Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

Post Reply
Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2901

Post by Guest »

Wow Canada massacred Switzerland. 12-1?!?! 70 vs 15 shots on goal.

User avatar
stellavander
Member
Reactions: 1
Posts: 55
Joined: 07 May 2019, 10:21

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2902

Post by stellavander »

I don't know the name of that move that the Finnish player put on Decker, but it looked like it was designed to intentionally cause someone to get injured.

Update: someone on Twitter called that move a "slew foot".

MCB
Member
Reactions: 56
Posts: 440
Joined: 09 Jun 2020, 11:56

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2903

Post by MCB »

sigh, I am sad Decker is out early :( I hope Melo is fine though. Haven't heard more from Hockey Canada.

Also, Carson Duggan tweeting her support for Decker. I guess they are fine now.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2904

Post by Guest »

stellavander wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 15:23
You never know what happens in a marriage ... but if Melo has sole custody, then things probably did not end in the most amicable way. We all hope that their son is getting the love and care that he needs during these times.
Years ago I remember going through her twitter and she didn't seem like the most stable person. But it could have been a translation issue. It must be bad though because she's the one who carried the baby for the other mom to have him?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2905

Post by Guest »

Very, very strange, if true. Emilie C. was just hired by the Vancouver Canucks to be an assistant GM so she's in a stable situation.

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2906

Post by Emi088 »

MCB wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 16:43
sigh, I am sad Decker is out early :( I hope Melo is fine though. Haven't heard more from Hockey Canada.

Also, Carson Duggan tweeting her support for Decker. I guess they are fine now.
Damn, I'm really sad too :( Even though I'm Canadian, Decker is my favorite American player. It's really sad that 4 years of effort ends like this :(

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2907

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 17:47
stellavander wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 15:23
You never know what happens in a marriage ... but if Melo has sole custody, then things probably did not end in the most amicable way. We all hope that their son is getting the love and care that he needs during these times.
Years ago I remember going through her twitter and she didn't seem like the most stable person. But it could have been a translation issue. It must be bad though because she's the one who carried the baby for the other mom to have him?
Daoust doesn't have full custody of her son, you can stop speculating about her ex's condition

User avatar
dadou
Moderator
Reactions: 261
Posts: 2269
Joined: 06 Jan 2019, 04:39

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2908

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 17:47
stellavander wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 15:23
You never know what happens in a marriage ... but if Melo has sole custody, then things probably did not end in the most amicable way. We all hope that their son is getting the love and care that he needs during these times.
Years ago I remember going through her twitter and she didn't seem like the most stable person. But it could have been a translation issue. It must be bad though because she's the one who carried the baby for the other mom to have him?

This is the second time I see someone mention that because Melo ex wife caried the baby she should make a better mom and it bothers me .It doesnt matter who carries the baby , they had the baby together and Melo is fully his mom too , its not because someone carries a child that they make a better parent . In Quebec if a lesbian couple is married then both parents are legally the child parents ,its different for gay men but im not go into details abotu that since its OT . And even if Quebec wouldnt have recognised Melo as a legal parent I am sure she would have adopted him after birth .
:tinfoil:

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2909

Post by Guest »

The question is why did she give up custody of her child, if she did.

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2910

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 23:04
The question is why did she give up custody of her child, if she did.
The first question is why do you think she did? For me it is total nonsense to discuss this. Obviously Bunton is not with Daoust's son.

Vbbo
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2911

Post by Vbbo »

Wtf are you guys talking about? Daoust's son live in Qc with Daoust's ex. He visited them in Calgary like a week or so and then they went to a cabin with him during the holidays. Other then that he's been with his other mom all the time, for months now, because of the centralization. I don't get why people are spreading shit about her baby's mama being instable when you obviously have no idea. Bunton posted a video of her talkong to Melo's son on facetime, HE IS NOT WITH HER. I mean, you have to be blind to not notice Bunton and Daoust are posting over and over pics from the same 2 weeks for months now.

And to the last person talking about Castonguay being stable...not sure I understand how its linked to Daoust? She's not her ex, she's Charline Labonté's wife.
If you guys want to speculate, try to at least get better at stalking...

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2912

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 02:39
Anyone watched family feud canada with stacey, turnbull, nurse, pou and spooner? Emilie castonguay posted it last nov.
Anyone have a link to this?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2913

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have the Miracle a Sochi documentary still? It used to be on YouTube but I can't find it anymore.

MCB
Member
Reactions: 56
Posts: 440
Joined: 09 Jun 2020, 11:56

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2914

Post by MCB »

Emi088 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 22:38
MCB wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 16:43
sigh, I am sad Decker is out early :( I hope Melo is fine though. Haven't heard more from Hockey Canada.

Also, Carson Duggan tweeting her support for Decker. I guess they are fine now.
Damn, I'm really sad too :( Even though I'm Canadian, Decker is my favorite American player. It's really sad that 4 years of effort ends like this :(
True, these ladies have trained their best for the Olympics.

Despite what the other poster said, I don't think the Finish player did it out of malice. I still think that women's game is not that "dirty" and many of the elite players know each other well outside the game as it is still a small world. But still, it was a freak and very unfortunate accident for Decker.

on the other hand, I am ready to see Pou leading Team Canada in the Opening Ceremony today :wub:

MCB
Member
Reactions: 56
Posts: 440
Joined: 09 Jun 2020, 11:56

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2915

Post by MCB »

Also, I am happy to announce that I am very happy and satisfied with the quality of German commentators for the game. Yesterday, when they started to talk about the "Kessel Family", I was like oh boy, here we go. But the commentator was saying that he thinks that Amanda's work rate is better than Phil's...lol

No other family members' bs which I normally heard in the English commentator, they were talking more about the skills and the game itself. Also they mentioned a lot about what these ladies do to bring awareness with PWHPA and NWHL.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2916

Post by Guest »

MCB wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 16:43
sigh, I am sad Decker is out early :( I hope Melo is fine though. Haven't heard more from Hockey Canada.

Also, Carson Duggan tweeting her support for Decker. I guess they are fine now.
When Ryan was being interviewed before the game against Finland, he said they are assessing whether or not Melo is healthy enough to play game by game, but he definitely sounded optimistic that she will eventually return to the tournament. :heart:

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2917

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 03:04
Guest wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 02:39
Anyone watched family feud canada with stacey, turnbull, nurse, pou and spooner? Emilie castonguay posted it last nov.
Anyone have a link to this?
It’s on CBC Gem. Season 3, episode 55, Team Felicien vs Team Spooner. Probably can’t be viewed outside Canada without a VPN.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2918

Post by Guest »

What happened to Wakefield? She just disappeared.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2919

Post by Guest »

Is Hilary Knight gay?

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2920

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 14:57
Is Hilary Knight gay?
Of course!
1
1 Image

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2921

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 08:11
MCB wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 16:43
sigh, I am sad Decker is out early :( I hope Melo is fine though. Haven't heard more from Hockey Canada.

Also, Carson Duggan tweeting her support for Decker. I guess they are fine now.
When Ryan was being interviewed before the game against Finland, he said they are assessing whether or not Melo is healthy enough to play game by game, but he definitely sounded optimistic that she will eventually return to the tournament. :heart:
They showed Melo giving the girls high 5s at the intermission. She wasn't moving her other arm at all. Very doubtful she'll be good to go even with that many days until the final.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2922

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 07:05
Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 08:11
MCB wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 16:43
sigh, I am sad Decker is out early :( I hope Melo is fine though. Haven't heard more from Hockey Canada.

Also, Carson Duggan tweeting her support for Decker. I guess they are fine now.
When Ryan was being interviewed before the game against Finland, he said they are assessing whether or not Melo is healthy enough to play game by game, but he definitely sounded optimistic that she will eventually return to the tournament. :heart:
They showed Melo giving the girls high 5s at the intermission. She wasn't moving her other arm at all. Very doubtful she'll be good to go even with that many days until the final.
Yeah, that didn’t look good, but she was back in practice today. They showed a clip of her practicing on the CBC hockey show today, and they are still saying her status is day to day. If she does return, I doubt it will be tomorrow's quarter-final match against Sweden, though.

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2923

Post by Emi088 »

Such a great article about Captain Cluch! A must-read 👌

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/longfor ... ip-poulin/

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2924

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 02:55
Such a great article about Captain Cluch! A must-read 👌

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/longfor ... ip-poulin/
So is she in a relationship with Laura Stacey? Seems like it based on the article (e.g., they got a dog together, they’ve been travelling around in an RV together, showing up at a wedding together)?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2925

Post by Guest »

New to this thread so sorry if this has been answered already before. Is Hilary knight currently linked to anyone? I see she is sporting a ring in some of her recent Instagram stories.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2926

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 20:09
Emi088 wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 02:55
Such a great article about Captain Cluch! A must-read 👌

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/longfor ... ip-poulin/
So is she in a relationship with Laura Stacey? Seems like it based on the article (e.g., they got a dog together, they’ve been travelling around in an RV together, showing up at a wedding together)?
Yes they are. Laura is a cutie too. I hope she gets to play a little more in the big games. Only used sparingly against the US. Big forward with good speed.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2927

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:20
Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 14:57
Is Hilary Knight gay?
Of course!
DA. I thought she has a long term bf

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2928

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 05:21
Emi088 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:20
Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 14:57
Is Hilary Knight gay?
Of course!
DA. I thought she has a long term bf
DA. Is she still with Emard?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2929

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 20:09
Emi088 wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 02:55
Such a great article about Captain Cluch! A must-read 👌

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/longfor ... ip-poulin/
So is she in a relationship with Laura Stacey? Seems like it based on the article (e.g., they got a dog together, they’ve been travelling around in an RV together, showing up at a wedding together)?
Yep they are really cute together! I still remember the hints after the 2018 Olympics when both were apparently in California at the same time and then sightings of them at places appeared. And in 2020, they quarantined together - Labonte went to their house with a cake for Pou's birthday. They're pretty open on instagram now. And Stacey has mentioned Pou on an interview with Mitch Marner where Pou is explicitly referred to as "girlfriend". Tumblr is a decent source for content.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2930

Post by Guest »

MCB wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 05:34
:heart: I guess it is official now that Doust is with Bunton :heart:

Then what’s with this photo of Bunton with Karly Heffernan with the caption, “happy birthday sunshine”?


User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2931

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 08:43
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 05:21
Emi088 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:20
Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 14:57
Is Hilary Knight gay?
Of course!
DA. I thought she has a long term bf
DA. Is she still with Emard?
No, she's not with Emard anymore

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2932

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 22:23
MCB wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 05:34
:heart: I guess it is official now that Doust is with Bunton :heart:

Then what’s with this photo of Bunton with Karly Heffernan with the caption, “happy birthday sunshine”?

That's called friendship

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2933

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 00:15
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 22:23
MCB wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 05:34
:heart: I guess it is official now that Doust is with Bunton :heart:

Then what’s with this photo of Bunton with Karly Heffernan with the caption, “happy birthday sunshine”?

That's called friendship
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I take it Heffernan is straight??

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2934

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 00:52
Emi088 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 00:15
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 22:23
MCB wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 05:34
:heart: I guess it is official now that Doust is with Bunton :heart:

Then what’s with this photo of Bunton with Karly Heffernan with the caption, “happy birthday sunshine”?

That's called friendship
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I take it Heffernan is straight??
I don't know anything about her, sorry 🤷‍♀️

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2935

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 02:10
Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 00:52
Emi088 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 00:15
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 22:23
MCB wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 05:34
:heart: I guess it is official now that Doust is with Bunton :heart:

Then what’s with this photo of Bunton with Karly Heffernan with the caption, “happy birthday sunshine”?

That's called friendship
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I take it Heffernan is straight??
I don't know anything about her, sorry 🤷‍♀️
NP. I was just hopping from one IG to another based on tags. Not surprisingly it seems like many of the players are intertwined. I hadn’t really followed their personal lives before. Small world I guess.

User avatar
sicvita
Member
Reactions: 11
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Aug 2019, 14:07

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2936

Post by sicvita »

Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 07:59
Does anyone have the Miracle a Sochi documentary still? It used to be on YouTube but I can't find it anymore.
They’re all listed at the rds.ca site but they won’t load:

https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/countr ... -3.1172358
https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/countr ... -3.1172359
https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/countr ... -3.1172360
https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/countr ... -3.1172363

Try dropping them an email (suggest you write it in French, if you can!) and request they fix the links. I’d remind them that there is likely renewed interest in viewing them now with the Olympics on.

12345679
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2937

Post by 12345679 »

Do you know from where i can download women ice hockey games from the olympics or from the league? Thanks in advance !

anoon
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2938

Post by anoon »

Emi088 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 00:11
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 08:43
Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 05:21
Emi088 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:20
Guest wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 14:57
Is Hilary Knight gay?
Of course!
DA. I thought she has a long term bf
DA. Is she still with Emard?
No, she's not with Emard anymore
is she dating anyone now?

Sens95
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2939

Post by Sens95 »

I live in Canada, but I need to see Team USA beat Team Canada in the Women's hockey final. If USA loses, I'm going to cry and scream. It won't be a surprise that Canada would easily beat USA, cause they lost a ton of best players and best players escape from getting a silver and admit defeat.

And Hockey Canada should've boycott Chinese Olympics and let these players participate in Nova Scotia for Dream Gap Tour. That would have taken my edge off from thought of N.S. lost the Women's World Championship event.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2940

Post by Guest »

Nursey and Clark (who both played at Wisconsin) seem to have a lot of fun together…

From 2017 in preparation for the 2018 games:

https://video.hockeycanada.ca/en/c/nwt- ... lark.98462

And now at these games:


Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2941

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 20:46
Nursey and Clark (who both played at Wisconsin) seem to have a lot of fun together…

From 2017 in preparation for the 2018 games:

https://video.hockeycanada.ca/en/c/nwt- ... lark.98462

And now at these games:

QMTA - this is a better link for the first video:


Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2942

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know anything about Lara Stalder?

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2943

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 20:46
Nursey and Clark (who both played at Wisconsin) seem to have a lot of fun together…

From 2017 in preparation for the 2018 games:

https://video.hockeycanada.ca/en/c/nwt- ... lark.98462

And now at these games:

Yes I love their friendship 🥰

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2944

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 02:23
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 20:46
Nursey and Clark (who both played at Wisconsin) seem to have a lot of fun together…

From 2017 in preparation for the 2018 games:

https://video.hockeycanada.ca/en/c/nwt- ... lark.98462

And now at these games:

Yes I love their friendship 🥰
A couple more from 2016/17




Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2945

Post by Guest »

Interesting…Nursey currently leading with most points (not overall goals but still an impressive stat)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hoc ... ng_leaders

(Yes, I’m a native Hamiltonian ;)

User avatar
Emi088
Member
Reactions: 7
Posts: 283
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 01:31

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2946

Post by Emi088 »

Oh god, I'm nervous for tonight's game..! Let's go girls!! 💪🇨🇦

User avatar
stellavander
Member
Reactions: 1
Posts: 55
Joined: 07 May 2019, 10:21

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2947

Post by stellavander »

What are the odds that it will be another overtime and that MPP will score the winning goal?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2948

Post by Guest »

!!!!!!!!!!! G O :goldstar: U S A !!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
sicvita
Member
Reactions: 11
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Aug 2019, 14:07

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2949

Post by sicvita »

Emi088 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:11
Oh god, I'm nervous for tonight's game..! Let's go girls!! 💪🇨🇦Ca
I just listened to Nursey on a podcast from 2018 after they won silver in the last games. She made two interesting points about the tie-breaker - one was they were a bit freaked out when Spooner messed up on the first shot and the other was that she thought they could have won if they played another period instead of doing a shootout. But these are the rules so that’s the way it went!

Hopefully they’ll come out strong, take the lead and never look back.

Go Canada!

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

#2950

Post by Guest »

stellavander wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 23:12
What are the odds that it will be another overtime and that MPP will score the winning goal?
I think the odds are pretty high that it could go to overtime since a good portion of the rivalry series games was decided in overtime leading up to the Olympics. I would love to see MPP get the winning goal to complete her hat trick of Olympic golden goals! I hope I’m wrong though about it going to overtime because it’s never good for my poor heart. :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 371 guests