Women's College Basketball

Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

Post by Guest »

She seems to be friends with lots of players.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5EwCXDr8B7/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2024 March Madness women's TV times and schedule (all times ET)

Friday, March 29 — Sweet 16

(2) Notre Dame vs. (3) Oregon State | 2:30 p.m. | ESPN

(1) South Carolina vs. (4) Indiana | 5 p.m. | ESPN

(2) Stanford vs. (3) NC State | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN

(1) Texas vs. (4) Gonzaga | 10 p.m. | ESPN

Saturday, March 30 — Sweet 16

(3) LSU vs. (2) UCLA | 1 p.m. | ABC

(1) Iowa vs. (5) Colorado | 3:30 p.m. | ABC

(1) Southern California vs. (5) Baylor | 5:30 p.m. | ESPN

(3) UConn vs. (7) Duke | 8 p.m. | ESPN

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 15:04
Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 14:35
Wow the Clark vs Bueckers debates have really ignited in the last couple days
The funny thing is this was all ignited by Geno’s comments praising Paige. Is he also supposed to kiss Clark’s ass?
I mean he didn’t have to kiss Clark’s ass, and of course every coach is going to say then have the player, but he lied. He said the stat sheet says she’s the best - that’s just not true. He’s purposefully saying that Clark is only getting praise because she’s famous and that’s simply not true

Also everyone lost their shit for Bluder directly answering a question as to why CC is better than Aliyah, so not sure why Geno shouldn’t face criticism for saying this shit completely unprovoked

Also for whoever said Clark had the better season but Paige the better month, that’s simply untrue. Paige has just played much easier opponents and had to do less carrying. Clark’s last month stats are still better than hers except for efficiency, which is understandable when you’re shooting more threes than twos (Paige went I think 0-5 from three her last game), and you’re the sole focus of defenses bc nobody else on your team can hit a shot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The funny thing is this was all ignited by Geno’s comments praising Paige. Is he also supposed to kiss Clark’s ass?
da
Isn't he also the person most responsible for people thinking Paige wasn't the "best player in the country" by playing her our of position and not allowing Paige (and every other GREAT player he's EVER coached) to average more than 20 points? You take the best high school PG in the country and play her everywhere but PG?
This playing out of position thing is blown out of proportion. First of all, she wasn’t the best high school PG. She and Clark went back and forth at #1 all throughout high school. Second of all, she’s clearly more of a SG than a PG. If you watch UConn play they run so many set plays it’s not like the PG is fully running the offense, Paige would be doing what she’s doing now which is looking for her shot at any position. Geno’s said she’s only playing the 4 on the defensive end

I feel like it’s clear to see how they’ll be in the WNBA - Paige will be a midrange shooter and Clark will be a facilitator and three point shooter, like they are now. I guess some might prefer the first but I’m not sure why

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 11:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I mean he didn’t have to kiss Clark’s ass, and of course every coach is going to say then have the player, but he lied. He said the stat sheet says she’s the best - that’s just not true. He’s purposefully saying that Clark is only getting praise because she’s famous and that’s simply not true

Also everyone lost their shit for Bluder directly answering a question as to why CC is better than Aliyah, so not sure why Geno shouldn’t face criticism for saying this shit completely unprovoked

Also for whoever said Clark had the better season but Paige the better month, that’s simply untrue. Paige has just played much easier opponents and had to do less carrying. Clark’s last month stats are still better than hers except for efficiency, which is understandable when you’re shooting more threes than twos (Paige went I think 0-5 from three her last game), and you’re the sole focus of defenses bc nobody else on your team can hit a shot
Way to get worked up over nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 01:24

She seems to be friends with lots of players.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5EwCXDr8B7/
'Lesbians at VT are forever changed'
lol I guess Georgia is a player.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 11:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Clark fans aren't exactly known for being reasonable or normal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Clark is my fave but it’s fair to say she hasn’t been playing her best for the last month or so. Definitely in a shooting slump since the Big Ten tourney, aside from the second half of the Nebraska game where she went off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 16:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Lmao
Trying to tell Clark fans she isn’t the top player ever in women’s college basketball is always a trip. For the record the top are in no particular order are Stewie, Candace, Maya Moore, DT, Holdslcaw, and Cheryl Miller.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 17:48
Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 16:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
Lmao
Trying to tell Clark fans she isn’t the top player ever in women’s college basketball is always a trip. For the record the top are in no particular order are Stewie, Candace, Maya Moore, DT, Holdslcaw, and Cheryl Miller.
DA yeah I agree. Stewie was other worldly good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 11:23
Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Isn't he also the person most responsible for people thinking Paige wasn't the "best player in the country" by playing her our of position and not allowing Paige (and every other GREAT player he's EVER coached) to average more than 20 points? You take the best high school PG in the country and play her everywhere but PG?
This playing out of position thing is blown out of proportion. First of all, she wasn’t the best high school PG. She and Clark went back and forth at #1 all throughout high school. Second of all, she’s clearly more of a SG than a PG. If you watch UConn play they run so many set plays it’s not like the PG is fully running the offense, Paige would be doing what she’s doing now which is looking for her shot at any position. Geno’s said she’s only playing the 4 on the defensive end

I feel like it’s clear to see how they’ll be in the WNBA - Paige will be a midrange shooter and Clark will be a facilitator and three point shooter, like they are now. I guess some might prefer the first but I’m not sure why
Paige is not gonna be only midrange shooter, she has more to her game than that. She does defend a lot and steals and blocks at good rate for someone's who scores the most for her team. She does also make a lot of layups and floaters. She is very smart at choosing her shots, so she takes what works at every game, 3 pointer or 2 pointer, she doesn't keep forcing shot that don't work.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

4 point game, 26 seconds left in the 4th. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't sleep on the Beavers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 20:37
They turned the ball over 26 times, against SC that will cost them close to 30 points…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 20:40
Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 20:37
They turned the ball over 26 times, against SC that will cost them close to 30 points…
They will play better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Will today be upset day? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

South Carolina is so good it’s almost boring lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 21:29
South Carolina is so good it’s almost boring lol
It's a one possession game with 15 second to go. That's NOT boring.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Early dumb turnovers killed Indiana... travels and dribbling out of bounds... And they shot like shit in the 1st quarter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hidalgo nose ring situation is so wild, especially after one of the refs told her before the game that she was fine to wear it.

I would argue the long pointy nails some of these girls are wearing are more of an injury risk than a nose stud.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 00:29
Hidalgo nose ring situation is so wild, especially after one of the refs told her before the game that she was fine to wear it.

I would argue the long pointy nails some of these girls are wearing are more of an injury risk than a nose stud.
I don’t know how they can play with long nails. When I played the shorter the better because that crap hurts when the ball snags a nail back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stanford has to bench Lepolo. She's killing them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 01:04
More importantly how does Brink make it 4 years and not improve her situational awareness? Girl got her 4th and 5th fouls on horrible decisions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And Brink's college career ends with her fouling out with 8 minutes left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 01:28
Guest wrote:
More importantly how does Brink make it 4 years and not improve her situational awareness? Girl got her 4th and 5th fouls on horrible decisions.
The Queen of the North goes down.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 01:28
Guest wrote:
Her last foul against Iowa State was also dumb

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Horrible 3rd quarter.

THEY should recruit Amoore. Give Iriafen a competent playmaker to work with next year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How did they get this far with such bad guard play? In "the most competitive conference in the country" no less.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 01:53
How did they get this far with such bad guard play? In "the most competitive conference in the country" no less.
Unbalanced Pac-12 scheduling gave them a leeway to win the regular season title. Do they have any Freshman guards coming in next season? They're going to need it for the ACC. It's hard for them to get transfers because I believe Stanford doesn't accept Juniors/Seniors.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 01:59
Guest wrote:
Unbalanced Pac-12 scheduling gave them a leeway to win the regular season title. Do they have any Freshman guards coming in next season? They're going to need it for the ACC. It's hard for them to get transfers because I believe Stanford doesn't accept Juniors/Seniors.
https://wbbblog.com/stanford-womens-bas ... ecruiting/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Texas has to slow down and run some clock. Save yourselves for the next game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WTF? The girl's lying on the floor and her team mates just looked at her and walked away. :blinkwide:

Podcast
Reactions:

Post by Podcast »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 02:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Swain is good but given Stanford can’t use the portal like any other team at this level means the struggle is not going to get significantly better next year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 12:33
Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 02:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Swain is good but given Stanford can’t use the portal like any other team at this level means the struggle is not going to get significantly better next year.
True even before NIL they were already struggling with recruits maybe that's why they don't wanna let go Tara. At least with Tara she can recruit some blue chip even tho they will choke during big games lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My team ND's been knocked out of the tournament, but I'm still very excited to watch the rest of it. I only wish ABC would show all the games from the Elite 8 on towards the finals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

UCLA already getting hosed. Refs going to do everything to make it LSU vs. Iowa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You can't win by shooting 30%.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Atrocious shooting by UCLA and refs bailing out LSU down the stretch. Don't think I've ever disliked a college wbb team this much. I need Clark to regain her Sweet 16/Elite 8 form from last season please. I can't take another round of Mulkey in the Final Four.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 19:19
Atrocious shooting by UCLA and refs bailing out LSU down the stretch. Don't think I've ever disliked a college wbb team this much. I need Clark to regain her Sweet 16/Elite 8 form from last season please. I can't take another round of Mulkey in the Final Four.
Same. I was really hoping UCLA was going to knock them out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A link to Iowa - Colorado for someone outside the US pleaaaase ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 20:22
youtube Bf Shanto

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hate the way announcers or side line reporters harp on how much a girl grew up playing with boys as if that explains why she’s so good. Like she wouldn’t be where she is now and it’s thanks to playing with boys. It feels so sexist and biased.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gah, I don’t know if my nerves can handle an Iowa vs LSU game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 20:22
All the games are on Youtube. Just search the team you want to watch and filter the "live" results.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does Baylor always shoot this bad? They looking like UCLA today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stop playing Juju like she might pass.