23 Sep 2021, 11:56
Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 05:04
Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 04:17
Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 04:10
Umm hive she's moving to Florida 🐊 is this a good move? :nervous:
You'll know in 2024 if it pays off. She's going to train with a new coach, and will also serve as volunteer coach with the Gators.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbclos ... 841/%3famp
DA there's a world champ next year in Japan. She and titmus will meet again.
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot there's a FINA World Championships next year. The hive and the rivalry will be alive again.
That 14 years old from Canada and Chinese swimmers will be really good next year 👀
summer was doing really well in isl but now she's back to school lol btw how's our girl at college?

Reactions:

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2021

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 09:52
:heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 09:52
Well at least she's not using 'queer' lol. I like her. She's a good volleyball player and seems real fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ordered my commonwealth games tickets for next summer for the rugby 7s :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 20:44
nice, will they broadcast the games?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 00:44
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 20:44
nice, will they broadcast the games?
I expect so. In the UK most probably on BBC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Boxing - Lauren Price/Karriss Artingstall

Not sure if anyone posted this originally, but I wondered if these 2 were a couple during the games and it turns out they confirmed they're a couple and own a house together.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58140662

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 19:27

Not sure if anyone posted this originally, but I wondered if these 2 were a couple during the games and it turns out they confirmed they're a couple and own a house together.

Cute. Especially the blonde.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 19:32
Guest wrote:

It was pretty obvious they were together but nice they have confirmed it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 20:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Happy for them, wish them all the best.

The blonde is Lauren Price and she has a great story. She could have ended up in care as a baby, but thankfully her grandparents took care of her and took her in. She has excelled at a number a sports - won world championship silver medal in judo, switched to football and won 50 caps for Wales, then switched to boxing and won a string of medals and olympic gold. She supported herself by driving taxis on weekends. She determined and deserves all her success.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 22:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The blonde is Lauren Price and she has a great story. She could have ended up in care as a baby, but thankfully her grandparents took care of her and took her in. She has excelled at a number a sports - won world championship silver medal in judo, switched to football and won 50 caps for Wales, then switched to boxing and won a string of medals and olympic gold. She supported herself by driving taxis on weekends. She determined and deserves all her success.
Why? With olympic gold she could charge good money to be a private trainer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 23:47
Guest wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 22:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why? With olympic gold she could charge good money to be a private trainer.
Before she got into the British Olympic boxing programme.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was hoping someone from the New Zealand women's rugby team would've won this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 14:22

sa This one deserved it too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

You've got to be fucking joking! What an insult to real NZ women athletes.

I'm a huge fan of the Black Fern 7s team and cannot wait to watch them live at next years Commonwealth Games. Lisa Carrington most decorated NZ Female Olympian should have won this.

Do you know if this was voted for by NZ public or some sports body?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 14:50
Guest wrote:

I'm a huge fan of the Black Fern 7s team and cannot wait to watch them live at next years Commonwealth Games. Lisa Carrington most decorated NZ Female Olympian should have won this.

The award was given by a university in New Zealand.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/other-sport ... rs-hubbard

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 15:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA It's a shame this university couldn't recognise the amazing and deserving NZ female athletes in this twitter thread

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

lmao of course brave and stunning trans won this just for existing and did nothing. brave and stunning realness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what the actual frack? ignoring everything else, there were women who actually won olympic medals for new zealand. is that not significant???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 01:12
what the actual frack? ignoring everything else, there were women who actually won olympic medals for new zealand. is that not significant???
No, according to them cis women are not stunning and brave. Even Jacinda supports the stunning and brave Laurel :rofl:

NZ and Canada are clown countries :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

NZ women were great at the Tokyo Olympics and I hope their country gave them the love they deserved. There’s no reason to put Laurel Hubbard on a pedestal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 01:32
NZ women were great at the Tokyo Olympics and I hope their country gave them the love they deserved. There’s no reason to put Laurel Hubbard on a pedestal.
Are there any NZ athletes speaking out about this? They're probably afraid, I don't blame them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 15:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

^ From the link:
We could think of no-one more worthy of sportswoman of the year than Laurel Hubbard who represented Otago and New Zealand incredibly well at this year’s Tokyo Olympics.
So, either Hubbard graduated from that university or no one from that university watched the Olympics at all. Or both. 🤔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was going to ask if anyone here is planning or will go to Beijing for the Winter Olympics in February, but it turns out, it's only for the natives.

Beijing will open next year's Winter Olympics to fans -- but only if they live in China
Hong Kong(CNN)The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics will be open to spectators -- but only if they live in mainland China, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) said Wednesday, as organizers gave a first glimpse into the country's plans to hold the event while enforcing a strict zero-Covid strategy.

Under Covid-19 protocols unveiled by the IOC, the Games will be held in a bubble in the Chinese capital from February 4 to 20, as Beijing becomes the first city to host both the Summer and Winter Olympics.*

The bubble -- in place from January 23 until the end of the Winter Paralympics on March 13 -- will cover all stadiums and competition venues, as well as accommodation, catering, and the opening and closing ceremonies. It will also have its own transport system.

"Within the closed loop, participants will be allowed to move only between Games-related venues for training, competitions and work," the IOC said.

Athletes and other participants who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter the bubble without quarantine. Those who are not fully vaccinated, meanwhile, will have to spend 21 days in quarantine upon arrival.
*For Olympics trivia buffs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 03:30
Guest wrote:
Are there any NZ athletes speaking out about this? They're probably afraid, I don't blame them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 04:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
"I'm quite disappointed, quite disappointed for the female athlete who will lose out on that spot," Lambrechs, who won a bronze medal for New Zealand at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, told TVNZ.

"We're all about equality for women in sport but right now that equality is being taken away from us.

"I've had female weightlifters come up to me and say, 'what do we do? This isn’t fair, what do we do?'. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do because every time we voice it we get told to be quiet."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 05:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
"I'm quite disappointed, quite disappointed for the female athlete who will lose out on that spot," Lambrechs, who won a bronze medal for New Zealand at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, told TVNZ.

"We're all about equality for women in sport but right now that equality is being taken away from us.

"I've had female weightlifters come up to me and say, 'what do we do? This isn’t fair, what do we do?'. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do because every time we voice it we get told to be quiet."
And Jacinda supporting this kinda shit :unsure:
He's gonna do it again next year for Commonwealth Games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On the Laurel situation it makes me angry so I can only imagine how angry it makes women athletes. Them being told to be quiet is disgraceful but I understand why they are afraid to speak out, if they do they will have death threats and threats of rape and violence. I wonder if the women who speak out in support are genuinely supportive or just saying it to protect themselves. I think it is best if those who do not support her and the erasure of women stay quiet for their own safety rather than speak out in favour of it under pressure.

As for Jacinda Ardern I'm a huge fan. She has shown great leadership throughout the terrorist shooting crisis and the pandemic. Many tory supporters in my country (UK) or plague Island as it is also know attack her because they know full well that the way she has handled the pandemic has shown Boris Johnson up. On the transgender issue I'm disappointed in her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 07:27
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 05:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And Jacinda supporting this kinda shit :unsure:
He's gonna do it again next year for Commonwealth Games
It's truly deplorable... He didn't even need to win. All he had to do was show up, get his picture taken & not medal in order to prove that he belonged b/c he "didn't beat" the actual biological female athletes... just being there set a dangerous precedent. Disgusting.

BelCop
Reactions: 84

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 04:05
I was going to ask if anyone here is planning or will go to Beijing for the Winter Olympics in February, but it turns out, it's only for the natives.

Beijing will open next year's Winter Olympics to fans -- but only if they live in China
Hong Kong(CNN)The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics will be open to spectators -- but only if they live in mainland China, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) said Wednesday, as organizers gave a first glimpse into the country's plans to hold the event while enforcing a strict zero-Covid strategy.

Under Covid-19 protocols unveiled by the IOC, the Games will be held in a bubble in the Chinese capital from February 4 to 20, as Beijing becomes the first city to host both the Summer and Winter Olympics.*

The bubble -- in place from January 23 until the end of the Winter Paralympics on March 13 -- will cover all stadiums and competition venues, as well as accommodation, catering, and the opening and closing ceremonies. It will also have its own transport system.

"Within the closed loop, participants will be allowed to move only between Games-related venues for training, competitions and work," the IOC said.

Athletes and other participants who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter the bubble without quarantine. Those who are not fully vaccinated, meanwhile, will have to spend 21 days in quarantine upon arrival.
We are all going to Paris 😃🙃

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BelCop wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 10:18
Guest wrote:

Oh yeah? Okay, I'll join you guys. 😁

BelCop
Reactions: 84

Post by BelCop »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 12:22
BelCop wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 10:18
Guest wrote:

Oh yeah? Okay, I'll join you guys. 😁
Cool! They’re will be an L Chat village and everything… 🥳

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 10:16
:$

another straight swimmer to thirst lol never change lchat :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 10:13
On the Laurel situation it makes me angry so I can only imagine how angry it makes women athletes. Them being told to be quiet is disgraceful but I understand why they are afraid to speak out, if they do they will have death threats and threats of rape and violence. I wonder if the women who speak out in support are genuinely supportive or just saying it to protect themselves. I think it is best if those who do not support her and the erasure of women stay quiet for their own safety rather than speak out in favour of it under pressure.

As for Jacinda Ardern I'm a huge fan. She has shown great leadership throughout the terrorist shooting crisis and the pandemic. Many tory supporters in my country (UK) or plague Island as it is also know attack her because they know full well that the way she has handled the pandemic has shown Boris Johnson up. On the transgender issue I'm disappointed in her.
Honestly you should always be wary of the leaders who are painted too positively in the media. If you lived on this side of the world you'd probably end up despising her. She's a massive TRA, has basically bought off all the local media who now risk losing funding if they don't go along with government approved talking points. Not to mention that since the election her party has become emboldened to take on new projects that they never mentioned prior to the election. That's just a tip of the iceburg. A few more decades of this and NZ will be back to its the pre 1980s issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Modern pentathlon votes to ditch horse riding after Tokyo Olympic turmoil

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... ic-turmoil
Riding set to be replaced by cycling to preserve Olympic status
Sport in spotlight after German coach punched horse in Tokyo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 13:52

I signed a petition on this recently.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

That’s great it removes some of the randomness from the race. Though I wish they replaced it with something more interesting I find cycling really boring to watch. Maybe they can make some of the bicycles fast and some dodgy to keep the randomness in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 22:29
Guest wrote:

That’s great it removes some of the randomness from the race. Though I wish they replaced it with something more interesting I find cycling really boring to watch. Maybe they can make some of the bicycles fast and some dodgy to keep the randomness in.
Wtf lol this is not squid game 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How does our girl Sullivan do in college? Is she thriving?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i fucking cant

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 05:45
How does our girl Sullivan do in college? Is she thriving?
She's struggling a bit against UVA, but idk how swimming works in college? Because I think the ncaa natty is in 2022? Do they train the whole year like football or bball?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 05:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Come to think of it some of coaches or riders may attempt to sabotage the bicycles...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 11:37
Guest wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 05:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Come to think of it some of coaches or riders may attempt to sabotage the bicycles...
Already happened @ paralympics :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 20:08
omfg. just insane. :fool:

Reactions: