US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:18
Horan is having problems with her knee.
What else is new? lol It seems to be chronic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yeah, for over a year at this point. Really can't see how this will end well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:13
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:05
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 14:03
Woso journalist that follows the Dash with his uswnt line up. Enjoy....
The frontline is probably fine
You have to be mentally ill to start Sullivan over ertz
Huerta is probably getting cut lol
I agree, there is no way Vlatko won't start Ertz, nothing against Andi but she cannot do for the NT defensively or offensively what Julie can. If he was to ever start Sullivan it would only be in a match he felt they could easily win. It's more likely he will sub Sullivan if Julie needs some rest. Not sure about Huerta she will be very lucky if she makes this roster imo. Kingsbury may make the third gk spot if AF stays benched with her club. Alyssa Naeher is having some tough times with her club alot do to Chicago playing poorly, but she is still our number one gk.
DA Not sure how people watching these games think Dunn is a better midfielder than the rest of the USWNT options. She’s scored a few goals because she’s been playing high and poaching. The rest of her game has been pretty shit. If you look at her stats in games other than scoring they aren’t good. In the Houston game she was ball watching and left Anderson wide open at the back post leading to the goal. There’s a better case to play her as a forward than there is as a midfielder because she does nothing to connect the lines. Coffey is a better midfielder than her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:29
Guest wrote:
She was subbed out due to injury during the final of the French cup. Hope they are just being cautious. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:49
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:29
Guest wrote:
She was subbed out due to injury during the final of the French cup. Hope they are just being cautious. Da
Both USWNT and Lyon have been overplaying her for a year now while her knee has been held together with KT tape. Vlatko will have her limping at the WC and he’ll still be playing her for 90 mins. It’s deja vu with Ertz and Mewis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 15:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I agree, there is no way Vlatko won't start Ertz, nothing against Andi but she cannot do for the NT defensively or offensively what Julie can. If he was to ever start Sullivan it would only be in a match he felt they could easily win. It's more likely he will sub Sullivan if Julie needs some rest. Not sure about Huerta she will be very lucky if she makes this roster imo. Kingsbury may make the third gk spot if AF stays benched with her club. Alyssa Naeher is having some tough times with her club alot do to Chicago playing poorly, but she is still our number one gk.
DA Not sure how people watching these games think Dunn is a better midfielder than the rest of the USWNT options. She’s scored a few goals because she’s been playing high and poaching. The rest of her game has been pretty shit. If you look at her stats in games other than scoring they aren’t good. In the Houston game she was ball watching and left Anderson wide open at the back post leading to the goal. There’s a better case to play her as a forward than there is as a midfielder because she does nothing to connect the lines. Coffey is a better midfielder than her.
I honestly think dunn is a better forward option than some of the players who are probably gonna make the roster. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s not looking good for the US squad tbh, I was on the optimistic side but now I don’t know.
Becky, Horan, whatever is going on with Rose, looks like they might not be at 100% for the WC.

Naeher hasn’t been good in the league. Davidson is struggling. So is Girma.

I mean there are still 2 months before the first game and a lot can change but not looking great at the moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:08
It’s not looking good for the US squad tbh, I was on the optimistic side but now I don’t know.
Becky, Horan, whatever is going on with Rose, looks like they might not be at 100% for the WC.

I mean there are still 2 months before the first game and a lot can change but not looking great at the moment.
The team looked like shit in 2019 and won the wc. I’m not worried for them right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:11
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:08

The team looked like shit in 2019 and won the wc. I’m not worried for them right now.
DA Well if Horan and Lavelle are actually out Vlatko might finally be forced to try a double pivot of 6’s with Ertz and Sullivan. Just go full Canada and win the whole thing by scoring one goal per game and defending for their lives 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I honestly think dunn is a better forward option than some of the players who are probably gonna make the roster. Da
DA I wouldn’t mind if they brought one less wide forward with the idea that Dunn could get pushed up and KO or Sonnett could be subbed in. She’s better at forward than in the midfield and at least she has some experience there unlike anyone they’d bring instead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 16:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I wouldn’t mind if they brought one less wide forward with the idea that Dunn could get pushed up and KO or Sonnett could be subbed in. She’s better at forward than in the midfield and at least she has some experience there unlike anyone they’d bring instead.
DA I’d trust her up top more than Thompson if it’s between the two of them. Still think her best position is LB. It’d be a waste not to play her there when she’s only a slightly above average forward.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

HAMMY MIGHT BE BACK LETS GOOOOOO

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 17:48

HAMMY MIGHT BE BACK LETS GOOOOOO
You might want to worry about what your team is going to do to stop leaking goals or Hamilton won’t help your results much at all. Y’all let that embarrassing Chicago team score 4 on you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kudos to Kang for putting het money where her mouth is.
It still remains both weird and fascinating how she really wants to buy clubs all over the world.
But this also means i suppose that the sale of the Reign will have to happen pretty quickly to avoid certain conflicts of interests of owning 2 teams in the nwsl in theory.

gegege
Reactions:

Post by gegege »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh my gosh - thank you for this!!! I feel exactly the same way. She gives her team nothing in possession, which is really what the midfielders primary job is. Her two goals were easy sitters 10 yards out in an open net off great passes. She did nothing but tap both in. She is not a midfielder at all. Like you said, a case could be made for winger, but she is not as skilled/attacking sophisticated as Mal, Sophia, Lynn, and Trinity. She is a true outside back.

dgdgeg
Reactions:

Post by dgdgeg »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dunn is too much of a straight line runner. She doesn't have the zig and zag (jiggle) to elude defenders. She is straight speed and she doesn't have 1v1 sophistication. At the USWNT level you need special technically ability to go with that speed. Dunn is a top outside back. In what world would any coach take her off the back line? Why are people so quick to weaken hte back line to appease spoiled brat Dunn?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dgdgeg wrote:
13 May 2023, 20:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dunn is too much of a straight line runner. She doesn't have the zig and zag (jiggle) to elude defenders. She is straight speed and she doesn't have 1v1 sophistication. At the USWNT level you need special technically ability to go with that speed. Dunn is a top outside back. In what world would any coach take her off the back line? Why are people so quick to weaken hte back line to appease spoiled brat Dunn?
X2 and do her stans realize she wouldn’t even start in midfield or as a forward ? Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gegege wrote:
13 May 2023, 20:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh my gosh - thank you for this!!! I feel exactly the same way. She gives her team nothing in possession, which is really what the midfielders primary job is. Her two goals were easy sitters 10 yards out in an open net off great passes. She did nothing but tap both in. She is not a midfielder at all. Like you said, a case could be made for winger, but she is not as skilled/attacking sophisticated as Mal, Sophia, Lynn, and Trinity. She is a true outside back.
Skilled and sophisticated is not how I would describe Lynn’s game. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 21:56
Weird. A couple of weeks ago she was saying Rose would be back in 2 or 3 weeks.
Wonder if she is saving herself for the WC or if her injury is serious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 01:47
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:21
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 00:20
Officially ruled as an own goal by Alyssa… brutal 😬
At what point do we start to be concerned with sissy’s performance as of late?
How on earth is it her fault on this action? blame her because she chose the right side?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 21:58
Guest wrote:
There’s not a chance this is her saving herself for the World Cup with how long she’s been out. Y’all who keep saying this do realize that players need to play prior to the tournament to get into form right? Saving yourself for the WC is about getting subbed out earlier than usual, or playing like you don’t give a shit half the time (Morgan). But the WC players do need game time. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I knew this would happen. Just a couple of games, then two or three weeks. Now, no timeline. I think they really don't wanna risk anything by rushing her back, in which case Harvey should just say that. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When are people going realize Harvey is full of shit when it comes to NTers "injuries" lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 22:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There’s not a chance this is her saving herself for the World Cup with how long she’s been out. Y’all who keep saying this do realize that players need to play prior to the tournament to get into form right? Saving yourself for the WC is about getting subbed out earlier than usual, or playing like you don’t give a shit half the time (Morgan). But the WC players do need game time. Da
You could have spared the dig at Morgan who has been playing 90 mn every game and scored goals. Your fave is about to make the WC roster without playing a single mn so you are in a bad place to give lessons. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 22:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You could have spared the dig at Morgan who has been playing 90 mn every game and scored goals. Your fave is about to make the WC roster without playing a single mn so you are in a bad place to give lessons. Da
Christen Press is not going to make the World Cup roster 😂
You haters are crazy. Not even her fans believe she’s going to make it. The haters just want to so they can bitch about her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I knew this would happen. Just a couple of games, then two or three weeks. Now, no timeline. I think they really don't wanna risk anything by rushing her back, in which case Harvey should just say that. DA
DA. Doing that is a bad idea because that means our starting 10 will be out of form… her injury is clearly more serious than initially expected.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 22:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You haters are crazy. Not even her fans believe she’s going to make it. The haters just want to so they can bitch about her.
Well if we are crazy, she is crazy too lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rent free :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 22:59
I mean you are the one bringing Morgan first for no reason, don’t complain when people fight back with valid arguments :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 22:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well if we are crazy, she is crazy too lmao
For saying it would be a dream to make the World Cup but that the timing is tough?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 23:05
Guest wrote:
I mean you are the one bringing Morgan first for no reason, don’t complain when people fight back with valid arguments :eyeroll:
Saying Christen Press is going to make the WC squad is not a “valid argument” LMAO. Because she’s not. It’s an imaginary argument just so you can shit on Christen Press. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

go back to reddit scully79 stop getting triggered when someone dare mentions Morgan has been mediocre this season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Saying Christen Press is going to make the WC squad is not a “valid argument” LMAO. Because she’s not. It’s an imaginary argument just so you can shit on Christen Press. DA
Didn’t she say herself she wants to make it and will do everything she can to be ready?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 23:18
go back to reddit scully79 stop getting triggered when someone dare mentions Morgan has been mediocre this season
Stop bringing up random accounts from Reddit or Twitter and go talk to them over there coward.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Imagine being so obsessed with what a player who don’t like said in an interview days ago :mask: move on babe this obsession isn’t healthy. Even CP’s fans aren’t getting so worked up over what she said. Seek help.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Didn’t she say herself she wants to make it and will do everything she can to be ready?
Yes. But she won’t make it. She even knows the timing is tough and called it a dream. A professional athlete wants to try though. Shocking stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The haters will find any issue they want no matter what she said. If she said nah I gave up on the WC dream. They would probably say “see! This is why she will never be a successful athlete. She has no drive! Others would be fighting so hard to make the WC squad.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 May 2023, 23:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yes. But she won’t make it. She even knows the timing is tough and called it a dream. A professional athlete wants to try though. Shocking stuff.
Christen will try everything she can to be ready that's a given you can tell by what she said and because it is a dream of hers that's obviously worth trying for to her. I would never discredit Christen's ambition or drive to fulfill this dream. I personally could not say one way or the other if she could make it because I'm not sure, others obviously think differently. I look forward to seeing her play again, I just want her to be healthy and recovered so she can be happy and safe playing again. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah she did. She said she’s working to be back as quickly as possible so she can make it. Idk why that stan leaves that part out all the time. She didn’t just say it’s a dream. She’s actively trying to go.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Ertz is not in game shape as her passes are not timely and she's getting dispossessed easily. one knock of any sort and she's not going to make the WC. In fact, she'll probably retire if she doesn't make the squad. There's no incentive to play for ACFC beyond preparing for the WC. Despite knowing what she could do, the chances are slim she makes it back. Don't be surprised and don't look away when she flubs it tonight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 01:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah she did. She said she’s working to be back as quickly as possible so she can make it. Idk why that stan leaves that part out all the time. She didn’t just say it’s a dream. She’s actively trying to go.
So she can try to make it. You’re twisting it into her saying she’s making definitely making it so it can fit your agenda and you can call her entitled lol. Even though she’s not making it. That’s all just in your head. It’s been 5 days now and you’re still mad about hypotheticals after the most basic interview.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 01:31
Ertz is not in game shape as her passes are not timely and she's getting dispossessed easily. one knock of any sort and she's not going to make the WC. In fact, she'll probably retire if she doesn't make the squad. There's no incentive to play for ACFC beyond preparing for the WC. Despite knowing what she could do, the chances are slim she makes it back. Don't be surprised and don't look away when she flubs it tonight.
She’s been their best player in the games she’s played for them so far. She will be good. Don’t look away when your overrated Spirit lose bc everyone thinks they are better than they are just because they are undefeated. They have looked worse than LA even when JJ hasn’t been there. Rodman will continue to choke against them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 01:31
Before she got called up in April just about everyone assumed she was going to retire, so if she does retire after her season with ACFC or after the WC, I really don't think anyone will be surprised. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 01:34
LMAO who are half of these people?