Iga Swiatek - Tennis Player

Reactions:

Re: Iga Swiatek - Tennis Player

Post by Guest »

Guesth wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 09:37
At the end of the video, you can see Iga getting into the van and Daria pushing everyone and quickly following her into the van. She's afraid someone might bump into her 😂😅
Iga’s walk is so gay, I swear :rofl:

She’s really young and inexperienced so I’m gonna follow her career to see how she grows up and what decisions she will make.
I bet it’s not easy on her, she was super young when she started winning and now she perhaps can trust just one or two people around her ‘cause she’s getting bigger and bigger. If indeed Daria’s using her, then it’s horrible but well, it’s showbiz at this stage so it’s not that uncommon to witness weird shit. I think if there was something more to it, some Polish tabloids would explore it by now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not surprisingly, Daria or Iga's PR team has woken up and all the above posts have been reported. Great. You wait to see our complaint letters about Daria's various misconduct. This complaint letter will be very long. And it will be sent to many unexpected people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Iga is in the pool in Mallorca. That woman Daria went with Iga again, right? :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Venus_l wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 03:32
It's understandable to worry about Iga's well-being. Everyone who likes her at this forum wants her to be happy. Your anger over an unequal possible relationship is also understandable. But so far there is no evidence to support this. These are just rumors and your fantasies. Iga does not look like a hostage and continues to show good results in sports, so looks like she is fine and the team is doing well.
Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 10:03

Could somebody tell me why Daria showed up in Iga's home in Raszyn?
Who is fantasizing? Those who believe that Daria is ok to Fuck Iga are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has it occurred to you that Daria has been reading this thread. She will keep changing her strategy for Iga based on our discussions. So, let's not talk too much about it. The more we talk, the more information Daria gets and the less Iga can get rid of her. Let's keep it quiet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 15:36
Iga is in the pool in Mallorca. That woman Daria went with Iga again, right? :sadangel:
Sure she does. They went to Rafa's academy together. Daria won't miss the spotlights with Rafa and his family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 09:14
Does the supposed husband also goes on vacations with Iga and Daria? He also spend Christmas 2021 in Iga's home in Raszin as Daria did? Daria doesn't have family or friends to spend holidays with? Please, we are not so stupid as you think.
As far as it shows, KK has been in Canada since 2018. DA&KK, they two got married in 2016.

wop
Reactions:

Post by wop »

What do you care about their relationship? Just remember how it ended between Martina Navratilova and Judy Nelson. That's how their relationship will end too and it will entertain people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 11:38
Guest wrote:
Sure she does. They went to Rafa's academy together. Daria won't miss the spotlights with Rafa and his family.
Yeah. Got it. Daria sat just next to Jules, the IMG male agent. She is always there, ALWAYS.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 23:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah. Got it. Daria sat just next to Jules, the IMG male agent. She is always there, ALWAYS.
The ones next to Rafa - Iga, Jules, Daria, Rafa's sister, don't know the man, Rafa's mother, Rafa's father.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 23:59
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 23:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The ones next to Rafa - Iga, Jules, Daria, Rafa's sister, don't know the man, Rafa's mother, Rafa's father.
The Asian girl standing to Iga's left during the hat toss is Alex Eala, a rising star from Philippines and 2022 USO girls champion. She and Iga has trained before. There is a photo of the two together on her ig. She's cute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 01:07
Professional? There is nothing professional in Daria's case. Read how professional relationship between ethical psychologist and client looks like. It's easy to find out. Relationship between Iga and Daria, romantic or not, is sick.
That's language of facts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interview with Daria Abramowicz, a well-known sports psychologist

Mariusz Bielski (Wprost): I am glad that we finally managed to find time to talk. I guess you've had a lot of work lately

Daria Abramowicz (sports psychologist, closely cooperates with Iga Świątek m.in Party): In sport at the highest level – in all areas, such as physical preparation, diet, supplementation, mental issues – there is generally a lot of work. Recently, indeed, a bit more due to the very tight schedule of the tennis season.

I do not hide, in general I work a lot and over time more and more. This is due to the fact that in the world of sport the role of mental and mental preparation is growing. In addition, the season in summer disciplines begins, so there are a lot of duties. Here it is worth noting that I also cooperate with other athletes, not only with Iga Świątek. However, in our team we also had a very intense time related to planning participation in subsequent tournaments.

When a player is injured, is there the most mental work? These are the most difficult moments? However, from the perspective of the media and fans, do we overestimate this issue?

We don't let you go deep enough to know exactly what's going on in our team on a daily basis. As a result, there may actually be some overestimation.

However, it is difficult for me to answer when there is more mental work and when less. At different times, it's just different. When an athlete suffers an injury, then the actions focus on substantive and emotional support for him.

It is also necessary to ensure proper communication between coaches, doctors and the player himself. In addition, the psychological aspect is important in the context of returning to work with difficult emotions, stress, beliefs. And when there is no health problem on the wallpaper, then we focus on other areas – preparation for a specific match or draw conclusions from a given performance. You can also pay more attention to the overall development. This cannot be determined in specific proportions.

You have been cooperating with Iga for quite a long time, for over 4 years. In what aspect has it made the greatest progress?

I will answer a little around, because of professional secrecy – in the personal area, in the area of cognitive skills, emotional control and tension management. The progress is general, which also results from the way I work. I focus on holistic work so that the development is holistic.

I asked this question because I recently read an interview with Iga herself, who said that from her perspective, she puts a lot of work into not demanding too much of herself. He inhibits his perfectionism.

It's true. Indeed, we take the time to develop adaptation strategies, reformulate our approach to our own expectations, and build standards adequate to the possibilities. In fact, Iga has developed a lot in this respect. But this is also a process that is still ongoing.

It seemed to me that we were talking about an aspect that should be worked on non-stop. It's not something you'll work through once and last forever.

Exactly. After all, it is sometimes said that working on yourself is the only sure job in life. Various disciplines are practiced to achieve concrete results and are subject to public evaluation by fans or the media. Striving for continuous improvement can very easily trigger beliefs, attitudes and emotions related to perfectionism. The work in this area does not end so quickly.

It's easy to go to extremes.

That is another matter. Finding balance, as with everything, is crucial. It is a big challenge to set high standards and at the same time, figuratively speaking, not to turn the knob to overheat. Meeting this task depends to a large extent on knowing oneself. From the awareness of one's own capabilities and limitations. That is why – and here we will return to the issue we raised at the beginning of the conversation – holistic work is important. It's not like I, in quotes, will equip a player with a toolbox and that's enough.

It is still necessary to know how to use the tools.

Exactly – when to use a drill, when to use a helmet, and when a screwdriver. Of course, this is only my perspective, someone may have a completely different one, but I focus on this type of development.

The longer I watch tennis, the more I get the impression that it is a sport in which tactics are tactics, technical aspects are also important, but in the end it is the mental aspect that makes the biggest difference. Especially at the highest level. The technical differences between the players are small, it is difficult to find larger reserves there, so the attitude to the match itself, the appropriate reaction to what is happening during the clash and so on are crucial. What do you think of this thesis?

I partially agree. At the highest level, not only in tennis, the players function at a very similar tactical, technical and physical level. In some disciplines also hardware-wise. Then, in fact, there remains the factor that is the least measurable, i.e. the optimal use of mental potential.

On the other hand, I think that with the growing interest and awareness in the field of mental preparation, we are on the verge of exaggerating the glorification of this aspect. This is something to discuss for another conversation, but the therapeutic culture is changing a lot. There is a kind of fashion for psychotherapy and so on. This can give rise, also in sport, sometimes to the imbalance of certain proportions.

However, we should not forget that the basis of successful performance in sport is such organic, conscientious, continuous work on improving basic skills. Mental preparation alone doesn't solve anything. The trick is to combine all these things, and that's more important than just focusing on the individual elements.

Going back to this toolbox – we have it and we know how to use things. From my observation, in everyday life we pay more and more attention to mental health. In a sport that generates very high loads and tension, we have examples that despite having specific tools from the box, there is still a lack of fuel, perseverance, determination, well-being to be able to unleash your potential.

Before our conversation, I wrote down a few names. Osaka, Barty, Anisimova, Badosa, Gauff... What they have in common is that at one time they interrupted their careers for various reasons precisely because of too much emotional tension and lack of mental comfort. Are we just beginning to deal with a phenomenon of wide scope and very dangerous?

In my opinion, unfortunately, we are approaching this level. This can be seen in various sports, but not only. Similar problems are experienced by people practicing other "high performance" professions, i.e. those in which we settle on the basis of specific results. This is strongly visible in business, in the medical professions, in the legal professions...

This tendency is confirmed by data from the World Health Organization or various studies carried out around the world. An increasing percentage of societies experience psychological difficulties, primarily mood disorders, depression, anxiety or burnout syndrome. The latter is a very big problem, also in sports. It affects younger and younger players.

So yes, I think we are on the verge of a huge societal challenge. I think that mental comfort in the world of sport is worth talking about, but we should also focus on social education and building awareness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As we are already building awareness... I have the impression that you have – and this may sound a bit too grandiloquent – a kind of sense of mission in this regard. This is my conclusion based on what you write about on social media.

When I entered this profession, someone told me that being a psychologist or psychotherapist should not really be a mission. That we should treat it primarily as a profession that is based on having the right education, competence, ethics and reliability. Broadly understood professionalism. I subscribe to all this useful limbs!

Does one exclude the other?

That's why I said earlier that "not exactly". At the same time, I believe that it is impossible to practice this socially responsible profession without a certain system of values. I think about it in such terms – and this is completely mine – that if for some reason in my profession I have gained a certain platform in the public space, it will be good to use it (outside of work in the office) to add a small brick to social education. In a sense, therefore, I feel a responsibility, but also a privilege. I try to use it sensibly.

Where did this feeling of wanting to help other people come from? Let's face it, this is not an easy job, especially if you are a highly empathetic person yourself. Paradoxically, we are talking about a mentally taxing profession.

You are right, which is why we also have a duty to undergo supervision and to go through our own psychotherapeutic process. I also went through one many years ago. Precisely so that we can do our work on the one hand fairly, ethically and responsibly, and on the other hand in health for ourselves.

We can refer to the metaphor of the safety instructions on the plane, when in the face of danger, the mother must first put on a protective mask for herself and only then for the child. Rescuers also have a rule that before they act, they must first take care of their own safety. In a way, this also applies to my profession.

My story, on the other hand, is similar to all those people who at some stage of their lives find a profession resulting, among other things, from their interests. I watch sport with passion. Not even 24/7, but 25/8 (laughs). What you can and when you can. That's how I've always been and I'm not bored with it. My private life has also been connected with sport for years, as well as my family.

The very decision to go into psychology in sports was in a sense pragmatic. In my youth I practiced sailing, but at the age of 18 I suffered an injury that excluded me from active participation in this discipline. So I started working as a coach. At some point, however, I thought that I wanted to dig even deeper. In the past, access to knowledge was difficult. Today, finding scientific research on a topic or a suitable book is just two clicks. However, I had such a feeling that there is something more in sport. And when I took care of it, I also became very interested. Then I decided that I needed to organize my knowledge and, among other things, I went through my therapy. I wanted to combine my perspectives as a player, coach and psychologist. Today it is a big capital for me.

Let's return to the topic of building psychological awareness. Are you satisfied with how this process looks and develops not only in the strictly sports environment, but also more broadly, from the perspective of an ordinary fan?

No.

(eloquent silence)

I could probably stop there, but I'm guessing you won't be satisfied? (laughs)

For the development of the topic will not be angry!

In Poland, we do not have a law on the profession of psychologist and psychotherapist. This means that in the public space, also thanks to the benefits of social media, more and more mental trainers appear. Often these are people who have neither the competence nor the education to deal with it.

This is a worrying phenomenon.

The next thing is that I feel that we focus too little on mental health in sport, and we emphasize too much work in the area of competences to build mental preparation in competitive conditions. These processes in such proportions and carried out in such standards are not compatible with each other. In part, this may be due to the inequality and availability of individual services in the psychological market. I am not happy about that.

Another factor concerns the space in social media and the message built there, as well as the high level of hate and trivialization of certain issues. The use of buzzwords that can affect the players in a very harmful way. A good example of this can be the comments that I noticed after Iga's stroke in the match with Elena Rybaknia in Rome. There were suggestions that Iga's injury was fake, and that she was really the one who had a panic attack. This type of trivialization of the whole thing strongly violates the personal boundaries of the athlete, and secondly is harmful in terms of mental health education.

I admit that I have not seen such voices, but if they appeared... Bizarre. On what basis could anyone even draw such a conclusion? In front of the TV? Absurdity.

Unfortunately, however, it was so and this is one of the factors why I am not satisfied with the current stage of development and social education in psychological matters.

However, in order not to sound like a fatalist – I must say that I am glad that more and more athletes are openly talking about the importance of taking care of mental health. More and more people want to share their personal experiences, sometimes even traumatic. This is something very helpful in the process we are talking about. Huge capital.

Speaking of such generalizing and trivializing statements, I immediately think of a quote from Mateusz Borek, who in one of the current affairs programs stated that this pressure can be felt by a nurse on oncology, not an athlete who additionally earns huge money.

I would not like to comment on specific statements. Each has a context, I do not know it, so I will not be tempted to comment.

However, it is obvious that athletes – they often talk about it themselves, they are aware of it – practice a profession in a privileged way. That they often earn a living by pursuing their passions, that these are interests dating back to childhood, that thanks to sport they can travel and build their memories in a completely different way than the standard one. This is important and worth emphasizing.

However, it must be remembered that for every man his life is the most important. Everyone looks at the world "from their own Matrix". The athlete has the right to say that he experiences pressure, because he also filters reality, and his body processes the stimuli reaching him. Therefore, I do not see the sense of such generalization, because there are no two such people in the world, and the types of pressure are different.

Once again, athletes really understand that there are socially responsible and difficult professions, the performance of which is associated with great tension and the level of stress and experiencing difficult emotions is great. At the same time, will his life and feelings remain the most important for this athlete? Yes, and there is nothing strange about it, nor is there any question of selfishness. This is simply a person's life.

Do you feel a lot of pressure on yourself as well? Working with a world-famous tennis player, members of her staff also casually find themselves in the limelight.

I'd be inconsistent with myself if I said I didn't feel pressure. On the contrary, After all, our gestures or facial expressions are often analyzed when the cameras capture us during matches.

I read about myself that in Dubai I lowered my head after one of the actions and it was scandalous because I do not support my player at all. In practice, I had a fever of 40 degrees and could barely stay on my feet. Such a sightseeing curiosity there, about which no one knew before (laughs). Do I think that this is the information I should give to the public? No. Ultimately, the staff is accounted for the results. Psychologist also, although the specificity of my work is slightly different than the typical sports training process.

In general, I do not complain about this type of stories in any way. Analyzing our behavior and decisions is an inseparable part of this work. Clearly, the coaching staffs of athletes who compete at a high level also experience stress and pressure. Both in the sphere of everyday work and from the social side.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Your mode of work appears to me as a task that requires considerable sacrifice. What does it look like from your perspective?

I would not be ready to do my work in such a way if I did not have internal consent, and if in the family circle, together with my husband, we did not have such agreement among ourselves. I am very lucky that my husband also functions on a daily basis in the sports environment and we understand each other perfectly in this respect. Thanks to this, we are doing well.

Indeed, however, it can be demanding. Even in terms of constantly changing time zones. Besides, I also do not work only with Iga Świątek, but also with other athletes, so I have a lot of duties. But I like it too, simply. This is due to the fact that I was an athlete myself, and I traveled a lot from an early age. I practiced sailing, a discipline that in Poland could not be practiced in winter, so I had to leave. Since I was a child, I have been learning how to combine different spheres of life with travels. Thanks to this, today I can and even like to do it. This is consistent with my temperament.

So we don't have to worry about your work-life balance.

If I taught others to take care of themselves in terms of balance in my personal and professional life, and I didn't do it myself, I would be very unbelievable. My work would have very short legs.

You mentioned earlier about the family support that you receive, but I would also like to ask about a similar topic in the context of what life is like for players, especially in the world of tennis. We have already talked about pressure, but isn't the loneliness of athletes also a big threat? They are constantly traveling, they change their places of stay every week or two all year round, there is no stability in it.

The feeling of loneliness in sport is a huge problem, not only in tennis. Mikaela Shiffrin said some time ago that being an athlete involves so many sacrifices and sacrifices, so none of them should be lonely. It is very important to have not only substantive but also emotional support in this world.

Today we observe two trends. The first is that more and more often in the tour there are relatives of players or players. Not only partners, but also parents, siblings and even pets. This is an interesting phenomenon. It appeared during the pandemic. Pets soften customs and are wonderful companions of man, that's the first thing. Secondly, they perfectly help to cope with loneliness.

Remember what tennis was like in a pandemic... It was constantly sitting in hotel rooms and leaving them only on the court. Then it turned out that it was almost a gamechanger, when suddenly the pet appeared as a mood enhancer. It may sound a bit instrumental, but it worked. Emotional support from the family also counts. No online conversation can replace live contact, and that's something to keep in mind.

The second tendency is to construct training staffs slightly differently than years ago. Today it is acceptable for coaches, staff members, managers, to give athletes a piece of such emotional support. Many disciplines are increasingly based on work on interpersonal relationships. You spend a lot of time together, it is very important that the cooperating people get along well with each other and want to spend this time with each other at all. So that it is not torture.

But isn't it difficult? In the staff of Iga Świątek, you probably spend 300 days together a year and is it easy for you to separate strictly working moments from those when the atmosphere can relax for a moment, you can occupy your head with other topics, it gets more social and friendly? Is it possible to find a golden mean in this aspect?

In a way, that is what I meant in the previous statement. It happens, for example, that the whole staff goes out for coffee or dinner, or we go on a short trip. Other times, our relatives come to a tournament, so we spend some time together.

Today, it is believed that it is worth separating the sports sphere from the private one with a barrier. Now we train and talk only about sports, and then we close the door and we are different people to each other? No, it simply cannot function with such voltages and loads. Especially in such an arrangement, when we are not talking about a team sport. Then the dynamics of the players' relationships are slightly different than, for example, in tennis.

In the case of ours, and in particular my work, it is very important to understand each other's boundaries. To know when and why they appear. So that all interactions are based on assertiveness, but also mutual respect. What counts most here is the maturity of all participants in this process and understanding: what we do, why we do it and why there are certain rules of functioning. In each group, it is worth developing such norms and common values that we want to follow.

However, I agree with you that all this can be very difficult. That's why it sometimes takes a long time for staffs and teams to reach each other.

Maybe it will not be a perfect example, but I noticed a trap in this area. Let's say that among the employees of my editorial office we go to an integration event, so theoretically we have a lot of time to get to know each other better and talk about other topics, and in the end we talk about work the most.

Apparently so, but there are probably also situations when you are in the office, you talk to your colleagues about more private matters. They probably know something about you and you know something about them. Spending a lot of time together at work, it is impossible not to go beyond its framework in these relationships. This is quite natural, but as I mentioned – it is important to be aware of the existence of certain boundaries and responsibility to give the group the right dynamic.

Speaking of team dynamics – we know a lot about how your cooperation with Iga, Mr. Wiktorwski with Iga and so on works, but I'm also curious about how it looks like between the staff members themselves?

On the one hand, we deal with completely different spheres, and on the other hand, we have already talked about the fact that it is crucial to skillfully combine all these aspects

I will not reveal America to you – the most important thing is proper communication. We talk a lot with each other, which is facilitated by the fact that we all go to the next tournaments together. We see more, we exchange insights, we discuss many things. So that the player can stand with the same message from the entire staff. We do not divide into good and bad police officers.

We are dealing with an adult, but it's a bit like in the relationship between parents and children. Dad and mom can discuss the issue, disagree with each other, but it is important that they present a common position in front of the child.

That sounds reasonable.

We have a lot of respect for our abilities, but we also maintain – and so that we understand each other well, because I do not want to sound arrogant – a lot of awareness of our own competences. This means that if someone other than me brings up issues related to mental preparation in the conversation, then I do not feel that someone is destroying my garden, because only I can talk about these things. Such an approach would not involve anything good for Iga herself. It's about transparency, complementarity.

Just trust?

Yes, too. Iga herself has a lot of merit in this matter, because it is she who employs us, she chose us, put us together and decided that it is worth working with us. The fact that we then work separately on the dynamics of the relationship is a separate issue. In a sense, I arrange it, grind it, monitor it... These are also my tasks in the staff, not only when it comes to Iga herself.

Earlier in our conversation, the name Mikaela Shiffrin was mentioned. What do you admire her for?

I have a lot of respect for her. If I were to give an example today of an athlete, but also of his staff, who understands the modern pursuit of mastery and tries to strive for it in a professional way, I would choose her/them. They approach work very holistically. In addition, Mikaela herself is characterized by great self-awareness and understanding of what is happening around.

It is worth paying attention to her all the more because she once experienced trauma and spoke publicly about the process of dealing with it. After very difficult experiences, she managed to return to the highest level. It is good to notice such people in the world of sport and strive for the standard they present. Be inspired by them.

Our staffs in a way observe their actions, talk and inspire each other on various issues. This is also valuable and wonderful.

The last question in our conversation will be in the formula "half joking, half serious". We know that Iga Świątek reads a lot of books, it is a valuable escape from everyday intensive life in the world of tennis. So if you had to choose one book that best describes it, what would it be and why?

Maybe an encyclopedia? After all, it contains everything!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 12:52
Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 12:48
Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 01:55

Do you feel a lot of pressure on yourself as well? Working with a world-famous tennis player, members of her staff also casually find themselves in the limelight.

I'd be inconsistent with myself if I said I didn't feel pressure. On the contrary, After all, our gestures or facial expressions are often analyzed when the cameras capture us during matches.

I read about myself that in Dubai I lowered my head after one of the actions and it was scandalous because I do not support my player at all. In practice, I had a fever of 40 degrees and could barely stay on my feet. Such a sightseeing curiosity there, about which no one knew before (laughs). Do I think that this is the information I should give to the public? No. Ultimately, the staff is accounted for the results. Psychologist also, although the specificity of my work is slightly different than the typical sports training process.

In general, I do not complain about this type of stories in any way. Analyzing our behavior and decisions is an inseparable part of this work. Clearly, the coaching staffs of athletes who compete at a high level also experience stress and pressure. Both in the sphere of everyday work and from the social side.
Am I the only one to see her "40 degree body temperature"? It's simply unbelievable. Most people's normal temperature was 37 degrees Celsius. Some new studies suggest the average person actually runs a little cooler than that - somewhere between 36.4 and 36.6 degrees Celsius. Because modern people engage in mental labor in the office, their normal body temperature will be lower than those engaged in manual labor. I rarely see a body temperature of 40 degrees Celsius during the pandemic. If she said she has a high fever of 37 to 38 degrees, I believe it. But 40 degrees, this is too outrageous. :rofl:
Fever Body Temperature Range
44 °C (111.2 °F) Plus Almost certainly, death will occur; however, people have been known to survive up to 46.5 °C (115.7 °F).
43 °C (109.4 °F) Normally death, or there may be serious brain damage, continuous convulsions, and shock. The cardio-respiratory collapse will likely occur.
42 °C (107.6 °F) Subject may turn pale or remain flushed and red. They may become comatose and be in severe delirium; vomiting and convulsions can occur.
41 °C (105.8 °F) Medical emergency. Fainting, vomiting, severe headache, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, delirium, and drowsiness can occur. There may also be palpitations and breathlessness.
40 °C (104 °F) Fainting, dehydration, weakness, vomiting, headache, breathlessness, and dizziness may occur as well as profuse sweating.
39 °C (102.2 °F) Severe sweating, flushed, and red. Fast heart rate and breathlessness. There may be exhaustion accompanying this. Children and people with epilepsy may suffer convulsions at this temperature.
38 °C (100.4 °F) Called hyperthermia - if not caused by a fever. Feeling hot, sweating, thirsty, uncomfortable, slightly hungry. If this is caused by fever, there may also be chills.

Daria must have been very ill in Dubai. She can refuse to go to the hospital under a "40 degree fever" and still stay in Iga's box. :rofl:
Is she really sick? If she is sick, how can she have the energy to deliver the rackets to the stringers team? Still responsible for communication? I don't believe it. 40 degrees is also bullshit. If she has viral pneumonia, she should immediately self isolate and not come into contact with Iga. I didn't remember seeing her weak in Dubai. I remember she even posted a few instagram stories during her time in Dubai.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tenni wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 17:34
I feel sorry for Iga, she seems like a good person to me. What I regret the most is that she moved away from her mother and doesn't listen to her advice, and the mother always wants the best for her child. I hope she will realize that with age.
What advice?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 15:13
Novr wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 14:10
Currently is a press conference underway regarding a new sponsorship for Iga and her entire team is there. Iga and Daria are wearing the same sneakers and are gazing at each other with a twinkle in their eye and smiling.
Swiatek is stupid, and Daria is playing with her. It will last until Iga is successful. When things change (and that will happen for sure one day), Daria will be the first one to leave that disgusting team.
The only thing that is certain is that Daria has such eloquence and strong intentions that she definitely grabs onto Iga more than anyone else. she is definitely reading this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 13:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Am I the only one to see her "40 degree body temperature"? It's simply unbelievable. Most people's normal temperature was 37 degrees Celsius. Some new studies suggest the average person actually runs a little cooler than that - somewhere between 36.4 and 36.6 degrees Celsius. Because modern people engage in mental labor in the office, their normal body temperature will be lower than those engaged in manual labor. I rarely see a body temperature of 40 degrees Celsius during the pandemic. If she said she has a high fever of 37 to 38 degrees, I believe it. But 40 degrees, this is too outrageous. :rofl:
44 °C (111.2 °F) Plus Almost certainly, death will occur; however, people have been known to survive up to 46.5 °C (115.7 °F).
43 °C (109.4 °F) Normally death, or there may be serious brain damage, continuous convulsions, and shock. The cardio-respiratory collapse will likely occur.
42 °C (107.6 °F) Subject may turn pale or remain flushed and red. They may become comatose and be in severe delirium; vomiting and convulsions can occur.
41 °C (105.8 °F) Medical emergency. Fainting, vomiting, severe headache, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, delirium, and drowsiness can occur. There may also be palpitations and breathlessness.
40 °C (104 °F) Fainting, dehydration, weakness, vomiting, headache, breathlessness, and dizziness may occur as well as profuse sweating.
39 °C (102.2 °F) Severe sweating, flushed, and red. Fast heart rate and breathlessness. There may be exhaustion accompanying this. Children and people with epilepsy may suffer convulsions at this temperature.
38 °C (100.4 °F) Called hyperthermia - if not caused by a fever. Feeling hot, sweating, thirsty, uncomfortable, slightly hungry. If this is caused by fever, there may also be chills.

Daria must have been very ill in Dubai. She can refuse to go to the hospital under a "40 degree fever" and still stay in Iga's box. :rofl:
Is she really sick? If she is sick, how can she have the energy to deliver the rackets to the stringers team? Still responsible for communication? I don't believe it. 40 degrees is also bullshit. If she has viral pneumonia, she should immediately self isolate and not come into contact with Iga. I didn't remember seeing her weak in Dubai. I remember she even posted a few instagram stories during her time in Dubai.
She was lying. That's it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 23:35
Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 13:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She was lying. That's it.
I just reviewed the Dubai final between Iga and Barbora Krejcikova. Daria, Maciej, and Iga's father Tomasz were all in the box. At the ceremony, Iga greeted the three of them with a big smile. They all look normal. Daria is also smiling. I don't understand how her 40 degree fever can still make her laugh. If I have a high fever of 40 degrees, usually 38 degrees, I will feel sluggish. :nails: Children's body temperature is higher than that of adults, while adults' body temperature is higher than that of the elderly. Even if a person is not a medical student, they should understand this common sense. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

- In the middle of "Pride Month", do you feel the need to talk about the rights and equality of the LGBTQ+ community in Poland?

I would like everyone to be tolerant, for everyone to have the freedom to be who they want to be. These are the values that each of us should cultivate. For me, the most important thing will always be playing tennis and I would like everyone to be tolerant, so that everyone has the freedom to be who you want to be. These are the values that each of us should cultivate in ourselves. As you know, I'm quite open about the war in Ukraine and mental health. In a sense, I dose myself the areas in which I speak, because I do not want it all to overwhelm me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven‘t watched Break Point yet, but found this short video.

WTF? Why is she treating Iga like a five-year-old? Good to see that Iga immediatley put her in her place, though.

itsmehi!
Reactions:

Post by itsmehi! »

When will Iga come out? I heard she’s dating her coach Daria. Do we have any intel here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That clip is a nail to this psychologist’s coffin. The public opinion will not let her off the hook now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 10:39

that's the way Daria hugs Iga. can we find another team in WTA?

Why do we need mosaic in 2020? Daria and Paulina will both become famous in two years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So that Porsche sponsorship is big, Sabalenka’s in shambles lmao.

So far Iga’s had contracts with On Running, Tecnifibre, PZU, Rolex, OSHEE and now Porsche. Looks like more big deals are coming. Good for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 21:29
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 20:29
It's good that some portal published a criticism of the creepy behavior of this woman who unashamedly calls herself a professional psychologist.
I am interested in how people in Poland react to this kind of situation? It's pretty obvious that this relationship is not healthy in all aspects. We know that Iga has some mother issues and we know that they began to work together with Daria when she was most vulnerable and a teenager. It is obvious that the psychologist has become a close person to her, replacing her friends and perhaps in some sense her family and the relationship between daughter and mother. However, a psychologist should help to deal with issues of human relationships, not become a substitute. This is very unprofessional and a violation of professional ethics. Daria has an unlimited field for manipulation in such a relationship, consciously or unconsciously, and she is not trying to resolve and end it somehow, but rather seizes the moment and promotes herself by putting Iga in an uncomfortable position.

I understand that in Poland she is the number one star and everyone somehow closes their eyes to that. No one asks any questions because Iga wins and brings success and joy to people with her victories. But condoning such unprofessionalism and popularizing such a strange relationship undermines all of Iga's efforts to tell more about mental health. I wonder if this is a purely Polish character trait or if it is the work of management, etc., which smoothes out conflicts before they even arise. Because I imagine that if it was in America or somewhere else, journalists would have already gotten to everyone with this.
No one cares in Poland. It’s only after that Netflix documentary fans started to notice weird stuff but still, these are mostly international fans, not Polish fans.

Additionally, that kind of subject about any power dynamic/abuse is rather taboo in Poland. Things have changed recently but still Polish people don’t care. Perhaps gen z may care more and make some noise but Iga’s so called fans like middle aged men and women, they don’t care and this won’t be a popular topic. Something big has to happen to have this changed.

And this is not on Poland/fans in general, where’s the agents, family, all the people around Iga? Her sister? It’s weird.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gay? :nervous:

Venus_l
Reactions:

Post by Venus_l »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 11:40
Gay? :nervous:

Honestly, I don't care, would love her anyway 😍

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 11:36
No one cares in Poland. It’s only after that Netflix documentary fans started to notice weird stuff but still, these are mostly international fans, not Polish fans.

Additionally, that kind of subject about any power dynamic/abuse is rather taboo in Poland. Things have changed recently but still Polish people don’t care. Perhaps gen z may care more and make some noise but Iga’s so called fans like middle aged men and women, they don’t care and this won’t be a popular topic. Something big has to happen to have this changed.

And this is not on Poland/fans in general, where’s the agents, family, all the people around Iga? Her sister? It’s weird.
She is only 22, isn't she more popular among children, teenagers and young adults?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 14:37
Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 11:36

She is only 22, isn't she more popular among children, teenagers and young adults?
Well, that's the problem. It's presented to children and young people as normal that you spend 24 hours a day with a psychologist, that you take the psychologist with you to every training, every match, even every vacation.The emphasis is always on Iga's victories, the trophies she wins, the money she earns, and not on her unhealthy and pathological relationship with Daria. That must change. This is not the normal behavior of a psychologist and this is not normal relationship between a psychologist and a client.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 11:28

So far Iga’s had contracts with On Running, Tecnifibre, PZU, Rolex, OSHEE and now Porsche. Looks like more big deals are coming. Good for her.

dont worry, saba will be soon no.1. We will see who will be in shambles.
Iga is a thief, she was trying to steal money from one of her sponsors back then

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jun 2023, 19:08
Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 11:28

dont worry, saba will be soon no.1. We will see who will be in shambles.
Iga is a thief, she was trying to steal money from one of her sponsors back then

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daria or Daria stans are reporting and deleting again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has Iga ever spoken out about the abortion policy in Poland? What is her opinion?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 14:26
Has Iga ever spoken out about the abortion policy in Poland? What is her opinion?
I don’t think so. She doesn’t strike me as the type who speaks up about such topics. It’s either her idea to send a general message always or just her team looking out for her to not be controversial. So far she’s been loved in Poland exactly for that because she doesn’t say anything specific, just generic tolerance and respect things, etc. She’ll ride this wave as long as she can. If she’s indeed into women, then I don’t think she’s coming out in the next years, perhaps when she’s 30+ and stopped playing. But I won’t be surprised to see her with a regular guy one day playing pretend.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 19:19
Guest wrote:
I don’t think so. She doesn’t strike me as the type who speaks up about such topics. It’s either her idea to send a general message always or just her team looking out for her to not be controversial. So far she’s been loved in Poland exactly for that because she doesn’t say anything specific, just generic tolerance and respect things, etc. She’ll ride this wave as long as she can. If she’s indeed into women, then I don’t think she’s coming out in the next years, perhaps when she’s 30+ and stopped playing. But I won’t be surprised to see her with a regular guy one day playing pretend.
Well, I don't think that she is not controversial. She already spoken out her concearns about women's safety in China, and about ban of Rus/Blr players, which is not general "world peace" message, dropped Xiaomi partnership for political reasons.That's why I wonder if she's spoken out about any problems before. It seems she has willing to speak about some problems using her authority and I think it's sincere.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 22:40
Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 19:19
Guest wrote:
Well, I don't think that she is not controversial. She already spoken out her concearns about women's safety in China, and about ban of Rus/Blr players, which is not general "world peace" message, dropped Xiaomi partnership for political reasons.That's why I wonder if she's spoken out about any problems before. It seems she has willing to speak about some problems using her authority and I think it's sincere.
PS? Please do not mention CN again here to avoid causing PTSD in some people. We are from North India. Almost every ATP or WTA player has been asked about her. As compatriots of PS, we have followed Iga's answer and her response was very appropriate. You may have overlooked that sexual orientation belongs to personal privacy. As a public figure, Iga can retain her privacy, but she can express her opinions on public affairs. You never have to doubt the accuracy of the gay community in North India, we rarely make mistakes.

anonzz
Reactions:

Post by anonzz »

Lojal
Reactions:

Post by Lojal »

Iga withdrew from the tournament in Bad Homburg today, while Daria is already at Wimbledon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lojal wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 14:23
Iga withdrew from the tournament in Bad Homburg today, while Daria is already at Wimbledon.
No worries, they are already reunited :mask:

Honsi
Reactions:

Post by Honsi »

[/url]
Guest wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 19:43
Lojal wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 14:23
No worries, they are already reunited :mask:

Comment is everything! 😂😂

Honsi
Reactions:

Post by Honsi »

In this video, at 1:30, Martina talks about how having sex before a tennis match helped her. We should ask Iga if it helps her too? 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 16:47
I always felt bad for Iga not because of her antis, everyone has antis. But because even her supposedly well-meaning fans are parasocial as fuck and batshit insane and only ever make things harder for her.
So true. Well said.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 16:42
Guest wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 12:30
Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 09:32
Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 08:57

Daria's appearance is about as mundane as Iga's. Iga is just younger. I think this is just you glorifying Iga's youth, which is pretty creepy. They're both average looking Polish women. Who cares, anyway? This is just your opinion. The whole of China does not find Iga beautiful or Daria ugly. Be serious. Who fucking cares? Seriously, who cares?
Polish trolls or Russian trolls pretending to be us again? Post some memes that only Chinese tennis fans can understand? What is Lin Zhu's second nickname? That nickname is well-known among Chinese tennis fans. If you can't answer, it means you're that idiot troll.
Hey. I'm still waiting for your answer. You don't even know Zhu Lin's two well-known nicknames among Chinese fans? If you're a Chinese fan, then you should have known Iga's Chinese nicknames very well. Name a few of them.
What? I'm not Chinese and never claimed to be. I'm not Polish or Russian either, believe it or not. I'm just saying that China isn't a monolith so it's ridiculous to claim that China unanimously thinks this or that about Iga or Daria. Jesus, you're crazy. Like actually clinically insane. Iga's Chinese nicknames are cute, though. I read about them in this thread. That's the only thing I like about Chinese fans, they always have cute nicknames for people. Otherwise, you're not giving the greatest impression of them, I have to say.
There's no China, but North India. I never said that all North Indians would find Iga pretty or Daria ugly, I'm just telling you a simple fact. That is Iga's appearance is in line with Asian aesthetics. Asians, especially girls, like her a lot. But you can't force us all to like Daria or say she's beautiful against our will. You kind of know our nickname subculture. All foreigners who are known and recognized by North Indians have nicknames, which represent a kind of closeness. Iga has more than 10 North Indian nicknames. Daria has no nickname. Although we don't usually have nicknames for players' team, but in fact that the rest of Iga's team has nicknames. That is, Daria is really not as respected as you might think. You may have seen what our Zhu Lin, nicknamed "our Screenwriter Zhu", has said about Iga. Our tennis players and fans know Iga and have a lot of respect for her. But Daria? Sorry, we have sports psychologists too, but no one works like Daria.
What, you are not from China anymore? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 16:42
Guest wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 12:30
Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 09:32
Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 08:57

Daria's appearance is about as mundane as Iga's. Iga is just younger. I think this is just you glorifying Iga's youth, which is pretty creepy. They're both average looking Polish women. Who cares, anyway? This is just your opinion. The whole of China does not find Iga beautiful or Daria ugly. Be serious. Who fucking cares? Seriously, who cares?
Polish trolls or Russian trolls pretending to be us again? Post some memes that only Chinese tennis fans can understand? What is Lin Zhu's second nickname? That nickname is well-known among Chinese tennis fans. If you can't answer, it means you're that idiot troll.
Hey. I'm still waiting for your answer. You don't even know Zhu Lin's two well-known nicknames among Chinese fans? If you're a Chinese fan, then you should have known Iga's Chinese nicknames very well. Name a few of them.
What? I'm not Chinese and never claimed to be. I'm not Polish or Russian either, believe it or not. I'm just saying that China isn't a monolith so it's ridiculous to claim that China unanimously thinks this or that about Iga or Daria. Jesus, you're crazy. Like actually clinically insane. Iga's Chinese nicknames are cute, though. I read about them in this thread. That's the only thing I like about Chinese fans, they always have cute nicknames for people. Otherwise, you're not giving the greatest impression of them, I have to say.
There's no China, but North India. I never said that all North Indians would find Iga pretty or Daria ugly, I'm just telling you a simple fact. That is Iga's appearance is in line with Asian aesthetics. Asians, especially girls, like her a lot. But you can't force us all to like Daria or say she's beautiful against our will. You kind of know our nickname subculture. All foreigners who are known and recognized by North Indians have nicknames, which represent a kind of closeness. Iga has more than 10 North Indian nicknames. Daria has no nickname. Although we don't usually have nicknames for players' team, but in fact that the rest of Iga's team has nicknames. That is, Daria is really not as respected as you might think. You may have seen what our Zhu Lin, nicknamed "our Screenwriter Zhu", has said about Iga. Our tennis players and fans know Iga and have a lot of respect for her. But Daria? Sorry, we have sports psychologists too, but no one works like Daria.
Can someone explain what "there's no China, but North India" means? What are the nicknames for the other members of Iga's team? I'm curious.