Any Love For The Ice Hockey Ladies?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:knight interview

Celebrity crush...Ryan Reynolds? k. She's never coming out is she?
Lol I love her but she's such an awkward dork sometimes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Lol I love her but she's such an awkward dork sometimes
Yeah, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with staying safe. But she could have easily switched what she said about Gal Gadot and Reynolds and no one would have cared. But then again, maybe not because gal Gadot looks a little similar to her so that might make her seem narcissistic. you know what? nevermind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have to admit I laughed when she said that I wonder if Karrel wants to get married one day.

1default1
Reactions: 0

Post by 1default1 »

Knight is very concerned with image so I don't think we will see her come out at least while she is playing. Or even give any indication that she is gay. She projects a straight image and seems ok with keeping that up. People just make the assumption she is straight and she plays along. I often wonder if Emard is bothered by this? It's like she is forced to hide her true self publicly as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1default1 wrote:Knight is very concerned with image so I don't think we will see her come out at least while she is playing. Or even give any indication that she is gay. She projects a straight image and seems ok with keeping that up. People just make the assumption she is straight and she plays along. I often wonder if Emard is bothered by this? It's like she is forced to hide her true self publicly  as well.
Do we hold her to a different standard because she's the most visible? We know that tons of them are queer, and super high profile people as well (Pou, Decker), and I'm not sure we ask the same of them.

1default1

Post by 1default1 »

Guest wrote:
1default1 wrote:Knight is very concerned with image so I don't think we will see her come out at least while she is playing. Or even give any indication that she is gay. She projects a straight image and seems ok with keeping that up. People just make the assumption she is straight and she plays along. I often wonder if Emard is bothered by this? It's like she is forced to hide her true self publicly as well.
Do we hold her to a different standard because she's the most visible? We know that tons of them are queer, and super high profile people as well (Pou, Decker), and I'm not sure we ask the same of them.
Maybe we do ask more of Knight. She is the face of women's hockey in the US where image is everything. She is the highest profile US player. I don't think Decker coming out would have the same impact as Knight would. And Pou is married to hockey in the minds of most people. I don't know. It's not easy for a lot of these players. And it's lharder for Knight. My original point was that Knight does nothing to dissuade people from thinking she is straight. And she shouldn't have to. But it does make it more difficult for her to all of a sudden spring a gf upon the world or to come out. But hopefully if Emard and Knight become more committed they will be more open

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1default1 wrote:
Guest wrote:
1default1 wrote:Knight is very concerned with image so I don't think we will see her come out at least while she is playing. Or even give any indication that she is gay. She projects a straight image and seems ok with keeping that up. People just make the assumption she is straight and she plays along. I often wonder if Emard is bothered by this? It's like she is forced to hide her true self publicly as well.
Maybe we do ask more of Knight. She is the face of women's hockey in the US where image is everything. She is the highest profile US player. I don't think Decker coming out would have the same impact as Knight would. And Pou is married to hockey in the minds of most people. I don't know. It's not easy for a lot of these players. And it's lharder for Knight. My original point was that Knight does nothing to dissuade people from thinking she is straight. And she shouldn't have to. But it does make it more difficult for her to all of a sudden spring a gf upon the world or to come out. But hopefully if Emard and Knight become more committed they will be more open
It's hard because as much as I would love Hilary to be the Megan Rapinoe of women's hockey and just be out and proud, it's a journey for everyone and I don t think anyone should ever be forced out. And you can't blame her for maybe wanting to be in control of her private life when she has always gotten SO much attention. But I'd also love if we had a world where all these players could just be themselves and openly date people and it was not a big deal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To be fair, I think Hilary does express some of her queerness through the way she dresses. Her outfits ?ó?Ç?ö especially the hats ?ó?Ç?ö always scream gay to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:To be fair, I think Hilary does express some of her queerness through the way she dresses. Her outfits ?ó?Ç?ö especially the hats ?ó?Ç?ö always scream gay to me.
Def true, no straight girl could wear hats in such a ridiculous manner ;)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
1default1 wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's hard because as much as I would love Hilary to be the Megan Rapinoe of women's hockey and just be out and proud, it's a journey for everyone and I don t think anyone should ever be forced out. And you can't blame her for maybe wanting to be in control of her private life when she has always gotten SO much attention. But I'd also love if we had a world where all these players could just be themselves and openly date people and it was not a big deal.
I think if Duggan returns to the national team after this year off (? She's indicated that she's just taking time off rather than retiring) she could be the Pinoe-esque player that helps normalize being openly gay. She seems content to talk about it, she just hasn't had much chance to with taking time off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:To be fair, I think Hilary does express some of her queerness through the way she dresses. Her outfits ?ó?Ç?ö especially the hats ?ó?Ç?ö always scream gay to me.
Def true, no straight girl could wear hats in such a ridiculous manner ;)
Honestly though...it isn't even just the way she dresses. Her entire body language SCREAMS lesbian.

If she somehow turned out to actually be straight my brain would explode lol.

1default1

Post by 1default1 »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
1default1 wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think if Duggan returns to the national team after this year off (? She's indicated that she's just taking time off rather than retiring) she could be the Pinoe-esque player that helps normalize being openly gay. She seems content to talk about it, she just hasn't had much chance to with taking time off.
Im not sure that Duggan is content to talk about it. I mean neither her or Apps have ever publicly talked about being gay. They barely talk about their relationship other than Duggan being asked about her wedding in a couple of interviews. She seems comfortable but I really think they are big on privacy and won't talk about it. I read that People magazine wanted to do an article on them after the wedding but they said they had no interest in giving interviews. So I think if Duggan normalizes being gay it won't be through interviews or statements but more by just sharing pics of her happy life just as she's been doing. I really like they way Apps and Duggan have handled their relationship, not making a big deal about it or any type of statement.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We also have to remember that Emard is not a public person. So Hilary must have also considering Emard's privacy.

Emi088
Reactions: 6

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:Anyone have any idea if Bettez is in a relationship? I only know that once upon a time she Poulin. Interested to know her gf history.
So, nothing about her love life?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Doing my American duty today by not liking any Canadian statuses. :icu:

See y'all tonight! :P

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Can't wait to watch the game!!!

Go Canada!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:Can't wait to watch the game!!!

Go Canada!!
U! S! A! ;) but seriously, just excited to see women's hockey on my tv!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:Can't wait to watch the game!!!

Go Canada!!
Ditto!! Go Canada Go

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rivalry article

Hey, here's an article about the rivalry. It's behind a paywall, but tbh I think the Athletic is worth it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:rivalry article

Hey, here's an article about the rivalry. It's behind a paywall, but tbh I think the Athletic is worth it.
Yes! Great article and the Athletic has some great women's sports coverage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:rivalry article

someone wanna post it :wub:

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

I like the first line

:tinfoil:

dadou

Post by dadou »

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Canada's first line is perfect!! Can't wait to watch them!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dumb question: if you're in the US do you have to subscribe to the NHL Network? Or are they streaming it for free (I think they've done that in the past?)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:I like the first line

I don't... :unsure:

Y'know no college players, no lamoureuxs, no duggs... I still believe we can win.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:Dumb question: if you're in the US do you have to subscribe to the NHL Network? Or are they streaming it for free (I think they've done that in the past?)
I have no idea I am sorry , best to check the nhl network sites.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:Dumb question: if you're in the US do you have to subscribe to the NHL Network? Or are they streaming it for free (I think they've done that in the past?)
Their site is terrible! Everything says it's airing on the NHL Network, so I bought a month subscription to watch the games. But I can't find the stream! Wondering if they're only making it available via cable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like how Bozek was going to just take on all of canada lmao

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Their site is terrible! Everything says it's airing on the NHL Network, so I bought a month subscription to watch the games. But I can't find the stream! Wondering if they're only making it available via cable.
Go to stream2watch chose LIVETV not live sports and then find TSN2 and you should be able to watch the canadian feed .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou,Feb 12 2019, 07:45 PM wrote:
Guest,Feb 12 2019, 07:31 PM wrote:
Go to stream2watch chose LIVETV not live sports and then find TSN2 and you should be able to watch the canadian feed .

You are my hero!

dadou

Post by dadou »

LMAO the french network just said Hillary came to mtl for the quality of the team , yeah that's not the only reason lol

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest,Feb 12 2019, 07:56 PM wrote:
dadou,Feb 12 2019, 07:45 PM wrote:
Guest,Feb 12 2019, 07:31 PM wrote:

You are my hero!
:grouphug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

32 users??? who are you people!?

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Let's win the next one, girls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emi088 wrote:
Let's win the next one, girls
Def need some goals next game, let's get it! They just need to connect

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ladies, I missed the game due to timezone (living in Europe atm). How was our fave girl Bettez and Saulnier last night? I thought Saulnier-Jenner-Leslie will be the 2nd line.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ok I know they're not playing but does anyone else Canadian just hate the Lameroux twins?? I keep wondering if it's just me but I hate them. Every Olympics, I hate them. I have no issues with any other American players, just the Lam twins. I think they're dirty players.

Anyone else or just me?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ok I know they're not playing but does anyone else Canadian just hate the Lameroux twins?? I keep wondering if it's just me but I hate them. Every Olympics, I hate them. I have no issues with any other American players, just the Lam twins. I think they're dirty players.

Anyone else or just me?
This is like asking "hey, does everyone hate mosquitoes or just me?" I imagine most Canadians hate them. As an American fan I love them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ok I know they're not playing but does anyone else Canadian just hate the Lameroux twins?? I keep wondering if it's just me but I hate them. Every Olympics, I hate them. I have no issues with any other American players, just the Lam twins. I think they're dirty players.

Anyone else or just me?
Haha yes, they are a nuisance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just finished Bellamy's poetry book. Wow, I feel like she laid out her heart in this, and is kinda calling out Pou on some shit lol. Would love to hear her side, but sadly never will :heart:

VBO

Post by VBO »

Guest wrote:Just finished Bellamy's poetry book. Wow, I feel like she laid out her heart in this, and is kinda calling out Pou on some shit lol.  Would love to hear her side, but sadly never will  :heart:

I enjoyed the read. And I spent the whole time wondering if it was just me that linked everything to Pou

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

VBO wrote:
Guest wrote:Just finished Bellamy's poetry book. Wow, I feel like she laid out her heart in this, and is kinda calling out Pou on some shit lol. Would love to hear her side, but sadly never will :heart:

I enjoyed the read. And I spent the whole time wondering if it was just me that linked everything to Pou
Yeah I was wondering if I was reaching but the blatant 29 poem and the constant relating to the other person by hockey or jersey's kinda gives it away. Also the back and forth, on and off comments makes sense for their relationship

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:Ladies, I missed the game due to timezone (living in Europe atm). How was our fave girl Bettez and Saulnier last night? I thought Saulnier-Jenner-Leslie will be the 2nd line.
Bettez played well! I was proud of her She had some good chances.

Saulnier was fun to watch too! A lot of energy!

dadou

Post by dadou »

Emi088 wrote:
Guest wrote:Ladies, I missed the game due to timezone (living in Europe atm). How was our fave girl Bettez and Saulnier last night? I thought Saulnier-Jenner-Leslie will be the 2nd line.

Same , Canada dominated in my opinion they ahd a lot of chances but luck wasn't on their sides and Rigsby was stopping everything. Masch did well too for the goal she was jsut caught off her circle and couldn't get back on time . Was happy to see Bettez getting a decent chances on the power play.

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

dadou wrote:
Emi088 wrote:

Same , Canada dominated in my opinion they ahd a lot of chances but luck wasn't on their sides and Rigsby was stopping everything. Masch did well too for the goal she was jsut caught off her circle and couldn't get back on time . Was happy to see Bettez getting a decent chances on the power play.
I agree! And I love what I saw from Krzyzaniak! She was very physical

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Just finished Bellamy's poetry book. Wow, I feel like she laid out her heart in this, and is kinda calling out Pou on some shit lol.  Would love to hear her side, but sadly never will  :heart:

Would you be willing to PLEASE share the 29 poem, or any of the other good stuff ones with us? These 2 are a major talking point in here. Haha!

Emi088

Post by Emi088 »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Just finished Bellamy's poetry book. Wow, I feel like she laid out her heart in this, and is kinda calling out Pou on some shit lol. Would love to hear her side, but sadly never will :heart:

Would you be willing to PLEASE share the 29 poem, or any of the other good stuff ones with us? These 2 are a major talking point in here. Haha!

I am personally not comfortable with this because copyrights are important to me. But I won't judge if someone decide to share

VBO

Post by VBO »

Guest wrote:

The book was independently published and these girls are not making millions...I would suggest you to buy it. Its cheap and an interesting read. It's another way to support players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

VBO wrote:
Guest wrote:

The book was independently published and these girls are not making millions...I would suggest you to buy it. Its cheap and an interesting read. It's another way to support players.
x2. Yeah, I mean, I think of it as like an indirect way of helping Bellamy to keep playing if she has a little more money y'know?