Swedish Soccer Ladies

Guestsu
Reactions:

Re: Swedish Soccer Ladies

Post by Guestsu »

Poor Anna seems to be taking being left off the Euros squad hard. She’s deactivated all her social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestsu wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 04:13
Poor Anna seems to be taking being left off the Euros squad hard. She’s deactivated all her social media.
Damn hope she's fine :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aurora Galli and Nathalie Bjorn :wub: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 16:18
Guestsu wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 04:13
Damn hope she's fine :-/
da And let's hope the deactivation isn't related to something bad that happened in her personal life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 04:09
Aurora Galli and Nathalie Bjorn :wub: :heart:
They're cute.

Naths was put on our rainbow watchlist for good reasons. We thought she could be bi but it was just speculation at the time. Nothing more to go on than she pinged.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Frido's episode. Not geo-blocked and available until 12 May 2023.
After the dream move to FC Barcelona last summer, Fridolina Rolfö was rewarded with the Diamond Ball six months later. Johan Kücükaslan goes to Spain to get an insight into life as a player in one of the world's best clubs. A meeting about the successes and setbacks, where a concussion two years ago was close to putting an end to Rolfö's career.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 13:46

Frido's episode. Not geo-blocked and available until 12 May 2023.
After the dream move to FC Barcelona last summer, Fridolina Rolfö was rewarded with the Diamond Ball six months later. Johan Kücükaslan goes to Spain to get an insight into life as a player in one of the world's best clubs. A meeting about the successes and setbacks, where a concussion two years ago was close to putting an end to Rolfö's career.
Love Frido's magic on the pitch very much already. But, here's hoping she'll have her best form in her career so far, in these upcoming championships.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Training optional prep camp first day (72 photos).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've discovered some women's football pods in swedish about the league, our national team, players abroad. But they also talk about other leagues, foreign players, transfer rumours and growing the women's game in Sweden and globally. Sometimes they do player interviews. Got a lot of insights what's going on in the swedish women's football community that you won't read about in the papers, like youth football and how the academy teams do against foreign club's acadehmy teams.

Tutto Femme with one of the guys behind two of the biggest football pods, another guy and (reitred?) player Petronella Ekroth. She's done stints abroad at Juventus and Roma before she signed for Hammarby. She's been long time injured and I think she's working as a expert commentator for Viaplay. She brings the player perspective to the pod. Her mom is head coach for one of the youth national teams. The three hosts have actually watched the matches and players they talk about closely, and the in depth discussions they have at times are rather good. The pod seems to keep a extra good eye on Italy. This far I've only listened to the interviews with Seger, Sempan, Gerhardsson, Sofia, Stina and Frido but they were super interesting.

Femme Plus is sportbladet's revamped league pod. They focus more on international club football than they did before when the main focus was damallsvenskan and the national team. Hosts are journalists but they're the ones who are most often in the stands, attend press conferences and interview the players.

Other pods
In Hela vägen mot målet... med Hedvig Lindahl, she interviews her national team mates. This far she's spoken with Stina, Nilla and Elin Rubensson. I think episodes are released until september to begin with.

Vägen till Wembley is Fotbollskanalen's euro pod. I think it'll be weekly episodes from when the camp starts. Could be fun tidbits in there and maybe some player interviews.

For the football nerds there's Taktikpodden. They talk more than tactics with players and coaches though. You'll have to find the episodes that interests you, it's not only women's football.

Svensk Fotboll is the federation's pod. Basically everything football except about matches and players. There are good episodes and interviews in there. I think there's been one about mental health and one about women becoming coaches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Euro trip Frido https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/ ... let-med-em

Part I
Fridolina comes walking along the promenade at Castelldefels. A beach 25 kilometers south of the city center. The place is chosen by the football star herself. It's ten minutes from her and boyfriend Simon's apartment.
- If it's a nice sunny day, I like to go down here and hang out on the beach. Bathing, reading a book and yes, I like the place very much.

The 28-year-old comes directly from the club's training facility Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. One of the reasons why they live here and not more centrally is to avoid the traffic in the city to and from the training facility. She states she'd have liked spend even more time here, but with training during the day, it is mostly evening visits.
- Sometimes we bring a blanket with us and eat dinner and watch the sunsets. It's super cozy, she says. But if we're free one day, I can go here and sunbathe and swim. Once we get time off.

She says the last thing with a little laugh. She's already stated that this with freedom can't be counted as one of the benefits of the luxurious professional life. If it's not games, it's training.
- We train incredibly much so it'll be many hours at the club. In Germany it was maybe a little more that you trained short but hard while here it is longer and a lot. Then maybe it's not one hundred percent all the time but it'll be many hours on the pitch.

The times they've had several free days in a row since Rolfö moved here are easy to count. The days at the training facility are packed. It can be double training sessions with a joint lunch in between, video analyzes, fitness training and up- and down-winding in the outdoor gym. Unlike the time in Germany, the activity here in Barcelona is more individualized. The recovery is based, among other things, on the number of minutes played in the last match and the fitness training isn't as heavy. A key for Rolfö.

Her time in Germany was tough and the Swedish star suffered a whole series of injuries. Especially during her time in Bayern Munich.
- I trained my body down and it was stressful both mentally and physically. Then it wasn't as much "lull lull" as you might be used to in Sweden. It was more direct and it probably made you a little more tough-skinned. I see it mostly as a lesson.

But it was to become a professional in Germany that Rolfö dreamed of as a little girl in IFK Fjärås. After wining Olympic silver with Sweden in Rio and Swedish Championship gold with Linköping in 2016, she was off to the German big club Bayern Munich.
- It was a big challenge and I think it might not be the easiest step to choose Germany either but I felt there where I wanted to go and I dreamed of, she says and continues: But it's a different environment to be there. It's a tougher and harsher climate. I learnt so much during that time so I'm so glad I chose to go there.

How was it purely mentally to suffer one injury after another?
- Incredibly tough. It felt like I ended up in a vicious circle and I didn't get out of it. There was injury after injury after injury and I found no solutions to it so it was an incredibly tough period.

In the end, everything was put on its head. The season went into a decisive period with important games in both the league and the Champions League, where Bayern were in the quarterfinals, and they wanted their Swedish star.
- The coach asked me “I need you on the pitch. What can we do to prevent you from being injured? ”

By then, Rolfö had realized her body could not cope with the heavy load their strenuous double session on Wednesdays entailed. After the heavy gym session those days, her muscles were very sensitive.
- So I said on Wednesdays I need to readjust. I can't handle the load with two tough workouts, I kind of need to adjust it a bit during the week and he said okay, to my big surprise because you don't treat people in Germany differently but everyone should do the same.

But no one reacted to the striker having to adjust her schedule and after that she was injury free for the rest of the season.
- After that, I haven't really had such long injury periods anymore so it feels fantastic.

But it's not one of the repeated muscle injuries that's been the toughest blow.
- It's without a doubt my concussion. That's the worst thing I've been through. It was really, really hard.

It was in the Champions League final 2020 Rolfö, then in Wolfsburg, had to leave the pitch with a bruise and concussion. At first it was said it was a milder variant.
- The hit itself wasn't a problem. It was just that I didn't come back, it took so many weeks. I just lay in bed and couldn't get up. I couldn't even make breakfast for myself. Only the mental, to lie and stare at the ceiling. You aren't allowed to watch TV, you aren't allowed to watch your phone, you aren't allowed to do anything. And lie there week in, week out and feel shit. It was the hardest part, just having a headache and not being able to do anything about it.

It took a little more than two months before Rolfö was back on the pitch again, but even though it was stressful and heavy during that period, she was never afraid that she wouldn't be able to play again.
- No, I was not that far down but I knew I'd be fine, but I probably had a little worry, especially the time after. When I came back I was afraid of getting hit again. I wasn't in many duels that period. I'll be honest and say. So it was probably mostly the fear of getting it again.

It's been ten months since the call came. That from the agent who'd tell which clubs had shown interest after Rolfö decided to leave the German big club Wolfsburg and there was a club she was hoping for. When the agent said Barcelona had been in touch, she tells how she just screamed straight out. The boyfriend in the next room immediately understood what it was all about.
- It was quite honestly the club that was at the top of my wish list. It was where I wanted to play so when the call came it was just euphoria.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Part II
So what's the biggest difference between being a pro in Spain compared to Germany?
- The weather, haha. No, but there are two completely different ways to play football so just one such thing is a huge difference. And the clubs, how they work. There are many differences. But basically it's good clubs I've been to. They've a good structure, a good organization. So the basis is the same. Then there's the way of playing, the coaching staff and that whole bit is different but yes. There are many differences.

But one thing is the same. Fridolina Rolfö got her friend, the Norwegian midfielder, Ingrid Engen, with her to Barcelona.
- It's great fun to know that you've a close friend with you. I am super happy about it, said Rolfö in connection with the move.

Because when free time is given, the 28-year-old is happy to discover her new hometown together with her teammates or sambo. She likes to try new restaurants and stroll among shops and outdoor cafes in the city's winding alleys.
After a season in the Spanish big club, Rolfö has established herself, but she's done so in an unfamiliar position. The striker has been given the role of left back. When she gets a question from Sandra Baj, 10 years old, who plays in Rolfö's mother club IFK Fjärås about which position she likes the most, she finds it hard to answer.
- Oh no, this is difficult. I have played in quite a few different positions lately and I feel that it depends on which team I play in. For me it's difficult to say a position because it depends very much on which game system you have, which players are around you.

In Barcelona, on the other hand, she thrives in that role and feels that's something developing her. Although it was perhaps more nervous to step into that role against the big teams in the Champions League than in the big league wins.
- I feel a very great freedom there. At the same time, I get to develop my defensive game, which is something I'm not used to, but I still think it's a fun challenge that I'm constantly learning something from, she says and continues: In the national team, I've a little harder to say because it depends a bit on what it looks like. But I like to have a more central position there because I feel you get very involved in the game when you are central. So an offensive midfielder there.

What would you have thought if Gerhardsson then says that Fridolina today you are a left-back?
- Well, it can happen so… Yes, no but I want to be able to help the team and I want us to win games. If he thinks and sees that it's the best option, I won't say no. Then maybe I'll have a discussion with him I think I can contribute even more in the offense and I'll come more to my right in the offense in the team. But that'll be a discussion then.

Sweden enters this summer's Euro as one of the favorites.
- It's a special situation because we have often been a bit underdogs in championships. Now I don't know how others view us but we see ourselves as favorites. With all due respect to how well we've done in recent years in championships. This is something we need to be able to handle. We're so good that we should be able to handle the pressure coming from outside.

The words come from a player who's used to winning, in the league Barcelona haven't lost a single game this season. They've scored 159 goals and conceded 11.
- Of course it can sometimes when you meet weaker teams be it's tougher mentally as well because it's different and we score eight goals or something. But then, our coach is great at motivating us. We set intermediate goals for these games. A goal must be scored before a certain minute. It'll be a competition in the competition and I think that's made our team progress, she says.

In fact, they've only lost two matches since Rolfö came to Catalonia. The semi-final return against Wolfsburg and the final in the Champions League. So it's a revenge-hungry 28-year-old who'll wear the blue-yellow jersey this summer. With the sights set on Wembley 31 July.
- It'd have been incredibly cool. I'd have loved to play that. Against Spain in a final. It'd have been really, really cool.

And when 10-year-old Ronja from IFK Fjärås asks how Rolfö thinks it'll go in the Euro, there's a straight answer.
- We've a fairly clear goal. Something we outwardly said and now it's time to win something, because we know we're that good. We know we've been so good in recent tournaments so it feels like a reasonable goal. We'll win the Euro, that's the goal, the 28-year-old replies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The fact boxes to Frido's interview.
FRIDOLINA ROLFÖ ABOUT PROFESSIONAL LIFE:

What is the best thing about living in Barcelona?
One thing. It is difficult to choose one but to be close to a fantastic city and be able to enjoy the sun.

How "luxurious" is life as a football professional in Europe compared to in the Allsvenskan?
Now it was so many years since I played in Sweden so I do not know how luxurious it is in Sweden. A lot may have happened. But my life was not so luxurious when I played in Sweden. Then I worked at a bank at 50 percent and ran to training. So compared to that, it is very luxurious because now I can 100 percent bet on my football.

What is it that feels most luxurious then to be a professional in Barcelona?
Never thought of. What is the most luxurious? What exactly is luxury? For me, it will be something that is luxurious. To have such fans who love to watch our matches. It's a real luxury for me. So to play in front of full stands is absolutely luxurious for me.

What kind of car do you drive?
Now I'm driving an Audi.

What do you spend your money on?
Food and experiences.

The most expensive you have bought?
An apartment if that counts, but I do not have it left anymore. Otherwise it is not much. I'm not that into gadgets.

How much do you earn?
I make good money being a women's football player. If you compare with men's players, it is on a very different level, but I manage well and feel that I can save a lot of money and have a good time after my career. Then I need to work right after my career but I feel that I feel incredibly good and I do not need to make more money than I really do.

How nice is it to have that feeling and that security?
It's incredibly nice. Then I think maybe many people think more about the fact that I have to secure my future and the whole bit, but for me it feels like a security. Absolutely, I could have earned more to secure more of my future but to be here and now I feel like I can enjoy everything I want in life. I can do what I want. I can save money and live a very good life so I'm very happy about that.

Fridolina Rolfö's five Barcelona tips

Castelldefels beach
There is a beach in Barcelona city but this is a beach that is not as touristy. There are a few more locals hanging out here. It is very long, very nice and there are nice restaurants around here.

Brasseriet El Nacional
You could say it's like a dining hall. It is glazed and looks almost like an old market hall. Very, very nice. In the middle there is a long bar and then there are restaurants that surround this bar. There is fish restaurant, meat restaurant, tapas restaurant. I like the atmosphere in there. If you are in town and shopping, it is nearby but still a bit secluded.

The El Born area
There are some next to the old town that I like very much. There are cozy little alleys, nice streets. You can either have coffee, cook dinner or just stroll around in lots of small boutiques. Cozy area!

Mocco Art Museum
I think it's fun to see things of the city and I like art. That museum is amazingly good. They have a little feminist sting on it. They suggest that there should be a lot of female artists, for example. I like that museum very much and have a lot of art, or posters, from it at home. If you are interested in such things, I would recommend it.

The Bunkers lookout point
Next to Parc Güell, which is very famous, on the same mountain there is a lookout point. There is another lookout point that is further away but then you get so far from town. Bunkers are located on a plateau that is quite close to town so you can see the beach and the buildings below. Very cozy. It's amazing to see the sunset from there. There are a lot of young people who hang out there and drink, but apart from them, it is very mixed with people. Also a bit more local place than it is a tourist place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sofia's episode. Not geo-blocked and available until 12 May 2023.
After a tough autumn in Bayern Munich, Sofia Jakobsson chose to break the contract to try her luck in the USA. Meet her in her new hometown San Diego as she prepares for a championship where her previously given place in a Swedish starting eleven is increasingly in question. Johan Kücükaslan meets her after the home debut for the new club and takes her on a horseback ride in the California desert.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New Frido interview https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/ ... aka-i-vag/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Came with two video clips.
https://www.expressen.se/tv/sport/fotbo ... n-bestick/
https://www.expressen.se/tv/sport/fotbo ... et-har-da/

Frido photos from the interview.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nadim explaining herself to the press in NT camp.

https://sport.tv2.dk/fodbold/2022-06-20 ... -fleste-pa

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 06:36

P also made a statement as captain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Icymi

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sweden traning June 20 (136 photos)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sweden training June 21 (104 photos)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Convincing performance by her today!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A Sportbladet journo gave Sweden's player hotel a personal up and close inspection :lol: Full length clip featuring an English hotel tour guide plus thoughts, reviews and photos in article https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/ ... otbolls-em

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfeHi33ldkF/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 22:18
Guest wrote:

Convincing performance by her today!
da Yeah she did good against Brazil coming off the bench. Seems like she's maybe not ready to start and play for 90 min just yet. She hasn't been back on the pitch long. The clip of when the team celebrated her cap #100 was sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

who are the lgbtq swedish players in this soccer team in Euro 2022?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jul 2022, 03:08
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 20:41
Guest wrote:
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk
so its official, olivia and caroline are together?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 10:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk
Not official but Olivia's sisters have public instagrams and you could see them cuddling in the background of one of the videos from a family event. Some of them were singing and Seger was snuggled up holding Olivia from behind, it was cute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

👀 👀 👀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 16:16
lol she's fucking cute and cool at the same time. wish i could find a gf/wife like her :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People close to P talking about what kind of person she is, including Magda: https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/em-kv ... eldrene-og

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 02:54
Guest wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 10:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk
Not official but Olivia's sisters have public instagrams and you could see them cuddling in the background of one of the videos from a family event. Some of them were singing and Seger was snuggled up holding Olivia from behind, it was cute.
When was this video? Can’t believe I missed it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seger and Schough at Olivia's family party a couple weeks ago:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNusFQbK/?k=1

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk
Is Jonna a lesbian

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jul 2022, 10:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Seger
Lindahl
Björn
Schough
Angeldahl
Sembrant
Eriksson
Hurtig
Kullberg
Falk
Is Jonna a lesbian
She mentioned a boyfriend in an old interview (like 5 or 6 years ago) so if anything she’s bi but she’s very private so i don’t know. I’ve never seen her linked with a woman, I personally think she’s probably straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

who is sembrandt with? sorry, new here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 12:22
Lisa Boattin, her Juventus teammate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 12:50
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 12:22
Lisa Boattin, her Juventus teammate.
Adorbs :love:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yes, Sembrant-Boattin and Bjorn-Galli are really two very beautiful couples 😍

Anonnn980
Reactions:

Post by Anonnn980 »

What about Zecira?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any gossip on Hurtig? Why isn't she mentioned much in this thread?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 16:05
Any gossip on Hurtig? Why isn't she mentioned much in this thread?
She’d be mentioned a lot more if she was single or dating around, she’s model gorgeous and seems very cool. But she’s happily married with a cute kid, they seem very sweet and domestic but somewhat private, there’s not much to gossip about!