Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:02
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:53
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:51
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:31
Those woke podcasters saying they can’t wait to watch Press and Thompson “cook up” at the World Cup is so funny. Who do they think gets left off if those two both go? It will be a black player they like, not Pinoe or Alex 💀
They are talking about at Angel City lmao
Nah diaspora utd was saying they both need to be on the WNT roster
:rofl: The only thing they will cook is breakfast for their teammates. I can’t with the delusion and hypocrisy. Da
I mean one of the Shea butter podcasters was mad tobin isn’t getting called in because she’s “necdsssry for Vlatko’s system”. They are stupid as fuck. It’s not like there are infinite spots for their precious black players either so someone is getting cut for these players.
Yeah Tobin who hasn’t played more than 45 mn in two years and isn’t even with a team is necessary :eyeroll: They really are dumb af. Da

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:51
Thompson has been the best player on the pitch in most games I’ve watched her play in.
Then you have a one dimensional view of the game. There is a lot she doesn’t do that is collectively necessary for better results. Like her terrible timing on the press that leaves gigantic holes for the other team to exploit and counter. Just because she gets a goal and is fast, there are a lot of aspects to her game she has to work on to help the team get better results. You don’t just score your early goal and say okay I’m done.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:45
Stop talking about random accounts from other forms of social media. Take it there if you care so much, but you won’t because you’re cowards :nails:
X2 this happens all the time it’s annoying as hell

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thompson has been the best player on the pitch in most games I’ve watched her play in.
:rofl: Thanks, I needed a laugh today. Peoples delusion is always funny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
How many games have you watched? One?

Gotham - Thompson sure I’ll give you that one, but the whole team was pretty bad that game
Orlando - Emslie or KJo honestly
LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:10
Guest wrote:

Gotham - Thompson sure I’ll give you that one, but the whole team was pretty bad that game
LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie
Lmaoooo talk about a limited view of the game. Kjo does nothing outside of set pieces. Thompson and Messiah Bright were the best players in the Orlando game.

I thought she was the best player against Portland too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie
Lmaoooo talk about a limited view of the game. Kjo does nothing outside of set pieces. Thompson and Messiah Bright were the best players in the Orlando game.

Thompson was definitely not the best player. Charley and then KJo brought a welcome change of energy to that game which is what you needed to win that game.

Ertz was better than her vs Portland.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Thompson was definitely not the best player. Charley and then KJo brought a welcome change of energy to that game which is what you needed to win that game.

Bringing a change of energy doesn’t mean they were better. That’s the point of subs who come on when the opposition is tired. Charley didn’t do anything. Thompson literally drew the penalty because defenders are terrified of her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:55
Guest wrote:
Then you have a one dimensional view of the game. There is a lot she doesn’t do that is collectively necessary for better results. Like her terrible timing on the press that leaves gigantic holes for the other team to exploit and counter. Just because she gets a goal and is fast, there are a lot of aspects to her game she has to work on to help the team get better results. You don’t just score your early goal and say okay I’m done.
Da. This so much. Pressing is fundamental, look at how she presses and frees up the passing channel for the other teams during transition. Because of that her teammates have to compensate for the gaps, which is a problem since ACFC’s midfield isn’t the best. Forwards aren’t just expected to score goals, of course that’s their most important job, but they also need to press. It’s not uncommon for goals to be scored from defensive errors from the final third.

Classic case of a forward being a defensive liability—Pinoe during the WC QFs against France. She was lucky that Dunn had one of her greatest performances that game and she was able to cover for Pinoe up and down the field. Pinoe’s weak press was just overlooked that game since she was the one who scored both goals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Bringing a change of energy doesn’t mean they were better. That’s the point of subs who come on when the opposition is tired. Charley didn’t do anything. Thompson literally drew the penalty because defenders are terrified of her.
So because she drew a penalty she was the best? 😂 She didn’t do anything else. Her being gassed was actually a huge reason Orlando was able to get back in it and swing the momentum. Glad Freya actually recognized it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Comparing defensive and offensive players is a pointless task. Okay, she’s been the best offensive player in the games I’ve seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Are you the same person who said that players double mark/triple mark her? When it was shown that Thompson actually took extra touches and because of that, the players from the other team had more than enough time to crowd her? Just an honest question, since I want to understand your point of view of the games. da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Comparing defensive and offensive players is a pointless task. Okay, she’s been the best offensive player in the games I’ve seen.
There is more to a forwards game than their offense. You probably think she scores so that means she’s the best on the pitch (I think she probably thinks that too judging by the fact that after she scores she seems to take her foot off the pedal and think her job is done). Considering 2 of her 3 goals have come in games where the team as scored 3 goals, that’s not that impressive. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

LV - McCaskill
Wave - Ertz
Portland - Ertz
KC - Endo/Emslie

Are you the same person who said that players double mark/triple mark her? When it was shown that Thompson actually took extra touches and because of that, the players from the other team had more than enough time to crowd her? Just an honest question, since I want to understand your point of view of the games. da
She literally is marked by multiple players. The kc players were fouling her left and right. She has very good ball control. Lol lynn is the classic example of a player who isn’t marked as you would expect because she takes 10 touches to settle the ball .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t know which is worst:
- The Thompson fans actually thinking that Thompson is already a complete player offensively and defensively, and is fit enough to play 90’ every game, or ;
- Those who are critical of Thompson and expect her to be a complete player in her rookie year.

For what it’s worth, there are exaggerations from both sides.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol so many forwards were a defensive liability early in their careers. Including your precious faves. That is such a nit picky criticism. I’m willing to sacrifice defense for what she brings on offense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:37
I don’t know which is worst:
- The Thompson fans actually thinking that Thompson is already a complete player offensively and defensively, and is fit enough to play 90’ every game, or ;
- Those who are critical of Thompson and expect her to be a complete player in her rookie year.

For what it’s worth, there are exaggerations from both sides.
Well that’s an effect of bullet one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:39
Lol so many forwards were a defensive liability early in their careers. Including your precious faves. That is such a nit picky criticism. I’m willing to sacrifice defense for what she brings on offense.
Please sir go find a real job and stopped trying to live off your kid.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That snacks pod with Krieger was pretty good. There was one super awkward moment where Krieger was talking about how she didn’t know she could love like she loves her kids and Lynn was like “you know I read this study that parenting means you love more but it’s correlated with increased misery” and there was just deafening silence 💀 Lynn it’s Mother’s Day why did you need to go there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Because that’s helped so well for your team’s results. 😂 I’m not surprised you’re all about individual results than team results. Seems just like your fave.

Freya clearly realized she needs to sub Thompson out to maintain a lead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:37
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:33

The last attendance record was 11,301. I'm excited to see what the numbers come in at this Sunday. I'll be there. Also, their new stadium will only hold 11,500. They will probably sell it out quite often if they keep gaining fans at this rate
How many of those are Morgan “fans” though. Wasn’t the last record also against the wave lol.
No, it was against Portland.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Giselle Thompson trying to go pro now too? I sure hope she’s bigger and stronger than Alyssa. Defending is a totally different game and I think you really benefit from experience.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wow. I say this with utmost kindness, but that last sentence renders all your previous arguments invalid. What a short-sighted view. You don’t need to score 3 goals a game, you just need to be ahead by one goal and maintain the lead. You maintain the lead by playing defense, and no, that doesn’t mean your defenders or GKs only, but every player including your forwards. Freya talked about it already, or are you that lazy and you can’t bother to read it?

Thompson isn’t even scoring them game-winning goals or setting up game-winning assists. She’s a great addition offensively, is sometimes the best, but let’s not pretend that her overall contribution offensively is enough to make up for what she lacks defensively. Or is enough to carry the team. By the way people speak here, it’s as if Thompson’s offense was the biggest factor in getting ACFC those points. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 20:19
So to change the topic from the Morgan stan crying over not knowing how to read data… will Franch start for KC again now? The coach pulled Miller out early after she leaked 3 in one half so he’s not against change ups.
I assume Franch will be back. Sjoblom said she only continued to play Miller because she believes in rewarding players for their good performance. 3 goals against Miller in the first half of that AC game. No way does Franch stay benched.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:59
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:56
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:53
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:37
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:33

The last attendance record was 11,301. I'm excited to see what the numbers come in at this Sunday. I'll be there. Also, their new stadium will only hold 11,500. They will probably sell it out quite often if they keep gaining fans at this rate
How many of those are Morgan “fans” though. Wasn’t the last record also against the wave lol.
DA. Statistically, Morgan doesn’t bring in more away fans. You stans just pretend she does. The attendance for KC has been increasing irrespective of opponent and they’ve been promoting the shit out of this game. Signed, a KC STH.
She does though. I’m not a stan. The league executives with the actual data have talked about it lol. It’s more noticeable in some markets than others.
There is no statistically significant increase in attendance when Wave is playing away vs any other team. Look at the data, it’s freely available. Attendance has been increasing across the board, it’s got nothing to do with Morgan.
It's a stupid argument anyways. The last attendance record in KC wasn't even against the wave. She may bring in some people but KC has a very fast growing fan base. A lot are ditching Sporting for Current since our men's team is super shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:58
I don’t even want to get into the commentary on the defensive work rate of a few USWNT vets who are fan faves when they were starting out as pros. One of whom is Thompson’s teammate. Most of you are post 2019 fans and don’t remember though.
Thompson stans always deflecting to Press.

At least you finally admitted Thompson’s defense isn’t good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don’t even want to get into the commentary on the defensive work rate of a few USWNT vets who are fan faves when they were starting out as pros. One of whom is Thompson’s teammate. Most of you are post 2019 fans and don’t remember though.
The high press and defending across all lines wasn’t as big of a part of the game back then than it is now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:46
That snacks pod with Krieger was pretty good. There was one super awkward moment where Krieger was talking about how she didn’t know she could love like she loves her kids and Lynn was like “you know I read this study that parenting means you love more but it’s correlated with increased misery” and there was just deafening silence 💀 Lynn it’s Mother’s Day why did you need to go there
Loved it. "Do with that what you will." :rofl: Their moms were hilarious, too. But you could tell also that they're so proud. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 21:46
DA the silence was palpable. but at least it didn't seem like Krieger agreed with that thought lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 22:04
Guest wrote:

She’s 18 and working on it. Her defense doesn’t have to be good just like pinoes doesn’t because she’s a senior citizen. They both have offensive X factors you plan your game around. Everyone sees her quality except loser stans on lchat 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 22:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She’s 18 and working on it. Her defense doesn’t have to be good just like pinoes doesn’t because she’s a senior citizen. They both have offensive X factors you plan your game around. Everyone sees her quality except loser stans on lchat 😂
Planning their game around her has worked wonders 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 22:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She’s scoring goals. That’s all that matters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 22:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It has 😊

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:16
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 18:30
Predicting the players who will have breakout tournaments are like 50/50. Mal was predicted to be a “household” name after the WC 2019, but she didn’t even start in a single knockout game. It was Lavelle who actually had a breakout tournament, and she’s been a regular starter in the midfield since. In the past, whoever had a breakout performance would be greatly rewarded with hard-earned playing time.

There’s less pressure on the younger players nowadays, because Vlatko and Kate are just handing out playing time and starting spots to them. If you’re wondering why, it’s because Kate decided to be a part-time mathematician. She actually believes that there is a magic number of caps and average age that the NT must adhere to. She links this to the success of the NT in the previous WCs. There’s actually an article about it in ESPN 🤦‍♀️ That’s why newcomers like Smith, Macario, Rodman, Fox, Girma are played as much as possible.

Do I believe in this “magic number”? Not really. If the success of the NT could easily be attributed to caps/experience and the age of players, then winning the OG after winning the WC should be easy. But the NT has never won the WC and then the OG in the following year. Pundits, players, fans, coaches attribute it to a smaller roster and the complexity of handling back-to-back tournaments.
Pugh was off the radar by 2019. People weren’t even sure she would make the roster. She was the last choice sub. She had a major fall in the depth chart early in 2018 when Tobin and Pinoe came back.
x2. We've heard about supposed breakouts every tournament and they are who we expected. Press was supposed to be the breakout star of 2015 (and 2016 and 2019) and it didn't happen. Dunn was 2016. Mal 2019.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Predicting the players who will have breakout tournaments are like 50/50. Mal was predicted to be a “household” name after the WC 2019, but she didn’t even start in a single knockout game. It was Lavelle who actually had a breakout tournament, and she’s been a regular starter in the midfield since. In the past, whoever had a breakout performance would be greatly rewarded with hard-earned playing time.

There’s less pressure on the younger players nowadays, because Vlatko and Kate are just handing out playing time and starting spots to them. If you’re wondering why, it’s because Kate decided to be a part-time mathematician. She actually believes that there is a magic number of caps and average age that the NT must adhere to. She links this to the success of the NT in the previous WCs. There’s actually an article about it in ESPN 🤦‍♀️ That’s why newcomers like Smith, Macario, Rodman, Fox, Girma are played as much as possible.

Do I believe in this “magic number”? Not really. If the success of the NT could easily be attributed to caps/experience and the age of players, then winning the OG after winning the WC should be easy. But the NT has never won the WC and then the OG in the following year. Pundits, players, fans, coaches attribute it to a smaller roster and the complexity of handling back-to-back tournaments.
Pugh was off the radar by 2019. People weren’t even sure she would make the roster. She was the last choice sub. She had a major fall in the depth chart early in 2018 when Tobin and Pinoe came back.
x2. We've heard about supposed breakouts every tournament and they are who we expected. Press was supposed to be the breakout star of 2015 (and 2016 and 2019) and it didn't happen. Dunn was 2016. Mal 2019.
Lmao Press was not supposed to have a break out 2016 or 2019. Why are you lying?

She wasn’t even a starter before the Olympics in 2016 or 2019. She was not expected to have a break out tournament those years. She was a garbage time sub before and during both of those tournaments.

Are you stupid?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Ermmmm Christen Press was not expected to have a breakout tournament in 2016 or 2019. She was barely playing. Crystal Dunn was not a break out player after the 2016 Olympics. And Mal was not expected to be a break out player in 2019 because again, like Press, she was part of the B team and everyone knew she wouldn’t be playing much going into the tournament.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lmao Press was not supposed to have a break out 2016 or 2019. Why are you lying?

She wasn’t even a starter before the Olympics in 2016 or 2019. She was not expected to have a break out tournament those years. She was a garbage time sub before and during both of those tournaments.

Are you stupid?
Da
Her breakout tournament was actually supposed to be the Tokyo Olympics but .. yeah she got upstaged by the NARP.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you stupid?
Da
Her breakout tournament was actually supposed to be the Tokyo Olympics but .. yeah she got upstaged by the NARP.
NAARP rather *

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:23
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you stupid?
Da
NAARP rather *
She was part of the NAARP.

It was whatever Heath, Alex and Lynn were doing the game before that didn’t help. Oldies had to come in and save us the next game and keep us from being completely humiliated. And yes we wouldn’t have had two of those goals if Press wasn’t playing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you stupid?
Journalists thought she would “breakout” during the 2015 WC, but in reality she didn’t even play a single minute in the knockout rounds, and wasn’t even part of the player meetings for those games. Her being instrumental in 2019 was unexpected, since nobody expected her to be more than Pinoe’s closing game sub. Pinoe’s injury allowed her to start and she made the most out of that, but it wasn’t by design.

The 2020 OGs was her biggest chance to have a breakout tournament, given her form. Covid sucks, and her stans might be in denial, but she absolutely had a dip in form in 2021. Even Vlatko said that she was just reaching her peak fitness in one of his last post-games before the OGs. It didn’t help that Vlatko didn’t start her in the QFs and SFs. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Considering Press was part of the B team in 2019 and a garbage time sub in 2016, no, she was not expected to have break out tournaments those years. She wasn’t expected to play much at all going into those tournaments. You don’t have to make stuff up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you stupid?
Journalists thought she would “breakout” during the 2015 WC, but in reality she didn’t even play a single minute in the knockout rounds, and wasn’t even part of the player meetings for those games. Her being instrumental in 2019 was unexpected, since nobody expected her to be more than Pinoe’s closing game sub. Pinoe’s injury allowed her to start and she made the most out of that, but it wasn’t by design.

The 2020 OGs was her biggest chance to have a breakout tournament, given her form. Covid sucks, and her stans might be in denial, but she absolutely had a dip in form in 2021. Even Vlatko said that she was just reaching her peak fitness in one of his last post-games before the OGs. It didn’t help that Vlatko didn’t start her in the QFs and SFs. Da
So you’re agreeing with me. 2016 and 2019 she wasn’t expected to have a break out tournament. Thanks. You have just said that in a one sentence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I could see this summer being christens break out tournament. Honestly she’s better than any of the other forwards even at half fitness. Vlatko has taken players along to gain fitness during the tournament (Julie in 2021). I think he will do that with her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:38
I could see this summer being christens break out tournament. Honestly she’s better than any of the other forwards even at half fitness. Vlatko has taken players along to gain fitness during the tournament (Julie in 2021). I think he will do that with her
Please stop troll. You’re not even good at pretending to be a stan.

You just want to say this so you can come back and respond to yourself about how Press stans are terrible and that Press is trash.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:39
Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:38
Please stop troll. You’re not even good at pretending to be a stan.

You just want to say this so you can come back and respond to yourself about how Press stans are terrible and that Press is trash.
x2 Please spare us

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 23:36
Okay this is so cute 🥺

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder how worried as a mom you must be seeing your daughter play for a team that hired and sheltered a sexual predator. And has not yet fired the GM who hired and enabled him.