The NHL Thread

GUEST_USER
Reactions: 14

Post by GUEST_USER »

Is anyone else worried about the lockout? I'm having a hockey withdrawal like crazy! :bigcry:

Originally posted on 2012-09-07 17:58:00

LaGrandSumo
Reactions: 0

Post by LaGrandSumo »

2019 Season has started, any hockey fans around?

dadou
Reactions: 259

Post by dadou »

LaGrandSumo wrote:2019 Season has started, any hockey fans around?
I am , just watched the Habs VS the Hurricanes , was a good games but those bunch of Jerks won lol
:tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
I am , just watched the Habs VS the Hurricanes , was a good games but those bunch of Jerks won lol
I'm sad to see that C on anyone but Williams. Love that guy!

- LA Kings Fan.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:

- LA Kings Fan.
Im a habs fan, I do wish Quebec city would get a team again I miss that rivalry .

I like the kings they are a tough team to play against, the players a big and tough but the Kings also need to get some fresh and younger player in there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:

- LA Kings Fan.
Im a habs fan, I do wish Quebec city would get a team again I miss that rivalry .

I like the kings they are a tough team to play against, the players a big and tough but the Kings also need to get some fresh and younger player in there.
The time of big and brute is just about done now ; its all speed.

Yeah the team really does need fresh players. The other day I was looking at the roster and I realized I was *tired* of them. Never before have I felt that way. I have love for these guys but honestly, I really felt like we needed to get rid of almost everyone except Doughty. We have some new guys called up but it still feels like we are stuck.

I have a soft spot for the Habs. One of the reasons I get NHL tv stream is just to watch the Habs open up their season. Loved Patches but I'm glad I get to see him more often with Vegas now.
Hows Price? last I heard he was hurt(?)

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:

- LA Kings Fan.

Yeah the team really does need fresh players. The other day I was looking at the roster and I realized I was *tired* of them. Never before have I felt that way. I have love for these guys but honestly, I really felt like we needed to get rid of almost everyone except Doughty. We have some new guys called up but it still feels like we are stuck.

I have a soft spot for the Habs. One of the reasons I get NHL tv stream is just to watch the Habs open up their season. Loved Patches but I'm glad I get to see him more often with Vegas now.
Price fine now , he did ok tonigth and so did the younger player, I think even if the habs make the playoff I am not expecting them to go far , they have a lot of young players but you win the Stanley cup with experience .But the habs futur looks good if the management dont screw it up.

Never really liked Pacioretty , hes not a team player and should not have been made captain for the habs .Plus he sometimes dissapears for many games.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:

- LA Kings Fan.

Price fine now , he did ok tonigth and so did the younger player, I think even if the habs make the playoff I am not expecting them to go far , they have a lot of young players but you win the Stanley cup with experience .But the habs futur looks good if the management dont screw it up.

Never really liked Pacioretty , hes not a team player and should not have been made captain for the habs .Plus he sometimes dissapears for many games.
That's true. Glad to hear about Price. I do like Price but hes been carrying that team for so long, I fear its gone over his prime or will soon. He's probably going to end up being like Hank, a great goaltender without a cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I walked by Max Domi on the street today and blurted out GO HABS! I'm sure he wasn't expecting to hear that on the streets of Toronto!

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:I walked by Max Domi on the street today and blurted out GO HABS!  I'm sure he wasn't expecting to hear that on the streets of Toronto!

LOL the Habs is one of the few teams that has fans all around the league, maybe he was just scare of you? lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:I walked by Max Domi on the street today and blurted out GO HABS! I'm sure he wasn't expecting to hear that on the streets of Toronto!

LOL the Habs is one of the few teams that has fans all around the league, maybe he was just scare of you? lol
:lol: I think I scared him

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Very early in the season but I am surprised at the Sharks struggling. I thought signing Karlsson was gonna be a mistake and I can't say I've changed my mind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sportsnet
Beyond Headlines: Jets not rushing Byfuglien into decision on future

The 34-year-old defenceman is officially considered "suspended without pay" while he ponders his future and is forfeiting more than $43,000 in salary for every day he's off the roster.

I wonder if the retirement of Andrew Luck made Big Buff think twice about coming back. Getting injured after so many grueling seasons takes a toll not just physically but mentally. I can't see Big Buff coming back now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maple Leafs

Fire bobcock, what you waiting for? 6 game road trip is going to break your playoff chances.
What is it with this team?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Maple Leafs

Fire bobcock, what you waiting for? 6 game road trip is going to break your playoff chances.
Team chemistry is off and the coach isn't helping. He's lost the team already.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Maple Leafs

Team chemistry is off and the coach isn't helping. He's lost the team already.
I maintain Mitchs I want Matthew Money fucked up the lockerroom.

Beyond that, there are some defensive stuff that makes me scratch my head. Babs interviews are interviews for coaches in 3rd place in the league with a 2 back to back loss, not for one that is breaking down.

Shanny needs to let Dubas get rid of Babs. Holy shit, when they shipped out Hutch, I thought who the hell is gonna be backup then? They left the rookie to dry. What a stupid choice..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

5th in a row loss.

Fire Babcock and Fire Dubas are trending :lolscroll:

1after909
Reactions:

Post by 1after909 »

Guest wrote:5th in a row loss.

Fire Babcock and Fire Dubas are trending  :lolscroll:
But, but, but I thought Babcock and the guhzillionaire Young Guns were gonna solve all of Toronto's problems. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Absolutely LOOOOOOVE the decades long 24/7/365 soap opera in Toronto.
Pure entertainment.

dadou

Post by dadou »

You ladies got your wish , Babcock is gone lol first Don Cherry and now Babcok, as Habs fan I can only sit and enjoy this lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:You ladies got your wish , Babcock is gone lol first Don Cherry and now Babcok, as Habs fan I can only sit and enjoy this lol
Had it been any other market Babcock would have more time, at least this season to complete but Toronto gonna Toronto.

When Babcock was brought in, the media and org hyped him up as the savior and started planning the parade route. I knew this was gonna happen from day 1.Throwing Hutchinson away for someone even more unprepared was one of the dumbest moves I've seen them do. I think that was the start of the death rattle for someone to go.

Grapes needed to be told to cut out the politics long ago. They should have known it was eventually going to blow up in their faces. I enjoy hockey drama.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'd love to see the chaos on Sportsnet or TSN but being in California, I don't have those Canadian channels. Anyone know a stream like nhl stream to watch the report right now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dubas should have been fired too but I'm guessing that might happen later in the season if no playoffs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ken Campbell
@THNKenCampbell
?é?À
1h
This will get lost in the shuffle, but the NHLPA has officially filed a grievance with the independent arbitrator on behalf of Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Bufuglien.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was always something about Babcock I didn't like. His ego or how he constantly hid behind "family". Mike Commodore was right!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watching the Leafs/Jets game?

Good stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

16 to 34
https://mobile.twitter.com/MapleLeafs/statu...075289023250432

I can't believe how long its taken them to put them together.

NHLchick
Reactions:

Post by NHLchick »

Ovechkin -
Got a hattie tonight vs NJ.
31 goals so far...on pace for another 50 goal season.

15 consecutive 30 goal seasons.
Mike Gartner, Jaromir Jagr and Ovi are the only players in NHL history to do that.

Ovi has five goals in his last two games.
Age 34.

Will Ovi (689g) catch #99 (894g)?
I think so, if if IF he wants to play for six more years until he's 40.

Jagr 45 is still playing in Czecho.
Messier played until he was 43.
Super Mario played until he was 40.
Yzerman played until he was 40.

Chara is still playing at 42.
Joe Thornton is still playing at 40.
Patrick Marleau is still playing at 40.

Selanne played until he was 43.
FYI, #8 just passed Teamu on the goal scoring list.
The Finnish Flash thinks Ovi will catch Gretzky.

Would be very cool to watch it happen.

pantophobia
Reactions: 0

Post by pantophobia »

I think it's very possible, signing Backstrom to a 5 year extension really helps that possibility

I do think passing Gordie is very likely all but guaranteed at his pace

guestie
Reactions:

Post by guestie »

OVI ^ and ^^
Not a Caps fan. Not at all but am glad he finally won the Cup. Yes he could pass Gretzky but he has to stay healthy into his late 30s. Youre right it will be fun to watch and see if he can do it.
2019/20 goal leaders
Pastrnak 36
Matthews 34
Ovechkin 31
Eichel 28
MacKinnion 27
Draisaitl 27
theyre all kids in their early 20s except old man Ovechkin. lol

the All-Star game this year has a Women's 3-on-3.. Really hope we put on a good show.

NHLchick
Reactions:

Post by NHLchick »

guestie wrote:OVI ^ and ^^
Not a Caps fan. Not at all but am glad he finally won the Cup. Yes he could pass Gretzky but he has to stay healthy into his late 30s. Youre right it will be fun to watch and see if he can do it.
2019/20 goal leaders
Pastrnak 36
Matthews 34
Ovechkin 31
Eichel 28
MacKinnion 27
Draisaitl 27
theyre all kids in their early 20s except old man Ovechkin. lol

the All-Star game this year has a Women's 3-on-3.. Really hope we put on a good show.
Your goal scorer's list needs an update.
Ovi had ANOTHER hattie today...this time vs the Isles.
Ovi with 8 goals in the last 3 games.
The Capitals were down 4-1 in the third, they scored 5 unanswered goals.
How will the NYI recover from that choke job?
The Islanders/Canes game tomorrow might be a tipping point game for NY.
I'd hate to see Trotz get fired, but ya never know.
Look what just happened in LV.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Patches gets booed on his return to Montreal. Classless.

Toronto spanked by Chicago. Kane close to 1000 points.
Freddy falling apart on them.

Florida rolling along picking up points against Totally-not-tanking Detroit.

Kings *sigh*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

HF had a thread on the Wild being the most boring franchise. That spoke to me.
I could never put my finger on it but there was something about the Wild that felt weird. I watch their games, got their jersey, love Parise but damn if 'Boring' isn't the word for that team.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:HF had a thread on the Wild being the most boring franchise. That spoke to me.
I could never put my finger on it but there was something about the Wild that felt weird. I watch their games, got their jersey, love Parise but damn if 'Boring' isn't the word for that team.
Hockey is kind of boring now anyway, it was different before,the players played for the love of the games and now they play for the salaries and they switched teams so often that fans cant relate to any of them. With the few exception of Crosby, Ovi , Price and a few others who stay with the same team most of their careers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:HF had a thread on the Wild being the most boring franchise. That spoke to me.
Hockey is kind of boring now anyway, it was different before,the players played for the love of the games and now they play for the salaries and they switched teams so often that fans cant relate to any of them. With the few exception of Crosby, Ovi , Price and a few others who stay with the same team most of their careers.
Isn't it better to have the flexibility of players going to different teams? Boring would be to me having the same old players on the team for the whole of their contracts. Look at teams like LA and Chicago, gave multi year contracts to more than a handful and now they are stuck with the same faces but not below average team.

Minnesota is boring because they are stuck in this middle ground of never being the best in their division but never bottoming out to get their own McDavid IMO.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:
Isn't it better to have the flexibility of players going to different teams? Boring would be to me having the same old players on the team for the whole of their contracts. Look at teams like LA and Chicago, gave multi year contracts to more than a handful and now they are stuck with the same faces but not below average team.

Minnesota is boring because they are stuck in this middle ground of never being the best in their division but never bottoming out to get their own McDavid IMO.
Im not a fan of long contract but before there was a loyalty to a team and you would stay with that team not for the money but because it was the best one for you ,Now you have players leaving good team and good situation for shitty teams on and off the ice, just for the money.

NHLchick
Reactions:

Post by NHLchick »

Sunday 1/19.
Some interesting games today.

Bruins at the Pens.
Two of the best in the East.
Both teams have earned points in 8 of their last 10 games.

NYI at Canes.
How will the Isles play after yesterday's epic meltdown against the Caps?
Canes are good, fighting for a WC spot.

Blue Jackets at NYR.
CBJ (and Bolts) are the NHL's hottest team over the past 10 games (8-2).

Jets at Chi.
Jets are falling in the standings.
Blackhawks are rising, won four in a row.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Canes adding my guy Justin Williams back into the line up. This year is the year of the old guy still playing :lolscroll: Marlow, Big Joe and Williams all still looking good.

The few games I've seen the Jets, they've looked real bad. I thought they rebounded from not having Big Buff but maybe its now catching up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Leafs needs a goaltender that will come up with big saves at key moments. As much as it would break my heart, Jon Quick might be a good option.

NHLchick
Reactions:

Post by NHLchick »

Guest wrote:Leafs needs a goaltender that will come up with big saves at key moments. As much as it would break my heart, Jon Quick might be a good option.
Interesting idea.
The Kings are bad and in the cellar in the West.
And Quick is 34 y.o.
So, it might be time to kick him loose and free up cap space.

As a Caps fan I wonder where Holtby will end up next year.
Samsonov seems to be the real deal.
He's playing insanely great.
With the Caps re-signing Nick Backstrom, I think they're telling Holtby "thanks for everything, thanks for The Save, best of luck getting a big check somewhere else."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

NHLchick wrote:
Guest wrote:Leafs needs a goaltender that will come up with big saves at key moments. As much as it would break my heart, Jon Quick might be a good option.
Interesting idea.
The Kings are bad and in the cellar in the West.
And Quick is 34 y.o.
So, it might be time to kick him loose and free up cap space.

As a Caps fan I wonder where Holtby will end up next year.
Samsonov seems to be the real deal.
He's playing insanely great.
With the Caps re-signing Nick Backstrom, I think they're telling Holtby "thanks for everything, thanks for The Save, best of luck getting a big check somewhere else."
Quick still has some in the tank. He has still these big moment saves, something the leafs are in desperate need of right now if they are going into the playoffs. Quick just doesn't match his pay check and the team is anchored by these 10 year contracts that were given out. I would take a chance at Quick for the Leafs.

Hotltby is another one that can elevate when needed. It maybe a good place for him if he gives them a 2 year contract then a big payout if he can carry them.

Price - not gonna happen I know - but has fallin off hard. Maybe its time for a change of venue for him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

-Kane scored is 1000 point today.

-Corey Perry knee to the head. He is such a scumbag. Even as someone who had a soft spot for the Ducks, I always thought he was low. A face ya just wanna punch.

-George Perros will be attending the next Oiler/Flames game. :lolscroll: Daddy's watching boys!

dadou

Post by dadou »

Anybody saw what happened during the Leafs vs the Hurricanes game? The 2 goalies for the Canes both got injured during the game , so they had to call the Leafs emergency back up goalie which happened to be the 42 years old zamboni driver lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:Anybody saw what happened during the Leafs vs the Hurricanes game? The 2 goalies for the Canes both got injured during the game , so they had to call the Leafs emergency back up goalie which happened to be the 42 years old zamboni driver lol
Did he do ok? Still got it at 42? Lol.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
dadou wrote:Anybody saw what happened during the Leafs vs the Hurricanes game? The 2 goalies for the Canes both got injured during the game , so they had to call the Leafs emergency back up goalie which happened to be the 42 years old zamboni driver lol

The Canes were already winning 3-1 and I think he let 2 goals in but the Canes still won 6-3 . The Leafs cant even win against a zamboni driver lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Guest wrote:

The Canes were already winning 3-1 and I think he let 2 goals in but the Canes still won 6-3 . The Leafs cant even win against a zamboni driver lol
Sounds good to me. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if there's ever been a player who is good enough to play in the NHL but just doesn't want to. Like maybe someone from Scandinavia or something who just wants to stay close to home because they are happier there?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I wonder if there's ever been a player who is good enough to play in the NHL but just doesn't want to. Like maybe someone from Scandinavia or something who just wants to stay close to home because they are happier there?
Plenty of Russians prefer playing in the KHL than try to make it in the NHL.

Reactions:

Re: The NHL Thread

Post by Guest »

So. My Habs were behind 3-1. And now they just eliminated the Toronto Maple Leafs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Go Lightning! Let’s repeat. :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Canucks fan here....disgusted that the habs won but disgusted at Toronto's core for not waking up. As the saying goes, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Leafs have every resource thrown at them yet this is what happens. Is it an attitude thing, like once you get paid millions you cease to care?
I must say though, it was somewhat satisfying to watch both mcdavid and matthews' teams blow the playoffs.
Not sure who to root for now, anyone but the bruins is good in my books.