International Women's Football - Part IV

Reactions:

Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:55
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:52
when the last time a top player like martens have flop this bad moving to a new team ?
she been a ghost all season
Since her toe injury she never got back into her form which is a shame she was once a good footballer now shes nothing
Which injury when? cause barca fans wanted her to stay for a reason cause she was doing well in end

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:49
Alexia full on fangirling cgh lol. Game recognises game.

And non for Aitana lol.

I hope CGH gets the respect and attention she deserves. World Cup coming up and the next Ballon D’Or will come from there. I’m excited to she what she and Ada can do for Norway this time around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i say ban all the insane ones looking at you beth mead hater she seems to just want to stir shit. Its tiresome
Fyi stop posting as “different” people it just shows more of your insanity

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Every player always eager to come back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:56
The day this mead stan gets banned is the day this thread will know peace.

Congrats to ol as a psg fan ! :argh:
You can get banned too THEN we will really know peace. The only person having a meltdown over a reasonable callout post to quick trying to start the now daily fight between fans/trolls of different leagues was the anti-Mead stan who appears as equally obsessed with Mead as her annoying fangirls are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
when the last time a top player like martens have flop this bad moving to a new team ?
Since her toe injury she never got back into her form which is a shame she was once a good footballer now shes nothing
Which injury when? cause barca fans wanted her to stay for a reason cause she was doing well in end
She got an injury at the world cup in 2019 Martens missed the first half of Barcelona's 2019–20 season due to the severity of her toe injury after that.
And it always seemed to bother her after that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damaris got a red card. She always plays so aggressively. Hopefully she’ll learn from this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:58
i say ban all the insane ones looking at you beth mead hater she seems to just want to stir shit. Its tiresome
Fyi stop posting as “different” people it just shows more of your insanity
this is what you do though? When will u realise posters on here can see thru you and the troll’s shit stirring and ur sensitivity to being called out says a lot about your identity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Learn to ignore the trolls dont fckng engage :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:01
Guest wrote:

You can get banned too THEN we will really know peace. The only person having a meltdown over a reasonable callout post to quick trying to start the now daily fight between fans/trolls of different leagues was the anti-Mead stan who appears as equally obsessed with Mead as her annoying fangirls are.
Da don’t get it twisted. a mead stan always start it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Disagree. Let it go now no need to keep discussing this every damn day

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:goldstar: Another W for lyon :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I just came to say that. It's been a rough season for her. I still don't understand why she picked PSG. Footballer of her class could've picked any team and she's chosen a messy unbalanced team with flawed sporting project. It's a very questionable career move, at least for the time being.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Imagine Sam at Barca with a midfield of Patri Alexia and Aitana feeding her the balls. Barca would be unstoppable but it would never happen.

The fact is with the midfield they have Barca doesn't need a world class striker just a competent one and they can have that in Bruna if they give her decent game time to improve her game. Barca is truly sabotaging their b team/home grown players by focusing too much on outside talent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Image :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hope she can get some form back next season, she was once my favourite footballer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

maybe she’ll realise one day her unhinged « support » for beth mead makes people hating her even more now da she learns lesson the hard way

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is sad. They were so good once

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:18

Time to say goodbye to a club that has once led women’s football in Europe by example but time has changed and the club couldn’t keep up with it…
Same will happened with Lyon i fear.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

maybe she’ll realise one day her unhinged « support » for beth mead makes people hating her even more now da she learns lesson the hard way
But then we wouldnt have chelsea x barca memes of her :lol: jonas in a wig please never die🏅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:58
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:06
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 13:00
I see Oberdorf is happily sharing her GF on insta. Is this the first time she has done this openly or has she done this previously with others?. Wondering if this is her coming out, so to speak?
People forget that Obi is only 21 years old. She's still so young, but this seems like her first "serious" gf, whatever that means for someone her age.
besides the only other GF (besides some other influencers in recent months) speculated in this thread is based mostly on some holiday photos and no one know whether that was serious or a fling or what. also, that person was also supposedly Schüller's ex and i don't think Schüller was open with her either so it could have been her preference (since Schüller is very open with her current partner) as she is the common thread.
It was the following (and subsequent unfollowing) of each other‘s family members that made people suspicious about Obi and Brüggi, not just the photos.

I think the reason that Lea is so open with Lara is that Lara was already publicly out when they met. They stayed under the radar for almost a year too, until it became clear they spent lockdown together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:42

Is that Panos's gf?
No. A friend and former Barca teammate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Is that Tobin? Looks even more simian than before and I didn't think that was possible. Leah look qt but guessing this is old pic from last year? Tobin/Leah shipper needs to let it go. They were never a thing and it will never happen
I think it’s Allana Kennedy?
Tobin and Christen are very much together but people always ship every person Leah talks to or is friends with. These new woso relationship fans that the euros brought are the worst

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:04
Damaris got a red card. She always plays so aggressively. Hopefully she’ll learn from this
She was done with the game and wanted out anyways. She was going to end up injured with this refree.

Also Ada throwing Lawrence around and reacting as if she did nothing wrong. Lyon vs PSG is always full out murderball.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:

Time to say goodbye to a club that has once led women’s football in Europe by example but time has changed and the club couldn’t keep up with it…
Can you stop the shitstirring? Potsdam is not ol. Doom narratives are also shitstirring. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hope she can get some form back next season, she was once my favourite footballer
Second half of 20/21 season she was extremely good, and was a key part of Barca’s UWCL win. She was very good in patches last season too, she just kept being interrupted by injuries. But she still scored a lot of goals. I think 17 in the league alone last season. She’s still a good footballer and is definitely not nothing. She just needs to find her form again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:

And so will Barca 10 yrs down the road. That's how it goes in football. No one stays number one forever.

Anyways this is too soon imp. Would have been nice to see Aulas raise it with the girls as one last hurrah but at least it shows she is interested in keeping them a winning team ig.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:26
we shall see, actions > words

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:29
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Second half of 20/21 season she was extremely good, and was a key part of Barca’s UWCL win. She was very good in patches last season too, she just kept being interrupted by injuries. But she still scored a lot of goals. I think 17 in the league alone last season. She’s still a good footballer and is definitely not nothing. She just needs to find her form again.
I hope she will, and not that she’ll give up eventually. She can be one of the best

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who is the guy talking with her?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Is that Tobin? Looks even more simian than before and I didn't think that was possible. Leah look qt but guessing this is old pic from last year? Tobin/Leah shipper needs to let it go. They were never a thing and it will never happen
It's Carly Telford. Regardless, not a very nice comment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Neither is her face so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That's Jordan

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Really? Leah Williamson is hot! And fam. So lucky us

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The troll who struggles to reply so hard they don't even bother trying anymore and just makes separate standalone posts hoping someone knows what they're meant to be replying to has really been shitting up this thread today. First starting shit about the french league v the wsl now making fun of player looks and comparing them to monkeys. Get a life!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:34

Who is the guy talking with her?
Bruno Cheyrou in charge of the recruitment at OL (mainly men but also women i think, not sure that he will stay at the club...)
And also Laure Bouleau's boyfriend :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:38
Guest wrote:
That's Jordan
Its hard to tell, it could be either of them. Do you know when this was taken?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That's Jordan
Jordan isn't that tall. It's Carly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That's Jordan
I’m guessing last year? And let’s face it Tobin, Carly and Jordan are all eerily alike :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On one hand, I think Ada should leave this maybe sinking ship. But on the other this might be the best fit for her with her injuries and maybe Kang will stay true to her words and keep it winning.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:16
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:27
If there's one thing I've learnt from Barcelona's matches is that they need to find a clinical forward as soon as possible. They create so many chances but cannot convert anything. They've relied a lot this season on Aitana and CGH since she's come back from injury.
What's more important for Barca to find at the moment, a clinical finisher or a solid RB?
I will answer this question after UWCL final :lol: Ideally both would be great for them. On one hand there's an unusual situation on the market that there are 2 world-class fullbacks available for free this summer. They would be dumb not to try sign at least one of them. On the other hand I think signing a clinical finisher would resolve all of their problems. And even with shaky defense they could deal with possible mistakes from their current RB by simply scoring more goals than their opponent. They have class midfielders and wingers who create tons of situation. I think even knowing that there are somebody there who would convert some of those situation would give them more peace and make them even better.
Yes, Barcelona really needs a ruthless killer up front.

I’ve always had the sense that they are ‘carrying’ Asisat, in the sense that she goes AWOL for three games out of five, somehow manages to miss sitters in a fourth, but is then absolutely brilliant in a fifth. Guessing many teams would be happy with that eventual payback, but Barcelona with its outrageously talented roster and its budget/resources should feel entitled to have elite expectations – and in my view Asisat’s consistent inconsistency doesn’t meet those.
It seems to be a focus / concentration issue, much like her almost inevitable offside calls when she pushes forward too soon on through balls.

Totally agree with comments above about CGH, and I’ve also been amazed to see that since her return she’s been faster (ie max speed achieved) than even Salma with her track background.

It seems clear to me over the years that killer instinct can’t be taught/coached, and though this may be unfair to some of their other younger players, right now only Salma, Claudia and maaaaybe Bruna look like they possess that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:46
On one hand, I think Ada should leave this maybe sinking ship. But on the other this might be the best fit for her with her injuries and maybe Kang will stay true to her words and keep it winning.
Did Ada express herself that she wants to leave Lyon? Or is it all just speculations because her contract is ending soon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is up with Leah being hot for that speshul type of look in women. Nm her poor taste and broken eyesight is not my business.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:44
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That's Jordan
I’m guessing last year? And let’s face it Tobin, Carly and Jordan are all eerily alike :rofl:
It’s Carly Telford, it’s a pic from their Cali trip last summer. They linked up w her in San Diego just like they linked up w Tobin in LA. Shocking i know, ex-teammates are friends…

Btw Leah, Carly and Jen used to be a pretty well-known besties trio idk what planet you’ve all been living on for the past few years

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:50
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:46
Did Ada express herself that she wants to leave Lyon? Or is it all just speculations because her contract is ending soon
She is frustrated with lack of development in French league in women's football and now with Lyons uncertainty who knows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:50
What is up with Leah being hot for that speshul type of look in women. Nm her poor taste and broken eyesight is not my business.
You people are insane for thinking Leah is fucking every person she’s pictured next to. This is the full pic, these 3 are really good friends:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:47
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 12:16
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:34
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:27
If there's one thing I've learnt from Barcelona's matches is that they need to find a clinical forward as soon as possible. They create so many chances but cannot convert anything. They've relied a lot this season on Aitana and CGH since she's come back from injury.
What's more important for Barca to find at the moment, a clinical finisher or a solid RB?
I will answer this question after UWCL final :lol: Ideally both would be great for them. On one hand there's an unusual situation on the market that there are 2 world-class fullbacks available for free this summer. They would be dumb not to try sign at least one of them. On the other hand I think signing a clinical finisher would resolve all of their problems. And even with shaky defense they could deal with possible mistakes from their current RB by simply scoring more goals than their opponent. They have class midfielders and wingers who create tons of situation. I think even knowing that there are somebody there who would convert some of those situation would give them more peace and make them even better.
Yes, Barcelona really needs a ruthless killer up front.

I’ve always had the sense that they are ‘carrying’ Asisat, in the sense that she goes AWOL for three games out of five, somehow manages to miss sitters in a fourth, but is then absolutely brilliant in a fifth. Guessing many teams would be happy with that eventual payback, but Barcelona with its outrageously talented roster and its budget/resources should feel entitled to have elite expectations – and in my view Asisat’s consistent inconsistency doesn’t meet those.
It seems to be a focus / concentration issue, much like her almost inevitable offside calls when she pushes forward too soon on through balls.

Totally agree with comments above about CGH, and I’ve also been amazed to see that since her return she’s been faster (ie max speed achieved) than even Salma with her track background.

It seems clear to me over the years that killer instinct can’t be taught/coached, and though this may be unfair to some of their other younger players, right now only Salma, Claudia and maaaaybe Bruna look like they possess that.
Osho and Geyse flop anyways in front of the net so why not take risk with Bruna give her time to develop consistency instead of wasting games on players who most likely won't improve. At least Osho won't after all this time. I don't know why he so afriad to bring in bench players when some of the A team are clearly not delivering game after game.