Women's College Basketball

Post Reply
Bghhnjk
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#451

Post by Bghhnjk »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:17
Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:49
Sksisjj wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:33

They’ll be favored bc of the media bias but next year will be a fun one. Stanford will most likely lose Williams and Wilson but have such a deep bench that they will be a contender still. Then you have SC, uconn, and Maryland
That Stanford deep bench don't have any good pg tho
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Yeah she needs to get stronger for sure. I mean there’s no way kiana would stay another year right?

Ggttyhhbb
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#452

Post by Ggttyhhbb »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:37
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:17
Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:49


That Stanford deep bench don't have any good pg tho
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Jones would be a Much better choice. Da
I think she plays too well off the ball and has too many turnovers for her to be a consistent PG

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#453

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:37
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:17
Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:49


That Stanford deep bench don't have any good pg tho
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Jones would be a Much better choice. Da
It's only an option if she gets better when dribbling under pressure. She's almost too tall for it. Need to take more 3's too if she's going to run plays. But she has amazing court vision and has great assists. Problem is she doesn't protect the ball well when she's looking up to run the play. That first half against Louisville when they FCP'ed and forced Williams to pass to Jones so she ran the play is when Stanford struggled the most

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#454

Post by Guest »

Bghhnjk wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:44
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:17
Odnehdh wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:49


That Stanford deep bench don't have any good pg tho
True. we’re gonna need Jana to step up. I’m not gonna be able to handle see jones carry up the ball lol love her but she turns the ball over too much. Anyone know if they have any good prospects coming in? I know uconn and SC are getting top players
They only have 1 PG coming in, #78. The others are all forwards. JVG is supposed to be the starting PG next season but from what I've seen in her conference play she has a lot of work to do this offseason. Easy to body off the ball, shooting can be more efficient, should be faster for a "short" PG. Tara might just have to go with a 3G 2F line up given all the talent she has for bigs.
Yeah she needs to get stronger for sure. I mean there’s no way kiana would stay another year right?
There's a chance if she's unsatisfied with her end of the season but this year the draft is so weak, she risks more by staying another year

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#455

Post by Guest »

Our Potus

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#456

Post by Guest »

The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021

Bhshwhu
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#457

Post by Bhshwhu »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
The thing with uconn is besides Azzi they’re not gonna be getting a lot of minutes. They’ll play the same players this year majority of the minutes in close games. I mean they’ll get some minutes when they’re in their shitty ass conference

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#458

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:57
Our Potus
Did Obama chose stanford or baylor to win ? I remember he got them for the final

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#459

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#460

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#461

Post by Guest »

#3 Saniya Rivers looks pretty good from her highlights on Youtube. A tall guard who can score and defend. SC is going to be tuff to stop next year.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#462

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#463

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#464

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
I was surprised and a little disappointed that Kara Lawson of Duke didn’t recruit any of the top 100 HS players. I wonder if shutting down the program this season lost them recruits. Players want to play. Ironically, I say that, but it was the Duke players who voted to shut down for the year. Kara let them make the decision.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#465

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
Yeah Stanford only recently started recruiting internationally. The first ever was Alanna Smith who went pro 2 years ago. They have another intl girl coming in next year but I don't know anything about her. Basketball in general is only just waking up to the fact that other countries are rising up to meet the US. I think the problem is that the really good intl kids go pro in their home countries and then can declare for the WNBA draft before 22.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#466

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:34
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54


Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?
Not really, but we might have made the Final Four. I’m happy we have Sedona Prince. Our biggest problem was too much youth. We had one returning Senior starter, Erin Boley. Our other starters were either Freshmen or new to our team. As good as Pao Pao is going to be, she didn’t feed the ball enough to Erin and Mikesell, our excellent outside shooters. Their early season shooting success disappeared by early January. Pao Pao was erratic. And our turnover issues haunted us from day 1. I am going to miss Boley so much. Sabrina knew how to use Erin’s shooting prowess effectively. That’s the thing with Freshman. You have to coach them up. But I have high hopes for next year, if we can evade the injuries bugaboo. Our defense was excellent most of the year. I think Kelly Graves is an excellent coach.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#467

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:53
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:34
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09


They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?
Not really, but we might have made the Final Four. I’m happy we have Sedona Prince. Our biggest problem was too much youth. We had one returning Senior starter, Erin Boley. Our other starters were either Freshmen or new to our team. As good as Pao Pao is going to be, she didn’t feed the ball enough to Erin and Mikesell, our excellent outside shooters. Their early season shooting success disappeared by early January. Pao Pao was erratic. And our turnover issues haunted us from day 1. I am going to miss Boley so much. Sabrina knew how to use Erin’s shooting prowess effectively. That’s the thing with Freshman. You have to coach them up. But I have high hopes for next year, if we can evade the injuries bugaboo. Our defense was excellent most of the year. I think Kelly Graves is an excellent coach.
Espn's just released "Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings" have the Ducks at #10 for next year.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... lina-looms

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#468

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:43
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54


Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
Yeah Stanford only recently started recruiting internationally. The first ever was Alanna Smith who went pro 2 years ago. They have another intl girl coming in next year but I don't know anything about her. Basketball in general is only just waking up to the fact that other countries are rising up to meet the US. I think the problem is that the really good intl kids go pro in their home countries and then can declare for the WNBA draft before 22.
That’s an excellent observation and makes a lot of sense why we keep seeing so many international players being drafted highly.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#469

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:10
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:53
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:34
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:29


I know my PAC-12 team, Oregon, is no where near the academic standards of Notre Dame and Stanford, but we recruit all over the world. We’ve gotten some real good players from Australia and Germany (the Sabally sisters). Washington State has the 2 Leger-Walker sisters from New Zealand that have turned their program around. People should think more globally, IMO.
da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?
Not really, but we might have made the Final Four. I’m happy we have Sedona Prince. Our biggest problem was too much youth. We had one returning Senior starter, Erin Boley. Our other starters were either Freshmen or new to our team. As good as Pao Pao is going to be, she didn’t feed the ball enough to Erin and Mikesell, our excellent outside shooters. Their early season shooting success disappeared by early January. Pao Pao was erratic. And our turnover issues haunted us from day 1. I am going to miss Boley so much. Sabrina knew how to use Erin’s shooting prowess effectively. That’s the thing with Freshman. You have to coach them up. But I have high hopes for next year, if we can evade the injuries bugaboo. Our defense was excellent most of the year. I think Kelly Graves is an excellent coach.
Espn's just released "Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings" have the Ducks at #10 for next year.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... lina-looms
Well 1 and 2 were no surprise. #10 seems reasonable for the Ducks. Wow, without Aari, they don’t even have Arizona in the Too 25. Do you think Dana will still go before Aari in the draft, after that fantastic showing by Aari the past 2 weeks? I have them neck and neck. Both overlooked due to their height. Big mistake. I thought Louisville would be above Baylor, but what do I know? I’d have Maryland over Stanford until the PG situation is clearer.

The team that they don’t have on the list, that I would - Washington State. Somewhere in the 20-25 range.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#470

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
They'll be scary as hell next season.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#471

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#472

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:38
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 02:57
Our Potus
Did Obama chose stanford or baylor to win ? I remember he got them for the final
Baylor, thanks Obama for the reverse jinx! Fun fact, Biden was actually at the 2010 natty in San Antonio when Stanford lost to Uconn.

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#473

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

:gaypimp:
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:48
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:09
The all 5 of top 5 (and 7 of the top 15) recruits are going to Uconn and SC. :nervous:

https://www.espn.com/high-school/girls- ... class/2021
Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.
Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#474

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:25
:gaypimp:
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:48
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 03:54


Looks like stanford only able to recruit kids from CA or west coast? I mean I know they won't win against uconn on recruiting no matter what.
They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.
Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#475

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:29
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:10
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:53
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:34

da
Do you think if you guys could've gotten the "local" kids Van Lith and Brink, you could've won the title this year?
Not really, but we might have made the Final Four. I’m happy we have Sedona Prince. Our biggest problem was too much youth. We had one returning Senior starter, Erin Boley. Our other starters were either Freshmen or new to our team. As good as Pao Pao is going to be, she didn’t feed the ball enough to Erin and Mikesell, our excellent outside shooters. Their early season shooting success disappeared by early January. Pao Pao was erratic. And our turnover issues haunted us from day 1. I am going to miss Boley so much. Sabrina knew how to use Erin’s shooting prowess effectively. That’s the thing with Freshman. You have to coach them up. But I have high hopes for next year, if we can evade the injuries bugaboo. Our defense was excellent most of the year. I think Kelly Graves is an excellent coach.
Espn's just released "Way-Too-Early Top 25 rankings" have the Ducks at #10 for next year.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... lina-looms
Well 1 and 2 were no surprise. #10 seems reasonable for the Ducks. Wow, without Aari, they don’t even have Arizona in the Too 25. Do you think Dana will still go before Aari in the draft, after that fantastic showing by Aari the past 2 weeks? I have them neck and neck. Both overlooked due to their height. Big mistake. I thought Louisville would be above Baylor, but what do I know? I’d have Maryland over Stanford until the PG situation is clearer.

The team that they don’t have on the list, that I would - Washington State. Somewhere in the 20-25 range.
Dana is usually a more efficient scorer than Aari except this post-season. Aari shot poorly during the season but got hot in the tournament until the last game. I think most teams would pick Dana ahead of Aari.

I don't think Iowa is a top 10 team. Poor defense and no secondary playmaker.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#476

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:40
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:25
:gaypimp:
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:48
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 04:09


They probably lose more recruits to Notre Dame since it's another great academic-athletic school and has had more success than Stanford in recent years. But with the rise of GSW and LA becoming a basketball city again I think more east coast kids will consider coming to Stanford/UCLA. I heard Brink chose Stanford because of Curry being nearby
Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.
Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did
da
To draw a crowd you need a dominant player. Stanford wbb doesn't have that.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#477

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:40
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:25
:gaypimp:
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:48


Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.
Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did
da
To draw a crowd you need a dominant player. Stanford wbb doesn't have that.
Da no it's not that. Stanford have a small undergrad population. I think only a couple thousands? The community around them is also not that lively. That's why even their football game or mbb never packed either.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#478

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:40
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:25
:gaypimp:
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 05:48


Another thing, stanford don't have fans lol. Maples probably only filled quarter max with most of them old people during game day.
Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did
da
To draw a crowd you need a dominant player. Stanford wbb doesn't have that.
That's not enough, even Katie Ledecky couldn't fill out the swimming arena. You take a really small student body plus a local population who are mostly out of state 1%ers. The sports culture just isn't there, especially with the students who are so used to being surrounded by Olympians. Stanford knows this in recruiting, they always get players who buy into the team and don't care about popularity and IG followers.

User avatar
xOpalx
Member
Reactions: 0
Posts: 77
Joined: 06 Jan 2019, 07:19

Re: Women's College Basketball

#479

Post by xOpalx »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 08:02
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:40
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:25
:gaypimp:

Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did
da
To draw a crowd you need a dominant player. Stanford wbb doesn't have that.
That's not enough, even Katie Ledecky couldn't fill out the swimming arena. You take a really small student body plus a local population who are mostly out of state 1%ers. The sports culture just isn't there, especially with the students who are so used to being surrounded by Olympians. Stanford knows this in recruiting, they always get players who buy into the team and don't care about popularity and IG followers.
DA another Stanford Cardinal fan here, and I agree 100%. During the Andrew Luck era Stanford Stadium was being filled, but that's hard to come by. The women's volleyball program is the winningest wvb program ever & has won 3 out of the last 4 championships, yet their crowd pales in comparison to the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who are no slouches either, just not as successful. Despite having arguably the most successful athletics program in all of the NCAA, Stanford is first & foremost known for its academics & ties to Silicon Valley... Sports is meh... Being in the "Stanford Bubble" certainly doesn't help either since it can be quite isolating.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#480

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 08:02
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:55
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:40
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 06:25
:gaypimp:

Do you mean regular seasons without Covid? That's crazy. When Sabrina was at Oregon, we actually out drew the MBB team by her senior year. I tried to get a ticket when my boss finally okayed a day off. They were sold out. And it wasn't against the top tier teams, so I was sure I could pick up a ticket. Nope.

Stanford is always an excellent team. Why wouldn't they be supported? Scratches my head.
Well it's hard to get the students to care about sports, they barely care about football. Plus they have too many sports where they're really good in so just being national champions won't get a crazy turnout. I'm a Stanford wbb fan by way of wvb and wsoc and they have even worse attendance. The only thing I can see drawing a crowd is something going viral like the way UCLA gymnastics did
da
To draw a crowd you need a dominant player. Stanford wbb doesn't have that.
That's not enough, even Katie Ledecky couldn't fill out the swimming arena. You take a really small student body plus a local population who are mostly out of state 1%ers. The sports culture just isn't there, especially with the students who are so used to being surrounded by Olympians. Stanford knows this in recruiting, they always get players who buy into the team and don't care about popularity and IG followers.
Ledecky brought crowds on swim meets outside stanford tho lol. I guess it's just apathetic bay area/california in general

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#481

Post by Guest »


Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#482

Post by Guest »

I think it's actually a good thing for them being away from distractions, because even in pandemic college kids will find a way to throw parties at their dorms.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#483

Post by Guest »


Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#484

Post by Guest »

What's the Arizona coach's story

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#485

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 21:12
What's the Arizona coach's story
Like what? She's fam or nah?

Btw are the college bball players now lotta straighter or what?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#486

Post by Guest »

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Arizona's coach Adia Barnes is fine asf

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#487

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 01:40
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Arizona's coach Adia Barnes is fine asf
You’re not, but she’s so straight married mom I can’t see anything more.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#488

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 01:46
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 01:40
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Arizona's coach Adia Barnes is fine asf
You’re not, but she’s so straight married mom I can’t see anything more.
I know she's as straight as a line but when I was watching their games I just kept thinking damn she's fine

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#489

Post by Guest »

Alright, Tara and her Nerds will be back in the Final Four next year.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#490

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 14:09
Alright, Tara and her Nerds will be back in the Final Four next year.
like getting a pg?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#491

Post by Guest »

aari mcdonald is so cute

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#492

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 14:39
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 14:09
Alright, Tara and her Nerds will be back in the Final Four next year.
like getting a pg?
Especially now that Williams declaring for the draft, which is no surprise

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#493

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Great news for us WBB fans.


Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#494

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 22:59
Great news for us WBB fans.

Not having the same old teams every year also probably help with the ratings

Wayhaughtshipper18
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#495

Post by Wayhaughtshipper18 »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 23:54
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 22:59
Great news for us WBB fans.

Not having the same old teams every year also probably help with the ratings
Hopefully, you’re right, and it doesn’t settle back into UConn and a few other contenders (SC, Baylor, etc). We thrive if parity and great players go multiple places. That’s what builds our sport and brings in new fans.

That is why I am such a big fan of Tara and her Stanford team, even though my heart is with my Ducks. For 30+ years, Stanford has been the WBB standard bearer out West. But our sport wasn’t doing very well in the PAC-12, overall. Who was the champion for bringing quality WBB into our Conference? Tara, even though it meant more competition to her team. Why? I suspect it’s because of her deep devotion and passion for our game.

With her strong support we began getting good coaches and players. First it was Scott Rueck and Oregon State. Then my Ducks went out and got Kelly Graves to leave Gonzaga. Now we have lots of excellent coaches in our Conference. Adia is just the latest. Until this year, Stanford wasn’t the best team in the Conference the past 3-4 years. They were no slouches. But they had stiff competition not just from Oregon, but from the Beavers, UCLA, both Arizona schools, and now Washington State is getting much better, too. There really was only one team not competitive this season. And they were hit so hard from injuries and Covid, that I felt good for them when they finally won a game. Arguably, my previously weak Conference, has become the strongest Conference in the country the last 2 years. Much of that credit goes to Tara, and I will be forever grateful she didn’t leave Stanford and head back East. Rumor had her thinking about a change around 2004/2005. Never confirmed, but plausible.

Great people build the Sport, not just their own team. Tara is a great person, IMO.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#496

Post by Guest »

Shame Steph White was fired from Vanderbilt, but they were struggling badly each year. I hope she finds another spot at a lower conference.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#497

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 20:47
aari mcdonald is so cute
She's straight right?

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#498

Post by Guest »

Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 00:44
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 23:54
Wayhaughtshipper18 wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 22:59
Great news for us WBB fans.

Not having the same old teams every year also probably help with the ratings
Hopefully, you’re right, and it doesn’t settle back into UConn and a few other contenders (SC, Baylor, etc). We thrive if parity and great players go multiple places. That’s what builds our sport and brings in new fans.

That is why I am such a big fan of Tara and her Stanford team, even though my heart is with my Ducks. For 30+ years, Stanford has been the WBB standard bearer out West. But our sport wasn’t doing very well in the PAC-12, overall. Who was the champion for bringing quality WBB into our Conference? Tara, even though it meant more competition to her team. Why? I suspect it’s because of her deep devotion and passion for our game.

With her strong support we began getting good coaches and players. First it was Scott Rueck and Oregon State. Then my Ducks went out and got Kelly Graves to leave Gonzaga. Now we have lots of excellent coaches in our Conference. Adia is just the latest. Until this year, Stanford wasn’t the best team in the Conference the past 3-4 years. They were no slouches. But they had stiff competition not just from Oregon, but from the Beavers, UCLA, both Arizona schools, and now Washington State is getting much better, too. There really was only one team not competitive this season. And they were hit so hard from injuries and Covid, that I felt good for them when they finally won a game. Arguably, my previously weak Conference, has become the strongest Conference in the country the last 2 years. Much of that credit goes to Tara, and I will be forever grateful she didn’t leave Stanford and head back East. Rumor had her thinking about a change around 2004/2005. Never confirmed, but plausible.

Great people build the Sport, not just their own team. Tara is a great person, IMO.
Well said. Tara has had some really bad luck over the years to not win a championship since 92 and a lot of people rate the pac12 by natties won despite having 6(?) programs in the last decade reach the final four.

She doesn’t just champion the sport but her coaching tree is insane and most of them stay in the west. I always appreciated how she only took female assistant coaches her entire career. Especially as a fan of volleyball where there hasn’t been a single female head coach to win a nattie.

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#499

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 05:37
Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 20:47
aari mcdonald is so cute
She's straight right?
Yeah she got engaged at last years p12 tournament. I think Kelsey Plum was there as a panellist which was cool given their history

Guest
Reactions:

Re: Women's College Basketball

#500

Post by Guest »

Chavez and Shelley are transferring from Oregon

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 362 guests