Women's College Basketball

Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

Post by Guest »

We’ll be fine. Everyone always wondered how we would replace Angel, Shoni, Asia, Dana, etc. It’s concerning to me though that we couldn’t keep a star here who makes $, has ample playing time, plays in front of 10k every game in a NBA style arena, and is beloved by the community. Also in the mix for final fours every year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe HVL joins Brink at Stanford since they need guards.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 15:27
Maybe HVL joins Brink at Stanford since they need guards.
Make sense but transferring to stanford is not easy. Especially grad school don't really care if you're a star athlete or not. But Lville anon said HVL is a smart cookie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol @ #3

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was probably some jealousy in there with teammates as well. Girl has a big brand. From people I know, she never really hung out with the team outside of required events and some subtle digs have been thrown her way by some. She was only really close with Engstler and Merissah Russell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 15:03
Kim Mulkey's witchcraft on the fritz. Should have sacrifices more chickens and human toenails tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting tweets by current Louisville players. Me thinks they aren’t too sad about it. It doesn’t really sit right with me she told coach on a zoom call while he was on vacation. Maybe what I’ve heard is true.

My guess is LSU or another adidas school. I would have said no to Stanford, but she would be a grad student. I know they don’t take transfers after their sophomore year (which is why the portal is hard for them to navigate).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 15:53
Interesting tweets by current Louisville players. Me thinks they aren’t too sad about it. It doesn’t really sit right with me she told coach on a zoom call while he was on vacation. Maybe what I’ve heard is true.

My guess is LSU or another adidas school. I would have said no to Stanford, but she would be a grad student. I know they don’t take transfers after their sophomore year (which is why the portal is hard for them to navigate).
I know that you're sad but no need to do vilify her for transferring as a grad student

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 16:04
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 15:53

I know that you're sad but no need to do vilify her for transferring as a grad student
I’m not lol It’s not a big surprise tbh and has been rumored for awhile and was even said by an assistant coach. Just saying what I’ve seen. They won without her before and will again. But she kinda was all about herself and her brand. It is what it is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I guess they knew HVL was leaving and got Jayda Curry as her replacement. :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 16:32
I guess they knew HVL was leaving and got Jayda Curry as her replacement. :hmmm:
Yes. She graduated and probably wants to go back closer to home. No fault with that. Now I’m curious to see who from the portal who is willing to come here. Instant playing time available in a top conference and arena.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 14:40
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 14:36
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 13:45
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 13:21
Dang some insiders in the Louisville fandom were hinting at HVL leaving, but I’m still rather shocked. She was a big star here and has massive NIL deals.
Any hint of where she’s going? Another tweet said she’s already made a decision.
She’s graduating early in May. Also has also has a do not contact on her name so yeah she knows where she is going. Someone talked to one of the assistant coaches a while ago and said she really wants to win a championship and they wouldn’t be surprised if she left so she’s most likely ring chasing. Outside of three teams maybe, a sure fire title isn’t a thing anymore in wbb.
is she actually a diligent/good student or did she get a filler degree that could be finished in three years?
She is. She made some academic lists. Believe her degree is in Finance and she has mentioned wanting to get her MBA while playing in the WNBA (lol I think she’s too small and too streaky to make it there but maybe it’s my sour grapes lol).
well Stanford obviously has a great MBA program but I don’t think they care about star athletes. if she doesn’t make it in the WNBA at least she will get all the SV VC connections.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 18:19
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 14:40
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 14:36
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 14:03
Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 13:45

Any hint of where she’s going? Another tweet said she’s already made a decision.
She’s graduating early in May. Also has also has a do not contact on her name so yeah she knows where she is going. Someone talked to one of the assistant coaches a while ago and said she really wants to win a championship and they wouldn’t be surprised if she left so she’s most likely ring chasing. Outside of three teams maybe, a sure fire title isn’t a thing anymore in wbb.
is she actually a diligent/good student or did she get a filler degree that could be finished in three years?
She is. She made some academic lists. Believe her degree is in Finance and she has mentioned wanting to get her MBA while playing in the WNBA (lol I think she’s too small and too streaky to make it there but maybe it’s my sour grapes lol).
well Stanford obviously has a great MBA program but I don’t think they care about star athletes. if she doesn’t make it in the WNBA at least she will get all the SV VC connections.
Seems like the possible reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It cracks me up when fans of teams tag coaches when someone enters the portal. You don’t think they know? Also, why do Iowa and Tennessee fans think they’re getting even transfer lol AFAIK Iowa only has one spot left, right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Re-live the final season of HVL as a Cardinal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sedona Prince to TCU. She’s always been a bit disappointing to me. So soft a for a player her size.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think the men’s team being so awful has put the entire Louisville fan base on edge. I had to take a break from Twitter. It’s meltdown city on there. Word is there are several recruits visiting this weekend/next week so hopefully it will calm folks down once there is a commit. There’s a few I really want, but trying to stay reasonable.

Wish there was as much interest for wbb transfers as for the men. On the men’s side they are always open about who has contacted which players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Hailey Van Lith transfer to Iowa the internet will break

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can’t believe there’s still nowhere to buy an “official” Clark jersey. There’s some sketchy Hawkeyes shop website but that’s it.

TitaHooper
Reactions:

Post by TitaHooper »

First time I’ve posted here but just wanted to chime in because I’ve followed some of these girls since high school as someone who loves basketball and used to play abroad in college (I’ve followed Bueckers, Fudd, Brink, Van Lith, and Clark who were all Olympics teammates over the years since their high school days) and I went to see a couple of Elite 8 games and the final in Dallas most recently in person. I had really good seats a few seats behind the team’s benches so I had a good view of every game.

I watched Iowa beat Louisville in Seattle (you can tell Van Lith wasn’t that close to her teammates unlike Clark who is close to her teammates or has better rapport) and saw Virginia Tech beat OSU (Georgia Amoore is really cute and has major swag). Everyone (fans of Iowa, LSU, or any other team that didn’t make it mostly Virginia Tech and other just plain hoops fans) thought the refs in the final were awful. We were all confused by Clark’s technical and still have no idea what happened but the refs really messed up the flow of the game and were excessive with the fouls plus let Mulkey walk all over them.

Reese is hella annoying in person, I think she just wants all the attention and is jealous of Clark. Morris is cool and underrated PG. LSU’s hot scoring bench carried the team with Morris leadership. I stayed at the same hotel as Iowa so I ran into the players a lot in the lobby, elevator, and even saw Clark alone looking bummed by the pool deck area after the game lying down looking through her phone. The day after I saw her by the bar close to the hotel lobby and she is hot in a magnetic energy kind of way in person. Czizano is the sweetest and is probably one of us based on the queer icons she follows and the vibes I got from her. Holly and this other girl I can’t remember the name but one of the bigs I chatted with in the elevator were cool and nice and told me what floor they were on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TitaHooper wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 21:22
First time I’ve posted here but just wanted to chime in because I’ve followed some of these girls since high school as someone who loves basketball and used to play abroad in college (I’ve followed Bueckers, Fudd, Brink, Van Lith, and Clark who were all Olympics teammates over the years since their high school days) and I went to see a couple of Elite 8 games and the final in Dallas most recently in person. I had really good seats a few seats behind the team’s benches so I had a good view of every game.

I watched Iowa beat Louisville in Seattle (you can tell Van Lith wasn’t that close to her teammates unlike Clark who is close to her teammates or has better rapport) and saw Virginia Tech beat OSU (Georgia Amoore is really cute and has major swag). Everyone (fans of Iowa, LSU, or any other team that didn’t make it mostly Virginia Tech and other just plain hoops fans) thought the refs in the final were awful. We were all confused by Clark’s technical and still have no idea what happened but the refs really messed up the flow of the game and were excessive with the fouls plus let Mulkey walk all over them.

Reese is hella annoying in person, I think she just wants all the attention and is jealous of Clark. Morris is cool and underrated PG. LSU’s hot scoring bench carried the team with Morris leadership. I stayed at the same hotel as Iowa so I ran into the players a lot in the lobby, elevator, and even saw Clark alone looking bummed by the pool deck area after the game lying down looking through her phone. The day after I saw her by the bar close to the hotel lobby and she is hot in a magnetic energy kind of way in person. Czizano is the sweetest and is probably one of us based on the queer icons she follows and the vibes I got from her. Holly and this other girl I can’t remember the name but one of the bigs I chatted with in the elevator were cool and nice and told me what floor they were on.
I will forever wonder ~what if~ on how that game would have gone if that technical doesn’t get called. That single play killed all the momentum Iowa had and gave their two best players their 4th fouls (obviously Czinano still would’ve had 4, but not Clark). LSU still probably would have won but the 4th quarter might’ve been a whole different ball game if Clark doesn’t go into it with 4 fouls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 21:12
Does Iowa even have an MBA program?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
lol I don't think they want to be in the same team

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 22:23
Guest wrote:
Does Iowa even have an MBA program?
Tippie is a good business school https://tippie.uiowa.edu/
Clark is a marketing major there. still think she is definitely not going to Iowa though. it does not make any sense. a post player makes a lot more sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TitaHooper wrote:

We already figured that out from their tiktoks lol I guess CC don't give any vibes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

my pac12 teams :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 22:32
Guest wrote:
lol I don't think they want to be in the same team
Yeah, I don't see it. Hailey is going to want her 20+ shots a game. She's probably going back west (maybe Stanford or UCLA as she took an official there), LSU, or another Adidas school (Sam Purcell is now coach at Miss St and he recruited her at L'ville and they are Adidas). Do not get why people think she's going to Iowa or even UCONN. Now that I remember, she had a pretty emotional response to Sam leaving and was very close with him.

Getting hit with the sudden realization we're probably going to be in rebuilding mode next year unless we land some more of the big names in the portal and then just hope some '24 studs commit. Still excited for Curry. Her stats seem on par with Hailey's, but is probably less streaky. It's still baffling me they didn't get anyone in the '23 class and I believe offered about 25 players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Also, another little tidbit is Payton Verhulst transferred because the staff wanted her to improve some things to earn more playing time so she just up and left after a few games this past season instead lol Kids today just don't want to work and take the easy way out.

I'm curious to see if any more big names transfer and where they land. I've read about Betts being SC bound, but wasn't she stuck behind Brink at Stanford? At SC she would be behind Cardoso next season and possibly the year after that if she takes the COVID year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 23:32
Also, another little tidbit is Payton Verhulst transferred because the staff wanted her to improve some things to earn more playing time so she just up and left after a few games this past season instead lol Kids today just don't want to work and take the easy way out.

I'm curious to see if any more big names transfer and where they land. I've read about Betts being SC bound, but wasn't she stuck behind Brink at Stanford? At SC she would be behind Cardoso next season and possibly the year after that if she takes the COVID year.
No offense to SC but if she really want playing time then she should just go to Iowa to be starter since they're not so different academically I think Iowa even have better rank. But idk Dawn magic maybe and Tara probably retiring

TitaHooper
Reactions:

Post by TitaHooper »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 22:38
TitaHooper wrote:

We already figured that out from their tiktoks lol I guess CC don't give any vibes?
CC reminded me of myself when I was closeted and played basked all for a Catholic university. I feel like she was checking me out when I was checking out of the hotel front desk tho but that could be wishful thinking. I think whatever little privacy she has she deserves and she’s smart to keep her love life or perhaps lack thereof away from the media and public. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ever came out as gay or bi tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TitaHooper wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 02:19
Guest wrote:
TitaHooper wrote:

CC reminded me of myself when I was closeted and played basked all for a Catholic university. I feel like she was checking me out when I was checking out of the hotel front desk tho but that could be wishful thinking. I think whatever little privacy she has she deserves and she’s smart to keep her love life or perhaps lack thereof away from the media and public. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ever came out as gay or bi tho.
Damn I would risk it all :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 21:20
Can’t believe there’s still nowhere to buy an “official” Clark jersey. There’s some sketchy Hawkeyes shop website but that’s it.
I think you can buy bball jersey and just custom it at the official website?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think I might cop the gold sweatshirt

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 03:16
TitaHooper wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 02:19
Guest wrote:
TitaHooper wrote:

Damn I would risk it all :mask:
Da lmao op probably way older than her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TitaHooper wrote:

I read on twitter that they made anonymous polling amongst the players and they picked Amoore as the most underrated player

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 03:50
Guest wrote:
The official Hawkeye Fan Shop custom jerseys don’t let you use current player/number combinations. They have a bunch of other player jerseys available but not Clark, wonder why.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 14:04
Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 03:50
Guest wrote:
The official Hawkeye Fan Shop custom jerseys don’t let you use current player/number combinations. They have a bunch of other player jerseys available but not Clark, wonder why.
Either nil negotiation or she's transferring to Oregon #plsgod

Lalala99
Reactions:

Post by Lalala99 »

I think CC is into girls because she recently followed Olivia Ponton (a model who is out about her love for women) and they liked each other’s most recent post.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lalala99 wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 14:28
I think CC is into girls because she recently followed Olivia Ponton (a model who is out about her love for women) and they liked each other’s most recent post.
Wait what's the connection between them? Did they meet recently?
Isn't Olivia with a dude now lol And plenty of my straight friends follow her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 14:54
Lalala99 wrote:
she has been doing a lot of follow backs recently since many people obviously started following her after March Madness. I have never heard of this person (probably too old to understand what she does).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is West coast the best coast for HVL?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's so weird seeing local media people being posted in here lol I'm guessing the announcement was postponed because of what happened here today. Just awful. I think I know who it is, and imo she'll be a solid piece to come off the bench.

Walz also stated there was someone taking a visit today and geez she was here when that all happened (he did the show before it went down). Also said some more visits are lined up next week. Really curious to see who he lands.

As for HVL, I'm still sticking to a Pac 12 team. LSU is still around the same amount of distance as it is from Washington to Louisville.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 17:10
Guest wrote:
Lalala99 wrote:
she has been doing a lot of follow backs recently since many people obviously started following her after March Madness. I have never heard of this person (probably too old to understand what she does).
Da she's openly bi influencer. Used to date a soccer player from ucla, that's how I knew her. Damn not cc already getting ig baddies groupie lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 22:00
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 17:10
Guest wrote:
Lalala99 wrote:
Da she's openly bi influencer. Used to date a soccer player from ucla, that's how I knew her. Damn not cc already getting ig baddies groupie lol
haha there's been a trend of footballers dating influencers/reality show people, and a debate as to whether it's better or worse than the previous norm of dating teammates. one recent Clark follow that was not a follow-back is Rapinoe since Rapinoe is still not following her. maybe she was reminded by the recent visit from Bird. i don't think any athlete followed is an indication on sexuality, but it is hopefully an indication that she is not the kind of Republican who loves Trump.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 20:41
Is West coast the best coast for HVL?

Everyone is leaving that sinking ship why would she wanna go there?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lalala99 wrote:
Lol Olivia only dated one girl in her lifetime and it's probably for clout benefits both of them.

Tati
Reactions:

Post by Tati »

Guest wrote:
Lalala99 wrote:
I don’t recall Olivia ever being with a dude but her last serious relationship was with a female Canadian soccer player and they met through Til Tom DM’s so I guess maybe CC and Olivia slid in each other’s DM’s cuz I don’t think they met in person her cuz Olivia is usually in New York if not in Paris or some fashion event abroad.