US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:44
I wonder how worried as a mom you must be seeing your daughter play for a team that hired and sheltered a sexual predator. And has not yet fired the GM who hired and enabled him.
San Diego wave has the same issue

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:15
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:12
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:16
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:30
Predicting the players who will have breakout tournaments are like 50/50. Mal was predicted to be a “household” name after the WC 2019, but she didn’t even start in a single knockout game. It was Lavelle who actually had a breakout tournament, and she’s been a regular starter in the midfield since. In the past, whoever had a breakout performance would be greatly rewarded with hard-earned playing time.

There’s less pressure on the younger players nowadays, because Vlatko and Kate are just handing out playing time and starting spots to them. If you’re wondering why, it’s because Kate decided to be a part-time mathematician. She actually believes that there is a magic number of caps and average age that the NT must adhere to. She links this to the success of the NT in the previous WCs. There’s actually an article about it in ESPN 🤦‍♀️ That’s why newcomers like Smith, Macario, Rodman, Fox, Girma are played as much as possible.

Do I believe in this “magic number”? Not really. If the success of the NT could easily be attributed to caps/experience and the age of players, then winning the OG after winning the WC should be easy. But the NT has never won the WC and then the OG in the following year. Pundits, players, fans, coaches attribute it to a smaller roster and the complexity of handling back-to-back tournaments.
Pugh was off the radar by 2019. People weren’t even sure she would make the roster. She was the last choice sub. She had a major fall in the depth chart early in 2018 when Tobin and Pinoe came back.
x2. We've heard about supposed breakouts every tournament and they are who we expected. Press was supposed to be the breakout star of 2015 (and 2016 and 2019) and it didn't happen. Dunn was 2016. Mal 2019.
Lmao Press was not supposed to have a break out 2016 or 2019. Why are you lying?

She wasn’t even a starter before the Olympics in 2016 or 2019. She was not expected to have a break out tournament those years. She was a garbage time sub before and during both of those tournaments.

Are you stupid?
Uh, not stupid. I'm old and have been following the team for a long time. She had a great 2014 -- 3rd in scoring behind Abby and Carli.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/248 ... world-cup
https://www.teamusa.org/News/2015/June/ ... -World-Cup
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/17/spor ... alace.html
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ove-myself

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:44
These are good changes. Especially the first 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:57
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:15
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:12
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:16
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:30
Predicting the players who will have breakout tournaments are like 50/50. Mal was predicted to be a “household” name after the WC 2019, but she didn’t even start in a single knockout game. It was Lavelle who actually had a breakout tournament, and she’s been a regular starter in the midfield since. In the past, whoever had a breakout performance would be greatly rewarded with hard-earned playing time.

There’s less pressure on the younger players nowadays, because Vlatko and Kate are just handing out playing time and starting spots to them. If you’re wondering why, it’s because Kate decided to be a part-time mathematician. She actually believes that there is a magic number of caps and average age that the NT must adhere to. She links this to the success of the NT in the previous WCs. There’s actually an article about it in ESPN 🤦‍♀️ That’s why newcomers like Smith, Macario, Rodman, Fox, Girma are played as much as possible.

Do I believe in this “magic number”? Not really. If the success of the NT could easily be attributed to caps/experience and the age of players, then winning the OG after winning the WC should be easy. But the NT has never won the WC and then the OG in the following year. Pundits, players, fans, coaches attribute it to a smaller roster and the complexity of handling back-to-back tournaments.
Pugh was off the radar by 2019. People weren’t even sure she would make the roster. She was the last choice sub. She had a major fall in the depth chart early in 2018 when Tobin and Pinoe came back.
x2. We've heard about supposed breakouts every tournament and they are who we expected. Press was supposed to be the breakout star of 2015 (and 2016 and 2019) and it didn't happen. Dunn was 2016. Mal 2019.
Lmao Press was not supposed to have a break out 2016 or 2019. Why are you lying?

She wasn’t even a starter before the Olympics in 2016 or 2019. She was not expected to have a break out tournament those years. She was a garbage time sub before and during both of those tournaments.

Are you stupid?
Uh, not stupid. I'm old and have been following the team for a long time. She had a great 2014 -- 3rd in scoring behind Abby and Carli.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/248 ... world-cup
https://www.teamusa.org/News/2015/June/ ... -World-Cup
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/17/spor ... alace.html
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ove-myself
Yes which is why she was expected to have a good 2015 tournament, but why are you lying and throwing in 2016 and 2019 when it was known she was going to be a sub for those tournaments? 😂 you should have just stopped after 2015. lMao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They played Alex and abby instead of Sticking with CP and Syd in 2015. Abby who was a raging alcoholic and coke addict and Alex who was coming off multiple surgeries and unfit. Trying to recapture old 2011/12 magic that was so over 💀 good thing carli stepped up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:04
They played Alex and abby instead of Sticking with CP and Syd in 2015. Abby who was a raging alcoholic and coke addict and Alex who was coming off multiple surgeries and unfit. Trying to recapture old 2011/12 magic that was so over 💀 good thing carli stepped up
What are you on, Abby was benched most of the tournament :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tierna continuing her not great form. Penalty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Davidson is having a horror show of a season so far

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yes exactly, Thank God someone finally speaks the truth! Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Davidson sucks. She should not be on the WC team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tierna is my fave but she is a hot mess rn. ACLs are worse for defenders than forwards I swear

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:12
Guest wrote:
We still won with your fave on the bench lmao.
And Abby wasn’t even a starter 🙄
But hey, yes CP will be the 2023 WC’s breakthrough 🤞🏻

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Chill out Davidson doesn't deserve all that kind of hate! She hasn't been back that long from her ACL injury and she was pretty damn good for th NT before her injury!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:13
Tierna is my fave but she is a hot mess rn. ACLs are worse for defenders than forwards I swear
I think it is just much more obvious/detrimental when a CB makes a mistake when getting back in form that when a forward does.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fit tierna is way better than cook and Sonnett. This is sad to see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:16
Guest wrote:
Chill out Davidson doesn't deserve all that kind of hate! She hasn't been back that long from her ACL injury and she was pretty damn good for th NT before her injury!
Da. She currently sucks, doesn’t mean she always sucked lol. But she shouldn’t make the WC roster playing like this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:20
Officially ruled as an own goal by Alyssa… brutal 😬

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Piss off hater don't have a heart attack when Press makes the WC and impacts the NT positively, just like she did with her crucial goal against England in the semi finals of the 2019 WC! You haters are so pathetic and disgusting. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Piss off hater don't have a heart attack when Press makes the WC and impacts the NT positively, just like she did with her crucial goal against England in the semi finals of the 2019 WC! You haters are so pathetic and disgusting. Da
It’s just both of you haters going back and forth trying to act like stans then hate on stans. Lol. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh I certainly hope she makes the roster so you can’t stop crying about her being wronged her whole life. It would be even more undeserved than Pinoe making it in 2016.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn. Two penalties conceded by Chicago.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chicago with another penalty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh I certainly hope she makes the roster so you can’t stop crying about her being wronged her whole life. It would be even more undeserved than Pinoe making it in 2016.
Please stop replying to yourself. You’re not fooling anyone. You have been doing this obsessively for days.
DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Schlegel coming in might make a difference. Bring some life to Chicago. They need it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chicago is lacking midfield and attacking talent, but it feels like the coach isn’t helping the situation. Hopefully the sale goes through soon and they have a new coach for next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vlatko is in Louisville. The winner of this match is Emily Sonnet 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:19
X2 Sonnett must be the luckiest bitch in the USWNT :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:07
Chicago is lacking midfield and attacking talent, but it feels like the coach isn’t helping the situation. Hopefully the sale goes through soon and they have a new coach for next season.
The vibe I get from the interviews I've seen with the Chicago coach is that he is way too passive. I'm curious how much input Masar actually has.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:35
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Please stop replying to yourself. You’re not fooling anyone. You have been doing this obsessively for days.
DA
Your an asshole with idiotic accusations. Not everyone is doing what your implying! :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Syd has a new bf= she's going be playing like shit for her club now :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like louisville will finally get a win but damn, I feel bad for chicago

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:23
Guest wrote:
Would him going to see OL Reign would make much of a difference for Sonnett? She's been starting as a 6 for the most part, right? While everyone else competing for an OB or CB spot is actually playing that position for club.

Davidson and Krueger making the wrong case for themselves so far, that's for sure. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:28
Is she not with Erik Estrada anymore? I thought she moved to LA for him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Louisville had their best game beating Chicago tonight. I cannot believe how much Chicago is struggling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:24
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:07
The vibe I get from the interviews I've seen with the Chicago coach is that he is way too passive. I'm curious how much input Masar actually has.
I agree with what one of the commentators said earlier, that they’re lacking confidence. They need to bring someone in to give them the biggest motivational talk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Every coach loves her from Jill to Vlatko to Harvey. She must add something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:32
Guest wrote:
Erik Estrada as the guy from CHIPS???? He is old enough to be her grandad!!! Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:34
Louisville had their best game beating Chicago tonight. I cannot believe how much Chicago is struggling.
Off field stuff finally caught up to them imo. They looked defeated before the ball even kicked off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
…was she playing well before she had this bf lol? Even before ACFC? I feel like she’s fast, but just been okay for a while now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Would him going to see OL Reign would make much of a difference for Sonnett? She's been starting as a 6 for the most part, right? While everyone else competing for an OB or CB spot is actually playing that position for club.

Davidson and Krueger making the wrong case for themselves so far, that's for sure. DA
Da Sonnett has been fine. But others are playing their way off the team way more than she has played her way on imo. So she will make it by default.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Moultrie is the case study for putting your kid in the league early I guess. She has come good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA LMAO no. The Otown dude, but its not him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
He’s the lead singer from otown lmao they were definitely dating for awhile. He’s like 9 years older than her. Not that much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:34
Off field stuff finally caught up to them imo. They looked defeated before the ball even kicked off.
I agree. It sucks because I really like their squad this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
He’s the lead singer from otown lmao they were definitely dating for awhile. He’s like 9 years older than her. Not that much
Lol sorry I am not american, the only Erik Estrada I know is Poncherello 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:38
Moultrie is the case study for putting your kid in the league early I guess. She has come good.
She has been so good! Such good vision.