Tokyo Olympics 2021

BelCop
Reactions: 84

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2021

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 11:44
Anyone watching the opening ceremony? I missed the beginning, I'm seeing the athletes parading now.
Me too…
What’s up with the helicopter hats? 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BelCop wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 11:59
Guest wrote:
Anyone watching the opening ceremony? I missed the beginning, I'm seeing the athletes parading now.
Me too…
Oh, you noticed it, too. For fun? Actually I have no idea. :lol:

BelCop

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 12:07
BelCop wrote:
Guest wrote:
Me too…
Maybe they will all lift off at the end of the show 🤷‍♀️
Would be cool…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BelCop wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 12:09
Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 12:07
BelCop wrote:
Guest wrote:
Me too…
Maybe they will all lift off at the end of the show 🤷‍♀️
Would be cool…
Maybe, because they're doing the helicopter moves with their hands as well. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just got back from the longest meeting in history.
I missed the whole thing! :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 14:44
Cheer up, anon, here you go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 14:51
Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 14:44
Cheer up, anon, here you go.

You're lovely, thank you! :hug:
Will watch it tonight!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bebe!!! :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 13:52
Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 13:47
As we are discussing repurposing threads or opening new threads I was wondering what you guys think of a a womens rugby 7s thread. I mean it did seem popular when it was shown in the olympics plus there is a lot gay women playing the sports.
Pretty sure there's already a thread for rugby? cmiiw
Yep you are correct. There was a thread for rugby world cup but I want to open a thread specifically for womens 7s rugby. I think I'll wait until the 7s series starts up again later in the year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 20:48
Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 13:52
Guest wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 13:47
As we are discussing repurposing threads or opening new threads I was wondering what you guys think of a a womens rugby 7s thread. I mean it did seem popular when it was shown in the olympics plus there is a lot gay women playing the sports.
Pretty sure there's already a thread for rugby? cmiiw
Yep you are correct. There was a thread for rugby world cup but I want to open a thread specifically for womens 7s rugby. I think I'll wait until the 7s series starts up again later in the year.
Might as well just merged all the rugby threads imo. Mod will delete inactive threads.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This girl has such an awful attitude.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Too many people are terribly arrogant, but they legit believe they're just being confident and cool. Except arrogance quickly escalates into delusions about one's ability and talent.

Sha'Carri strikes me as not right in the head tbh. I'm almost afraid to overtly hate on her, because I believe it's a matter of time before something about her mental health pops and I don't mean some depression or anxiety story, but some deeper disorder and issue going on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 22:43
Too many people are terribly arrogant, but they legit believe they're just being confident and cool. Except arrogance quickly escalates into delusions about one's ability and talent.

Sha'Carri strikes me as not right in the head tbh. I'm almost afraid to overtly hate on her, because I believe it's a matter of time before something about her mental health pops and I don't mean some depression or anxiety story, but some deeper disorder and issue going on.
She's also got massive attention in a short period of time, loads of money and endorsements. Probably suddenly surronded by yes men and being told she's the best in the world, when she'd won almost nothing.

She's young but I thought her original statement about the drugs was good and mature, she took responsibility, didn't moan that she was missing the games etc etc. But since then and the attention she got it's like it's gone to her head and she believes her own hype, when really she needed to concentrate on her sport cause there's plenty of races and tournaments to be run.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One of her yes mam needs to get her. She's gonna fumble the bag if she keep doing dummy things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:37

This girl has such an awful attitude.
Wtf girl has no humility. None. Fucking legend reach out to you and that's your response?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 23:23
One of her yes mam needs to get her. She's gonna fumble the bag if she keep doing dummy things.
Those Jamaican girls just gonna run faster while this bish burning bridges 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
wow that's ugly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
This is so nasty, that's not how an athlete acts. Even the most accomplished and the most arrogant of athletes have never stooped to this level. She seems unhinged tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Richardson isn’t running in the Diamond league? What the hell? I guess she’s busy being a meas on social media

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 04:08
Richardson isn’t running in the Diamond league? What the hell? I guess she’s busy being a meas on social media
She's still getting money and being coddle by US medias, why even trying? Just blame everything on anything but her nasty self.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 04:38
Guest wrote:
She's still getting money and being coddle by US medias, why even trying? Just blame everything on anything but her nasty self.
It’s such an important even though wth? I’m weirded out at how people are still defending her so hard. I understand when she messed out once but coming for Felix? The woman did nothing bad she was asked and just said she hopes she has support around her. She never claimed she contacted her or anything, then those xenophobic likes just cause Jamaïcains ran better..wtf? Nike needs to drop her ass but they’d never dare in fear of the Twitter mob of victimisation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 05:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It’s such an important even though wth? I’m weirded out at how people are still defending her so hard. I understand when she messed out once but coming for Felix? The woman did nothing bad she was asked and just said she hopes she has support around her. She never claimed she contacted her or anything, then those xenophobic likes just cause Jamaïcains ran better..wtf? Nike needs to drop her ass but they’d never dare in fear of the Twitter mob of victimisation.
I don't think I'd classify Diamond league as important lol. She's making more money than she would if she actually ran.

I hope she gets another humbling at World Champs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 07:53
Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 05:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't think I'd classify Diamond league as important lol. She's making more money than she would if she actually ran.

I hope she gets another humbling at World Champs.
Da don't you need minimum points to qualify for olympics/world champ level? I mean that's why athletes doing league all year round right? There's this 3x3 men's team just got caught falsifying their record to qualify for olympics.

BelCop

Post by BelCop »

Our Paralympic cyclist who just set a new world record and who was on his way to get the golden medal got disqualified by UCI…
Reason? He didn’t make enough contact with his saddle……..

The guy has one leg… one freakin’ leg!

UCI is rubbish…
WTF…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:mask:

Kxnxk
Reactions:

Post by Kxnxk »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 10:56

She seems so nice, like really wonderful, a breath of fresh air in my very queer life. Ah..I can only dream of meeting her one day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kxnxk wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 11:01
Guest wrote:

She seems so nice, like really wonderful, a breath of fresh air in my very queer life. Ah..I can only dream of meeting her one day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I think what is the most surprising thing to me is not her behaviour, but the support and the mental gymnastics people are going through to defend her. Sometimes you just gotta stop defending someone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BelCop wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 10:09
Our Paralympic cyclist who just set a new world record and who was on his way to get the golden medal got disqualified by UCI…

UCI is rubbish…
WTF…
OMG!!! I'm crazy busy with work today and rapidly saw something about it.
Is this the reason?
Are they for real?
Ewoud Vromant, you're gold in my heart! 💕🇧🇪

BelCop

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 12:35
BelCop wrote:

UCI is rubbish…
WTF…
Is this the reason?
Are they for real?
It was completely ridiculous…

It broke my heart when I saw de images…

Ewoud = held.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 11:29
Guest wrote:

I think what is the most surprising thing to me is not her behaviour, but the support and the mental gymnastics people are going through to defend her. Sometimes you just gotta stop defending someone.
I love homophobia from homosexuals :heart: It's so heartwarming :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BelCop wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 12:42
Guest wrote:
BelCop wrote:

UCI is rubbish…
WTF…
Is this the reason?
Are they for real?

Ewoud = held.
Holly hell.
As I said, I was super busy with work but I'm gonna shower him with love and support if he's on social media!
What the hell?
Eén super held ohne le moindre doute !

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Makes a change.

BelCop

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 16:01
BelCop wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 12:42
Guest wrote:
BelCop wrote:

UCI is rubbish…
WTF…
Is this the reason?
Are they for real?

Ewoud = held.
Holly hell.
As I said, I was super busy with work but I'm gonna shower him with love and support if he's on social media!
What the hell?
Eén super held ohne le moindre doute !
WoW in our three national languages…
I’m impressed 😇

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netball gang where u at :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 03:10
Don't start another commonwealth v world war :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They tryna bore the audience to death?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 06:58
Guest wrote:
It's for Brisbane

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSyXxA7LYxE/

One of my favourite paralympians ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Why do I have this feeling it's going to be cricket? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 10:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are you guys good at it? No point picking sports that you're not gonna medals. Aussie should've add more swimming since they're on the rise lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 11:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are you guys good at it? No point picking sports that you're not gonna medals. Aussie should've add more swimming since they're on the rise lol
I'm not an Aussie, but as far as I know, Aussies are very good at playing cricket, even professionally. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's bigger or more popular than netball. That's why I think it may be included in Brisbane 2032.

Australia is indeed the king of the pool right now. In the ongoing Paralympics, they captured several swimming golds on the first day alone. If I'm a budding Olympian, I would definitely get an Aussie coach and train in the waters down under.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 12:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm not an Aussie, but as far as I know, Aussies are very good at playing cricket, even professionally. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's bigger or more popular than netball. That's why I think it may be included in Brisbane 2032.

Australia is indeed the king of the pool right now. In the ongoing Paralympics, they captured several swimming golds on the first day alone. If I'm a budding Olympian, I would definitely get an Aussie coach and train in the waters down under.
I don't know anything about cricket but I thought India and UK are the ones good with cricket? It's not about more popular but about bringing the medals like Japan with softball and baseball.

I think USA is still king of the pool but not as dominate as before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 12:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't know anything about cricket but I thought India and UK are the ones good with cricket? It's not about more popular but about bringing the medals like Japan with softball and baseball.

I'm not familiar with cricket either, but apparently, it is Australia's favorite sport. The men's national team is one of the best in the world. If baseball is to Japan, then cricket is to Australia.

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral ... icket_team

Titmus fans would beg to disagree. :P

BelCop

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X10
We already had a netball discussion in this thread and well… netball is just boring …

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 13:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not familiar with cricket either, but apparently, it is Australia's favorite sport. The men's national team is one of the best in the world. If baseball is to Japan, then cricket is to Australia.

USA still have more medals and gold medals. And McKeon was the one carrying Aussie on her back with 7 medals not Titmus :P Idk why Titmus is the one hogging all the attention lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As a Pakistani, love cricket. Australia's very good, but as with all sports can go through ups and downs. England, India, and Australia currently are all very good, but there have been periods where the West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, have been good and competitive. Our team, Pakistan, is actually an inconsistent mess full of talented but undisciplined players so it's really a toss of the coin which version you'll get.

If they do the Twenty20 form of the game, which is the shortest and "fun" version, it could easily fit, but they may try for the one day version, each game which takes about 8 hours.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Waiting for her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 14:24
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 13:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

USA still have more medals and gold medals. And McKeon was the one carrying Aussie on her back with 7 medals not Titmus :P Idk why Titmus is the one hogging all the attention lol
Oops, my bad, I forgot about McKeon. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Gretchen Australia, stop trying to make netball happen. It's not going to happen.