Emi088
Reactions: 6

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

Post by Emi088 »

Great article! I'm happy for her, it should take a weight off her shoulders. ❤️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So happy for her. I like how the article didn't really focus on the coming out part, but it was a part of everything else discussed.

Honestly one of the reasons why I love women's hockey so much, other than the obviously thrilling sport and skill of the players, is the disproportionate number of wlw in the teams and general acceptance of everyone in the community including the fans. As a closeted person in an Asian country with "traditional values", it gives me hope.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MockOrange wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 20:03
CANAM wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 23:15
Emi088 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 18:53
Guest wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 10:18

So on the left of saulnier is emard, Who's on her right?
Knox - Saulnier - Emard

Anyone else just develop big feelings for Saulnier? Not to sound creepy, but she is now my imaginary wife.
Imaginary wife, certainly not. But boy, she's gorgeous and super funny and she seem like such a caring and genuine person. She also totally rock both feminine and more masculine looks (while been super natural. make-up is most of the time a huge turn off on me) which is something I like a lot. And on the top of that, her dog is adorable. Her girlfriend is a lucky lady!
Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 12:39
Hilary is on ESPN for the NHL intermission report. She’s doing absolutely great 👍🏻 Where could I find the whole video tho🤔
Maybe try to download a VPN like NordVPN or ExpressVPN. I usually use this kind of stuff when I go on the darknet. Basically it hides your IP address, and shield your online data from third parties and allow you to access networks where your current location is not available.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that you could access ESPN network and watch this show without any subscription. I could try to see if it works but honestly watch her eating sandwiches with some dudes who act like teenages boys is not the most entertaining show ever. Specially when one of them is John Buccigross who has been accused of sexual harassment toward one of his female co-workers. What better way to promote women than become buddy with this kind of guy... Yikes!

I've been so disappointed by her behavior from these last days. I went from a huge crush on her to "why is she doing this??" like come on... Between Buccigross, the NFT (another yikes) and her TikTok where she mostly behaves like a teenager and doesn't mind to tease/have underage girls flirting with her when she's a grown up woman of almost 33 years old (not 15), it's just gross! I always found TikTok trash and after I saw this my opinion has not improved.

She can’t help who flirts with her you weirdo, how can you blame girls flirting with her on her? If she hurt their feelings then you would be on here saying she was mean. She can’t win either way.

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Please, whoever posted the name of her girlfriend, don't do it again. If I refused to give and the link of her IG it was for a good reason. Hilary deserves to have her private life. If I gave some clues about her it was to give some context to the situation and nothing else.
Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 05:25

She can’t help who flirts with her you weirdo, how can you blame girls flirting with her on her? If she hurt their feelings then you would be on here saying she was mean. She can’t win either way.
Reaux wrote:
27 May 2022, 05:32

As long as she’s not flirting back then what’s the issue? She supposed to be a bitch and hurt those girls?
Oh i'm totally agree with it. It's just TikTok is a social network with a rather young audience and when I checked the accounts of few people who commented on her videos, the majority were rather young, like underage girls (stated in their bio that they were 15-17 years old) and this is what disturbed me. If it was me, the situation would make me feel very uneasy and I would do my best not to trigger this kind of answer ever again. After maybe I just picked up the wrong people, which is a possibility. I rechecked once more some time later and the people who commented seem older this time. It's also possible that Hilary never checks the accounts of people commenting on her and had no idea about how old they are and so I was irritated for no good reason.

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

MockOrange, I love everything you said in your last 4 posts, thank you! It pretty much sums up everything I think on the subject, with a better English than mine lol.

For those who would like to continue pouring out their hate, you can go elsewhere. No need to bring that here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Knight finally comes out and it's post after post of this bullshit here? I thought I'd never see her acknowledge it and instead of celebrating and dissecting every gay moment she's had, y'all harp on a passing comment. I thought this was a thread about and for lesbians not bickering about trans stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I understand deleting comments if someone brings up trans debate out of nowhere but it was discussed in the article. So why can't we talk about it? Knight said she isn't interested in the same path Rapinoe has chosen, so why do we have to read about her views in an article which should focus on Knight? LGBT people are individuals, not a hivemind. No wonder this forum is dying when you delete everything which could spark a good, active conversation. But it's fine when someone drops a name of a private person?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2022, 07:43
I understand deleting comments if someone brings up trans debate out of nowhere but it was discussed in the article. So why can't we talk about it? Knight said she isn't interested in the same path Rapinoe has chosen, so why do we have to read about her views in an article which should focus on Knight? LGBT people are individuals, not a hivemind. No wonder this forum is dying when you delete everything which could spark a good, active conversation. But it's fine when someone drops a name of a private person?
x2

handmaidens
Reactions:

Post by handmaidens »

Meg Linehamand Megan Rapinoe throw women athletes under the bus
" The growing creep of using women’s sports as a shield to attack trans people is on both our minds. “

https://archive.ph/en5zO
when people critised this everything critical was deleted
only the handmaidens seemed to be allowed here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It's the same thing over and over again. The admins have this nonsensical rule that you can't discuss trans anywhere except in the transsexuals thread. The admins and mods are so fucking dumb that they can't see that sometimes it's okay to talk about trans because the thread is about people who talk about it in real life, or a show that has some of that shit in it. In that case it is on topic but the admins and mods are to thick to understand that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Megan Rapinoe is an insane, craven opportunist, getting far too much mileage out kicking a few clutch PK's. I'm sure she harbours political aspirations. Terrible, cringey cameo on GenKW. Lowest of the low to use someone else's coming out to push her agenda. So fucking vulgar.

Kudos to Knighter.

No males in women's sport. Of course this will get deleted. The same happened in the volleyball thread when there was talk of a Brazilian TIM making the Olympic team.

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

The thing is.. No one wants a debate about this on this thread. Just a few guest who probably never comment otherwise. If you want to talk shit about Rapinoe (because its the only thing you're doing anyway), just go on a soccer thread.

About Knight, I'm very proud of her! Same for Pou, with Stacey! They are so cute together ❤️
1 Image
Last edited by Emi088 on 29 May 2022, 04:41, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
X1000000 👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
28 May 2022, 14:40
The thing is.. No one wants a debate about this on this thread. Just a few guest who probably never comment otherwise. If you want to talk shit about Rapinoe (because its the only thing you're doing anyway), just go on a soccer thread.

About Knight, I'm very proud of her! Same for Pour, with Stacey! They are so cute together ❤️
:clap:

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Emi088 wrote:

About Knight, I'm very proud of her! Same for Pour, with Stacey! They are so cute together ❤️

Guest wrote:

Indeed. Some people just understand what they want to understand and trying to argue with them is just wasting time, more particularly when they start a conversation by being disrespectful. Being against the inclusion of trans women in women's sport is one thing. Using it as an excuse to spew transphobia is another.

After, it's true that publishing Rapinoe's opinion on Hilary's coming out could be seen as a bit off, more particularly since, as far as I know, Hilary never voiced any love toward the LGBTQ community. Thinking of it, it's kind of ironic because she wants to share her story to inspire people, but in same time, she doesn't give the feeling that she cares about it. Then yes, she was publicly in, but you don't have to be out to support the LGBTQ movements. Plenty of straight people do it all the time.
I guess, It's probably why Rapinoe is the one who did it. Publishing a coming out story to inspire people without even acknowledge the rest of the LGBTQ community probably didn't seem that great to Linehan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think it’s super telling that HK’s dad hasn’t posted The Athletic article here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hknight/?ref=share

And that her mom hasn’t shared it on her FB either. (Strangely enough, all of her FB posts are public.)

I would bet money they’re a big reason why she waited so long to come out. It’s a shame they’re like that 😞😞

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MockOrange. wrote:
29 May 2022, 01:53
Emi088 wrote:

Guest wrote:

Indeed. Some people just understand what they want to understand and trying to argue with them is just wasting time, more particularly when they start a conversation by being disrespectful. Being against the inclusion of trans women in women's sport is one thing. Using it as an excuse to spew transphobia is another.

After, it's true that publishing Rapinoe's opinion on Hilary's coming out could be seen as a bit off, more particularly since, as far as I know, Hilary never voiced any love toward the LGBTQ community. Thinking of it, it's kind of ironic because she wants to share her story to inspire people, but in same time, she doesn't give the feeling that she cares about it. Then yes, she was publicly in, but you don't have to be out to support the LGBTQ movements. Plenty of straight people do it all the time.
I guess, It's probably why Rapinoe is the one who did it. Publishing a coming out story to inspire people without even acknowledge the rest of the LGBTQ community probably didn't seem that great to Linehan.
I think she cares a lot about the LGBT community, I think she is scared. She's practically the face of Women's Hockey and she's traditionally pretty. She's used to being forced to appeal to men to sell women's hockey. It sucks but she is in a delicate position with how outwardly obviously gay she can be. She's not exactly hiding but she is not shouting from any rooftop and I can understand, especially if her family isn't exactly okay with and wants it to be secret.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2022, 14:48
MockOrange. wrote:
Emi088 wrote:

Guest wrote:

I think she cares a lot about the LGBT community, I think she is scared. She's practically the face of Women's Hockey and she's traditionally pretty. She's used to being forced to appeal to men to sell women's hockey. It sucks but she is in a delicate position with how outwardly obviously gay she can be. She's not exactly hiding but she is not shouting from any rooftop and I can understand, especially if her family isn't exactly okay with and wants it to be secret.
Not everyone wants to be a poster girl of a "community" who hates lesbians with all their heart.

DykeMirai
Reactions: 18

Post by DykeMirai »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2022, 15:21
Guest wrote:
MockOrange. wrote:
Emi088 wrote:

Guest wrote:

Not everyone wants to be a poster girl of a "community" who hates lesbians with all their heart.
I like lesbians in sports because they tend to mostly be not as hyperfocused on the weird af LGBTQ community of today. I'm glad HK is keeping things simple now. She loves women and hockey and that's dope. She really helped me get into ice hockey in college which has brought so much positivity to my life!! :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DykeMirai wrote:
29 May 2022, 15:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
MockOrange. wrote:
Emi088 wrote:

Guest wrote:

I like lesbians in sports because they tend to mostly be not as hyperfocused on the weird af LGBTQ community of today. I'm glad HK is keeping things simple now. She loves women and hockey and that's dope. She really helped me get into ice hockey in college which has brought so much positivity to my life!! :heart:
Are you sure because I got the impression that they're the ones who push it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
MockOrange. wrote:
Emi088 wrote:

Guest wrote:

x2

Also, you should let people just exist as lesbians and bisexual women without pressuring them to be an inspiration for someone else just because they're different or marginalized. I don't post any Pride related stuff either but I understand Knight is in a different position because she's an influencer but if you expect gay celebrities to loudly support LGBTQ+ movements, they might hesitate whether it's wise to come out even more.

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Guest wrote:

One doesn't exclude the other? and you don't necessary need to be loud to show that you care about a community. she follows other lesbian athletes that she probably know in real life, but beside that there is not much LBGTQ content related to her, even in the stuff she likes/follow on internet.

After, not everybody have to be part of a community, and that's totally fine. And being a lesbian doesn't have to define your personality and interests. Life would be so boring if everybody was the same.

I was just pointing out the fact that trying to inspire people from a community while ignoring this same community is maybe not the best and could be the reason of why Linehan felt the need to include Rapinoe in the conversation.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong about the whole thing. I absolutely don't know Linehan and barely know anything about Rapinoe, so your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know Knight was worried about her image and what people might say or do, but I feel like the only thing I've seen is that article with the paywall. I feel like the tidal wave she was expecting was a small splash. Maybe she'll be more out now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2022, 20:18
I know Knight was worried about her image and what people might say or do, but I feel like the only thing I've seen is that article with the paywall. I feel like the tidal wave she was expecting was a small splash. Maybe she'll be more out now.
The paywall probably didn't help, but clearly she trusted Meg to share her story with care. I think most people, minus some clueless cis men, were like...yeah girl, we know, we've seen the backwards hats for a decade+ and we still love you just the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2022, 20:23
Guest wrote:
The paywall probably didn't help, but clearly she trusted Meg to share her story with care. I think most people, minus some clueless cis men, were like...yeah girl, we know, we've seen the backwards hats for a decade+ and we still love you just the same.
:fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2022, 20:23
Guest wrote:
It was sort of a glass closet but I really thought she'd wait until she retired then marry a CANWNT member. :lol: Glad for her though.

MCB
Reactions: 56

Post by MCB »

:heart: Love this from Clarky

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MCB wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 14:18

She is hot :wub: is she dating anyone?

MCB

Post by MCB »

Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 14:22
MCB wrote:
hmm, not that I know of. But she was vacationing in a tropical island after Olympics, for sure not alone, but never tag or mention anyone. So, who knows ;)

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Seriously what is wrong with you? Are you that stupid or what?
Sorry for being aggressive but could you please stop with your stalking. First her home, then her parents, now her girlfriend. It's very unhealthy!

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

or at least watch but don't post it publicly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MCB wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 19:15
Guest wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 14:22
MCB wrote:
hmm, not that I know of. But she was vacationing in a tropical island after Olympics, for sure not alone, but never tag or mention anyone. So, who knows ;)
Ugh, my heart. I was always hopeful for Clarky to join the team. And while we are also discussing HK, I thought it was funny when she did this duet to Clarky's post. Maybe trying to shoot her shot back in the day. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNRdS269/ :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MockOrange. wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 23:00
Seriously what is wrong with you? Are you that stupid or what?
Sorry for being aggressive but could you please stop with your stalking. First her home, then her parents, now her girlfriend. It's very unhealthy!
I mean, technically you spilled the beans first...

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 15:30
[/quote]

One bean, not the whole bag!

We're both lesbians, we are around the same age, I know Blaine County, I find hockey pretty cool, she's gorgeous, and I was newly single when I started to follow her on IG. So yes, I check the stuff she followed/liked on twitter and IG to know more about her personality and see if we were compatible or not.

I never stalked or shared any information about her family or home. The only thing I said was that she might currently live in Beverly Hills' area. I know LA and Santa Monica pretty well and the architecture reminds me this area. Thinking about it, I realize that I'm probably wrong since then her pictures would be geotagged in BH and not LA. Even on this you can't rely on me to give you the correct answer.

If I mentioned that she has a girlfriend, it was because of what I said in my previous message, and to make it clear that I had absolutely no idea of who she was when I wrote it. The whole situation was very upsetting for me and I handled it very poorly, but I don't think this is a reason to justify stalking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MockOrange. wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 01:11
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 15:30
One bean, not the whole bag!

We're both lesbians, we are around the same age, I know Blaine County, I find hockey pretty cool, she's gorgeous, and I was newly single when I started to follow her on IG. So yes, I check the stuff she followed/liked on twitter and IG to know more about her personality and see if we were compatible or not.

I never stalked or shared any information about her family or home. The only thing I said was that she might currently live in Beverly Hills' area. I know LA and Santa Monica pretty well and the architecture reminds me this area. Thinking about it, I realize that I'm probably wrong since then her pictures would be geotagged in BH and not LA. Even on this you can't rely on me to give you the correct answer.

If I mentioned that she has a girlfriend, it was because of what I said in my previous message, and to make it clear that I had absolutely no idea of who she was when I wrote it. The whole situation was very upsetting for me and I handled it very poorly, but I don't think this is a reason to justify stalking.
[/quote]

Stalking means something pretty specific — namely doing things that scare the victim and following them around in person. Tracking down publicly available information online about a public figure isn’t stalking. Sorry :nails:

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

You perfectly understand what I meant.

The facebook account of her parents is not stalking? I suppose that you are aware that facebook changed its policy of privacy many times over the years and stuff like profile pictures were turned into "public" by default.
Do her mother even know her posts are public? I'm not sure about this.
A lot of people, especially the ones in their 50's and more, have seen their private lives shared publicly without even knowing, and sometimes for years. Yet you feel the right to abuse this and share the informations you got from it on a public forum because their daughter plays in a national team and does a bit of TV.

Saying that her home is on AirBnB is not stalking? were you planning a trip to Sun Valley and accidentally stumbled upon it? How are your holidays then?

Do you really think that posting the name of her girlfriend or her accounts on different social medias is not a douche move? Why do you think your link has been deleted the first time?

Do you think that all these things put together look healthy to you?

Go away
Reactions:

Post by Go away »

MockOrange. wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 14:13
You perfectly understand what I meant.

The facebook account of her parents is not stalking? I suppose that you are aware that facebook changed its policy of privacy many times over the years and stuff like profile pictures were turned into "public" by default.
Do her mother even know her posts are public? I'm not sure about this.
A lot of people, especially the ones in their 50's and more, have seen their private lives shared publicly without even knowing, and sometimes for years. Yet you feel the right to abuse this and share the informations you got from it on a public forum because their daughter plays in a national team and does a bit of TV.

Saying that her home is on AirBnB is not stalking? were you planning a trip to Sun Valley and accidentally stumbled upon it? How are your holidays then?

Do you really think that posting the name of her girlfriend or her accounts on different social medias is not a douche move? Why do you think your link has been deleted the first time?

Do you think that all these things put together look healthy to you?
Not sure if you know how lchat works, but anyone who is an anon without an account typically uses “Guest” as their username for posts. It’s not all one person.

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

Yes, I perfectly know that, but in same time, I seriously doubt that they are so many different people who want to dig into her private life, and this kind of post receive basically no answer. This thread is dying. It's not like there were dozen of people excited to know more about where she lives or her family. Even our "conversation" about the inclusion of trans women in women's sports got more reactions than that...
After you might be right. It could be different people, but in my opinion these posts come from the same person.
my apologies if I was wrong.

MockOrange.
Reactions:

Post by MockOrange. »

I still think this kind of posts are toxic. But like you say, this is the L chat. This place is reputed to be a complet cesspool...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

4th photo! Cute

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 18:34

4th photo! Cute
That's really cute 🥰 She must feel so good since she came out!

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Congrats to Poulin for her job with the Montreal Canadiens! This is big news!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6479978

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 20:50
Guest wrote:

4th photo! Cute
That’s really cute 🥰 She must feel so good since she came out!
What was it? It’s gone

MCB

Post by MCB »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 04:15
Emi088 wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 20:50
Guest wrote:
4th photo! Cute
That’s really cute 🥰 She must feel so good since she came out!
What was it? It’s gone
DA. No idea what happened, but it is this post:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

HK’s segments on ESPN — :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It was nice to have PWHPA Secret Dream Gap Tour hosted in Truro N.S, but it was very disappointing that Jill Saulnier and Blayre Turnbull did not participated in PWHPA S.D.G.T. in Nova Scotia and they're Nova Scotian, right? It would have completely taken the edge off from a cancellation and relocation of 2021 Women's World Championship. Why Jill and Blayre didn't participate in Nova Scotia back in Nov when they had the chance to play in their home province? 😢

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 14:08
It was nice to have PWHPA Secret Dream Gap Tour hosted in Truro N.S, but it was very disappointing that Jill Saulnier and Blayre Turnbull did not participated in PWHPA S.D.G.T. in Nova Scotia and they're Nova Scotian, right? It would have completely taken the edge off from a cancellation and relocation of 2021 Women's World Championship. Why Jill and Blayre didn't participate in Nova Scotia back in Nov when they had the chance to play in their home province? 😢
I would imagine they were busy preparing for the Winter Olympics and that none of the national team players were participating in PWHPA games.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pretty sure Sam & Karrell are dating!

Sam’s mom tagged them in this: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChDWPryl ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Arty0
Reactions:

Post by Arty0 »

Guest wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 01:56
Guest wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 14:08
I would imagine they were busy preparing for the Winter Olympics and that none of the national team players were participating in PWHPA games.
Most people were not interested in Winter Olympics. I noticed that Beijing women hockey viewership was not the same as Pyeongchang women's hockey viewership. It was declined almost in half so 2018 women's hockey gold was 4.8 million views and 2022 women's hockey gold was 2.7 million viewers in Canada.

Well Saulnier and Turnbull had a choice. They choose Olympic over playing in Nova Scotia of S.D.G.P. because Olympic benefits Saulnier and Turnbull way more than wanting to play in their home province and look at them now. They're Olympic Gold Medalist and that's all they ever care about. They don't care if the fans don't watch the Olympics and Olympics doesn't interest people. That's the bottom line. They're love way more Olympic Gold Medal than choosing to let go and play in their home province for PWHPA after this whole talks about wanting to play in hometown and homeprovince and blah blah blah. So, they sold their souls for Olympic Gold.
[/quote]

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

anyone know why Daoust is not on the roster?
:tinfoil: