US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

I am not reposting due to questionable takes overall. But even Kim thinks AC is going to finish 11th this season. 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:13
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 23:23
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 23:13
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 23:06
Guest wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 22:51
Does anyone else find the Macario situation strange? She seems to still be in Qatar. If I got injured over there I’d want to come back to the US for recovery. Did Ellie carpenter also go to Qatar? She was back fairly quickly
The place Macario is at is supposed to be really good and cutting edge (although there are also good programs elsewhere). But talk about a lonely and isolating rehab experience.

At this point I wonder if she will go back to Lyon at all this season. If she isn’t going to sign an extension, do they want to bother reintegrating her into the squad.
I really don’t care about Lyon. I’m more curious about her in the context of the USWNT. Vlatko said he was building around her and USSoccer has made her their next big thing for awhile so I’m surprised we haven’t heard more or that they haven’t gotten involved in her rehab since they still pay for health benefits.
They probably are getting updates. But if she is getting good care there may not be anything they would do differently.

Sure they would like her to be recovered but some injuries just take longer.
Lori Lindsey said on Monday that she should be back in a couple of weeks so we'll see.
I mean Vlatko pretty much said that before SheBeleives 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know who her source on Cat’s status would even be.

Once she is back in training it is still like a month to play games. That is May and Lyon’s season ends in May. So she will have like no minutes before making a tournament roster.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:16
I am not reposting due to questionable takes overall. But even Kim thinks AC is going to finish 11th this season. 🤣
I read the round table of woso journos on AllForXI and the majority believe ACfC is making playoffs. There was like one dissenter

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:33
Guest wrote:
I read the round table of woso journos on AllForXI and the majority believe ACfC is making playoffs. There was like one dissenter
They may squeak in at 5 or 6. But I think it is equally or more likely they place 7-9. They just didn’t do enough in the off-season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They may squeak in at 5 or 6. But I think it is equally or more likely they place 7-9. They just didn’t do enough in the off-season.

This league is so unpredictable especially in tournament years. Acfc has as good a chance at playoffs as any. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This league is so unpredictable especially in tournament years. Acfc has as good a chance at playoffs as any. Da
X2 The teams that’ll do the best this year are the ones without many WC players/WC players who will exit in the group stage, and ACFC has that advantage. The people acting like ACFC are some terrible team are idiots too. ACFC would’ve made playoffs with two extra wins, if they didn’t concede in the final mins of two games that would’ve done it. ACFC forwards can’t score for shit but their defense kept them in the game, and that part has improved since last year. Alyssa Thompson may be overrated asf but she’s a big step up from useless Endo or Charley so will help ACFC until Press returns. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:44
I’m mostly curious about Gotham. They have made a lot of significant moves in the offseason but are probably gonna force Krieger into the lineup somewhere. (I bet Kelley didn’t vote for her because that bitch wants to win)

Yazmeen Ryan is the one I’m most excited about for them.
Stfu you troll. You sound fucking stupid. :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gayng reunion tomorrow :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 01:04
Gayng reunion tomorrow :dance2:
literally the only thing that matters this weekend :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:56
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 00:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

X2 The teams that’ll do the best this year are the ones without many WC players/WC players who will exit in the group stage, and ACFC has that advantage. The people acting like ACFC are some terrible team are idiots too. ACFC would’ve made playoffs with two extra wins, if they didn’t concede in the final mins of two games that would’ve done it. ACFC forwards can’t score for shit but their defense kept them in the game, and that part has improved since last year. Alyssa Thompson may be overrated asf but she’s a big step up from useless Endo or Charley so will help ACFC until Press returns. Da
Charley’s done more in preseason than Alyssa. And Endo will still be playing with her so it’s not like she’s replacing her. You’re basically just swapping out Press with Alyssa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.nwslsoccer.com/availability-report

Injury report is updated. No real surprises. Chicago’s backup keeper is out which seems relevant since they only had 2 signed as of Monday.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 03:42
ThankYouKriegs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Apparently Charley assisted, didn’t score the AC goal (it was Jun - she hit her quota for the year) and apparently it wasn’t an OG that equalized, it was McCaskill.

Some more details about the scrimmage:

‘San Diego got on the board early, with forward Amirah Ali opening the scoring in the fifth minute. The rest of the half was scoreless; Ali put away a second goal in the 63rd minute. "I think that looking back, we think we could have been more aggressive and on the front foot in the first half," Hammond said. "We created really good opportunities to get to the final third, but we weren't being ruthless enough to score goals."

After the second goal, Angel City dug in and kicked into gear. In the 72nd minute, forward Simone Charley assisted forward Jun Endo to bring the score to 2–1. "Simone did her Simone things out wide and was able to whip the ball in," Hammond remembered, "and Jun scored with her right foot on a near-post run. It was a good finish."

ACFC equalized in the 89th minute. "Dani [Weatherholt] made a really good run, Sav[annah McCaskill] played her through, Dani went one-v-one and whipped in a ball, and Sav actually did the same thing as the first goal—a near-post run with a little flick on the finish," Hammond said.’

https://www.angelcity.com/news/article/ ... on-hammond

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why can’t we point out that it’s messed up they didn’t put Press on the poster? Does Element work for USSF?

element
Reactions: 21

Post by element »

Just keep asking those rhetorical questions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

element wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 14:34
Just keep asking those rhetorical questions.
Seriously what was wrong with me saying it was messed up Press wasn’t on there? Because someone trolled on my original post? You delete the trolling :fool:
Not the original post that wasn’t breaking rules.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kind of ridiculous they included Moe but not Press. You can’t said it’s because she won’t play for a while either when they have ADK on there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:12
Kind of ridiculous they included Moe but not Press. You can’t said it’s because she won’t play for a while either when they have ADK on there.

No one follows abby closely enough to care or know when she is coming back back . Morgan’s return date hasn’t been reported. Press injury is widely reported.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:20
Guest wrote:

No one follows abby closely enough to care or know when she is coming back back . Morgan’s return date hasn’t been reported. Press injury is widely reported.
It’s not about Moe’s injury it’s about the fact that she hasn’t been on the team in 4 years lmao and they include her over Press. Might as well include Ali Krieger at that point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Does it really surprise you? It is quite unfortunate how they treat Press from minute 1. And someone here said that she would be in the HOF, they don't seem to know how they treat CP... Anyway, I hope they miss her in the world cup 🤭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:43
Why? I can’t imagine she’s playing at a high level after a decade away from the sport 💀 pr stunt for Gotham/Yael. The last time she suited up was when Buehler was her teammate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 17:24

Lussi :queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Looks like this is everyone on a team who has had a call up since Jan. 2022. Moe was called up for Jan camp last year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 18:18
Guest wrote:

Looks like this is everyone on a team who has had a call up since Jan. 2022. Moe was called up for Jan camp last year.
Mte. People forget Moe was called up last year for January camp and for Shiba. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Franch could have done more there...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If that was the case than Franch would be there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is the mighty KC

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 19:36
This is the mighty KC
Everyone that makes them “mighty” are out. Debinha, Moe, DiBernardo, Glas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not a very interesting game, hope the rest are better

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's going to be :tumbleweed: here unless SD, AC or Gotham plays I guess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:47
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 16:43
Why? I can’t imagine she’s playing at a high level after a decade away from the sport 💀 pr stunt for Gotham/Yael. The last time she suited up was when Buehler was her teammate.
She scored during a preseason match 🤷‍♀️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 18:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Mte. People forget Moe was called up last year for January camp and for Shiba. Da
And why isn't Franch there?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 21:05
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 18:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And why isn't Franch there?
Idk why they left Franch off, but it was obvious to me these are people who were called up last year, which is why Moe is on there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 21:07
Yeah because that's where she wants to play and has made that abundantly clear lol. She won't move to defense for club and will just continue to complain about having to switch positions for country and club. DA