Women's College Basketball

Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 03:26
Drake really needs to stop ever mentioning sports teams. :mask:
I'm surprised he watches college hoops, seems more like a high school guy :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 04:01
Guest wrote:
I'm surprised he watches college hoops, seems more like a high school guy :nails:
da
Which team did he mention? Louisville?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 05:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
Which team did he mention? Louisville?
Texas (after the Maryland game)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 03:25
I think it was a pretty great final 4 all round. You had 1 nail biter, physical, high drama, lead changing game. 1 massive come back game. 1 blow out (no points in the final quarter, really Texas?). And 1 new blood vs new blood.
That Uconn Baylor game was so fire, I think the final will be pale in comparison.

ESPN will be praying for a Uconn v Stanford final just for Russel Wilson, Ciara, and Uconn fans lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

UConn/Stanford will be a good game. I think if it’s UConn /South Carolina that edwards and ONO bully aliyah Boston and they beat them by 15

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
burn. i'd :lol:, but it actually isn't funny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 14:17
Guest wrote:
I think it was a pretty great final 4 all round. You had 1 nail biter, physical, high drama, lead changing game. 1 massive come back game. 1 blow out (no points in the final quarter, really Texas?). And 1 new blood vs new blood.
That Uconn Baylor game was so fire, I think the final will be pale in comparison.

ESPN will be praying for a Uconn v Stanford final just for Russel Wilson, Ciara, and Uconn fans lol
Love how supportive they are but espn really milks it don't they :yawn: I mean after evvvvvery play

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh Canada
Reactions:

Post by Oh Canada »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 14:17
Guest wrote:

da My heart wants S. Carolina v Arizona, but I'll take any matchup and UConn v Stanford will bring ratings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Those who've looked at the transfer portal, did you see any Duke players there?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 20:13
https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2 ... ara-lawson

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Follow Raoul on Twitter. Keeps everything updated: https://wbbblog.com/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 01:25
Guest wrote:
Follow Raoul on Twitter. Keeps everything updated: https://wbbblog.com/
thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Louisville picking up a few nice transfers. Emily Engstler from Syracuse and Chelsie Hall from Vanderbilt. We had two spots open, so unless someone transfers, our roster is set. I wish we added more height because that was our downfall this year but alas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 23:41
Louisville picking up a few nice transfers. Emily Engstler from Syracuse and Chelsie Hall from Vanderbilt. We had two spots open, so unless someone transfers, our roster is set. I wish we added more height because that was our downfall this year but alas.
Any of those starters and is Hailey Van Lith taking over for Dana next year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 00:45
Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 23:41
Any of those starters and is Hailey Van Lith taking over for Dana next year?
I think it's highly possible either could start. Jeff likes to switch up the starting lineups a lot. Hailey will probably continue to play both guard spots like she did this year. I expect her to take on a more scoring role. She had a hand injury she struggled with most of the year, so hopefully she will be full strength next season. Dana is quite a loss, but we'll be fine. We should be more balanced instead of relying on her all the time which is something that bothered me all year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 23:04
This game is going to make me the most anxious. W/o Notre Dame in the tournament, I was feeling pretty neutral, but I admire Tara & her Nerds and also love Dawn. Gonna be a ball of nerves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So nervous

buyygvty
Reactions:

Post by buyygvty »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 22:08
So nervous
Who ya rooting for tonight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

buyygvty wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 22:27
Guest wrote:
So nervous
Stanford. But they've not done well against guard heavy teams like Oregon and SC. First half of the first quarter was all SC. Kiana showing signs of her first half against Louisville. Second half of the quarter, things were flipped. But I'm still not confident that Stanford are at 100%

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stanford's doing better now. Good game so far.

Nicttguni
Reactions:

Post by Nicttguni »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 22:39
buyygvty wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 22:27
Guest wrote:
So nervous
Stanford. But they've not done well against guard heavy teams like Oregon and SC. First half of the first quarter was all SC. Kiana showing signs of her first half against Louisville. Second half of the quarter, things were flipped. But I'm still not confident that Stanford are at 100%
Me too. Her forcing shots does hurt them but they’ve def gotten it together 2nd quarter. The amount of touch fouls have been annoying tho lol like I get not wanting to have the wrestling match of uconn/Baylor but still annoying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With Brink injured, limited to 2 mins per quarter. Belibi is being bullied in the post by Boston. At the end Stanford was playing their 4th string post but I think she's a decent 3 pt shooter so it seems like they've given up trying to get post points. I'm worried that Jones wore a jacket after her 2nd foul. I hope it's just Tara telling her she's sitting until the 3rd rather than injury

Crtvvgybu
Reactions:

Post by Crtvvgybu »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 23:05
With Brink injured, limited to 2 mins per quarter. Belibi is being bullied in the post by Boston. At the end Stanford was playing their 4th string post but I think she's a decent 3 pt shooter so it seems like they've given up trying to get post points. I'm worried that Jones wore a jacket after her 2nd foul. I hope it's just Tara telling her she's sitting until the 3rd rather than injury
Brink looks like she just got herself further injured and Fran just makes too many offensive mistakes and isn’t reliable on defense

Htghhjhj
Reactions:

Post by Htghhjhj »

Zia Cooke Haley Jones show. Ya love to see it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Holy shit that finish wow

Bghbhuj
Reactions:

Post by Bghbhuj »

Wow lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was so caught up in that last 10s that I forgot that it was only 10s and the buzzer was a giant shock

Nhuhu
Reactions:

Post by Nhuhu »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:19
I was so caught up in that last 10s that I forgot that it was only 10s and the buzzer was a giant shock
I actually felt sad looking at Boston there lol but she’ll get another shot. Hell yeah stanford tho 🌲

Guestbbhjbhujb
Reactions:

Post by Guestbbhjbhujb »

Who’s ready for that uconn Stanford championship? Also how freaking tall is Cameron brink??? Lmao that woman looks 9 foot tall and yet players continue to drive on her lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestbbhjbhujb wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:36
Who’s ready for that uconn Stanford championship? Also how freaking tall is Cameron brink??? Lmao that woman looks 9 foot tall and yet players continue to drive on her lol
Going to be a good game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I nagged on Jones last week for not living up to her potential but she really stepped up today especially in that first quarter where she shot all of Stanford's first 8 or so points and kept them in the game. Kiana never really got going and you could tell the team didn't have confidence in her with the 2 wide open looks at the end they ignored and instead went to Hull/Jones. I hope there's no argument over controversial calls like Uconn/Baylor. The refs kept switching from calling everything to calling nothing so there was no flow to the game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope they address the ref situation during the offseason. I watch a lot of SEC and ACC games and generally like the way they're called, so I know the pool of talent is sufficient.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:49
My blood pressure went high the last few minutes of the game. Wonderful game, but the officiating was once again subpar.

Haley Jones and Zia Cooke were so so good. Felt bad for Boston, but happy for Stanford.

I hope the snub on Arizona resonates so strongly with them that they have a monster game and pull off a big time upset. I’d love a PAC-12 Final.

Giest
Reactions:

Post by Giest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 01:01
I hope they address the ref situation during the offseason. I watch a lot of SEC and ACC games and generally like the way they're called, so I know the pool of talent is sufficient.
So I’ve watched mostly pac 12 games and big 10 games and the refs were all fine majority of the games during the season. Lexie hull clearly kicked the ball and they were inconsistent on both sides with fouls being called. I have no idea why the officiating has been so bad in these games now? This game, UConn/Baylor, Texas A&M and Troy, even Texas A&M and Iowa state. Refs should be able to call games when it’s close

Njinim
Reactions:

Post by Njinim »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:57
I nagged on Jones last week for not living up to her potential but she really stepped up today especially in that first quarter where she shot all of Stanford's first 8 or so points and kept them in the game. Kiana never really got going and you could tell the team didn't have confidence in her with the 2 wide open looks at the end they ignored and instead went to Hull/Jones. I hope there's no argument over controversial calls like Uconn/Baylor. The refs kept switching from calling everything to calling nothing so there was no flow to the game.
So if jones can keep up the scoring, kiana stops forcing shots, hull keeps playing scrappy and brink can play a full game with good defense I feel like they have a shot at winning. Also agreed with the anon who said a pac 12 final would be fire

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Njinim wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 01:12
Guest wrote:
So if jones can keep up the scoring, kiana stops forcing shots, hull keeps playing scrappy and brink can play a full game with good defense I feel like they have a shot at winning. Also agreed with the anon who said a pac 12 final would be fire
DA nah there's plenty of stanford az games every year. It's about time we see uconn stanford. Haley v Paige show. But if Brink still injured it's not gonna be a close game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Njinim wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was a little disappointed with Anna Wilson though. I know it's a difficult task to stop a hot scorer but she seems to struggle against good screens. There were way too many wide open shots, a fault of the zone and the double teaming. But Wilson has to do better if she's going against Bueckers. I do like how she managed to get those steals off the opponent's rebounds.

Huhkjhg
Reactions:

Post by Huhkjhg »

Like most people are saying I don’t see it even being close. Uconn is about to win by 20+. Geno vs Tara game? Now thats gonna get some traction

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Giest
Reactions:

Post by Giest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 01:26
Njinim wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was a little disappointed with Anna Wilson though. I know it's a difficult task to stop a hot scorer but she seems to struggle against good screens. There were way too many wide open shots, a fault of the zone and the double teaming. But Wilson has to do better if she's going against Bueckers. I do like how she managed to get those steals off the opponent's rebounds.
Yeah she was non-existent today really and the amount of times she got caught on screens and went under instead of over was kind of ridiculous

InbJ
Reactions:

Post by InbJ »

That would be crazy if Arizona wins