US Women's Soccer Part XVII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Every coach/gm/owner in this league has a player that could tell you a story about them. Every one lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:00
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:23
Is Vlatko really going to have 4 38 year olds in the WC?
no, because Vlatko is done after victory tour
X2 he should be

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are some interesting responses or this question. Some comments that have been made here before as well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why did they waste these kits on the kids?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Every coach/gm/owner in this league has a player that could tell you a story about them. Every one lol
There has to be one clean coach surely

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:06
Guest wrote:
Depends on what your bar for clean is, but I've noticed woso generally attracts perverts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:05

Da They aren’t the real kits so I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Depends on what your bar for clean is, but I've noticed woso generally attracts perverts
well for a start not harassing or bullying them and not getting into a relationship with them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:11
Guest wrote:

Da They aren’t the real kits so I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter
I was trying to say I like the design and would have liked them for the senior team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
There are some interesting responses or this question. Some comments that have been made here before as well

This doesn’t seem like a fair question… not only is the WNBA been around like three times as long, but basketball is a way more popular sport in the US and they’re funded by the NBA.

The WNBA 16 years ago was an absolute mess with no coverage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:15
Guest wrote:

This doesn’t seem like a fair question… not only is the WNBA been around like three times as long, but basketball is a way more popular sport in the US and they’re funded by the NBA.

Da 16 years ago I was able to see several games in ESPN each year. NWSL does not have anything close to that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

It's not on the same level yet and there are numerous reasons for that. WNBA has backing and full support of NBA which is huge sport in US. WNBA has been around for 25 years NWSL only 10. Basketball is more popular sport in the US in comparison to soccer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Everyone responds to coaching differently so I OP is probably right, there will always be at least one player that thinks a coach has an unnecessary issue with them or said something really rude. da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da Right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da 16 years ago I was able to see several games in ESPN each year. NWSL does not have anything close to that.
For how far behind soccer is to basketball popularity wise, even having multiple games on CBS and then like 14 on CBSSN is pretty huge. Then also you have to take into account when people think about Women’s Soccer they think the USWNT which is incredibly popular and always having their matches televised.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not too convinced about macarios play today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Basketball is more inherently popular and well known in this country to begin with. Yes the WNBA is much older and has backing of the NBA to an extend…so there affects their marketing etc. There are people who don’t know we even have a national women’s league. It is just a lot more niche unless you grew up playing, had family members who did or were introduced to it by a friend etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:32
What position did she play?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:38
Guest wrote:
CF she subbed out in the second half

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:34
Basketball is more inherently popular and well known in this country to begin with. Yes the WNBA is much older and has backing of the NBA to an extend…so there affects their marketing etc. There are people who don’t know we even have a national women’s league. It is just a lot more niche unless you grew up playing, had family members who did or were introduced to it by a friend etc.
Huge benefit is the wnba league is backed up by players from nba, you can't say the same thing about nwsl. It would be great if teams who have a mls team did releasing of jerseys together and staff like that, but I cant see that happening anytime soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:42
Economics. He is not lying about the Twitch/Paramount thing when it comes to advertisers

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:45
Guest wrote:
Huge benefit is the wnba league is backed up by players from nba, you can't say the same thing about nwsl. It would be great if teams who have a mls team did releasing of jerseys together and staff like that, but I cant see that happening anytime soon.
DA I mean I’m sure La will try and forge some relationship with their local Mls teams and I think thorns/timber’s could be better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

X2 the barriers to watch the NWSL is frustrating for people who follow the league. Imagine casual viewers or people who aren’t as invested.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:45
Guest wrote:
It's not just on club level either. Basketball in general is operating more like one unit than US soccer. Take USA Basketball for example players have relationship with one another and there is a crossover. Vocal support from both sides. Soccer doesn't have that. And it also helps that Commissioner Adam Silver makes sure that WNBA is included and represented every chance he gets.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2 I don't understand how she's a sports writing in the US without knowing that basketball's more popular than soccer in the US

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:43
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:38
Guest wrote:
CF she subbed out in the second half
How did she play for those of us who didn’t watch?

I just think she is going to take a little longer to transition to translate into a good player at the pro level. The unrealistic expectations didn’t help

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 20:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2 I don't understand how she's a sports writing in the US without knowing that basketball's more popular than soccer in the US
A lot of woso reporters lack common sense in their reporting. She probably though her question was clever and would spark interesting debate when in reality answer and reasons for said answer are pretty obvious

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Alex signing with LA?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 20:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A lot of woso reporters lack common sense in their reporting. She probably though her question was clever and would spark interesting debate when in reality answer and reasons for said answer are pretty obvious
D She is also based/living in Portland…so I’m pretty sure her outlook is somewhat skewed. Portland is a special case when it comes to woso and it’s popularity and it thriving on a consistent basis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
well for a start not harassing or bullying them and not getting into a relationship with them
bribery

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 20:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

D She is also based/living in Portland…so I’m pretty sure her outlook is somewhat skewed. Portland is a special case when it comes to woso and it’s popularity and it thriving on a consistent basis.
Like I said lacking common sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sanchez was never in doubt if being unprotected. But this confirms it

Reactions:

Post by 2478899 »

Soccer just isn’t as popular in America as other sports probably will never will be. There a lot of reasons for why that is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 20:55

Option through 2025. Now they just gotta lock down Rodman too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 20:58
Guest wrote:

Option through 2025. Now they just gotta lock down Rodman too.
Da They already have Rodman signed to a 3 year deal. I would guess sometime next season they extend that. Those two are their future.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2478899 wrote:
Soccer just isn’t as popular in America as other sports probably will never will be. There a lot of reasons for why that is.
Exactly. There are lots of factors why it isn’t popular and probably never will be here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:18
I thought you liked Pinoe?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

NWSL needs to improve the production value of the games a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:23
Is Vlatko really going to have 4 38 year olds in the WC?
no, because Vlatko is done after victory tour
:fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:23
NWSL needs to improve the production value of the games a bit.
A bit? It could improve it a lot. This season it has been disappointing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So much new this week so just catching up. But in regards to Freya…was there much reaction especially from woso people about her appointment as coach. And not just the fact she is leaving Gotham. But like if she will be a good fit, coach style etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:22
This already got shared earlier

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:07
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:03
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 14:57
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 14:53
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 14:44

DA
Mia isn’t going to play for Louisville. I know someone who is friends with her and she said she’d go abroad if she didn’t get drafted by a west coast team.
Da It’s pretty obvious she wants to be in SD and I’m sure that’s who Jill is targeting with that pick.
DA I think Louisville is targeting Jaelin Howell with the pick they got from Angel City.
Didn't Jae mention last year that going abroad was an option.
Da Yeah she said it’s an option for her. I don’t think she would be against going abroad. Also she is from CO and goes to school in Tallahassee…I don’t know much about her personality but maybe she wouldn’t be opposed to LV? Not saying she wants to end up there…but I dunno.
Da. Can you post where she said it’s an option? I follow her pretty closely but don’t remember seeing that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 00:04
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:22
This already got shared earlier
:hmmm:

Is it Friday?

Reactions: