury free. :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has Reiten ever been linked to a girl in the past?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think the best compliment for Aulas was to see how the players themselves bid him farewell these last couple of days. If people thank you so much when you leave, it means you really did a good job. And that's the best description of his merits to women's football.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 17:58
Think she dated a girl when she moved to Chelsea but don't think she's been linked with anyone for a while

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
https://tumblr.com/woso-couples/tagged/guro%20reiten

There is this but they also put Aitana as having a gf even tho she is straight so grain of salt

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:17
Guest wrote:

There is this but they also put Aitana as having a gf even tho she is straight so grain of salt
Guro Reiten is gay. She has come out in norwegian media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:33
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:28

"How nice it would be to see Alexia Putellas hand over the 2023 Ballon d'Or to Caroline Graham Hansen"

Alexia liked this. Something tells me it's also to do with not wanting to hand it over to Aitana.
:rofl:
what's the deal of Alexia vs Aitana? (I haven't followed/know nothing)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She said she is a lesbian?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The GOAT

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Considering how much hate Engen gets and how praised Keira is, it has to be the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Although I don't think it represents really well what kind of players they really are. In my opinion Keira does fit Barcelona better and imo she should play ahead of Ingrid, but Engen is definitely not as bad as people claim her to be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She said she is a lesbian?
It would be a win for us :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Considering how much hate Engen gets and how praised Keira is, it has to be the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Although I don't think it represents really well what kind of players they really are. In my opinion Keira does fit Barcelona better and imo she should play ahead of Ingrid, but Engen is definitely not as bad as people claim her to be.
In my opinion Keira is good player but she wasn't really needed. Patri should be the starter pivot. Those 400K could have been used better. Engen had a great season despite her injury and not having a lot of playing time. Sadly for her, she isn't bestie with AMC :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:47
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:16
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:27
If there's one thing I've learnt from Barcelona's matches is that they need to find a clinical forward as soon as possible. They create so many chances but cannot convert anything. They've relied a lot this season on Aitana and CGH since she's come back from injury.
What's more important for Barca to find at the moment, a clinical finisher or a solid RB?
I will answer this question after UWCL final :lol: Ideally both would be great for them. On one hand there's an unusual situation on the market that there are 2 world-class fullbacks available for free this summer. They would be dumb not to try sign at least one of them. On the other hand I think signing a clinical finisher would resolve all of their problems. And even with shaky defense they could deal with possible mistakes from their current RB by simply scoring more goals than their opponent. They have class midfielders and wingers who create tons of situation. I think even knowing that there are somebody there who would convert some of those situation would give them more peace and make them even better.
Yes, Barcelona really needs a ruthless killer up front.

I’ve always had the sense that they are ‘carrying’ Asisat, in the sense that she goes AWOL for three games out of five, somehow manages to miss sitters in a fourth, but is then absolutely brilliant in a fifth. Guessing many teams would be happy with that eventual payback, but Barcelona with its outrageously talented roster and its budget/resources should feel entitled to have elite expectations – and in my view Asisat’s consistent inconsistency doesn’t meet those.
It seems to be a focus / concentration issue, much like her almost inevitable offside calls when she pushes forward too soon on through balls.

Totally agree with comments above about CGH, and I’ve also been amazed to see that since her return she’s been faster (ie max speed achieved) than even Salma with her track background.

It seems clear to me over the years that killer instinct can’t be taught/coached, and though this may be unfair to some of their other younger players, right now only Salma, Claudia and maaaaybe Bruna look like they possess that.
Osho and Geyse flop anyways in front of the net so why not take risk with Bruna give her time to develop consistency instead of wasting games on players who most likely won't improve. At least Osho won't after all this time. I don't know why he so afriad to bring in bench players when some of the A team are clearly not delivering game after game.
I understand your point. My concern about Bruna is her size. I think it likely that at this stage in the development of our increasingly physical game, size and strength will continue to trump agility in a striker. Alex Popp (66kg) and Sam Kerr (66kg) might agree.
Overmuscling defenders is how Asisat (70kg) scores some of the goals that she does, but however nimble, Bruna (not published, but maybe 50kg?) is small and light.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Was just reminded that Walsh is the most expensive women player ever :rofl: she'll be a bench player next season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:45
Guest wrote:
In my opinion Keira is good player but she wasn't really needed. Patri should be the starter pivot. Those 400K could have been used better. Engen had a great season despite her injury and not having a lot of playing time. Sadly for her, she isn't bestie with AMC :whistle:
She isn’t really needed but I am guessing barca wants to have a strong bench as well as a strong starter team. How long does engen have left on her contract anyone know?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:48
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:45
Guest wrote:
She isn’t really needed but I am guessing barca wants to have a strong bench as well as a strong starter team. How long does engen have left on her contract anyone know?
She renewed her contract this year for 2 more years. There was some assumptions that they only did it to sell her in the summer. But Engen herself doesn't really sound like somebody who's planning on changing teams next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 18:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:47
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:16
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:34

What's more important for Barca to find at the moment, a clinical finisher or a solid RB?
I will answer this question after UWCL final :lol: Ideally both would be great for them. On one hand there's an unusual situation on the market that there are 2 world-class fullbacks available for free this summer. They would be dumb not to try sign at least one of them. On the other hand I think signing a clinical finisher would resolve all of their problems. And even with shaky defense they could deal with possible mistakes from their current RB by simply scoring more goals than their opponent. They have class midfielders and wingers who create tons of situation. I think even knowing that there are somebody there who would convert some of those situation would give them more peace and make them even better.
Yes, Barcelona really needs a ruthless killer up front.

I’ve always had the sense that they are ‘carrying’ Asisat, in the sense that she goes AWOL for three games out of five, somehow manages to miss sitters in a fourth, but is then absolutely brilliant in a fifth. Guessing many teams would be happy with that eventual payback, but Barcelona with its outrageously talented roster and its budget/resources should feel entitled to have elite expectations – and in my view Asisat’s consistent inconsistency doesn’t meet those.
It seems to be a focus / concentration issue, much like her almost inevitable offside calls when she pushes forward too soon on through balls.

Totally agree with comments above about CGH, and I’ve also been amazed to see that since her return she’s been faster (ie max speed achieved) than even Salma with her track background.

It seems clear to me over the years that killer instinct can’t be taught/coached, and though this may be unfair to some of their other younger players, right now only Salma, Claudia and maaaaybe Bruna look like they possess that.
Osho and Geyse flop anyways in front of the net so why not take risk with Bruna give her time to develop consistency instead of wasting games on players who most likely won't improve. At least Osho won't after all this time. I don't know why he so afriad to bring in bench players when some of the A team are clearly not delivering game after game.
I understand your point. My concern about Bruna is her size. I think it likely that at this stage in the development of our increasingly physical game, size and strength will continue to trump agility in a striker. Alex Popp (66kg) and Sam Kerr (66kg) might agree.
Overmuscling defenders is how Asisat (70kg) scores some of the goals that she does, but however nimble, Bruna (not published, but maybe 50kg?) is small and light.
pina is small too and can play a good false 9

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol that one overly negative barca fan account Garcon something guy is right. Both amc and engen should go. Neither are good for the team
But the people obsessively attacking engen for a year are only doing so out of an agenda and refuse to accept amc is shit and should go too. That's the difference between people with agenda and a football fan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Stats aren't always everything but laughing at the Engen hater who asked for the comparison 😂 Toxic stans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:03
Lol that one overly negative barca fan account Garcon something guy is right. Both amc and engen should go. Neither are good for the team
But the people obsessively attacking engen for a year are only doing so out of an agenda and refuse to accept amc is shit and should go too. That's the difference between people with agenda and a football fan.
Engen should leave because she could be a starter elsewhere

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:09
Guest wrote:
Engen should leave because she could be a starter elsewhere
I agree with that. I'd love to see her back at WOB tbh but that ships probably sailed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shelina and Rosella must be done- Petzelberger posted some recent photos and one of them are a group of them (Celin, Naz, Niki, Azzy, mana etc) having dinner and shelina is with them. That’s not the clique she would ever usually hang out with at all, so clearly she’s trying to spend time with different people socially as her usual group included Rosella and her two best mates in drew and Becky. I had hoped this was all rumours but I genuinely think they are done.
Shelina probably moved out into one of the club players houses as well as those are all the players that live in those.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Garcon something is an incel. Lol at you defending him. How they are not good for the team? Engen is a very decent back up. Amc can be shit sometimes but she always fight and she scored some important goals this season (RM & Sevilla). They aren't the ones not good for the team...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Hard disagree. AMC is perfect as a squad player. Girl can play 3 different positions in the same match. Her ability to adapting is extremely useful especially in a team like Barca that deals with injuries every season. Same with Engen, she gives Barcelona what other midfielders can't really give which is a defensive, physical style of playing. Her strengths cannot be found in their other midfielders. She can be extremely useful in certain situations for Barcelona. And when needed she can also play pretty decent as a CB. They're never going to be starters. But a successful team need players like them. Meaning, players who are there for a team when the coach need them who won't complain when they don't start every match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Every team needs players who'll accept less game time and still perform when called upon, no one can have a squad of 25 world class players

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:16
Every team needs players who'll accept less game time and still perform when called upon, no one can have a squad of 25 world class players
Exactly. Besides rotations prevents injuries

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:38
Ave María y José. La reina. Me genuglexiono de solo verla

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
And it's also impossible to have 25 world class players without any conflict created in a team imo. The best players also have ego (like everybody) and everybody wants to play as much as possible. In a high-competitive environment like Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, Wolfsburg, Lyon you need to mix-up the team very smart to keep good morals. So bench players with good level who accept their role are insanely important.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 17:43
What's happening here? :lol:
Wooow! I mean I knew many of you on here are shut in lonely friendless femcels but you really don’t understand consoling a friend from the opposing team who lost? Jesus Christ.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:48
Guest wrote:
And it's also impossible to have 25 world class players without any conflict created in a team imo. The best players also have ego (like everybody) and everybody wants to play as much as possible. In a high-competitive environment like Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, Wolfsburg, Lyon you need to mix-up the team very smart to keep good morals. So bench players with good level who accept their role are insanely important.
Polar bear Texas.jpg

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 19:12
Shelina and Rosella must be done- Petzelberger posted some recent photos and one of them are a group of them (Celin, Naz, Niki, Azzy, mana etc) having dinner and shelina is with them. That’s not the clique she would ever usually hang out with at all, so clearly she’s trying to spend time with different people socially as her usual group included Rosella and her two best mates in drew and Becky. I had hoped this was all rumours but I genuinely think they are done.
Shelina probably moved out into one of the club players houses as well as those are all the players that live in those.
You said they were done for the last 5 days, we get it. They’re done. Wonderful.