Iga Swiatek - Tennis Player

Reactions:

Re: Iga Swiatek - Tennis Player

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 13:18
"I could meet my friends and do things that a normal person would do."

She feels the need lately to explain herself. Just as Daria started mentioning her husband all the time, Iga started to mention her friends all the time.
Said the same thing after Warsaw open. Before this year this was never mentioned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 13:17
Does anyone else feel like we don’t know the real Iga? I’m not saying her public persona is fake, but I don’t think she is the same person behind closed doors.
Yes, I think so too. I think we only see a selected part of her life and personality but I get it. As a person who is in the spotlight a lot, maybe she just wants to enjoy some parts of her life away from the press and social media. Can‘t blame her though, especially with all the insults and threats tennis players get.

I also think it‘s normal to some extent. First of all, not everyone is comfortable in front of a camera or a bigger group of people and naturally you would behave differently around your friends as compared to an official interview. I can definitely say that I act differently at work when my boss is around vs. when I‘m with my friends :D
So yeah, I think we only see a part of the real Iga, I don‘t see it as a negative thing.

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
Does anyone else feel like we don’t know the real Iga? I’m not saying her public persona is fake, but I don’t think she is the same person behind closed doors.
Well, she is definitely not such a sweet, innocent girl as in those interviews. For example, it is pretty obvious that in her private life she is quite vulgar and curses a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

nanorobot wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 13:45
Guest wrote:
Well, she is definitely not such a sweet, innocent girl as in those interviews. For example, it is pretty obvious that in her private life she is quite vulgar and curses a lot.
What makes you say this? I haven’t heard this before.

User 357
Reactions:

Post by User 357 »

nanorobot wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well, she is definitely not such a sweet, innocent girl as in those interviews. For example, it is pr :lol: etty obvious that in her private life she is quite vulgar and curses a lot.
Where did you get that? 😅 I think that she is more tough and quite a character ( even her ex coaches said that) but .. Vulgar? 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

User 357 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 13:59
nanorobot wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well, she is definitely not such a sweet, innocent girl as in those interviews. For example, it is pr :lol: etty obvious that in her private life she is quite vulgar and curses a lot.
Where did you get that? 😅 I think that she is more tough and quite a character ( even her ex coaches said that) but .. Vulgar? 😂
I think this person might be on to something. But I’m not sure where they got this from.

User 357
Reactions:

Post by User 357 »

I recommend you guys eurosport.pl Instagram and last video. That was quite honest answer from Iga about no1. She compared wta tour to Hunger Games 😅 And said that she had more fun when she was starting in 2019. And I agree, it really shows that she has less and less fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

User 357 wrote:
nanorobot wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well, I heard what language she used when she did not realize that the microphone was on during some of the press conferences. Also, last year after the final of WTA 1000 in Rome, her coach Wiktorowski yelled something like "Widzisz, a tak mnie wcześniej opierdoliłaś!" to her in public, which is foul language. This clearly shows how they talk to each other privately and that she accepts it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 14:31
User 357 wrote:
nanorobot wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well, I heard what language she used when she did not realize that the microphone was on during some of the press conferences. Also, last year after the final of WTA 1000 in Rome, her coach Wiktorowski yelled something like "Widzisz, a tak mnie wcześniej opierdoliłaś!" to her in public, which is foul language. This clearly shows how they talk to each other privately and that she accepts it.
:rofl:
DA, pretty sure she swears but so what, everybody does more or less, myself included. I'm think some people wouldn't believe if they heard me in private, lmao. There's also a very popular meme/gif with Iga where she says a very popular Polish swear words that begin with "k.... m..", or sometimes during matches I could see it by her lip movement, her coach too. I remember one time when the camera showed her team and the coach said some foul hints that everybody on tv could hear very well, the commentators laughed and added "but you know what, those were good observations" :lol: It's hilarious, but I don't see anything wrong with that, they must be comfortable if they use such words around each other, and they're not the only ones.

She even reacted to that gif on twitter! Iga: "Don't know what you're talking about 🙊😅"

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 16:18
DA, pretty sure she swears but so what, everybody does more or less, myself included. I'm think some people wouldn't believe if they heard me in private,
Well, of course I'm not talking about swearing in some stressful situations, but about using foul language as a filler during conversations. In Iga's case, she probably picked up that kind of language from her father, who is definitely not an intellectual.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Latest interview with Iga (pt 1)

"Super Express": Behind you as many as 66 games this season, and lately after successive tournaments you have been talking more and more about the need for rest, quiet training and mental reset before the last part of the season. Have you been able to satisfy these needs now during these several days spent at home?

Iga Swiatek: Yes. I think I've managed enough to catch up with these three tournaments of the season with a good attitude and on a slight freshness, although not completely, of course. I'm glad that after the US Open I had a week during which I could rest and, above all, return home, because earlier in the season, however, I was resting abroad and already missed a lot. I had time to rest as well as train for a week. And we will do a second solid week of training already in Tokyo, and I think this is a good plan for the near future.

- Let's go back for a moment to your match against Jelena Ostapenko (6:3, 3:6, 1:6 in the 4th round of the US Open), after which you said that you yourself actually don't know what happened and you also have to watch the match and analyze it to see what didn't work. How do you now assess that defeat with more distance?

- To be honest, I played so poorly that there were many things in my tennis that didn't work. It wasn't just one thing, because one thing pulled others. She also knows that tactically I could have approached the second and third sets differently, I didn't fully adjust to what was happening on the court. Technically I felt little control, because I didn't know why she suddenly started making so many mistakes after such a successful first set. This made me feel a bit helpless, because I had a hard time finding a way to improve my game and some technical correction that could make it easier for me. Actually, such a state persisted until the end of the match. I often manage to get out of such situations, but in this match it didn't work out. I also know that Ostapenko is a player who somehow has a strange attitude towards me. She suits my style of play, and I don't like her style, and this mix made this match more challenging than against other opponents.

- In New York you had the opportunity to get to know Roger Federer more closely. Apparently, he gave you some valuable advice, and after you lost at the US Open and lost your lead in the ranking, you also referred to his words.

- First of all, he meant that the most important thing to do now, is to focus on winning tournaments and what actually pulls you to give your best on the court. It's not the points or the ranking at all, because that's just the result of what kind of approach we have during tournaments. It's important to go to each tournament with the attitude that you want to win it, regardless of how many points it will bring and what might happen in the ranking. This is also what Roger and I were discussing now, although it is clear that we didn't have much time for this conversation. It wasn't that I was able to talk through my entire career with him, but without question I liked how open he was. He gave me some advice, although I'll admit that in terms of character and personality, I think we are quite different. He was able to treat tennis more socially, and he himself has now revealed to me that he invited various friends to tournaments. I'm not at that stage yet, because I feel like that would distract me more. There are still many things I can learn, and Roger has shown me a completely different perspective.

- Ivan Ljubicić, Federer's former coach, recently said in an interview with Canal+ that in his opinion you stress and worry too much about everything and should approach tennis in a more relaxed way. Is this possible in your case, because I have the impression that you are the kind of person who gets energy from this tension and maximum concentration.

- I've never even talked to him, so this kind of advice is kind of.... OK, I understand, this is his opinion, not exactly advice. I know what my team tells me and what advice he gives me, and without question, my goal is to lower expectations and not think about all those ranking points. I'll admit that all that's going on around tennis and the whole environment isn't exactly conducive to that, but I'd like to change that a bit. Roger played in a slightly different time. Now the sport has changed, looking at what additional responsibilities we have, what we have to watch out for, how we have to speak out on serious world issues, or fight for some things off the court as well. It would be nice to get back to basics and be focused only on growing as a player. That's my goal, and I think it will be a little easier to do that now that I could reset after the US Open. And such advice that I should be more relaxed? Life is more complicated, and I think I will benefit more from the advice of people who are around me and help me every day to catch a little more balance.

- The number 1 ranking position is also associated with the role of representative and ambassador of women's tennis, and you - despite your young age - have become known as a leader who speaks out very courageously on important issues. Now that the number 1 position has been taken by someone else, are you going to step back into the shadows a bit?

- Good question... I would certainly like to have more head space and time now to learn new things on the court and grow as a player. However, I don't know if all the things that are happening off the court that I'm participating in affect that. I think the calendar and all the things I have to take care of when I'm at home have affected it. And the very statements I make at press conferences or on social media? I wouldn't say it's time-consuming. Actually emotionally I am involved in it, because these are important things for me, but I treat it as a completely different sphere of my career. We'll see. I would like it to be sort of natural, I don't plan such things until the end. I would certainly like to remove myself from the shadows in this regard, to dig into the work a little bit and train. But if there is something important to a person, I think they should always voice their opinion.

- It's easy to sense that you and Aryna Sabalenka are not good friends and broadcast on different waves, but you have respect for each other. Even now the Belarusian, after taking the lead in the ranking, spoke again about how you motivate her to work hard. Is it fair to say that although she is not your friend, you need each other as great rivals and a source of motivation?

- This can actually be said of most female rivals. I only have one friend in the Tour (Kaja Juvan, ed.). I never felt the need for Aryna to be my closer friend. We also trained little together before we started competing at the highest level. From the beginning it was a bit like that. I have the impression that we are completely different in terms of characters and personalities. I respect her immensely, I see how hard she works. She's been number 2 for so long, and she's finally broken through in a sense. I'm glad that she speaks respectfully about me, because that's really okay, but in general I can confirm that we are not friends, and I think that actually shows.

- When you pass each other on the way to training or in the locker room, do you just say "hello" to each other, or is there also room for a short courtesy call?

- It's more like we just say hello to each other, we didn't have any such chats even a few years ago, so I don't see the point of somehow changing that now.

- Before the US Open, I had the opportunity to talk to John McEnroe and he said that considering also the circumstances under which you became No. 1 (the end of Ash Barty's career, ed.), he was very impressed by how well you handled the pressure. During those 75 weeks, was pressure the biggest challenge?

- No. I think what was more difficult this season was already what was happening on the court. I felt that my opponents have deciphered my game, they know what to expect and what I'm going to play at certain moments, because they know what my favorite solution is in given situations. That all changed because I had so dominated the previous year. I was No. 1 for 75 weeks and they were analyzing my tennis very hard all the time. They were also very focused on playing their best against me. It was demanding for me. The paradox for me was that it was much harder. But on the other hand, for example, soccer players have the same thing. Probably when Messi plays, there are always three defenders running alongside him and it's much harder for him to play. It was the kind of thing I had to adapt to, which I also had to understand and accept. It wasn't easy. When I become No. 1 for the second time, I will definitely approach it with a little more awareness and better prepared. I'm very happy to have been No. 1 for so long, especially since I had a lot of injuries this season. I think that when I became the leader, I actually handled that pressure very well at the beginning, even though I didn't feel in my place. I showed that I was worth it. That was very important for me in 2022.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

pt 2.
- One of the main advantages of being a professional tennis player is traveling, and you - which is easy to see on Instagram - are a person who is curious about the world and likes to be closer to nature, not just where most tourists are. Which place has impressed you the most? To which do you have the greatest fondness and where do you most like to return as a tourist?

- This is a very difficult question. Without a doubt, I feel most comfortable in Europe. Italy as a whole always makes a great impression on me. I feel super comfortable there. There are so many places to see there. I certainly like the Rome tournament a lot, especially when I have a little more time to explore. I think just Italy is my favorite country as a tourist.

- Recently your stable of sponsors has grown a lot. Big global brands have arrived, and you are known for carefully ensuring that there is the right balance between the sport and the marketing sphere. New sponsors are a sign that as you get older and gain experience in the tour, it becomes easier and easier for you to find that balance?

- Yes, as much as possible. I remember when I signed my first contracts, it was aggravating for me, and I needed a few tournaments to get used to the situation and understand that it doesn't really affect what happens on the court and I shouldn't put everything together like that. Now I'm able to distance myself a bit, and the partners I'm teaming up with are very understanding and knowledgeable about the sport. They know how to deal with an athlete, that you have to give him space to develop. I hope there won't be too many setbacks in the future, but I believe I will have a lot of support from them no matter how my career goes on. In general, ever since I felt that I could achieve something in tennis, this has also been a goal for me. I always knew that I also wanted to achieve a lot business-wise and, in a way, to capitalize on the potential of this success. That's why I'm glad I did it, and at the same time kept enough balance to develop as a player.

- In New York, you met Seal (the famous British singer, ed.) and this, as Daria Abramowicz revealed to Radio 357, under very interesting circumstances. At the salad bar in one of the restaurants. What was it like?

- Actually we met for the third time. A year ago we met at the US Open. This season I had a chance to exchange a few words with him at Wimbledon and now actually in New York too. He is a smug person.

- Apparently he knows tennis very well.

- Yes. He himself said that if he hadn't become a musician, he would have wanted to be a tennis player. I replied that actually when I was younger I felt the opposite, so we laughed a bit about it. We talked a little bit about music, a little bit about tennis and a little bit about life in the limelight. She's a really positive person and it's a nice break from the tournament to meet such a person who seemingly has a different job, but on the other hand, there's a lot of connection and you get the feeling that she understands you.

- The "Forbes" website published another list of the highest-earning tennis players and claims that in 12 months you earned a total of more than $22 million on the court and advertising. I won't ask you how much these figures have to do with the truth, but I'm curious, do you have advisors who help you invest this money? IMG, the management agency you are associated with, also offers such services?

- No, IMG is not likely to deal with investing. They deal with sponsors and talk to my partners. When it comes to investing, you have to look for advisors from another side. For the time being, I'm approaching it quite calmly. I've had several investment proposals, and I'll admit that I've been a bit mentally overwhelmed at times. I realize that I don't have a huge amount of knowledge when it comes to investing, so I'd like to educate myself first and focus on raising capital. Only when I'm 27-30 years old will I try to invest the money more wisely. I am a person who likes to be in control of what he does. Where I don't have the right knowledge, I prefer to get it first. For now, I'm exploring the territory and we'll see what happens in the future.

User 357
Reactions:

Post by User 357 »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 17:37
Latest interview with Iga (pt 1)

"Super Express": Behind you as many as 66 games this season, and lately after successive tournaments you have been talking more and more about the need for rest, quiet training and mental reset before the last part of the season. Have you been able to satisfy these needs now during these several days spent at home?

Iga Swiatek: Yes. I think I've managed enough to catch up with these three tournaments of the season with a good attitude and on a slight freshness, although not completely, of course. I'm glad that after the US Open I had a week during which I could rest and, above all, return home, because earlier in the season, however, I was resting abroad and already missed a lot. I had time to rest as well as train for a week. And we will do a second solid week of training already in Tokyo, and I think this is a good plan for the near future.

- Let's go back for a moment to your match against Jelena Ostapenko (6:3, 3:6, 1:6 in the 4th round of the US Open), after which you said that you yourself actually don't know what happened and you also have to watch the match and analyze it to see what didn't work. How do you now assess that defeat with more distance?

- To be honest, I played so poorly that there were many things in my tennis that didn't work. It wasn't just one thing, because one thing pulled others. She also knows that tactically I could have approached the second and third sets differently, I didn't fully adjust to what was happening on the court. Technically I felt little control, because I didn't know why she suddenly started making so many mistakes after such a successful first set. This made me feel a bit helpless, because I had a hard time finding a way to improve my game and some technical correction that could make it easier for me. Actually, such a state persisted until the end of the match. I often manage to get out of such situations, but in this match it didn't work out. I also know that Ostapenko is a player who somehow has a strange attitude towards me. She suits my style of play, and I don't like her style, and this mix made this match more challenging than against other opponents.

- In New York you had the opportunity to get to know Roger Federer more closely. Apparently, he gave you some valuable advice, and after you lost at the US Open and lost your lead in the ranking, you also referred to his words.

- First of all, he meant that the most important thing to do now, is to focus on winning tournaments and what actually pulls you to give your best on the court. It's not the points or the ranking at all, because that's just the result of what kind of approach we have during tournaments. It's important to go to each tournament with the attitude that you want to win it, regardless of how many points it will bring and what might happen in the ranking. This is also what Roger and I were discussing now, although it is clear that we didn't have much time for this conversation. It wasn't that I was able to talk through my entire career with him, but without question I liked how open he was. He gave me some advice, although I'll admit that in terms of character and personality, I think we are quite different. He was able to treat tennis more socially, and he himself has now revealed to me that he invited various friends to tournaments. I'm not at that stage yet, because I feel like that would distract me more. There are still many things I can learn, and Roger has shown me a completely different perspective.

- Ivan Ljubicić, Federer's former coach, recently said in an interview with Canal+ that in his opinion you stress and worry too much about everything and should approach tennis in a more relaxed way. Is this possible in your case, because I have the impression that you are the kind of person who gets energy from this tension and maximum concentration.

- I've never even talked to him, so this kind of advice is kind of.... OK, I understand, this is his opinion, not exactly advice. I know what my team tells me and what advice he gives me, and without question, my goal is to lower expectations and not think about all those ranking points. I'll admit that all that's going on around tennis and the whole environment isn't exactly conducive to that, but I'd like to change that a bit. Roger played in a slightly different time. Now the sport has changed, looking at what additional responsibilities we have, what we have to watch out for, how we have to speak out on serious world issues, or fight for some things off the court as well. It would be nice to get back to basics and be focused only on growing as a player. That's my goal, and I think it will be a little easier to do that now that I could reset after the US Open. And such advice that I should be more relaxed? Life is more complicated, and I think I will benefit more from the advice of people who are around me and help me every day to catch a little more balance.

- The number 1 ranking position is also associated with the role of representative and ambassador of women's tennis, and you - despite your young age - have become known as a leader who speaks out very courageously on important issues. Now that the number 1 position has been taken by someone else, are you going to step back into the shadows a bit?

- Good question... I would certainly like to have more head space and time now to learn new things on the court and grow as a player. However, I don't know if all the things that are happening off the court that I'm participating in affect that. I think the calendar and all the things I have to take care of when I'm at home have affected it. And the very statements I make at press conferences or on social media? I wouldn't say it's time-consuming. Actually emotionally I am involved in it, because these are important things for me, but I treat it as a completely different sphere of my career. We'll see. I would like it to be sort of natural, I don't plan such things until the end. I would certainly like to remove myself from the shadows in this regard, to dig into the work a little bit and train. But if there is something important to a person, I think they should always voice their opinion.

- It's easy to sense that you and Aryna Sabalenka are not good friends and broadcast on different waves, but you have respect for each other. Even now the Belarusian, after taking the lead in the ranking, spoke again about how you motivate her to work hard. Is it fair to say that although she is not your friend, you need each other as great rivals and a source of motivation?

- This can actually be said of most female rivals. I only have one friend in the Tour (Kaja Juvan, ed.). I never felt the need for Aryna to be my closer friend. We also trained little together before we started competing at the highest level. From the beginning it was a bit like that. I have the impression that we are completely different in terms of characters and personalities. I respect her immensely, I see how hard she works. She's been number 2 for so long, and she's finally broken through in a sense. I'm glad that she speaks respectfully about me, because that's really okay, but in general I can confirm that we are not friends, and I think that actually shows.

- When you pass each other on the way to training or in the locker room, do you just say "hello" to each other, or is there also room for a short courtesy call?

- It's more like we just say hello to each other, we didn't have any such chats even a few years ago, so I don't see the point of somehow changing that now.

- Before the US Open, I had the opportunity to talk to John McEnroe and he said that considering also the circumstances under which you became No. 1 (the end of Ash Barty's career, ed.), he was very impressed by how well you handled the pressure. During those 75 weeks, was pressure the biggest challenge?

- No. I think what was more difficult this season was already what was happening on the court. I felt that my opponents have deciphered my game, they know what to expect and what I'm going to play at certain moments, because they know what my favorite solution is in given situations. That all changed because I had so dominated the previous year. I was No. 1 for 75 weeks and they were analyzing my tennis very hard all the time. They were also very focused on playing their best against me. It was demanding for me. The paradox for me was that it was much harder. But on the other hand, for example, soccer players have the same thing. Probably when Messi plays, there are always three defenders running alongside him and it's much harder for him to play. It was the kind of thing I had to adapt to, which I also had to understand and accept. It wasn't easy. When I become No. 1 for the second time, I will definitely approach it with a little more awareness and better prepared. I'm very happy to have been No. 1 for so long, especially since I had a lot of injuries this season. I think that when I became the leader, I actually handled that pressure very well at the beginning, even though I didn't feel in my place. I showed that I was worth it. That was very important for me in 2022.
Okay, but she is actually a little mean in this one 😅 At least that's what I get from this interview 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Now the sport has changed, looking at what additional responsibilities we have, what we have to watch out for, how we have to speak out on serious world issues, or fight for some things off the court as well."

Ummm... Aside from noisy journalists who like induce scandals no one really expects tennis players to present opinions on controversial topics? No one forced her to voice her opinion regarding war and equal pay, so she shouldn't really say that she is somehow obliged to do so. I feel that Daria put into her head the "importance" of being no. 1 and that this honour comes with "responsibility" and "mission".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 10:37
Any buddha from Poland tell us what Iga said at the PZU press conference? We can't do anything but stare at Iga's beautiful cute face. In exchange, we'll tell you anecdotes about Iga in Beijing. Two weeks to go.
Multicultural exchange :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

User 357 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 17:44
Okay, but she is actually a little mean in this one 😅 At least that's what I get from this interview 😅
She was a bit rude at certain points there and I was surprised. I wonder if she's stressed out about something. It feels like she is rather on edge sometimes and doesn't let herself relax and speak freely. I'm hoping that losing the world number one ranking will allow her to let go of some of this responsibility and burden and focus more on her own growth as an individual. This is her life after all. She is not just Iga Świątek the tennis player and public figure, she is her own person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 21:28
User 357 wrote:
She was a bit rude at certain points there and I was surprised. I wonder if she's stressed out about something. It feels like she is rather on edge sometimes and doesn't let herself relax and speak freely. I'm hoping that losing the world number one ranking will allow her to let go of some of this responsibility and burden and focus more on her own growth as an individual. This is her life after all. She is not just Iga Świątek the tennis player and public figure, she is her own person.
I was quite surprised about her answer regarding world no 1 and having a certain responsibility and being the leader etc. It did sound like it wore her down so maybe now she can relax more.

It‘s going to be interesting to see what kind of no 1 Aryna will be. I don‘t see her speaking up about certain issues at all, but maybe she will surprise us all .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 21:40
Guest wrote:
User 357 wrote:
I was quite surprised about her answer regarding world no 1 and having a certain responsibility and being the leader etc. It did sound like it wore her down so maybe now she can relax more.

It‘s going to be interesting to see what kind of no 1 Aryna will be. I don‘t see her speaking up about certain issues at all, but maybe she will surprise us all .
I don't, either. Aryna is very carefree and relaxed; a fun-loving, always joking girl. The total opposite of Iga.Come to think of it, I don't remember other previous world number one players talking about serious world issues. I do remember Naomi as world number one speaking out about BLM but it felt like it was more out of her own passion, not an obligation due to her ranking. Ashleigh and Simona I don't remember talking about serious issues at any point. And then the men I barely follow but I don't really hear anything from them either. So I also wonder where this idea that the world number one has this heavy burden and duty to address serious world topics comes from. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, I love tennis but I just follow the players casually so I miss a lot. I don't know. Something seems really off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 23:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
User 357 wrote:

I don't, either. Aryna is very carefree and relaxed; a fun-loving, always joking girl. The total opposite of Iga.Come to think of it, I don't remember other previous world number one players talking about serious world issues. I do remember Naomi as world number one speaking out about BLM but it felt like it was more out of her own passion, not an obligation due to her ranking. Ashleigh and Simona I don't remember talking about serious issues at any point. And then the men I barely follow but I don't really hear anything from them either. So I also wonder where this idea that the world number one has this heavy burden and duty to address serious world topics comes from. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, I love tennis but I just follow the players casually so I miss a lot. I don't know. Something seems really off.
I remember that when Serena was pregnant there were a few articles about how a strong leader is missing in women‘s tennis and that‘s why it‘s declining in popularity. But I think that was more about having someone who is present in the mainstream media, not so much about addressing issues.
And to be fair, I think Iga mostly spoke about the war in Ukraine. At least I don‘t remember any other political/societal issues that she addressed. And the Ukraine thing is obviously because Poland and Ukraine have a strong bond.

I get it when it directly affects tennis or tennis players, like when Peng Shuai went missing but other than that I don‘t think tennis players (or any athlete really) should feel obliged to address issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 23:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
User 357 wrote:

I remember that when Serena was pregnant there were a few articles about how a strong leader is missing in women‘s tennis and that‘s why it‘s declining in popularity. But I think that was more about having someone who is present in the mainstream media, not so much about addressing issues.
And to be fair, I think Iga mostly spoke about the war in Ukraine. At least I don‘t remember any other political/societal issues that she addressed. And the Ukraine thing is obviously because Poland and Ukraine have a strong bond.

I get it when it directly affects tennis or tennis players, like when Peng Shuai went missing but other than that I don‘t think tennis players (or any athlete really) should feel obliged to address issues.
Why do you think that idea to feel obliged to adress issues or speak voice about some thing that truly bothers you is bad or must be imposted?
There are different people in society in general so in sports as well. Some people are more responsible, some less. Maybe she is the kind of person who internally feels that if she has this opportunity to speak in front of a large audience, she should use this chance for good.
Most people just live and enjoy the benefits, only a few take the position of an activist in some issue and it is these people who are the drivers of change.

To be honest, most tennis players are bad role models outside of tennis, because most of them often they are children of rich parents who had the opportunity to play tennis. They have a completely different life from the usual average statistical person.

Most of them do not even have higher education. Those who are lucky enough to become famous later earn money from their popularity.
The more apolitical you are, the less problematic you seem in the eyes of sponsors, so it is not surprising that few of them express anything. although there were still examples. Djokovic is not afraid about expressing his opinions about politics and vaccination. But not everyone is so stubborn and such a good tennis player that they can withstand criticism of their opinions like he does.

So it's not suspicious. Similarly, not everyone is as responsible as Iga.
Take Saba, for example. If she had her way, she wouldn't talk about politics or any other global things at all, because she doesn't care about any of that. She would be constantly appearing in some fashion magazines, partying and living her best life. And there is nothing wrong with that, just a different attitude to life and a different outlook.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 00:58
Guest wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 23:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why do you think that idea to feel obliged to adress issues or speak voice about some thing that truly bothers you is bad or must be imposted?
There are different people in society in general so in sports as well. Some people are more responsible, some less. Maybe she is the kind of person who internally feels that if she has this opportunity to speak in front of a large audience, she should use this chance for good.
Most people just live and enjoy the benefits, only a few take the position of an activist in some issue and it is these people who are the drivers of change.

To be honest, most tennis players are bad role models outside of tennis, because most of them often they are children of rich parents who had the opportunity to play tennis. They have a completely different life from the usual average statistical person.

Most of them do not even have higher education. Those who are lucky enough to become famous later earn money from their popularity.
The more apolitical you are, the less problematic you seem in the eyes of sponsors, so it is not surprising that few of them express anything. although there were still examples. Djokovic is not afraid about expressing his opinions about politics and vaccination. But not everyone is so stubborn and such a good tennis player that they can withstand criticism of their opinions like he does.

So it's not suspicious. Similarly, not everyone is as responsible as Iga.
Take Saba, for example. If she had her way, she wouldn't talk about politics or any other global things at all, because she doesn't care about any of that. She would be constantly appearing in some fashion magazines, partying and living her best life. And there is nothing wrong with that, just a different attitude to life and a different outlook.
?
I never said that?
Nobody should feel obliged to do or say anything, not as the world no 1, not as the world no 46. The top players will be asked about certain topics on press conferences anyways, but that‘s a different story.

I said that I understand it when people proactively speak up when it directly affects them or their sports (like many players did in the Peng Shaui case) but I don‘t think it‘s a necessity, especially because when players don‘t want to talk about certain topics, they mostly give shallow and at times even stupid answers. Like you said, most tennis players are not especially good people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 17:30
I’d thought Iga is an idiot or a 5 year old with the way some of you talk about her here
Some fans spread more hate than love unfortunately 😔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

nanorobot wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 20:41
Guest wrote:
I’d thought Iga is an idiot or a 5 year old with the way some of you talk about her here
I would say she is to some extent menatally underdeveloped. She may be 22, but she often acts like she is 13-15 (like photobombing people for example). Her knowledge of how the world works is also quite limited, and she is quite naive about many things. Unfortunately, this immaturity is the main reason why Daria took control of her so easily.
She’s an extremely funny/witty person as her polish fans pointed out from her polish interviews. She may sound “naive” in her second language but even so you can tell she’s self aware and empathetic. That takes a lot of emotional intelligence. She also works with many professionals that are experts in their fields, like sponsors, managers, journalists or her own team, not just one person. She may be introverted and not partying every day or attending fashion shows but she sure isn’t naive when it comes to managing her career.
Athletes are generally younger than people around them, but is Iga naive as a 22 year old? I think you can find plenty of people at that age that knows nothing about what they want for life. Is she more naive than say her peer sabalenka? Apart from romantic relationships I’d say Iga surpasses her in all departments in terms of maturity.

Photobombing is just her being quirky and herself. Imagine not doing what you want because you are “too old for it”?
She maybe borderline autistic or very sensitive which makes her less willing to socialise but I see it more as a personality trait rather than mental immaturity.

Daria feels more like her assistant at this point. People like Iga tend to have small closed circle of confidant, Daria surely is one. And why wouldn’t you ask for advice from someone whose job is to give you advice? Iga is also not one to always listen. There are many stories of her having fights with her team.
Saying Daria controls Iga though is ridiculous and may I say, naive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 18:36
Guest wrote:
Some fans spread more hate than love unfortunately 😔
😕

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 21:35
nanorobot wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 20:41
Guest wrote:
I would say she is to some extent menatally underdeveloped. She may be 22, but she often acts like she is 13-15 (like photobombing people for example). Her knowledge of how the world works is also quite limited, and she is quite naive about many things. Unfortunately, this immaturity is the main reason why Daria took control of her so easily.
She’s an extremely funny/witty person as her polish fans pointed out from her polish interviews. She may sound “naive” in her second language but even so you can tell she’s self aware and empathetic. That takes a lot of emotional intelligence. She also works with many professionals that are experts in their fields, like sponsors, managers, journalists or her own team, not just one person. She may be introverted and not partying every day or attending fashion shows but she sure isn’t naive when it comes to managing her career.
Athletes are generally younger than people around them, but is Iga naive as a 22 year old? I think you can find plenty of people at that age that knows nothing about what they want for life. Is she more naive than say her peer sabalenka? Apart from romantic relationships I’d say Iga surpasses her in all departments in terms of maturity.

Photobombing is just her being quirky and herself. Imagine not doing what you want because you are “too old for it”?
She maybe borderline autistic or very sensitive which makes her less willing to socialise but I see it more as a personality trait rather than mental immaturity.

Daria feels more like her assistant at this point. People like Iga tend to have small closed circle of confidant, Daria surely is one. And why wouldn’t you ask for advice from someone whose job is to give you advice? Iga is also not one to always listen. There are many stories of her having fights with her team.
Saying Daria controls Iga though is ridiculous and may I say, naive.
Agree with all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 15:31
I would anyone love to see vlogs of tournaments with Iga and her team like the ones from Kasatkina and Zabiiako
Not gonna happen, Iga's personality isn't the type to share many things. Even if it wasn't her recording those clips and just someone from her team doing the work, I don't think she'd like that. She probably already has enough people wanting to take pics, videos and interview her. Dasha and Natasha do it because they also like it, it's like a side hobby for them, but I can't imagine it's Iga's thing.

However I'd love for her to appear in one of Kasatkina and Zabiiako's vlogs, but I don't think that's gonna happen either :-/ I mean, apparently Iga and Dasha's relations are good (from what Iga's team said), but I don't think they are 'casually joke and talk about random stuff' close... :-(

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 22:17
What do you mean about photobombing? The first time I hear about it
I mean things like when she photobombs Wawrinka and Ruud:

Or when she pranks Zverev and Rybakina:

That is not normal behavior for a 22-year-old woman ...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 02:22
Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 15:31
I would anyone love to see vlogs of tournaments with Iga and her team like the ones from Kasatkina and Zabiiako
Not gonna happen, Iga's personality isn't the type to share many things. Even if it wasn't her recording those clips and just someone from her team doing the work, I don't think she'd like that. She probably already has enough people wanting to take pics, videos and interview her. Dasha and Natasha do it because they also like it, it's like a side hobby for them, but I can't imagine it's Iga's thing.

However I'd love for her to appear in one of Kasatkina and Zabiiako's vlogs, but I don't think that's gonna happen either :-/ I mean, apparently Iga and Dasha's relations are good (from what Iga's team said), but I don't think they are 'casually joke and talk about random stuff' close... :-(
Other than Kaja Juvan she doesn’t have any friend on your anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

nanorobot wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 06:59
Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 22:17
What do you mean about photobombing? The first time I hear about it
I mean things like when she photobombs Wawrinka and Ruud:

Or when she pranks Zverev and Rybakina:

That is not normal behavior for a 22-year-old woman ...
What are you talking about? Iga is cute as hell. Don't you know Iga's nickname in China? Little cutie and Straight A schoolgirl, officially recognized by WTA China. There are other nicknames named after food, little warm sun, little mooncake, baby iga...Iga sometimes acts like a baby and that's cute. We want to eat her. Due to cultural differences, I must explain that eating someone just means she is very cute, and wanting to have sex with someone just means she is very pretty and sexy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 11:19

What are you talking about? Iga is cute as hell. Don't you know Iga's nickname in China? Little cutie and Straight A schoolgirl, officially recognized by WTA China. There are other nicknames named after food, little warm sun, little mooncake, baby iga...Iga sometimes acts like a baby and that's cute. We want to eat her. Due to cultural differences, I must explain that eating someone just means she is very cute, and wanting to have sex with someone just means she is very pretty and sexy.
since you've shown up again I want to ask about what is the situation of lgbt people in China? Because I hardly ever see news about China from this point of view, only politics, wars, and the economy. Your first-hand experience is interesting. Do you have any forums like this where you can talk about it freely or meet people? Does society condemn it strongly? Is there a difference between the perception of gays and lesbians?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do y’all think Iga could be autistic or somewhere on the spectrum?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 12:38
maybe slightly, but not to the serious extent (not as much as one of the users here tries to portray it)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 12:32
Guest wrote:

since you've shown up again I want to ask about what is the situation of lgbt people in China? Because I hardly ever see news about China from this point of view, only politics, wars, and the economy. Your first-hand experience is interesting. Do you have any forums like this where you can talk about it freely or meet people? Does society condemn it strongly? Is there a difference between the perception of gays and lesbians?
Nowadays people mainly meet each other on web. We have forums, but not the exclusive ones for LGBT. Gays and lesbians congregate separately in certain gay public or private chat groups that are their own. These groups usually number over ten thousand people. There are a lot of older gay men who go to parks and public restrooms to meet each other since they don't know how to use computers. North India has never had laws to promote or protect the LGBT community. North India does not recognize the dominance of any religion. More than 95% of North Indians are atheist. In the 20th century, we were very poor and most of the people were only concerned about eating and surviving, no one cared about a person's sexual orientation, and people didn't even know what homosexuality was.In the 21st century, with the internet coming into the life of every North Indian, the topic of LGBT has come. Every educated young person now knows what LGBT is. LGBT is not a taboo subject in North India and everyone is free to talk about it. But we don't talk about it as a serious subject because if it becomes a serious subject then it will inevitably become a political topic. If you live in North India, you can see what is going on every day, gay discussing that which guy is hot and they want to have sex with him, or talking about WTA dramas. Lesbians are usually quiet and they mainly discuss, which girl is gay and who is cute. The ratio of gay men to lesbians is about the same as in your country. But considering that North India has a tradition of preferring boys, there would actually be more girls aborted or abandoned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 14:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nowadays people mainly meet each other on web. We have forums, but not the exclusive ones for LGBT. Gays and lesbians congregate separately in certain gay public or private chat groups that are their own. These groups usually number over ten thousand people. There are a lot of older gay men who go to parks and public restrooms to meet each other since they don't know how to use computers. North India has never had laws to promote or protect the LGBT community. North India does not recognize the dominance of any religion. More than 95% of North Indians are atheist. In the 20th century, we were very poor and most of the people were only concerned about eating and surviving, no one cared about a person's sexual orientation, and people didn't even know what homosexuality was.In the 21st century, with the internet coming into the life of every North Indian, the topic of LGBT has come. Every educated young person now knows what LGBT is. LGBT is not a taboo subject in North India and everyone is free to talk about it. But we don't talk about it as a serious subject because if it becomes a serious subject then it will inevitably become a political topic. If you live in North India, you can see what is going on every day, gay discussing that which guy is hot and they want to have sex with him, or talking about WTA dramas. Lesbians are usually quiet and they mainly discuss, which girl is gay and who is cute. The ratio of gay men to lesbians is about the same as in your country. But considering that North India has a tradition of preferring boys, there would actually be more girls aborted or abandoned.
Curious why you refer to China as north India? Is that a censorship thing?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I’m on the spectrum myself and it wouldn’t surprise me. Obviously not in a way that’s impairing at all, but maybe in a way that makes it hard to read social situations which can make her come across as socially awkward. Mine makes it very hard for me to read social situations and recognize social cues.

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
Well, I'm not an expert, but she attended an "integrated/special" school, and the school's website (https://www.spi339.waw.pl/o-szkole/) says:

What types of students with disabilities learn at our school?

We admit children to our school with special education certificates issued by
by psychological and pedagogical clinics for all kinds of disabilities:
motor disabilities, visual impairments, hearing impairments, autism spectrum disorders and mental disabilities. In each twenty-person unit, in accordance with the Education Act Education Act, there are three to five students with different types of disabilities.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 15:10
Guest wrote:
I’m on the spectrum myself and it wouldn’t surprise me. Obviously not in a way that’s impairing at all, but maybe in a way that makes it hard to read social situations which can make her come across as socially awkward. Mine makes it very hard for me to read social situations and recognize social cues.
It's ignorant and borderline disrespectful to say "obviously not in a way that's impairing". None of us know her, what she goes through on a daily basis, what affects her and to what extent, or what adjustments she's made in light of her own limitations (be they neurodivergency or otherwise). She keeps a lot private from us, her fans, as she should.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 21:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's ignorant and borderline disrespectful to say "obviously not in a way that's impairing". None of us know her, what she goes through on a daily basis, what affects her and to what extent, or what adjustments she's made in light of her own limitations (be they neurodivergency or otherwise). She keeps a lot private from us, her fans, as she should.
What? I must say that this is the most outrageous rumor I've heard since I've known Iga. Autism? You must be Europeans who have never been to East Asia. Awkward girls like awkward Iga are all over East Asia. Girls like this aren't autistic, they're just shy. If you have no idea about Asian nerds. I recommend watching two lesbian movies about Asian lesbians girls in America, one called "Saving face", and the other called "The half of it". The leading role of two girls are very typical Asian nerds. Iga is like a nerd, that's it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where are people getting these ideas that Iga could be straight. I mean we don’t know for sure, but we can make an educated guess that she’s gay. Unless something comes out that suggests otherwise, we know the answer to this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 21:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Anon you replied to, I meant "impairing" as in "not able to live independently, not able to care for basic needs, not able to speak or hold meaningful conversation." My cousin has a much more severe degree of autism and as an adult has the IQ of a toddler, can only say a few words, and will never live alone or care for himself. He has a meaningful life and people who love him and take care of him but all of that is extremely impairing to his daily life and functioning. If she was indeed on the spectrum, I meant that she did not have it to the degree that it would affect her ability to play, tour, etc. Also I wasn't saying she DID have autism, I just said that it wouldn't surprise me. She most likely doesn't and is just extremely shy and introverted. I don't appreciate you jumping down my throat like you did and calling my viewpoint ignorant and disrespectful when it's neither of those.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whether it’s mild autism, ADHD or whatnot Iga does feel like a neurodivergent with the way she acts. This means her brain reacts to a situation differently than most people.

She comes off as brutally honest and very genuine in her interviews. She has zero “cuntiness” and it feels like she doesn’t try at all in how to present herself. Has weird obsession for monarchs (as her friend Kaja Javan revealed) and is a perfectionist. Gets very anxious in social situations. These are all signs of autism.
She’s also a fast learner and very gifted intellectually. It’s possible she hides herself well and gets a psychologist to deal with her difficulties. Maybe it’s not even diagnosed.

It’s in no way a criticism and just a speculation. It makes her more interesting to me. No need to get defensive about it.

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 20:46
She comes off as brutally honest and very genuine in her interviews. She has zero “cuntiness” and it feels like she doesn’t try at all in how to present herself.
Honest? Genuine? She lies all the time in interviews about her withdrawals from tournaments, for example. She can also be tough and can put so-called journalists in their place when asked private questions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Whether it’s mild autism, ADHD or whatnot Iga does feel like a neurodivergent with the way she acts. This means her brain reacts to a situation differently than most people.

She comes off as brutally honest and very genuine in her interviews. She has zero “cuntiness” and it feels like she doesn’t try at all in how to present herself. Has weird obsession for monarchs (as her friend Kaja Javan revealed) and is a perfectionist. Gets very anxious in social situations. These are all signs of autism.
She’s also a fast learner and very gifted intellectually. It’s possible she hides herself well and gets a psychologist to deal with her difficulties. Maybe it’s not even diagnosed.

It’s in no way a criticism and just a speculation. It makes her more interesting to me. No need to get defensive about it.
has she ever been asked harsh questions at all? such that it would be necessary to answer brutally honest? I only heard how journalists pour water from empty to empty at these conferences, although sometimes the elephant in the room is simply impossible not to notice

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[quote=Guest post_id=5408296 time.

[/quote]

Reminds me when the players were asked for the most romantic line in French and Iga said croissants.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 23:06

Reminds me when the players were asked for the most romantic line in French and Iga said croissants.
[/quote]

OK it may have been an unusual response but it was also fucking hilarious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 15:03
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 14:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Curious why you refer to China as north India? Is that a censorship thing?
Oh, no. We call ourselves North Indians solely because that former agent, Paulina Wojtowicz, called us India. We sent Iga a blessing video in November 2021 WTA finals in Guadalajara, with the assistance of WTA officials. Then in December 2021, that woman addressed us as India. If Daria knew about the Chinese fan blessing video, why didn't she tell that bitch Paulina? OK. Since we are Indians, we will be North Indians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 01:40
Guest wrote:

OK it may have been an unusual response but it was also fucking hilarious.
[/quote]

Iga said she ate all the croissants in the hotel and didn't leave any for the other guests. There's a very unique humor to this statement. Being the Asian nerds, we could very well relate to Iga's characteristic humor. Europeans and Americans can never understand the unique humor of little cutie Iga.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

[/quote]

Haha, that's funny 😂 Love her 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 22:14
Guest wrote:

has she ever been asked harsh questions at all? such that it would be necessary to answer brutally honest? I only heard how journalists pour water from empty to empty at these conferences, although sometimes the elephant in the room is simply impossible not to notice
Ok maybe that’s not the best use of words. Obviously she doesn’t write all her thoughts on her face and has media awareness to dodge certain questions or give vague answers. I meant more in terms of personality and how she interacts with people. You can tell she’s always being herself and doesn’t put on an act. I don’t know how to explain it, it’s just a vibe.

Kaja Juvan said in an interview that she appreciates Iga because of her honesty and she hasn’t changed all these years.
Iga also said in her presser that her coach told her to not answer some questions too honestly because she revealed too much and other players can learn from it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In this recent interview with Porsche, Iga said her idols ware Nadal and Navratilova. Correct me if I’m wrong but this is the first time she said Navratilova is her idol. Could this be another hint?