Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:49
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:47
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:41
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:37
Macario, Press, Heath, Foord, Kennedy. None wanted to play in Kentucky. Who will be added next? Tune in next draft to find out.
Maybe the league should block the formation of teams in undesirable locations. Most american woso players are from upscale communities on the coasts if we are being honest. It's going to be a consistent problem to get any player who thinks they have options to willingly go to Louisville or Kansas City
Most American WoSo players want to play in Portland and that’s it, so unless they’re going to have a league of 12 teams solely in Portland this makes no sense. da
da
You don’t think players want to play in California? :rofl:
Macario wants to be in Portland …Sophia Smith and Morgan Weaver wanted Portland…Horan wanted Portland

Reactions:

Re: US Women's Soccer Part XVII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:42
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:29
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:14
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:09
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:07

Da Yeah she said it’s an option for her. I don’t think she would be against going abroad. Also she is from CO and goes to school in Tallahassee…I don’t know much about her personality but maybe she wouldn’t be opposed to LV? Not saying she wants to end up there…but I dunno.
I don't think she would go only for that reason but hoping you get LA and then ending up with Louisville might also be a letdown lol.
When did she say she was hoping for LA? Can you link that article? da
She did an Instagram story when LA was announced captioned “What a dream 🤩”. Do any of you actually follow these players? :rofl:
LA has no pick and just cause she thought it was nice. Doesn’t mean they want her.
da
The convo was about hoping for LA and getting Louisville :rofl: .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Macario, Press, Heath, Foord, Kennedy. None wanted to play in Kentucky. Who will be added next? Tune in next draft to find out.
Maybe the league should block the formation of teams in undesirable locations. Most american woso players are from upscale communities on the coasts if we are being honest. It's going to be a consistent problem to get any player who thinks they have options to willingly go to Louisville or Kansas City
Most American WoSo players want to play in Portland and that’s it, so unless they’re going to have a league of 12 teams solely in Portland this makes no sense. da
da
Macario wants to be in Portland …Sophia Smith and Morgan Weaver wanted Portland…Horan wanted Portland
Before California teams came.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
I'm sure all of those players would be happy to go to LA too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't think she would go only for that reason but hoping you get LA and then ending up with Louisville might also be a letdown lol.
She did an Instagram story when LA was announced captioned “What a dream 🤩”. Do any of you actually follow these players? :rofl:
LA has no pick and just cause she thought it was nice. Doesn’t mean they want her.
da
DA Which was an assumption, at the time LA had a top pick and Howell said she was interested in potentially playing overseas. We don’t know what she wants to do, that’s the point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Does anyone have the screenshot of that? Otherwise Louisville anons call it assumption.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 15:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
DA Which was an assumption, at the time LA had a top pick and Howell said she was interested in potentially playing overseas. We don’t know what she wants to do, that’s the point.
okay goober

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
I think Angel City is going to become just as if not more desirable than portland. if players get free agency all of the good ones will be lining up there and portland. Angel City has the most money so they will become a superteam pretty quickly imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
We don’t know that now do we

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Can not make an assumption. It has been forbidden. da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Because they want to play in front of fans and they love the city as they’ve all stated… but the whole point that it has to be a “desirable” city doesn’t make sense. Teams aren’t struggling to field teams and players will always have preferences whether it’s to be on a winning team or being near family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Macario :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
kc should be disbanded and players sent to the new cali teams. so sad to watch a rudderless team lose each week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Players not wanting to play in Kentucky unless they’re from the Midwest is the easiest assumption to make. It’ll be correct 90% of the time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
kc should be disbanded and players sent to the new cali teams. so sad to watch a rudderless team lose each week.
Da I mean the quality of the field they are being forced to play on. Like wth

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Convo always ends up back about LA/Angel City. THIS is why that topic needs it own thread. Spare the rest of us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:01
Players not wanting to play in Kentucky unless they’re from the Midwest is the easiest assumption to make. It’ll be correct 90% of the time.
Hold up? You mean to say LA is more desirable destination and market for young 20s somethings to play and live? I’m shocked i tell you, shocked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Not only that, plenty of players from the midwest have no interest in returning unless it's, maybe, to chicago. There's this weird assumption people want to "go home". Like I'm from Indiana and I never plan on going back there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Not only that, plenty of players from the midwest have no interest in returning unless it's, maybe, to chicago. There's this weird assumption people want to "go home". Like I'm from Indiana and I never plan on going back there.
remember when people thought rose wanted to play in louisville just because she's from ohio :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hold up? You mean to say LA is more desirable destination and market for young 20s somethings to play and live? I’m shocked i tell you, shocked
That being said, if you want to be a professional soccer player there are other important considerations than the city with the best nightlife. For instance, facilities, playing time, the team that will best help you develop to compete for a spot on the national team... That's not always going to be in a "fun" city.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
remember when people thought rose wanted to play in louisville just because she's from ohio :rofl:
Da :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol Most players do want to play in their homestate. Thats literally what most of the NTers wanted to go over the years. Look at that first allocation list lmao everyone wanted to go where they were from/had ties too in the area etc..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That being said, if you want to be a professional soccer player there are other important considerations than the city with the best nightlife. For instance, facilities, playing time, the team that will best help you develop to compete for a spot on the national team... That's not always going to be in a "fun" city.
Girl it’s not just woso why do you think American sports teams cling to draft and hate free agency? All these big desirable free agents want to go to big marker teams. That’s why NBA will pay absurd money to superstars to if they resign on their supermax deals as oppose to go to different team. and yeah facilities are important and winning culture and that whole thing but location matters to and people are deluding themselves if they believe otherwise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:15
lol Most players do want to play in their homestate. Thats literally what most of the NTers wanted to go over the years. Look at that first allocation list lmao everyone wanted to go where they were from/had ties too in the area etc..
Lol it was talked about everyone wanted to go to Portland. 🤣 it was on everyone list

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sigh lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
No they don't. Abby did not want to play for the WNY flash lmao she literally retired from club play rather than play there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:22
Guest wrote:
Lol it was talked about everyone wanted to go to Portland. 🤣 it was on everyone list
Most players want to play wherever their SO are. That’s why Dunn, Lloyd, and KO pushed so much for their trade da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean that’s like saying Dunn wants to play for Gotham cause she is from NY or same for Heath and the list goes on and on.

I think if your hometown has a team and it’s pretty good and somewhere you don’t mind being for a while/settling down…sure that’s desirable. That’s the case in all other leagues too. Sometimes you comes from a city with shitty sports teams…doesn’t mean you want you always want play there, just because it is home.

Portland is full of players who aren’t from there and they want to be there mostly because they win and atmosphere.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:03
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da I mean the quality of the field they are being forced to play on. Like wth
Quality of fields is an issue for multiple teams tbh …da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Most players want to play wherever their SO are. That’s why Dunn, Lloyd, and KO pushed so much for their trade da
Yeah near the end of your career some players do like to settle down, luckily for them they ended up on good teams so they can enjoy their last few seasons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:27
Guest wrote:
No they don't. Abby did not want to play for the WNY flash lmao she literally retired from club play rather than play there.
Abby didn't want to play anywhere. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I personally am still annoyed at the fact that Portland play on turf

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:25
Sigh lol
X100000

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:35
And no one complains :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No it wasn't on "everyones" list. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They tried to change it a few years back but I think the Mayor turned them down

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:29
I mean that’s like saying Dunn wants to play for Gotham cause she is from NY or same for Heath and the list goes on and on.

I think if your hometown has a team and it’s pretty good and somewhere you don’t mind being for a while/settling down…sure that’s desirable. That’s the case in all other leagues too. Sometimes you comes from a city with shitty sports teams…doesn’t mean you want you always want play there, just because it is home.

Portland is full of players who aren’t from there and they want to be there mostly because they win and atmosphere.
What win?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:46
Guest wrote:
DA. I want to say it was an environmental issue with like drainage? Not certain though. But there was a reason that wasn't just that the city/government didn't want to

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 17:41
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:46
Guest wrote:
DA. I want to say it was an environmental issue with like drainage? Not certain though. But there was a reason that wasn't just that the city/government didn't want to
Da I believe there is a stream that runs under the stadium that makes it challenging.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you think that certain players have kept quiet for years about a certain manager and their unethical practices? :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Vlatko really going to have 4 38 year olds in the WC?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:23
Let me consult my magic 8 ball that tells the future and get back to you on that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:33
Guest wrote:
Let me consult my magic 8 ball that tells the future and get back to you on that
DA Maybe Becky and that’s it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:13
Do you think that certain players have kept quiet for years about a certain manager and their unethical practices? :spy:
Yes, probably more than 1 manager/GM .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You’ve gotta be more specific about the manager when that’s the rule and not the exception in this league

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:44
Guest wrote:
Yes, probably more than 1 manager/GM .
Definitely 😂 I'm sure every NWSL player can tell you horror story about any given GM/Coach in this league

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:46
Guest wrote:
You’ve gotta be more specific about the manager when that’s the rule and not the exception in this league
I’m not talking about the East Coast although I’m sure there have been issues in those clubs as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Of course.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:49
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:46
Guest wrote:
I’m not talking about the East Coast although I’m sure there have been issues in those clubs as well.
Let's see west coast teams with issues: Utah ✅ Portland ✅ (Paulson is too messy for there not to be) Reign ✅ Houston ✅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
no, because Vlatko is done after victory tour