Tokyo Olympics 2021

Reactions:

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2021

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 05:30
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 04:24
I was reading about that NZ cyclist who killed herself because she qualified but didn't get pick for Olympic :'( she's still 24

NZ cycling team is toxic?
Yeah NZ is pretty shitty towards their female athletes. They would rather support that trans who's taking women's spot than give a damn about their female athletes well beings. Shame on them.

Olivia Podmore's death: Cyclist allegedly pressured to lie during Cycling NZ's Heron inquiry
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/olivia-po ... I7LCH5CXU/
• Heron was satisfied an "inappropriate personal relationship existed between the Coach and a female athlete". An "old boys' club" that prevented accountability for poor coach behaviour was also found.
Wow fuck them. I have suspicion that the NZ cycling is toxic but wow they really screwed her career and future. I hope Jacinda has the same amount of support for her like she did with Hubbard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 05:32
For the Ruby Tui fans in France and England
Thank you so much Anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 08:53
Guest wrote:
Thank you so much Anon.
Is this Black Ferns 15s or 7s?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 05:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was reading about that NZ cyclist who killed herself because she qualified but didn't get pick for Olympic :'( she's still 24

Yeah NZ is pretty shitty towards their female athletes. They would rather support that trans who's taking women's spot than give a damn about their female athletes well beings. Shame on them.

Olivia Podmore's death: Cyclist allegedly pressured to lie during Cycling NZ's Heron inquiry
• Heron was satisfied an "inappropriate personal relationship existed between the Coach and a female athlete". An "old boys' club" that prevented accountability for poor coach behaviour was also found.
Wow fuck them. I have suspicion that the NZ cycling is toxic but wow they really screwed her career and future. I hope Jacinda has the same amount of support for her like she did with Hubbard.
Don't hold your breath, they're blaming this on her mental health and depression rather than what caused her depression in the first place. So much on being progressive when they're still protecting good ol boys club

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No need to post all the videos here luv that's just borderline spamming

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:30
Don't worry, that's the last one. I just posted all the ones I'm interested in, hoping others would be interested, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Don't hold your breath, they're blaming this on her mental health and depression rather than what caused her depression in the first place. So much on being progressive when they're still protecting good ol boys club
didn't Victoria Pendleton have a relationship with her coach ...or was he her therapist? they married, later on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 04:00
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 03:35
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 02:19
Australian athletes finally out from their quarantine :dramaqueen: I hope they don't miss out endorsements since people already forget about Olympics
Titmus got ad for a major electronics store that was airing all through the olympics while Jess Fox had a small part in a Toyota ad at the same time. A few paralympians have ads too but Idk their names yet. I haven’t noticed anyone else but since a lot of the country is in lockdown they probably won’t get to film for a little while longer. In the past it’s usually swimmers who get ads.
From social media it looks like most aussie swimmers are from wealthy family or family of swimmers?
It's so hard to tell with Aussies but I'd suspect you're right that most swimmers would be from slightly higher than average incomes because for kids the best coaching and the best schools for swimming are inner-city and those are higher income areas. The swimmers really stand out in Australia and there are very few athletes from other sports that can match their universal popularity here.

I expect to see ads with Mckeon soon, perhaps even Mckweon and I'm mainly saying that because people found this moment was replayed a lot and people found it hilarious:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Australian athletes finally out from their quarantine :dramaqueen: I hope they don't miss out endorsements since people already forget about Olympics
Titmus got ad for a major electronics store that was airing all through the olympics while Jess Fox had a small part in a Toyota ad at the same time. A few paralympians have ads too but Idk their names yet. I haven’t noticed anyone else but since a lot of the country is in lockdown they probably won’t get to film for a little while longer. In the past it’s usually swimmers who get ads.
From social media it looks like most aussie swimmers are from wealthy family or family of swimmers?
It's so hard to tell with Aussies but I'd suspect you're right that most swimmers would be from slightly higher than average incomes because for kids the best coaching and the best schools for swimming are inner-city and those are higher income areas. The swimmers really stand out in Australia and there are very few athletes from other sports that can match their universal popularity here.

I expect to see ads with Mckeon soon, perhaps even Mckweon and I'm mainly saying that because people found this moment was replayed a lot and people found it hilarious:
Dammit I spelled her name wrong those two names were just too confusing :lol: Mckeown*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:33
Guest wrote:
Don't worry, that's the last one. I just posted all the ones I'm interested in, hoping others would be interested, too.
DA Thanks for posting, anon. Maybe next time they can be under a spoiler tag? They're kind of the point of the thread, I wouldn't want to see them stop

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 12:04
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dammit I spelled her name wrong those two names were just too confusing :lol: Mckeown*
Mckeown sister is also a former oly swimmer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:57
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

didn't Victoria Pendleton have a relationship with her coach ...or was he her therapist? they married, later on.
Sources close to and within Cycling NZ have told the Weekend Herald that they believe Podmore was forced to keep quiet about an inappropriate relationship between a Cycling NZ athlete and coach Anthony Peden in 2016.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 08:53
Guest wrote:
Thank you so much Anon.
Da wondering if this will ahead - England in November might be locked down and will JA want them to travel. I understand that they travelled to the Olympics but that was special and different to friendly warm ups. Today UK recorded 33,000 new cases of covid in just 1 day in August, wtf will it he like in November?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope she's doing well in college. Keep it balance and don't party too much kiddo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 00:40
I hope she's doing well in college. Keep it balance and don't party too much kiddo.
Gold in 2024? :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 13:36
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 11:33
Guest wrote:
DA Thanks for posting, anon. Maybe next time they can be under a spoiler tag? They're kind of the point of the thread, I wouldn't want to see them stop
Thanks for the reminder. I'll do that next time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:sadangel: I have a feeling that after the olympics there wasn't any interesting gossip for us(L), does anyone have that same feeling?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 20:14
:sadangel: I have a feeling that after the olympics there wasn't any interesting gossip for us(L), does anyone have that same feeling?
?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's the story behind this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 00:42
Russians being bad losers saying they were robbed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 00:52
Guest wrote:
Russians being bad losers saying they were robbed
😂 The nerve from roc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The Israeli winner dropped her ribbon but still won gold, the Russian did a perfect routine but she had a less difficulty routine because of her back injury, she lost to the Israeli girl by 0.150 pts

Then some drama happened during interviews from the russian side towards the judges
Add to it Belarus girl who won bronze saying they beat the system since the Russian twins kept on winning every competition ended up being unfollowed by the twins and you get a whole mess :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

didnt the roc win team gold in both men's and women's artistic gymnastics? :lol: i don't think everyone was just out to cheat the russians out of medals. (seems like you are more likely to be suspicious of that if it's something you try to do. like a whole figure skating scandal of russian and french judges colluding to feck over the canadians.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 03:23
Guest wrote:
The Israeli winner dropped her ribbon but still won gold, the Russian did a perfect routine but she had a less difficulty routine because of her back injury, she lost to the Israeli girl by 0.150 pts

Then some drama happened during interviews from the russian side towards the judges
Add to it Belarus girl who won bronze saying they beat the system since the Russian twins kept on winning every competition ended up being unfollowed by the twins and you get a whole mess :lol:
Lol idk that gymnasts are petty towards each other

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I figured it was something about Israel I was rooting for her but I also wondered if she lost it when she had the issue with the ribbon. ROC losing was historic and they all were pretty upset. Personally I think the real reason ROC didnt win was all the pressure on the last twin. She had to do her routine knowing how well Israel had done and knowing that her doing well meant her sister would miss out on a medal.

Rhythmic gymnastics judging is so complicated so it’s hard for me to guess but I doubt there was a mistake or bias.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 04:25
I figured it was something about Israel I was rooting for her but I also wondered if she lost it when she had the issue with the ribbon. ROC losing was historic and they all were pretty upset. Personally I think the real reason ROC didnt win was all the pressure on the last twin. She had to do her routine knowing how well Israel had done and knowing that her doing well meant her sister would miss out on a medal.

Rhythmic gymnastics judging is so complicated so it’s hard for me to guess but I doubt there was a mistake or bias.
Imo anything with judges still have room for bias, example : skateboard. Unlike athletic or swimming that pretty much straight forward.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Is she going to be part of her university’s swimming team?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 22:02
Guest wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 20:14
?
I meant there hasn't been any interesting gossip about wlw since the olympics ended

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 11:35
Guest wrote:
Probably? Do they have 1500m in ncaa?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 05:19
Guest wrote:

Imo anything with judges still have room for bias, example : skateboard. Unlike athletic or swimming that pretty much straight forward.
I meant if there was a bias in favour of ROC. Since ROC has won every Rhythmic gold since Sydney.

Also from what I've heard the I know the rules for how points are awarded for Rhytmic are less subjective than for Skateboarding but yeah you're right it's still pretty subjective.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 12:24
Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 05:19
Guest wrote:

I meant if there was a bias in favour of ROC. Since ROC has won every Rhythmic gold since Sydney.

Also from what I've heard the I know the rules for how points are awarded for Rhytmic are less subjective than for Skateboarding but yeah you're right it's still pretty subjective.
I mean if there was a bias you could argue that it would be more likely to be a bias for ROC*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It wasn't just the individual competition. The Russian team was leading a media propaganda the weeks prior to the team one too, saying how Bulgaria will win, because they're favoured by the judges. Bulgaria, in fact, won the gold medal, but it was because they were visibly much better than the Russian team that looked subpar compared to previous years and were lucky to even get the silver ahead of Italy.

So I suspect they spotted they had no chance for the gold just on performance merit and decided to use other tools that fortunately didn't work. If anything, it's been a discussion for decades in rhythmic gymnastics that Russia is favoured and the grading system is always adjusted to enhance the strong suits of the Russian gymnasts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 12:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't see her on their roster

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 23:15
Guest wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 12:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't see her on their roster
Hmm that's weird the whole point of going to college is to train and study for free

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All that hype, mental gymnastics and drama over Sha’carri and she finished ninth? People made it seem like she was Usain’s second coming and she was being robbed of a gold

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:05
All that hype, mental gymnastics and drama over Sha’carri and she finished ninth? People made it seem like she was Usain’s second coming and she was being robbed of a gold

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 00:47
What a year for Duffy! Winning Bermuda's first ever Olympic gold medal, and now winning the World Championships. 👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sha’carri has the absolute worst type of attitude an athlete can have, idk who is handling her but they needed to tell her to take a seat and calm down. There is no need for an athlete with no achievements and a scandal to have that much arrogance and attitude.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 03:05
That's really humiliating. Is it just all hype and nothing more?