Iga Swiatek - Tennis Player

Reactions:

Re: Iga Swiatek - Tennis Player

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 15:13
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 06:34
I must thank the Cincinnati organizing committee for scheduling today's match between Iga and Marketa at 23:00 North Delhi time. North American time is very unfriendly and North Indian fans often have to wake up to watch Iga matches in the early hours of the morning. Iga's matches never fail to trigger our heart attacks. :bigcry:
I'm glad you get to watch at a more convenient time for you! North American time can be difficult for us here in Europe too, depending on the session. Night session is tough for us, ending at 8am sometimes. I'm sure Iga requested to play as early as possible since that's her preference.
Sorry, this is not fair to her opponents. Even if she's number 1, it's not right for her to choose when to play. Then it should be allowed that everyone can choose. Maybe it didn't suit Marketa to play in the early afternoon, maybe she wanted a night match. Did someone asked Marketa about that? And Iga complains for evening matches, but she doesn't complain when they pay her for that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 16:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I must thank the Cincinnati organizing committee for scheduling today's match between Iga and Marketa at 23:00 North Delhi time. North American time is very unfriendly and North Indian fans often have to wake up to watch Iga matches in the early hours of the morning. Iga's matches never fail to trigger our heart attacks. :bigcry:
I'm glad you get to watch at a more convenient time for you! North American time can be difficult for us here in Europe too, depending on the session. Night session is tough for us, ending at 8am sometimes. I'm sure Iga requested to play as early as possible since that's her preference.
Sorry, this is not fair to her opponents. Even if she's number 1, it's not right for her to choose when to play. Then it should be allowed that everyone can choose. Maybe it didn't suit Marketa to play in the early afternoon, maybe she wanted a night match. Did someone asked Marketa about that? And Iga complains for evening matches, but she doesn't complain when they pay her for that.
I have no opinion on it or whether it's fair to others or not, so maybe you're right, I don't know. I'm her fan, but I won't necessarily defend everything she does. Maybe someday one of her opponents will speak out about it? Who knows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The top players always had the opportunity to request their preferred time to play. I remember a couple of years ago there was some ‚controversy‘ around Roger (or Rafa?) and him getting his preferred time.
Doesn‘t mean they will always get what they ask for but it‘s not new and not surprising that top players get better treatment than the rest. Is that unfair? Probably, yes. But that‘s life and afterall they bring it a lot of viewers.

Also, what‘s up with Iga and her time wasting strategy before the opponent‘s serve? Super annoying and I‘m glad the umpire gave her the warning. She clearly didn‘t like it :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 20:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The top players always had the opportunity to request their preferred time to play. I remember a couple of years ago there was some ‚controversy‘ around Roger (or Rafa?) and him getting his preferred time.
Doesn‘t mean they will always get what they ask for but it‘s not new and not surprising that top players get better treatment than the rest. Is that unfair? Probably, yes. But that‘s life and afterall they bring it a lot of viewers.

Also, what‘s up with Iga and her time wasting strategy before the opponent‘s serve? Super annoying and I‘m glad the umpire gave her the warning. She clearly didn‘t like it :rofl:
She's like a baby, it's cute. I love it. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can any Poles tell me what Coach Tomasz was yelling at Iga yesterday? Also, was Iga on the verge of tears when she was interacting with the umpire? What a very sweet girl. :$

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 04:48
Can any Poles tell me what Coach Tomasz was yelling at Iga yesterday? Also, was Iga on the verge of tears when she was interacting with the umpire? What a very sweet girl. :$
From Bing Chat:
'The phrase "Stój tam na returnie. Po co tam biegniesz? Stań tam" translates to "Stand there on the return. Why are you running there? Stand there" in English. This phrase was shouted by Tomasz Wiktorowski, the coach of Iga Świątek, during her match against Markéta Vondroušová in the quarterfinals of the WTA 1000 tournament in Cincinnati. Świątek immediately responded to her coach's words by saying "Because I have her on my racket. But okay, I'll stand".'

Regarding the argument with the umpire. She was not on the verge of crying. She has the voice that can sound as if she is going to cry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 08:01
Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 07:40
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 23:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That's the perk of being ranked #1. ATP will ask Carlos and Novak when to play, too. Carlos likes day session and Novak likes night session. If Ash was world #1, the organizers would have asked for her opinion as a priority as well. Honestly, I know Iga is already very friendly world #1 and she has never asked to be treated special.
Iga said they all work hard, so they all deserve same treatment. There's no world No.1, No.141, etc They are all human beings. If Iga can choose when to play, then everyone should do.

About the deleting posts - why not delete entire thread? What's the problem? We offended Daria Abramowicz by telling the truth about her sick behavior?

That "team" that Iga so strongly defended on the press conference is Daria. I don't know how aware Iga is that by supporting and "loving" her sick psychologist, she is actually destroying herself.
This is not the first time Iga has come out and blamed the fans. Everytime Daria's private scandal spreads, she tells Iga that fans are bullying her again. Then Iga or Iga's father would come out and shout down the fans for hating Iga. In reality, except for a few gamblers who gamble all day long, no one else hates Iga. More and more people have noticed Daria's pathological manipulation and blamed Daria. In addition to Dawid Celt and Boguslaw Lesnodorski, there are other national tennis legends who have blamed Daria. Strangely, Daria hides behind Iga every time this happens and lets 22 year old Iga stand up for 35 year old Daria. Anyway, blaming the fans is just right. Why does Daria still not respond to Boguslaw Lesnodorski's accusations against her? And where is her husband Krzysztof Kierkowski?
Exactly. No one hate Iga like a person. The girl is good, smart, well-behaved. On the other side is Mrs. Abramowicz in the role of a psychologist. And what kind of psychologist? An unprofessional, immoral, unethical, psychologist who knows no bounds in her manipulative and rude behavior.

It's easiest to blame the people who noticed it and are talking about it. It seems that messages and comments are shown selectively to Iga. When someone supports Iga or wants to say something nice to her, it doesn't reach her. But when same person criticize Ms. Abramowicz's unprofessionalism, Iga has to read it immediately in order to stand up for her. That's manipulation and brain-washing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

nanorobot wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 07:26
Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 04:48
From Bing Chat:
'The phrase "Stój tam na returnie. Po co tam biegniesz? Stań tam" translates to "Stand there on the return. Why are you running there? Stand there" in English. This phrase was shouted by Tomasz Wiktorowski, the coach of Iga Świątek, during her match against Markéta Vondroušová in the quarterfinals of the WTA 1000 tournament in Cincinnati. Świątek immediately responded to her coach's words by saying "Because I have her on my racket. But okay, I'll stand".'

Regarding the argument with the umpire. She was not on the verge of crying. She has the voice that can sound as if she is going to cry.
Thank you, dear Polish friends. Anyway, it's nice to see Tomasz coaching Iga live on court and not Daria talking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 08:25
Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 08:01
Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 07:40
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 23:36
Guest wrote:

That's the perk of being ranked #1. ATP will ask Carlos and Novak when to play, too. Carlos likes day session and Novak likes night session. If Ash was world #1, the organizers would have asked for her opinion as a priority as well. Honestly, I know Iga is already very friendly world #1 and she has never asked to be treated special.
Iga said they all work hard, so they all deserve same treatment. There's no world No.1, No.141, etc They are all human beings. If Iga can choose when to play, then everyone should do.

About the deleting posts - why not delete entire thread? What's the problem? We offended Daria Abramowicz by telling the truth about her sick behavior?

That "team" that Iga so strongly defended on the press conference is Daria. I don't know how aware Iga is that by supporting and "loving" her sick psychologist, she is actually destroying herself.
This is not the first time Iga has come out and blamed the fans. Everytime Daria's private scandal spreads, she tells Iga that fans are bullying her again. Then Iga or Iga's father would come out and shout down the fans for hating Iga. In reality, except for a few gamblers who gamble all day long, no one else hates Iga. More and more people have noticed Daria's pathological manipulation and blamed Daria. In addition to Dawid Celt and Boguslaw Lesnodorski, there are other national tennis legends who have blamed Daria. Strangely, Daria hides behind Iga every time this happens and lets 22 year old Iga stand up for 35 year old Daria. Anyway, blaming the fans is just right. Why does Daria still not respond to Boguslaw Lesnodorski's accusations against her? And where is her husband Krzysztof Kierkowski?
Exactly. No one hate Iga like a person. The girl is good, smart, well-behaved. On the other side is Mrs. Abramowicz in the role of a psychologist. And what kind of psychologist? An unprofessional, immoral, unethical, psychologist who knows no bounds in her manipulative and rude behavior.

It's easiest to blame the people who noticed it and are talking about it. It seems that messages and comments are shown selectively to Iga. When someone supports Iga or wants to say something nice to her, it doesn't reach her. But when same person criticize Ms. Abramowicz's unprofessionalism, Iga has to read it immediately in order to stand up for her. That's manipulation and brain-washing.
No, you both make good points. Why doesn't Daria come out and defend Iga, for a change? As a psychologist, why doesn't she discuss the effect that online harassment has on the mental health of Iga and her team? Why is Iga solely burdened with this obligation? Why didn't Daria explain herself regarding the Netflix show? It wasn't Iga who did anything questionable, it was Daria. Tsitsipas also had a scandal and made a sincere apology for his own behaviour, Kyrgios didn't apologise for him on his behalf. So why is Iga making excuses for Daria? Daria can explain herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another frankly disastrous loss by Iga. She knows she has a big test coming up in defending the US open. I hope she can prepare herself mentally.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

two tough losses in montreal and cincy that maybe could have gone the other way but it’s a big improvement on last season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Q. Yesterday you were talking about the criticism your team got. There was criticism regarding the Netflix episode. Do you think there is a connection from that?

IGA SWIATEK: There were some things that I thought they edited it, and people kind of misunderstood sometimes few situations in the episode. Well, we already kind of spoke to Netflix about these things. I wish it could be done a little bit differently. When we watched before the premier, we couldn't have any influence on how they edited some stuff.

Yeah, there was a lot of hate after the episode came out. That's another thing that kind of convinced me that I don't need that right now at this stage of my career. So, yeah, I wish Netflix could do it a little bit differently, some things.

I wish people wouldn't judge so much 'cause I use sarcasm sometimes. For example, yesterday as well with the outfit change, it wasn't even me who bring that up because the journalist on court actually ask me.

But, yeah, I realize that I shouldn't use sarcasm in the public arena because people sometimes are not understanding, and they are just hating.

It is a little bit connected, but overall there is too much hate. I think every player would say it.

Q. Specifically it was the scene when you were getting your haircut?

IGA SWIATEK: Yeah, I was sarcastic and I said I'm not going to, like, adjust my haircut to tennis because I tend to, early years, few years back, cut my hair really short. When I was playing, it was falling here, and I couldn't really do anything about it. My hair is really chaotic. It needs to be perfect, because if not, I can't really control it.

Daria reminded me about that. She got a lot of hate that she's like, I don't know, has influence on my haircut. That's not true because she's just a person who's going to kind of remind me of those stuff.

I know the story because I cut my hair in a wrong way couple of times, and it was a mess. Here sometimes also it's like falling. I'm sure you guys also don't like that. I can do it too short, but on the other hand I have so much hair that I want to do it short because it's heavy and it's too hot. People just criticized and they didn't understand my sarcasm, so that's a shame.

Actually I'm an athlete and I am kind of going to adjust my hair to tennis, so... That's the reality. But, yeah, I wanted to be a little bit sarcastic and just show that our job is kind of like 24/7. Everything we eat, everything we do have later influence on how we perform.

Yeah, so they edited it that way, that it just looks like Daria is kind of having influence on my haircut, which is not true. So yeah...

Well, it's like swimmers, they shave their legs. There are, like, plenty of things in sports that you have to kind of take care of. People are not talking about that. I used sarcasm, and maybe that wasn't a good idea.

But, yeah, overall people are really judging. Sorry about talking. I don't think we should talk about hair that much, but (smiling).

Q. There's been a lot of retirements in this tournament. You said earlier that you've been prioritizing rest. Does this year feel any different in terms of the load or...

IGA SWIATEK: I think it's harder and harder. Tournaments, if they are longer, we have less time in between tournaments to recover. I think it's going to be pretty extreme next year if all the 1000 tournaments are going to be like almost two weeks. So I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it's a sign for WTA and ATP to kind of take it easy on us. On the other side there's business that they need to take care of.

Our season is actually going to get longer. I guess we are the ones that should be kind of responsible and know when to take a break and not really push because it's a race and it's a pretty long one. We have to be smart and your team has to be smart to make the right decisions.

I'm not surprised because, yeah, this swing is hard, especially with the delays and the weather that messed up the schedule in Montreal. It's hard to recover from playing two matches a day. I know that after Warsaw. It was a 250, so the pressure was little bit different than a 1000.

Yeah, I understand that. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2023, 10:38
Q. Yesterday you were talking about the criticism your team got. There was criticism regarding the Netflix episode. Do you think there is a connection from that?

IGA SWIATEK: There were some things that I thought they edited it, and people kind of misunderstood sometimes few situations in the episode. Well, we already kind of spoke to Netflix about these things. I wish it could be done a little bit differently. When we watched before the premier, we couldn't have any influence on how they edited some stuff.

Yeah, there was a lot of hate after the episode came out. That's another thing that kind of convinced me that I don't need that right now at this stage of my career. So, yeah, I wish Netflix could do it a little bit differently, some things.

I wish people wouldn't judge so much 'cause I use sarcasm sometimes. For example, yesterday as well with the outfit change, it wasn't even me who bring that up because the journalist on court actually ask me.

But, yeah, I realize that I shouldn't use sarcasm in the public arena because people sometimes are not understanding, and they are just hating.

It is a little bit connected, but overall there is too much hate. I think every player would say it.

IGA SWIATEK: Yeah, I was sarcastic and I said I'm not going to, like, adjust my haircut to tennis because I tend to, early years, few years back, cut my hair really short. When I was playing, it was falling here, and I couldn't really do anything about it. My hair is really chaotic. It needs to be perfect, because if not, I can't really control it.

Daria reminded me about that. She got a lot of hate that she's like, I don't know, has influence on my haircut. That's not true because she's just a person who's going to kind of remind me of those stuff.

I know the story because I cut my hair in a wrong way couple of times, and it was a mess. Here sometimes also it's like falling. I'm sure you guys also don't like that. I can do it too short, but on the other hand I have so much hair that I want to do it short because it's heavy and it's too hot. People just criticized and they didn't understand my sarcasm, so that's a shame.

Actually I'm an athlete and I am kind of going to adjust my hair to tennis, so... That's the reality. But, yeah, I wanted to be a little bit sarcastic and just show that our job is kind of like 24/7. Everything we eat, everything we do have later influence on how we perform.

Yeah, so they edited it that way, that it just looks like Daria is kind of having influence on my haircut, which is not true. So yeah...

Well, it's like swimmers, they shave their legs. There are, like, plenty of things in sports that you have to kind of take care of. People are not talking about that. I used sarcasm, and maybe that wasn't a good idea.

But, yeah, overall people are really judging. Sorry about talking. I don't think we should talk about hair that much, but (smiling).

Q. There's been a lot of retirements in this tournament. You said earlier that you've been prioritizing rest. Does this year feel any different in terms of the load or...

IGA SWIATEK: I think it's harder and harder. Tournaments, if they are longer, we have less time in between tournaments to recover. I think it's going to be pretty extreme next year if all the 1000 tournaments are going to be like almost two weeks. So I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it's a sign for WTA and ATP to kind of take it easy on us. On the other side there's business that they need to take care of.

Our season is actually going to get longer. I guess we are the ones that should be kind of responsible and know when to take a break and not really push because it's a race and it's a pretty long one. We have to be smart and your team has to be smart to make the right decisions.

I'm not surprised because, yeah, this swing is hard, especially with the delays and the weather that messed up the schedule in Montreal. It's hard to recover from playing two matches a day. I know that after Warsaw. It was a 250, so the pressure was little bit different than a 1000.

Shame? It is a shame that this girl has been so brainwashed that there is no hope for her at all. Others decide how she will cut her hair, what she will eat, what she will wear... If Iga is gay, she will never admit it. That requires great courage, and she is brave only when she needs to defend her beloved Daria. Almost typical behavior of a person who is part of a Cult. It will probably end with her "team" finding her a boyfriend and she will say: "Because I don't like it. But ok, I will be with him."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2023, 10:52
Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2023, 10:38

Shame? It is a shame that this girl has been so brainwashed that there is no hope for her at all. Others decide how she will cut her hair, what she will eat, what she will wear... If Iga is gay, she will never admit it. That requires great courage, and she is brave only when she needs to defend her beloved Daria. Almost typical behavior of a person who is part of a Cult. It will probably end with her "team" finding her a boyfriend and she will say: "Because I don't like it. But ok, I will be with him."
Daria, as a staff member, has formed a symbiotic relationship with Iga - Daria is Iga, Iga is Daria, Daria's business is Iga's business. Is it healthy? I don't think so.

User583
Reactions:

Post by User583 »

Yes, I'm afraid her behavior will soon destroy her career. Something wrong with her lately. Even Ons Jabeur has started to move away from her and she likes everyone
By the way, I'm shocked because the polish media began to officially wonder if Iga and Daria are not a couple :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

User583 wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 20:25
Yes, I'm afraid her behavior will soon destroy her career. Something wrong with her lately. Even Ons Jabeur has started to move away from her and she likes everyone
By the way, I'm shocked because the polish media began to officially wonder if Iga and Daria are not a couple :blinkwide:
Really? Which news oulet precisely?

User583
Reactions:

Post by User583 »

I have the impression that no one likes Iga on tour anymore and no one talks to her. See how Badosa, Jabeur, Gauff, Sakkari's attitude has changed.

nanorobot
Reactions:

Post by nanorobot »

Guest wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 20:33
User583 wrote:
I'm also curious because I only found this: https://www.pomponik.pl/plotki/news-iga ... Id,6973171

This is an article from one of the biggest Polish gossip websites, but it only reports fan opinions, some of which suggest that Iga and Daria are a couple.

One important note. The article was originally titled 'Are Iga Swiatek and Daria Abramowicz a couple' ('Iga Świątek i Daria Abramowicz są parą?') but for some reason the title was changed ...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

nanorobot wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 21:44
Guest wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 20:33
User583 wrote:
I'm also curious because I only found this: https://www.pomponik.pl/plotki/news-iga ... Id,6973171

This is an article from one of the biggest Polish gossip websites, but it only reports fan opinions, some of which suggest that Iga and Daria are a couple.

One important note. The article was originally titled 'Are Iga Swiatek and Daria Abramowicz a couple' ('Iga Świątek i Daria Abramowicz są parą?') but for some reason the title was changed ...
Wondering what was the reason for changing the title...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Making the 1000 tournaments two weeks long is one of the stupidest things they’ve ever done, honestly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

User583 wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 21:04
I have the impression that no one likes Iga on tour anymore and no one talks to her. See how Badosa, Jabeur, Gauff, Sakkari's attitude has changed.
I noticed that Iga gets frustrated a lot during matches recently, even the umpires have started to call her out (like some matches in Cincinnati, for example the match vs Vondrousova, or some other match when the umpire said to her "Iga stop talking"). It's hard to see her like that. I think she's been going through some tough time, maybe she can't handle the pressure, she's been getting more and more hate recently too, I worry about her :(

Now about other players' attitude towards her, I don't really watch everything what everyone says during conferences or posts on social media, but I saw one short fragment with Ons where she talked about the heavy balls they were using and said something like "My shoulder is sore, I hope that Iga is happy" (like she was blaming Iga for the balls...), and even though she laughed when she said it, it still shocked me a little. I don't know what to feel about it because Ons often seems to (partially?) joke like that in interviews. On the other hand, Ons recently supported Iga's message about the hate she's been getting from her fans.
And Badosa? I don't really follow her, don't know what her relations with Iga looked like, but knowing that Badosa is best friends with Sabalenka, I wouldn't really be surprised that she started to dislike her (we know Sabalenka's attitude towards Iga and her passive-aggresive comments, so perhaps it influenced her.)

I feel like Iga her always been a loner type, spending most of the time with her team, living in her own little world, and hasn't had very close relationships with other players. Maybe it's just my impression though? She surely has/had players she was closer with along the way, but it's hard to tell because she isn't really posting stuff like that on social media (like for example Daria Kasatkina who shares vlogs with her girlfriend where they show behind the scenes stuff or have funny talks with other players, etc)

I hope your impression that everyone dislikes her isn't 100% true :sadangel: but I think her introverted personality and being No. 1 player definitely would also contribute to something like that easier than normally. You see like everybody is out to get you, like everybody is observing very closely, like everybody wants you out already. Perhaps it's taking a toll on Iga and that's why she's behaving like that...

User 0972
Reactions:

Post by User 0972 »

Maybe it's stupid but it seems to me that Ons followed Iga on instagram, and recently I was on her profile and I was surprised that Iga is not in the followed, as if she unfollowed her.
Badosa used to like Iga very much and now she cut herself off. Here, in fact, I also suspect the influence of Sabalenka.
By the way, I have the impression that Sabalenka is a bit obsessed with Iga. I get she wants to beat her but =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

User 0972 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 04:14
Maybe it's stupid but it seems to me that Ons followed Iga on instagram, and recently I was on her profile and I was surprised that Iga is not in the followed, as if she unfollowed her.
Badosa used to like Iga very much and now she cut herself off. Here, in fact, I also suspect the influence of Sabalenka.
By the way, I have the impression that Sabalenka is a bit obsessed with Iga. I get she wants to beat her but =_=
Yes, she totally is. Even in the Netflix show, they filmed her while she was watching Iga's match, her face full of jealousy, and she said that Iga is her main "target". I think one of the WTA social profiles shared this fragment on their page, and people were shocked and accused them for wanting to cause more drama and hate. Yes I totally get the rivalry, it's also thrilling for the audience, not gonna lie. But this is just pure obsession at this point. I think it also may be the reason why Sabalenka loses matches everytime she has a chance for No 1, she hates her so much that she only thinks about it and it makes her flop.

Recently I watched the match between Hurkacz and Alcaraz, they were so friendly to each other. Or the final between Alcaraz and Djokovic, they hugged after the match and after the trophy ceremony. You think we'd ever see this between Iga and Sabalenka? Hell no. But it's also not a secret that their nationalities play big part in all this as well, everybody knows what's the situation in the world. But I feel that Iga at least tries to be more respectful and refrain from unnecessary passive-aggressive comments (maybe it's pretend, or maybe she really doesn't want it to be like that, we don't know), while Saba not so much.

Seriouslythoooo
Reactions:

Post by Seriouslythoooo »

Polish gossip site Pomponik admitted that there are indeed rumors about Iga and Daria being together. Do you guys think they will adress this speculation?

Nonamea
Reactions:

Post by Nonamea »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t think she’s being pathetic, I think she’s polite and well-mannered.
Also if she’s with Daria I don’t think it’s gonna destroy her career at all. More likely Daria’s since she’s her senior and they met when Iga was barely 18.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why does the IMG agent Jules Mercier now sit in the box with Iga’s team?
Also Iga said this in response to a question about what she was having for dinner after loss to Gauff, ”I don't know. Like maybe a good steak. You have to ask Jules because he's actually kind of making the dinner.”
Is he now apart of the team?

User 357
Reactions:

Post by User 357 »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 05:57
User 0972 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 04:14
Yes, she totally is. Even in the Netflix show, they filmed her while she was watching Iga's match, her face full of jealousy, and she said that Iga is her main "target". I think one of the WTA social profiles shared this fragment on their page, and people were shocked and accused them for wanting to cause more drama and hate. Yes I totally get the rivalry, it's also thrilling for the audience, not gonna lie. But this is just pure obsession at this point. I think it also may be the reason why Sabalenka loses matches everytime she has a chance for No 1, she hates her so much that she only thinks about it and it makes her flop.

Recently I watched the match between Hurkacz and Alcaraz, they were so friendly to each other. Or the final between Alcaraz and Djokovic, they hugged after the match and after the trophy ceremony. You think we'd ever see this between Iga and Sabalenka? Hell no. But it's also not a secret that their nationalities play big part in all this as well, everybody knows what's the situation in the world. But I feel that Iga at least tries to be more respectful and refrain from unnecessary passive-aggressive comments (maybe it's pretend, or maybe she really doesn't want it to be like that, we don't know), while Saba not so much.

I think they will reconcile in the future. Iga doesn't like Aryna but she's polite and basically doesn't care about her. On the other hand, from Sabalenka, apart from hatred and jealousy, there is also a hidden sympathy and admiration. I have never seen such a gentle and sincere smile from Sabalenka as to Iga last year at the US OPEN.
Ig this rivalry continues sooner or later they will like each other. I read somewhere that Nadal and Federer didn't like each other at first either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 05:57
Recently I watched the match between Hurkacz and Alcaraz, they were so friendly to each other. Or the final between Alcaraz and Djokovic, they hugged after the match and after the trophy ceremony. You think we'd ever see this between Iga and Sabalenka? Hell no.
We barely see this between women in the WTA, period. It honestly makes me sad. The men are usually so friendly at the net whereas the women are more standoffish.

As for what Ons said about Iga and the new balls, that's just Ons' sense of humour. She name-drops other players like that sometimes but I always got the impression it was in a fun, friendly way. I can't speak to her following or unfollowing Iga on Instagram, though. I have no clue about that.

Lucy1234
Reactions:

Post by Lucy1234 »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 11:58
Also Iga said this in response to a question about what she was having for dinner after loss to Gauff, ”I don't know. Like maybe a good steak. You have to ask Jules because he's actually kind of making the dinner.”
Everyone here is focused on Daria, but maybe Jules is the one Iga is dating.

Nonamea
Reactions:

Post by Nonamea »

Lucy1234 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 17:56
Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 11:58
Everyone here is focused on Daria, but maybe Jules is the one Iga is dating.
Jules is gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Iga always seems super chill and happy around Jules.

Roedeer8
Reactions:

Post by Roedeer8 »

Daria watching Iga talking with Sheldon after practise was 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I dont know why Daria is coming to Iga’s training session. She is only a ballgirl during it :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Splenditello wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 18:52
I just found out that Krzysztof, Darias husband likes Igas stuff on twitter. Its weird if they are together, he should be jelous or something
Because 99% Iga and Daria are not together. Yes, the relationship is strangely close, yes, it looks very weird, yes, we don't see pics of Daria spending time with her husband and don't know what their situation actually looks like, but in my opinion the thing with Iga and Daria isn't sexual, that would be insane. I don't think Iga would do it. And I don't even like Daria, she sometimes gives off kind of unfriendly vibes or something, but it has nothing to do with my opinion about their "relationship". Maybe Iga feels lonely and needs someone to vent to, maybe she also needs an assistant and Daria is also doing this job of helping her with various things, maybe she doesn't have anyone to visit places and events but doesn't want to go alone because it's overwhelming for her, maybe she feels more comfortable if it's a woman she already knows because she obviously won't go with the coach, maybe she has some other problems and needs support... Heck, honestly, even writing and imagining what the reason is makes me crazy uncomfortable so I'll stop here.
And lastly, I think the possibility of Iga being gay (and I would like this one to be true) is what enhances this rumor among people about her and Daria "dating", because if she is gay then it "MUST" mean that whatever we're seeing is romantic.

iga fan
Reactions:

Post by iga fan »

Can you imagine being only 22 and number 1 in the world. The human brain is not fully developed until 25. Iga is a tremendous player and a real sweetheart. Leave her alone to discover herself in her way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 04:14
Splenditello wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 18:52
I just found out that Krzysztof, Darias husband likes Igas stuff on twitter. Its weird if they are together, he should be jelous or something
Because 99% Iga and Daria are not together. Yes, the relationship is strangely close, yes, it looks very weird, yes, we don't see pics of Daria spending time with her husband and don't know what their situation actually looks like, but in my opinion the thing with Iga and Daria isn't sexual, that would be insane. I don't think Iga would do it. And I don't even like Daria, she sometimes gives off kind of unfriendly vibes or something, but it has nothing to do with my opinion about their "relationship". Maybe Iga feels lonely and needs someone to vent to, maybe she also needs an assistant and Daria is also doing this job of helping her with various things, maybe she doesn't have anyone to visit places and events but doesn't want to go alone because it's overwhelming for her, maybe she feels more comfortable if it's a woman she already knows because she obviously won't go with the coach, maybe she has some other problems and needs support... Heck, honestly, even writing and imagining what the reason is makes me crazy uncomfortable so I'll stop here.
And lastly, I think the possibility of Iga being gay (and I would like this one to be true) is what enhances this rumor among people about her and Daria "dating", because if she is gay then it "MUST" mean that whatever we're seeing is romantic.
Agreed. I think she's just a lonely introverted girl who has become overly dependent on this woman for companionship and emotional support. That's it. Nothing romantic or sexual. Just a bit overly dependent. She'll grow up eventually. I don't think this is good for her, but it won't go on forever.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do people really think Iga is lesbian?
I just can’t really see it, I think she is just quirky and awkward. Maybe that’s just me though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Iga is Infosys global ambassador now. So happy for Iga. North Indian fans are jealous of real Indians now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 09:27
Do people really think Iga is lesbian?
I just can’t really see it, I think she is just quirky and awkward. Maybe that’s just me though
A lot of people think, but we won't find out the truth soon, if ever. She's not the type of person who shares this kind of things to the public or feels comfortable to talk about them. I remember that in one of those fun videos that WTA makes with the players, to the question "what is the most romantic word/sentence in French" Iga said "croissant" :rofl: So I don't expect her to confirm or deny anything. But who even says that she *has* to be in a relationship, maybe she even doesn't want to, but keeps answering the stupid questions "are you single" "do you have a bf" etc., so they leave her alone.

And yeah she's quirky and awkward, but I feel there's also something else, or maybe it's wishful thinking, I don't know. Like at first I thought that I was just imagining things and that there was no way, but then after I read many posts and comments online I found out that actually many people have similar thoughts - which only made me more confused, and I fear this confusion is going to stay this way for a long long time! lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's interesting that Iga has absolutely got to be aware of the speculations about her sexuality; they're everywhere, all over the internet. So she knows that many, many people think she's a lesbian. She hasn't tried to dissuade the speculators, to my knowledge (for example, by talking about a male crush), but I can't imagine it's all that comfortable for her either way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 19:25
It's interesting that Iga has absolutely got to be aware of the speculations about her sexuality; they're everywhere, all over the internet. So she knows that many, many people think she's a lesbian. She hasn't tried to dissuade the speculators, to my knowledge (for example, by talking about a male crush), but I can't imagine it's all that comfortable for her either way.
I also wonder if she knows and what's her reaction. Yeah it's definitely not a comfortable position to be in, I can imagine. Maybe she tries to go 'incognito' with this topic and pretend she doesn't know. She doesn't have to adress everything people say, afterall. And maybe she doesn't actually know that it's a popular belief? That wound be weird, but it's still a possibility.

One interesting thing though, some time ago during a conference/meeting in Poland a guy asked Iga what she thinks about lgbt poeple's rights. Her team was sitting there, too. I watched the video and paid attention to Iga and her team's faces, trying to deduct if their facial expressions reveal something. But looked like they all managed to stay very calm and keep the poker face :hmmm: so I didn't get anything. (Btw, if someone's interested, her answer went something like: "I'd like everyone to be tolerant and free to be whoever they want. These values are very important to me and should be important to everybody. I'm not an activist, I want to play tennis and it's my priority. But you know I'm already pretty open about topics like the war or mental health. I just doesn't want everything to overwhelm me so I speak when I feel the need, have strenght and space to do it.")

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 20:38
Guest wrote:
I also wonder if she knows and what's her reaction. Yeah it's definitely not a comfortable position to be in, I can imagine. Maybe she tries to go 'incognito' with this topic and pretend she doesn't know. She doesn't have to adress everything people say, afterall. And maybe she doesn't actually know that it's a popular belief? That wound be weird, but it's still a possibility.

One interesting thing though, some time ago during a conference/meeting in Poland a guy asked Iga what she thinks about lgbt poeple's rights. Her team was sitting there, too. I watched the video and paid attention to Iga and her team's faces, trying to deduct if their facial expressions reveal something. But looked like they all managed to stay very calm and keep the poker face :hmmm: so I didn't get anything. (Btw, if someone's interested, her answer went something like: "I'd like everyone to be tolerant and free to be whoever they want. These values are very important to me and should be important to everybody. I'm not an activist, I want to play tennis and it's my priority. But you know I'm already pretty open about topics like the war or mental health. I just doesn't want everything to overwhelm me so I speak when I feel the need, have strenght and space to do it.")
She definitely knows. I'd bet on it. I mean, she also certainly knows about the rumours that she is in a relationship with her psychologist as well, they are so common. But as for her feelings, I couldn't imagine. If she is heterosexual then it's just an awkward assumption made by her fans and everyone will feel very silly the day she announces a boyfriend. But if she really is a lesbian (or bisexual)... I personally don't like to speculate publicly on someone's sexuality, especially when they are from a country that is not so friendly to LGBT people, and some of the things I've seen on Twitter are outrageous and so inappropriate; honestly, just disgusting things to say about someone who has been very private about their sexuality (whether heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual, Iga has up until now never publicly expressed interest in either sex, so either this is not a priority or interest for her, or it's something she actively wants to keep private). If she were a lesbian and did not want to come out, I wouldn't blame her for that. Not ever. Daria Kasatkina sacrificed a lot in doing so, and not everyone is willing or even able to make that sacrifice. Especially considering Iga is very shy, quite isolated, and still maturing. I just hope the constant buzz about her sexuality and relationship with Daria on social media isn't another weight on her shoulders.

Her answer is interesting. She's a very kindhearted young woman, if nothing else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 00:26
Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 20:38
Guest wrote:

She definitely knows. I'd bet on it. I mean, she also certainly knows about the rumours that she is in a relationship with her psychologist as well, they are so common. But as for her feelings, I couldn't imagine. If she is heterosexual then it's just an awkward assumption made by her fans and everyone will feel very silly the day she announces a boyfriend. But if she really is a lesbian (or bisexual)... I personally don't like to speculate publicly on someone's sexuality, especially when they are from a country that is not so friendly to LGBT people, and some of the things I've seen on Twitter are outrageous and so inappropriate; honestly, just disgusting things to say about someone who has been very private about their sexuality (whether heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual, Iga has up until now never publicly expressed interest in either sex, so either this is not a priority or interest for her, or it's something she actively wants to keep private). If she were a lesbian and did not want to come out, I wouldn't blame her for that. Not ever. Daria Kasatkina sacrificed a lot in doing so, and not everyone is willing or even able to make that sacrifice. Especially considering Iga is very shy, quite isolated, and still maturing. I just hope the constant buzz about her sexuality and relationship with Daria on social media isn't another weight on her shoulders.

Her answer is interesting. She's a very kindhearted young woman, if nothing else.
This world, in every country, has a large LGBT population. But the reality is that the overall culture is homophobic, even in the most vaunted of freedoms, the United States. If a famous actress claims to be LGBTQ, she will never get the roles she wants, like Ellen Page. A straight man or woman can get approval for the gay roles they play, and people will praise them for being so brave, like Cate Blanchett. There are also a lot of LGBT in sports and fashion. Ironically, these are two worlds where you can see two completely different temperaments. In sports, masculinity is emphasized and female athletes with masculine qualities are accepted. And the fashion world emphasizes femininity, and male designers with femininity will be complimented.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Iga was training with our North Indian Qinwen for the first time. Team Iga & Carlos was playing in Arthur Ash Kids' day. Andy said he wanted to play doubles with Iga and would like to be Iga's coach.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 23:56
Iga was training with our North Indian Qinwen for the first time. Team Iga & Carlos was playing in Arthur Ash Kids' day. Andy said he wanted to play doubles with Iga and would like to be Iga's coach.
I just watched Iga and Carlos. All I have to say is that if this girl is not gay, then it must be some aliens jamming our radars. Iga has zero chemistry with the boys. Iga and Carlos were like two brothers when they were bumping their chests. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 09:13
Guest wrote:
I just watched Iga and Carlos. All I have to say is that if this girl is not gay, then it must be some aliens jamming our radars. Iga has zero chemistry with the boys. Iga and Carlos were like two brothers when they were bumping their chests. :nails:
Do you have a link to this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 09:47
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 09:13
Guest wrote:
Do you have a link to this?
https://weibo.com/6342912608/NgugFwuOo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know since Iga hasn’t confirmed anything about her sexuality things said about it are just rumours. But is there any evidence that 99% confirms what it is?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 11:33
I know since Iga hasn’t confirmed anything about her sexuality things said about it are just rumours. But is there any evidence that 99% confirms what it is?
Strong gay vibes.
Loves kittens.
Loves books.
Loves music, loves Taylor Swift.
Loves math, kind of a nerd.
A little bit childish.
Very introverted.
Tomboyish dressing style.
Very shy with girls.
Wants to give her cat to Mikaela.
Has a desire to win, and cries when she's beaten by another girl.
Is willing to protect and share her sponsorship with her team members, no matter what kind of persons they are.
Zero chemistry with boys.
Having her own principles about everything, being horribly honest.
Zero bitchiness.
Divorced parents, mysterious relationship with her mom.

Daria, if you are reading this thread, this is not for you.