Canadian Women's National Soccer Team

GUEST_USER
Reactions: 14

Post by GUEST_USER »

Yay, now you have your own thread. Discuss how much you love John Herdman and Christina Sinclair here. Thanks.

Originally posted on 2012-01-22 04:57:00

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bump

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GUEST_USER wrote:Yay, now you have your own thread. Discuss how much you love John Herdman and Christina Sinclair here. Thanks.

Herdman is an ass

.MP3
Reactions: 0

Post by .MP3 »

GUEST_USER wrote:Yay, now you have your own thread. Discuss how much you love John Herdman and Christina Sinclair here. Thanks.

lol I am the person who made this thread back in 2012 over at the ~other board~. The very next post I left was something like "Fuck, her name is Christine, sorry. It was a typo"

it became a good thread to discuss the CanWNT so hopefully it returns to its former glory, even though Herdman betrayed the team and went to coach the terrible men's team....... :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's the latest with Huitema? Should've sign somewhere?

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

Is Erin injured again or she was just not called into camp?
:tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Quinn is signing with Paris fc .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:Is Erin injured again or she was just not called into camp?
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/can...rations-ramp-up

Here's the quote from the article.
Missing are veteran goalkeeper Erin McLeod and attacking midfielder Diana Matheson, who are said to have been held out as a precaution after long-term injuries. The two have 317 caps between them.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:Is Erin injured again or she was just not called into camp?
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/can...rations-ramp-up

Here's the quote from the article.
Missing are veteran goalkeeper Erin McLeod and attacking midfielder Diana Matheson, who are said to have been held out as a precaution after long-term injuries. The two have 317 caps between them.
thank you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone catch the score on the closed door game today against Switzerland?

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:Anyone catch the score on the closed door game today against Switzerland?
I dont think it was mentionned.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:Anyone catch the score on the closed door game today against Switzerland?
it ended 0 - 0

https://twitter.com/chris_awk/status/1085988817348235264

dadou

Post by dadou »

The game vs Norway is live on twitter for those who wants to watch.

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerFR/status/1...758337893113856

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Video of Steph Labbe talking about her experiences with depression before and esp after winning bronze @ Rio 2016

https://www.tsn.ca/video/tsn-original-one-h...y-medal~1598441

merp

Post by merp »

Guest wrote:Video of Steph Labbe talking about her experiences with depression before and esp after winning bronze @ Rio 2016

I really wanted to watch this but it says it's not available in my region.

dadou

Post by dadou »

merp wrote:
Guest wrote:Video of Steph Labbe talking about her experiences with depression before and esp after winning bronze @ Rio 2016

I really wanted to watch this but it says it's not available in my region.
if anyone could tell me how to download it I would gladly find a way to post it here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In the Labbe article it mentioned she is going to be in the NWSL for 2019? Any ideas which team? I would assume DC is off the table.

merp

Post by merp »

Guest wrote:In the Labbe article it mentioned she is going to be in the NWSL for 2019? Any ideas which team? I would assume DC is off the table.
NC let D'Angelo go, maybe NC?

Palawonker5

Post by Palawonker5 »

merp wrote:
Guest wrote:In the Labbe article it mentioned she is going to be in the NWSL for 2019? Any ideas which team? I would assume DC is off the table.
After reading the article about Steph and how she and the rest of the Canadians were treated after the OG by the Spirit organization I feel badly for them. I'd always thought Gabarra was an a**hole and after reading the article I'm thoroughly convinced.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huitema will sign for PSG in the summer window, after she turns 18.
Glad the kids are going to Europe :wub:

dadou

Post by dadou »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

merp wrote:
Didn't D'Angelo leave coz she wasn't getting enough playing time? Rowland was the starter by the end of last season so wouldn't Labbe get little playing time as well?

Bug22
Reactions:

Post by Bug22 »

Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Didn't D'Angelo leave coz she wasn't getting enough playing time? Rowland was the starter by the end of last season so wouldn't Labbe get little playing time as well?
Only place I could see her playing is NJ the rest of the teams should be keeping their #1s (unless injury??)

But if that happens and she takes Sheridan's starting spot just because it's a WWC year it would be a seriously sucky move by Labbe and the CSA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bug22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Only place I could see her playing is NJ the rest of the teams should be keeping their #1s (unless injury??)

But if that happens and she takes Sheridan's starting spot just because it's a WWC year it would be a seriously sucky move by Labbe and the CSA.
DA. If Campbell loses allocation, I could see her going to Houston. They could use some allocated players. There were rumours of Houston trying to unload Campbell because they couldn't afford her salary.

merp

Post by merp »

Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Well, I'd imagine that Labbe is probably better than D'Angelo and maybe start over Rowland? That's just an assumption though. I think D'Angelo was hurt a bit last year, they usually play one or the other because they are so equal.

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

merp wrote:
Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Well, I'd imagine that Labbe is probably better than D'Angelo and maybe start over Rowland? That's just an assumption though. I think D'Angelo was hurt a bit last year, they usually play one or the other because they are so equal.
Nah, D'Angelo was out for like two/three weeks, rest of the season she warmed the bench.

True about Campbell losing her allocation could open a spot at Houston

Red beauty
Reactions:

Post by Red beauty »

Huitema is going to PSG?

Number 178
Reactions:

Post by Number 178 »

Red Beauty
Reactions:

Post by Red Beauty »

Red beauty wrote:Huitema is going to PSG?
Ha...never mind. Just found it above...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

merp wrote:
Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Looks like Labbe to NC. Yikes then about D'Angelo.

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Guest wrote:
merp wrote:
Looks like Labbe to NC. Yikes then about D'Angelo.
D'Angelo left for a Swedish club, smells like the CSA stepped in for Labbe.
But wasn't Rowland #1? Labbe any better?

-----------------
Reactions:

Post by ----------------- »

D'Angelo wasn't being played. For whatever reason, she had a bit of injury last season but it's been obvious that Riley hasn't been a fan for a while. She needs to go where she is going to get game time and that's not at the courage.

Labbe's going to the be the #1 for World Cup barring injury. For that reason, pretty happy she's going to be in a training environment with some pretty good players including some of the USA's top choices to keep her sharp going into this summer. If it was a CSA negotiation, it's a good one. But the CSA doesn't seem to give a shit about anything with the women's team, so maybe not that deep...

-------------------------
Reactions:

Post by ------------------------- »

Quinny to Paris FC.

No more Spirit thank the soccer gods

Reactions:

Post by ************************* »

Leon had a really good game for West Ham the other day. 2 goals and was a real force. Love seeing all these players getting good prep and playing time out of the NWS and in better training environments.

guest_guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by guest_guest_guest »

Waiting on paperwork?

guestadgasd
Reactions:

Post by guestadgasd »

Roster for Algarve this year.
D'Angelo looks to have little chance of making the WC.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-...62049-preview-1

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestadgasd wrote:Roster for Algarve this year.

When CSA 'forced' her to move from NC to be replace by Labbe you know she's not a priority. A bit shady.

Guestcanuk
Reactions:

Post by Guestcanuk »

Guest wrote:

When CSA 'forced' her to move from NC to be replace by Labbe you know she's not a priority. A bit shady.
My thoughts too. Shame though because I was expecting D'Angelo to be stepping up ready to be Canada's #1 for the next 10 yrs. I still think she's more talented than Sheridan but Sheridan had a good season last year while D'Angleo was parked on the bench for NC.

Algarve2019
Reactions:

Post by Algarve2019 »

Algarve Roster is out.

Canada Soccer Women's National Team 2019 Algarve Cup Roster
#1 GKStephanie Labbe, age 32, from Stony Plain, AB
#2 FB Allysha Chapman, age 30, from Courtice, ON/ Houston Dash (NWSL)
#3 CB Kadeisha Buchanan, age 23, from Brampton, ON/ Olympique Lyonnais (Division 1 Fminine France)
#4 CB Shelina Zadorsky, age 26, from London, ON/ Orlando Pride (NWSL)
#5 M Rebecca Quinn, age 23, from Toronto, ON/ Paris FC (Division 1 Fminine France)
#6 F Deanne Rose, age 19, from Alliston, ON/ University of Florida Gators (NCAA)
#7 M Julia Grosso, age 18, from Vancouver, BC / The University of Texas at Austin (NCAA)
#8 M Diana Matheson, age 34, from Oakville, ON/Utah Royals FC (NWSL)
#9 F Jordyn Huitema, age 17, from Chilliwack, BC / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite/ Canada Soccer Regional EXCEL Super Centre (British Columbia)
#10 FB Ashley Lawrence, age 23, from Caledon, ON/Paris Saint Germain (Division 1 Fminine France)
#11 M Desiree Scott, age 31, from Winnipeg, MB/ Utah Royals FC (NWSL)
#12 F Christine Sinclair ( C ), age 35, from Burnaby, BC/ Portland Thorns (NWSL)
#13 M Sophie Schmidt, age 30, from Abbotsford, BC
#14 M Gabrielle Carle, age 20, from Lvis, QC/Florida State University (NCAA)
#15 F Nichelle Prince, age 23, from Ajax, ON/ Houston Dash (NWSL)
#16 F Janine Beckie, age 24, from Highlands Ranch, CO/ Manchester City (FA Women's Super League)
#17 M Jessie Fleming, age 20, from London, ON/UCLA (NCAA)
#18 GK Erin McLeod, age 35, from St. Albert, AB/ Vxj DFF (Damallsvenskan)
#19 F Adriana Leon, age 26, from King City, ON/West Ham United FA Women's Super League)
#20 CB Shannon Woeller, age 29, from Vancouver, BC/ Eskilstuna United DFF (Damallsvenskan)
#21 GK Kailen Sheridan, age 23, from Whitby, ON/ Sky Blue FC (NWSL)
#22 FB Lindsay Agnew, age 23, from Kingston, ON/ Houston Dash (NWSL)
#24 FB/F Jenna Hellstrom, age 23, from Sudbury, ON/ KIF rebro (Damallsvenskan

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is McLeod even there instead of D'Angelo?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If she is healthy and good to go, obv McLeod is a better choice than D"Angelo for an altGK, Even as part of the GK Union, she would have more to offer in training, shared experience, etc. at a high level. She won't be a top performer anymore but still more to offer than Sabs.

Hamilton Game
Reactions:

Post by Hamilton Game »

Upcoming Home Match in Hamilton, Ontario
Following the away match against France, Canada will return home to play Olympic winners Germany, ranked second in the FIFA Women's World Rankings, in Hamilton, Ontario on 10 June 2018. Canada, the two-time Olympic Bronze Medal winners and ranked fifth in the world, will welcome the reigning Olympic Champions to Tim Hortons Field for the Sunday afternoon match (14.00 ET / 11.00 PT).

Individual tickets to the Canada v Germany match will go on sale to the public on Thursday 8 March at 10.00 ET / 07.00 PT via Ticketmaster.ca. The launch of ticket sales will be preceded by a 48-hour pre-sale for Canada Soccer Insiders. Tickets to the match start as low $20 (plus applicable fees) and fans will once again be able to take advantage of a 'Me+3' offer in select sections.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

This didn't happen

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen
Already happened

guestqwerty
Reactions:

Post by guestqwerty »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen
:blinkwide: That's exactly what happened. And right now there are 'paperwork' issues for Labbe's move to NC, methinks the Washington Spirit might be kicking up a fuss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestqwerty wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen
:blinkwide: That's exactly what happened. And right now there are 'paperwork' issues for Labbe's move to NC, methinks the Washington Spirit might be kicking up a fuss.
D'Agelos allocation was cut this season. Witch kinda makes sense considering she hasn't been a starter for 2 seasons. Without allocation, she takes up and international spot and NC was not going to keep her.

Normally everyone in this thread bitches about Canadians staying in the Nwsl to be a bench player; looks like the csa has changed its approach, no more funding if you don't play. Leon, dangelo ect.

guestcanuk
Reactions:

Post by guestcanuk »

Guest wrote:
guestqwerty wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen
D'Agelos allocation was cut this season. Witch kinda makes sense considering she hasn't been a starter for 2 seasons. Without allocation, she takes up and international spot and NC was not going to keep her.

Normally everyone in this thread bitches about Canadians staying in the Nwsl to be a bench player; looks like the csa has changed its approach, no more funding if you don't play. Leon, dangelo ect.
What? D'Angelo had left NC before the CSA announced their allocations for this season in the NWSL. She didn't lose allocation the CSA don't allocate players not in the NWSL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestcanuk wrote:
Guest wrote:
guestqwerty wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen

What? D'Angelo had left NC before the CSA announced their allocations for this season in the NWSL. She didn't lose allocation the CSA don't allocate players not in the NWSL.
Players and teams know who is getting nwsl allocation well before the lists are officially posted .

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

Guest wrote:
guestcanuk wrote:
Guest wrote:
guestqwerty wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen

Players and teams know who is getting nwsl allocation well before the lists are officially posted .
Now you're just making shit up.

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

Guest wrote:
guestqwerty wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This didn't happen

Not sure if it's not No Allocation if you don't play - they don't control that. Probably more on the player's part trying to make moves to get game time like Beckie to Man City an Quinny to Paris FC. The NWSL is not a good league right now if you are not on 1 of 3 or 4 good teams. Bad coaching, bad travel, poor training environments, living conditions that are to an athlete's detriment, poor physio...happy to see the Canada Soccer money leave the NWSL but hoping it follows the players and not goes into Herdman's pocket.

Re: D'Angelo - not like she's at the top of her game right now and getting moved. Labbe's been performing well, CSA is doing everything they can to let McLeod come back, Sheridan has been playing a lot. It happens. D'Angelo's back in if anyone gets injured. Good to be deep there - hope She is ready to be number 3 if called on.