Tokyo Olympics 2021

Reactions:

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2021

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:41
Sha’carri has the absolute worst type of attitude an athlete can have, idk who is handling her but they needed to tell her to take a seat and calm down. There is no need for an athlete with no achievements and a scandal to have that much arrogance and attitude.
I was about to ask about her bragging right(s), but never mind. She's young, she needs to learn from her mistakes, and maybe a new coach can also help her get the right mindset.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:41
Sha’carri has the absolute worst type of attitude an athlete can have, idk who is handling her but they needed to tell her to take a seat and calm down. There is no need for an athlete with no achievements and a scandal to have that much arrogance and attitude.
I guess she has enough endorsements now? She probably gonna be an influencer. Getting money without all the hard work.

US medias need to focus on someone who actually delivers like this 19 years old

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:28
Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:05
All that hype, mental gymnastics and drama over Sha’carri and she finished ninth? People made it seem like she was Usain’s second coming and she was being robbed of a gold
LMAO :rofl:

Yanks need to stop over hype their athletes before they even got the gold medal :mask: that kinda hype gets into their heads

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 04:20
Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:28
Guest wrote:
All that hype, mental gymnastics and drama over Sha’carri and she finished ninth? People made it seem like she was Usain’s second coming and she was being robbed of a gold
LMAO :rofl:

Yanks need to stop over hype their athletes before they even got the gold medal :mask: that kinda hype gets into their heads
Da too true :-/ especially since the other t&f athletes seem pretty chill. In swimming I don't mind King over confidence ass since she already proved that she could deliver, and outside her comments she seems chill with her teammates including Jacoby.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't take Sha'carri seriously with those gross nails and eyelashes, she knows how to play the game though. Girl has no achievements and managed to make bank.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She wasn't ninth she was last which is the worst possible outcome. Dead last.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 05:38
I can't take Sha'carri seriously with those gross nails and eyelashes, she knows how to play the game though. Girl has no achievements and managed to make bank.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 05:38
More focused on gross nails instead of training like her teammates. They are running better than her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ here to stay as an Insta attention whore maybe? Cause anyone who is an athlete or a fan of sports would’ve known this girl wasn’t gonna achieve shit. She got lucky people used that woe is me hive mentality to make her into a star without doing shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sha'Carri at least has a PB best that implies she could really be amongst the best, but I agree that many American sportspeople are more hype, marketing and sponsorship bait than actual athletes.

I think this is most prominent with fencing. I know it's an obscure sport and it hasn't produced any superstars, but still you hear about some fencers here and there. US actually has a pretty decent fencer in the face of Gerek Meinhardt who's amongst the best in the world, but dude is absolutely anonymous in mainstream. The rare fencing news and interviews I've seen in bigger media are always about two guys - Race Imboden and Miles Chamley Watson, especially the latter. They're basically okayish fencers without any big individual achievements, but they are obviously super focused on being marketable with aesthetics, or whatever that will appeal to sponsors and they've been made to be the face of American fencing. Seems like marketability will always top actual skills and achievements, so athletes in majority will rather focus on that, because the money comes from sponsorships.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 08:37
Sha'Carri at least has a PB best that implies she could really be amongst the best, but I agree that many American sportspeople are more hype, marketing and sponsorship bait than actual athletes.

I think this is most prominent with fencing. I know it's an obscure sport and it hasn't produced any superstars, but still you hear about some fencers here and there. US actually has a pretty decent fencer in the face of Gerek Meinhardt who's amongst the best in the world, but dude is absolutely anonymous in mainstream. The rare fencing news and interviews I've seen in bigger media are always about two guys - Race Imboden and Miles Chamley Watson, especially the latter. They're basically okayish fencers without any big individual achievements, but they are obviously super focused on being marketable with aesthetics, or whatever that will appeal to sponsors and they've been made to be the face of American fencing. Seems like marketability will always top actual skills and achievements, so athletes in majority will rather focus on that, because the money comes from sponsorships.
Idk anything about fencing, aren't they all from posh family? Like real wealthy family who goes to Harvard, Yale, etc?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 08:32
^ here to stay as an Insta attention whore maybe? Cause anyone who is an athlete or a fan of sports would’ve known this girl wasn’t gonna achieve shit. She got lucky people used that woe is me hive mentality to make her into a star without doing shit.
She's already achieved good results at national trial. She could be great with better attitude, better coach, and better mentor. Now she's just gonna be big fish in a small pond. I don't know how much money Nike throw at her but they won't be satisfied with this kind of result. Osaka and Biles already proved they're the real deal, sponsorship will stay for a long time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Were the US Olympic trials in Oregon? I know they recently refurbished the stadium. It seemed a fast sprint track last night.

I am looking forward to Lausanne mid-week to see what Thompson can do there. Not the fastest track but it has had some great sprint races in the past. Brussels might be the track for a world record bid in a few weeks' time. That might cap off a season for her that could have been a disaster with injuries.

Thursday will be Lea Sprunger's last race too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dumb question but would her hair affect her performance? I never see male sprinter sporting facial hair or even long hair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 12:26
Dumb question but would her hair affect her performance? I never see male sprinter sporting facial hair or even long hair.
According to this, it does but only slightly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/ ... s-mane.amp

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 12:57
Guest wrote:

Slightly is very subjective. 100m sprinter deals with miliseconds

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 14:08
Wow, another one having a terrific year. Who's next?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

how do you know shacarri richardson's making a lot of money. how much is she making

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 17:17
how do you know shacarri richardson's making a lot of money. how much is she making
She's sponsored by brands notably Nike, which is extremely ridiculous when you think about how much sweat and money athletes spend to make podiums and get those sponsorships. She has achieved nothing, Nike and others were just using that moment and aiming for woke points imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 17:24
Guest wrote:
She's sponsored by brands notably Nike, which is extremely ridiculous when you think about how much sweat and money athletes spend to make podiums and get those sponsorships. She has achieved nothing, Nike and others were just using that moment and aiming for woke points imo.
I guess they think her style, image or whatever will appeal to a certain demographic. Sometime sponsorship is down to having an image they think will sell product...look at Anna Kournikova.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da Nike doesn't pay that much tho, unless you're a big star.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 23:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da Nike doesn't pay that much tho, unless you're a big star.
Still enough for her not having regular job to pay her bills.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That golf woman with rainbow notebook has a bf from her insta. It's her sister who started using rainbow notebook for pride month but idk if she's fam or just an ally.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 13:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yea. Remember the suit Cathy Freeman wore? That was for the 400m and she wore it to reduce drag.

Are people not allowed to wear suits like that any more? Im sure that suit was an advantage and you'd think more runners would.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 01:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yea. Remember the suit Cathy Freeman wore? That was for the 400m and she wore it to reduce drag.

Are people not allowed to wear suits like that any more? Im sure that suit was an advantage and you'd think more runners would.
Probably not allowed, same thing with that swimming suit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The placebo you get from feeling comfortable/confident is worth more than the milliseconds you lose from drag. They ask this all the time about male sprinters like Degrasse who wears bling when he races, he's faster with it than without.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 07:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The placebo you get from feeling comfortable/confident is worth more than the milliseconds you lose from drag. They ask this all the time about male sprinters like Degrasse who wears bling when he races, he's faster with it than without.
But she's dead last :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 08:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

SAFP is known for her racing wigs, this isn't something that Richardson invented.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sha carri isn’t even an olympian why is she the main topic right now? :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Big day tomorrow! 🥇 🥈 🥉

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 09:46
Sha carri isn’t even an olympian why is she the main topic right now? :nails:
Paralympic is also not what the title thread about yet you keep posting about them. Jealousy is not cute sis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 09:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

SAFP is known for her racing wigs, this isn't something that Richardson invented.
I wasn't talking about wigs tho but why she doesn't tied her hair in a ponytail?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 11:30
Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 09:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I wasn't talking about wigs tho but why she doesn't tied her hair in a ponytail?
Because the psychological benefit outweighs the drag. There are so many sprinters who wear their hair down and long, clearly it works for them. High level sports are just as mental as they are physical. As the saying goes, look good feel good

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Could we repurpose the thread as an athletics thread or make an athletics thread?

The World Championships are next year and we should see some good diamond league races in the lead up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 12:09
Could we repurpose the thread as an athletics thread or make an athletics thread?

The World Championships are next year and we should see some good diamond league races in the lead up.
You can create a new thread for athletic if you want. I might drop in once in a while.

I wanna create a swimming thread too but I think it's just gonna be me talking to myself lol outside olympic it's pretty dull for swimming

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I would suggest that you make an athletics thread instead. The Paralympics is still part of the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Some anons might want to discuss the games here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As we are discussing repurposing threads or opening new threads I was wondering what you guys think of a a womens rugby 7s thread. I mean it did seem popular when it was shown in the olympics plus there is a lot gay women playing the sports.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 13:47
As we are discussing repurposing threads or opening new threads I was wondering what you guys think of a a womens rugby 7s thread. I mean it did seem popular when it was shown in the olympics plus there is a lot gay women playing the sports.
Pretty sure there's already a thread for rugby? cmiiw

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have a crush on the Averina sisters. I liked the evil sister more, but now I like the angel sister much more :$
They are adorable, I wonder if there is a lot of female homosexuality in rhythmic gymnastics, they have to spend much of their childhood and youth surrounded almost exclusively by women without worrying about boyfriends. What a paradise, I would put up with those training bitches just for that. By the way, I feel very bad because Arisha did not win a medal, she was doing well but in the end it was horrible.
I wonder if Trunchbull will make her cry for her mistake. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 17:09
I have a crush on the Averina sisters. I liked the evil sister more, but now I like the angel sister much more :$
They are adorable, I wonder if there is a lot of female homosexuality in rhythmic gymnastics, they have to spend much of their childhood and youth surrounded almost exclusively by women without worrying about boyfriends. What a paradise, I would put up with those training bitches just for that. By the way, I feel very bad because Arisha did not win a medal, she was doing well but in the end it was horrible.
I wonder if Trunchbull will make her cry for her mistake. :bigcry:
They usually train in the same place with male gymnasts lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 12:19
Guest wrote:

You can create a new thread for athletic if you want. I might drop in once in a while.

I wanna create a swimming thread too but I think it's just gonna be me talking to myself lol outside olympic it's pretty dull for swimming
DA this thread is dead anyway without any of you posting about athletics, swimming, BMX, rugby etc. Just use this one.

BelCop
Reactions: 84

Post by BelCop »

Paralympics finally start today…
Just watched a video of a guy who plays ping pong without arms… :blinkwide:
Crazy shizzle…

Also really sad for that afghan woman who is stuck in her country and can not compete. She would have been the first woman ever to represent her country on the Paralympic Games…

Sad shizzle…

Looking forward to all your comments her on this event.

Let the games begin. :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Here we go!
Happy viewing everyone!

BelCop
Reactions: 84

Post by BelCop »

One Afghan guy got out in time!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watching the opening ceremony? I missed the beginning, I'm seeing the athletes parading now.