Discord

Ida
Reactions: 0

Post by Ida »

Sentry wrote:
Ida wrote:Why are we moving again? Also the discord app asks if it can access my cell phone photos.
You can decline. Anon rank cannot upload photos anyways.
Ok thanks :)
<a href='https://lchatstopover.freeforums.net/bo ... discussion' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Be yourself, everybody else is already taken</a>

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

Ida wrote:
dadou wrote:
Ida wrote:Why are we moving again? Also the discord app asks if it can access my cell phone photos.
We are moving to a new board because we have become too big for JCINK and thye can no longer support us. Discord was set up as way for people to keep chattign until the new board can be set up and we dont know how long it will take . Once the new board is set up you can chose to stay on discord and have two places to talk or just hop out of Discord . And if discord asking you to have access to your photo just say no like any other app.
Thanks for the response. I prefer this forum to discord, any chance of leaving it open till the transition to the other forum is complete?
nope, the decision is not ours its jcink and they said it would go dark on friday so you wont be able to see it anymore . You can also stay Anon on discord if you prefer but you still have to write you are 18 yrs in the validation thread.
:tinfoil:

Ida

Post by Ida »

dadou wrote:
Ida wrote:
dadou wrote:
We are moving to a new board because we have become too big for JCINK and thye can no longer support us. Discord was set up as way for people to keep chattign until the new board can be set up and we dont know how long it will take . Once the new board is set up you can chose to stay on discord and have two places to talk or just hop out of Discord . And if discord asking you to have access to your photo just say no like any other app.
Thanks for the response. I prefer this forum to discord, any chance of leaving it open till the transition to the other forum is complete?
nope, the decision is not ours its jcink and they said it would go dark on friday so you wont be able to see it anymore . You can also stay Anon on discord if you prefer but you still have to write you are 18 yrs in the validation thread.
Wow, maybe leave lot's of links for women who don't come here everyday, before Friday. Thank you again, you've been very helpful :)
<a href='https://lchatstopover.freeforums.net/bo ... discussion' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Be yourself, everybody else is already taken</a>

ldr

Post by ldr »

Dear TPTB:

1. Thank you for the Discord invite/link, but I respectfully decline. If the purpose of the app is to serve as a temporary home while we wait for the new board to finally materialize, then we also have the option to just wait for the actual board to go up. It is a public forum anyway, anyone can find it online. While we're at it, kindly bring back anonymous posting for the new board, just like in the good ol' days.

2. Thank you for this soon-to-be-gone old board. I enjoyed my brief time here. I'm actually surprised I stayed longer than I intended to. I won't be posting anymore updates in the usual threads I frequent, and I won't be commenting anymore on other topics. And with this, I'd like to request again for my account to be be permanently deleted. I hope you can finally grant my request this time, the first one I did back in September.

3. Just curious, what happened to catlover? We don't know each other, but I've gotten used to seeing her everytime I'm here. It's kinda weird not seeing her anymore, just when the old board is about to close for good. Anyway, I hope she's all right.

4. Lastly, I hope you're doing well, and you're happy. I'm sorry I made you feel bad before. Thank you for everything. Take care always. See you around.

DressBlues

Post by DressBlues »

I'm so lost, I can't see anything except the dm page. I can't see tlc on the app unless I click the link on here and all that come up are a couple of boards i can't post in. I don't see any topics like tv shows etc.

Laura

Post by Laura »

This Discord is really complicating.....especially if you haven't any mic or you leave in Europe ^o)
You can't find something more simple? :-/

Laura

Post by Laura »

Jcink was amazing...I hope you find something better in the future!

luvzluv

Post by luvzluv »

GM. I was just wondering if there has been a decision made on where the link to the new forum will be posted on Discord, once it is up and running? TIA.

luvzluv

Post by luvzluv »

One additional question. Will all, or the majority of the threads from this forum be migrated over to the new one? Including those under celebrity and media? I know some of them are still up in the air on Discord, but I was hoping that the new forum would mostly mirror this current one? Any information is appreciated.

Gamer

Post by Gamer »

I've installed Discord, create an account, used the invitation link and after a while I get kicked out of the server and I can't find it and I have to use the link again.

jez

Post by jez »

Sorry if it's OT but about new forum, will I be able to log in with my Jcink account or will I need to create a new one?
Thanks in advance!

spookyish

Post by spookyish »

Hello.

I click on the link for Discord and it say "Invite Invalid, This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join".

Any other working Discord invite links?

Thanks

dadou

Post by dadou »

Alright I see lots of question about Discord and the move so here it is .

New link that will not expire . https://discord.gg/7CM343Z

-Why do you need to go to discord : Because the jcink board will go dark on Friday, meaning it will no longer be available. So Discord was set up until we can get the new board running .

-Why will the board go dark: Well its simply because we became too big for JCINK and they could no longer support us.

- PHHBB was chosen as replacement but now it comes the question of the migration and finding a host that will support us for years and year and not have to do this again .

- We do not know how long it will take for the new board to be set up , once it is done you can leave Discord all you want or stay and have another place to chat.

- We also do not know if everything will be migrated that is the goal but also be ready that it might not be . If the migration does not work you will have to make a new account.

- Once the new board is set up the link will be shared on Discord .

-You can also find us on the brand new TWITTER : https://twitter.com/TheLChat1

CONCERNING DISCORD:

-When on Discord stay 10 minutes at least so the server can welcome you you.

-After 10 minutes go to VALIDATION and simply write that you are 18 years old. This will give you ANON rank you will have limited access and will be able to post but wont be able to acccess member threads and you wont be able to post pics or links.If you dont become at least a anon you wont be able to come back to the server if you loose the link.

- If you want to be a MEMBER, you will need to go the VOICE VALIDATION thread , where you chat just for a few second with an admins . You do not have to do the VOICE VALIDATION if you want to stay you just need ANON role.

- if you want a thread that is not currently on DISCORD you can request one in the request thread and admins will discuss it among themself.

-We do not have access to you Email , phone number or any private information .

-If Discord ask you to access your photo and you are nto comfortable with that , simply say NO like any other app .

-You have 3 way to use Discord , the phone app , the desktop app or the web version . Its up to you which one you want to use.

dadou

Post by dadou »

DressBlues Laura luvzluv Gamer jez spookyish Read the post I made above .

luvzluv

Post by luvzluv »

dadou wrote:DressBlues Laura luvzluv Gamer jez spookyish Read the post I made above .
Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

Sentry
Reactions: 97

Post by Sentry »

There are a lot of 'threads' missing on Discord because as dadou mentioned they're done by request.

Some threads will be in the member-only section of Discord while others be posted for all anon and members to see. Just depends on the amount of trolling.

The reason many threads are missing is also because Discord isn't meant to put all of TLC on it. Just some casual threads and popular ones while we wait for the new site.
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

jez

Post by jez »

dadou wrote:DressBlues Laura luvzluv Gamer jez spookyish Read the post I made above .
Thanks! You were very kind!

luvzluv

Post by luvzluv »

Sentry wrote:There are a lot of 'threads' missing on Discord because as dadou mentioned they're done by request.

Some threads will be in the member-only section of Discord while others be posted for all anon and members to see. Just depends on the amount of trolling.

The reason many threads are missing is also because Discord isn't meant to put all of TLC on it. Just some casual threads and popular ones while we wait for the new site.
Thank you. Understood. I appreciate the info.

BloodOrange

Post by BloodOrange »

dadou wrote:Alright I see lots of question about Discord and the move&nbsp; so here it is .

New link that will not expire .&nbsp; https://discord.gg/7CM343Z

-Why do you need to go to discord :&nbsp; Because the jcink board will go dark on Friday, meaning it will no longer be available. So Discord was set up until we can get the new board running .&nbsp;

-Why will the board go dark:&nbsp; Well its simply because we became too big for JCINK and they could no longer support us.

- PHHBB was chosen as replacement but now it comes the question of the migration and finding a host that will support us for years and year and not have to do this again .

- We do not know how long it will take for the new board to be set up , once it is done you can leave Discord all you want or stay and have another place to chat.

- We also do not know if everything will be migrated that is the goal but also be ready that it might not be . If the migrtion does not work you will have to make a new account.

-You can also finnd us on the brand new TWITTER : https://twitter.com/TheLChat1

CONCERNING DISCORD:

-After 10 minutes go to VALIDATION&nbsp; and simply write that you are 18 years old. This will give you ANON rank you will have limited access and will be able to post but wont be able to acccess member threads and you wont be able to post pics or links.If you dont become at least a anon you wont be able to come back to the server if you loose the link.

- If you want to be a MEMBER, you will need to go the VOICE VALIDATION thread , where you chat just for a few second with an admins . You do not have to do the VOICE VALIDATION if you want to stay you just need ANON role.

- if you want a thread that is not currently on DISCORD you can&nbsp; request one in the request&nbsp; thread and admins will discuss it among themself.

-If Discord ask you to access your photo and you are nto comfortable with that&nbsp; , simply say NO like any other app .

-You have 3 way to use Discord , the phone app , the desktop app or the web version . Its up to you which one you want to use.
So is there a possibility that PhBB could also kick us off? It's sad that we have to keep moving and don't have anywhere permanent.

dadou

Post by dadou »

BloodOrange wrote:
dadou wrote:Alright I see lots of question about Discord and the move so here it is .

-Why do you need to go to discord : Because the jcink board will go dark on Friday, meaning it will no longer be available. So Discord was set up until we can get the new board running .

-Why will the board go dark: Well its simply because we became too big for JCINK and they could no longer support us.

- We also do not know if everything will be migrated that is the goal but also be ready that it might not be . If the migrtion does not work you will have to make a new account.

CONCERNING DISCORD:

-After 10 minutes go to VALIDATION and simply write that you are 18 years old. This will give you ANON rank you will have limited access and will be able to post but wont be able to acccess member threads and you wont be able to post pics or links.If you dont become at least a anon you wont be able to come back to the server if you loose the link.

- if you want a thread that is not currently on DISCORD you can request one in the request thread and admins will discuss it among themself.

-If Discord ask you to access your photo and you are nto comfortable with that , simply say NO like any other app .

So is there a possibility that PhBB could also kick us off? It's sad that we have to keep moving and don't have anywhere permanent.
No phhbb is for running the board only it will be integrated into a host , so basicly a website , its all about finding the right one .

nerdglasses

Post by nerdglasses »

Windstruck wrote:How do you do voice for those ones who are Deaf? =|
Xx2!!! Deaf here?ó?Ç?ì?ó?Ö?Ç?»?¥?Å So how will it help me?

BloodOrange

Post by BloodOrange »

dadou wrote:
BloodOrange wrote:
dadou wrote:Alright I see lots of question about Discord and the move so here it is .

CONCERNING DISCORD:

No phhbb is for running the board only it will be integrated into a host , so basicly a website , its all about finding the right one .
I have no idea what that means :lol: So will it be similar to here or completely different?

dadou

Post by dadou »

BloodOrange wrote:
dadou wrote:
BloodOrange wrote:

CONCERNING DISCORD:

I have no idea what that means :lol: So will it be similar to here or completely different?
It will be similar but it will be a long term place , hopefully. Its all about database, bandwith and migration.

dadou

Post by dadou »

glasseslore2 wrote:
Xx2!!! Deaf here?ó?Ç?ì?ó?Ö?Ç?»?¥?Å So how will it help me?
did you get my PM ?

BloodOrange

Post by BloodOrange »

dadou wrote:
BloodOrange wrote:
dadou wrote:
BloodOrange wrote:

CONCERNING DISCORD:

It will be similar but it will be a long term place , hopefully. Its all about database, bandwith and migration.
Ah okay. Definitely appreciate all the effort you guys are putting in to find us a new place :hug:

Gpsc21497

Post by Gpsc21497 »

So where will the link to the new board go

dadou

Post by dadou »

Gpsc21497 wrote:So where will the link to the new board go
It will be posted on Twitter and on discord . Read my post on the otther page .

Lake

Post by Lake »

I'm on the validation page but I don't see a place to type 18+

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

https://status.discord.com/

^ This is critical to have. It shows the past couple months and when there is downtime / outrages on Discord.

I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Lake wrote:I'm on the validation page but I don't see a place to type 18+
did you figure it out ? it the channel that says VALIDATION"

Lake

Post by Lake »

dadou wrote:
Nope I clicked onto the validation channel but there isn't any place to type anything. It says I must claim and verify my account before I can send a message.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Lake wrote:
dadou wrote:
Nope I clicked onto the validation channel but there isn't any place to type anything. It says I must claim and verify my account before I can send a message.
Did you make an account ?

Lake

Post by Lake »

It asked what to call me so I put in a name. I waited on the site more than 10 minutes and went into the verification channel. I don't want to share my email. Do I have to?

dadou

Post by dadou »

Lake wrote:It asked what to call me so I put in a name. I waited on the site more than 10 minutes and went into the verification channel. I don't want to share my email. Do I have to?
yes like any social website you have too , we do not see it dont worry .

dadou

Post by dadou »

dadou wrote:
Lake wrote:It asked what to call me so I put in a name. I waited on the site more than 10 minutes and went into the verification channel. I don't want to share my email. Do I have to?
wait you mean share your email publicly , no DONT do that?

Lake

Post by Lake »

dadou wrote:
ok, thanks for the help.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Lake wrote:
dadou wrote:
ok, thanks for the help.
DM me your user name I will help you on discord.

Sentry

Post by Sentry »

Your discord account requires any email account. It is for password recovery / payment notification.

No one will ever see your email. I can show you a run down from my account if you'd like from my dashboard settings as admin if it'd help ease worries.

ChartReader
Reactions: 5

Post by ChartReader »

I am currently logged into Discord, but it repeatedly kicks me off and I have to re log in.

Did the LChat break Discord?

Also this site is incredibly slow. I understand bandwidth problems here, but not on Discord.

The Discord status page has yet to load for me, as well.
SIGNATURE: Venus and Jupiter are rising as a pair before the Sun. I think about the traditional meaning of this combination. It is Love and Goodwill and I am very much feeling that right now.

dadou

Post by dadou »

ChartReader wrote:I am currently logged into Discord, but it repeatedly kicks me off and I have to re log in.

Also this site is incredibly slow. I understand bandwidth problems here, but not on&#160; Discord.

We had an influx of new user today was bit crazy or could just be your internet , you cant log in at all?

ChartReader
Reactions: 5

Post by ChartReader »

dadou wrote:
ChartReader wrote:I am currently logged into Discord, but it repeatedly kicks me off and I have to re log in.

Also this site is incredibly slow. I understand bandwidth problems here, but not on Discord.

We had an influx of new user today was bit crazy or could just be your internet , you cant log in at all?
It is probably my internet. I am having trouble getting to other sites as well.

Anyway, I was finally able to log out of Discord. I would browse a page and it only let me stay on for less than 60 seconds before it abruptly cut me off, leaving me signed in to Discord.

I have the desktop app btw, but browsers are slow elsewhere.
SIGNATURE: Venus and Jupiter are rising as a pair before the Sun. I think about the traditional meaning of this combination. It is Love and Goodwill and I am very much feeling that right now.

.JPG
Reactions: 15

Post by .JPG »

Anybody looking to become full members (so you can post images/links), feel free to PM in Discord as well.

IGotOne

Post by IGotOne »

.JPG wrote:Anybody looking to become full members (so you can post images/links), feel free to PM in Discord as well.
Hello JPG, I don't really understand how Discord works, I can't see you on it. Do you want me to give you my user name?

Laura

Post by Laura »

dadou wrote:
Gpsc21497 wrote:So where will the link to the new board go
It will be posted on Twitter and on discord . Read my post on the otther page .
I know it's too soon but when? (approximately)
Thank you in advance!

chick-a-lick

Post by chick-a-lick »

Sentry wrote:
chick-a-lick wrote:Why do I have to "claim" an email account just to join Discord?
It's not the same as creating an account -- it wants access to the email account that's provided.
This is creepy.
And
I don't want to "talk" to Discord.
I don't want to face time with Discord.

Honestly, there is way too much Big Brother about Discord for my comfort.

This means that after years of zetaboard, then enduring spam, and hanging in there with jcink -- I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) will no longer be able to engage in these discussions.
Security setting is requiring all folks who join to have an email address.

I never see the email address.

No one on Discord sees your email address. It is linked to your account in the event you lose your password, enable 2AF, or make Nitro payments it sends a receipt.

Don't talk then. Get an anon role.

THERE IS NO FACE TIMING ON DISCORD. Staff members will NOT video chat will anyone for validation.

Here is the most anyone on the server can see from you when they click your name. Note that I am the admin on the server so...

Thanks for replying, but .....

Discord keeps asking me to "Claim Account". I got to the TLC page (with the Rules & FAQ's, etc.), and when I clicked on #general I got: "You do not have permission to view the message history of #general." I don't see any discussions. I cannot get to a discussion as an Anon.

dadou

Post by dadou »

chick-a-lick wrote:
Sentry wrote:
chick-a-lick wrote:Why do I have to "claim" an email account just to join Discord?
It's not the same as creating an account -- it wants access to the email account that's provided.
This is creepy.
And

This means that after years of zetaboard, then enduring spam, and hanging in there with jcink -- I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) will no longer be able to engage in these discussions.

No one on Discord sees your email address. It is linked to your account in the event you lose your password, enable 2AF, or make Nitro payments it sends a receipt.

THERE IS NO FACE TIMING ON DISCORD. Staff members will NOT video chat will anyone for validation.

Here is the most anyone on the server can see from you when they click your name. Note that I am the admin on the server so...

Discord keeps asking me to "Claim Account". I got to the TLC page (with the Rules & FAQ's, etc.), and when I clicked on #general I got: "You do not have permission to view the message history of #general." I don't see any discussions. I cannot get to a discussion as an Anon.
what user name did you register with? If you dont feel comfortable telling me here you can DM me.

dadou

Post by dadou »

dadou wrote:
chick-a-lick wrote:
Sentry wrote:
This is creepy.
And

what user name did you register with? If you dont feel comfortable telling me here you can DM me.
Nerver mind just saw you had the same user name let me try to DM you there.

dadou

Post by dadou »

dadou wrote:
dadou wrote:
chick-a-lick wrote:
Sentry wrote:
This is creepy.
And

Nerver mind just saw you had the same user name let me try to DM you there.
I replied to yo already on discord but I am to make sure you see this .

Dont click on GENERAL its not a channel its only a place that says who's on the server , try scrolling down on the left side of yur screen where all the different channels there and you should see all of them available to you.

LV85

Post by LV85 »

Can someone help me get on Discord

Username LV85

Looks like I used my email for another user name on discord
Vegas85

How do I delete Vegas85 and register using LV85

Thanks

Flopmop
Reactions: 13

Post by Flopmop »

glasseslore2 wrote:
Xx2!!! Deaf here?&#56907;&#55356;&#57339;&#8205;&#9792;&#65039; So how will it help me?
x3, I am deaf, so cannot participate in video chat for validation. I'm 18+, Have been here since January 2019; have also made several posts, how should I validate?

Already a member of Discord, including Weepyeyes, but not L-Chat.