Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 17:01
Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 15:59
Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 14:56
Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 23:03

Apparently Carol to Scandicci, Anne to Novara. Sad for them, they won’t be able to love together. They probably both were initially going to sign to Novara.
They will rightly put the professional aspects before the personal ones.
The technical needs of the single teams as well as the available budget must be taken into account.
Surely Carol can aim for a top team and a high salary, Anne probably not. The impression is that Scandicci is trying to build a top roster (despite the important losses), while Novara will probably be more downsized.
But Carol didn't choose to sign with Scandicci because they offered her a bigger salary than Novara or whatever, she signed with them because the Danesi-Scandicci transfer was called off last minute and Danesi was "stuck" with Novara since she still had a year left on her contract. Until like April people were saying that Carol to Novara was a done deal.

I think Novara was supposed to be a middle ground for them: not a small club by any means, just probably not title contenders. It's likely that if Novara didn't offer them both a contract originally, they would have looked into other alternatives so that they could at least be close to each other (such as Scandicci-Firenze or Milano-Busto or Novara), but by the time the Danesi thing went down, it was already too late for that. I don't think being 3 hours away from each other was ever their plan.
Yup, pretty much agree with all this. Plus, sure she likes to win but career wise the importance of the Pre-Olympic year will always top getting exhausted to the bone on a title contender team. Novara could have served her well in that regard. There’s pluses for both teams when it comes to career choices. Being with Anne every day would have won out for her, no question.
Exactly, but playing a pre-Olympic season in a team that won't participate in international competitions could be risky for her too, in Brazil there is a lot of competition to enter the national team, and she too will have to prove that she is still among the best and not a lady in slippers.
as a brazilian, this is never going to happen. they only way she stays out of the national team is if she's injured, carol and gabi are our main players this cycle and are 100% locks.

also it's not like she'd be playing the cameroonian league or something lol, novara is still a strong team despite being out of european competitions.

Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 21:11
too bad anne buijs won't be giving interviews to the dutch press this summer, because she'd definitely spill the tea lol.
lol there’s still a chance for the Olympic Qualifications in September. Go on Mrs Buijs da Silva, give us everything. I want names this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 22:14
Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 17:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 14:56

They will rightly put the professional aspects before the personal ones.
The technical needs of the single teams as well as the available budget must be taken into account.
Surely Carol can aim for a top team and a high salary, Anne probably not. The impression is that Scandicci is trying to build a top roster (despite the important losses), while Novara will probably be more downsized.
But Carol didn't choose to sign with Scandicci because they offered her a bigger salary than Novara or whatever, she signed with them because the Danesi-Scandicci transfer was called off last minute and Danesi was "stuck" with Novara since she still had a year left on her contract. Until like April people were saying that Carol to Novara was a done deal.

I think Novara was supposed to be a middle ground for them: not a small club by any means, just probably not title contenders. It's likely that if Novara didn't offer them both a contract originally, they would have looked into other alternatives so that they could at least be close to each other (such as Scandicci-Firenze or Milano-Busto or Novara), but by the time the Danesi thing went down, it was already too late for that. I don't think being 3 hours away from each other was ever their plan.
Yup, pretty much agree with all this. Plus, sure she likes to win but career wise the importance of the Pre-Olympic year will always top getting exhausted to the bone on a title contender team. Novara could have served her well in that regard. There’s pluses for both teams when it comes to career choices. Being with Anne every day would have won out for her, no question.
Exactly, but playing a pre-Olympic season in a team that won't participate in international competitions could be risky for her too, in Brazil there is a lot of competition to enter the national team, and she too will have to prove that she is still among the best and not a lady in slippers.
as a brazilian, this is never going to happen. they only way she stays out of the national team is if she's injured, carol and gabi are our main players this cycle and are 100% locks.

also it's not like she'd be playing the cameroonian league or something lol, novara is still a strong team despite being out of european competitions.
I'm not contradicting you because I'm not Brazilian. But in this world, things change quickly. I also read about Thaisa's :hudoin: return to the team so the competition on who will take the field will be higher. I think it will be good for Carol to continue playing important matches at international level as well.
For me it is strange that Carol and Anne chose Italy and not Turkey, I think it may have been a mistake for them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 10:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not contradicting you because I'm not Brazilian. But in this world, things change quickly. I also read about Thaisa's :hudoin: return to the team so the competition on who will take the field will be higher. I think it will be good for Carol to continue playing important matches at international level as well.
For me it is strange that Carol and Anne chose Italy and not Turkey, I think it may have been a mistake for them.
Their relationship wouldn't be legally recognized in Turkey for starters. Even though Italy also isn't great for gay people, at least they have some legal protections there.

But I think Italy was the better choice career wise as well. The foreign limit being 3 means that a lot of the time MBs have to stay on the bench for the league matches. Just look at Chiaka, one of the best MBs in the world and hardly no playing time this season because top teams will prioritize having foreign pins or a foreign setter over a foreign middle.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 14:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Their relationship wouldn't be legally recognized in Turkey for starters. Even though Italy also isn't great for gay people, at least they have some legal protections there.

But I think Italy was the better choice career wise as well. The foreign limit being 3 means that a lot of the time MBs have to stay on the bench for the league matches. Just look at Chiaka, one of the best MBs in the world and hardly no playing time this season because top teams will prioritize having foreign pins or a foreign setter over a foreign middle.
Well in terms of rights perhaps Italy is better than Turkey even if it is far behind other nations. I think there is acceptance but that the teams themselves prefer that the situation not be publicly heralded .. perhaps for this reason a married couple did not go well in Novara.
As far as the number of foreigners on the field is concerned, it is true in Italy there is one more possibility, but at this point Scandicci will get two foreign MB and therefore with Maja and Zhu on the field they will have to give up a second foreign OH.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I saw Zè Roberto's call-ups for the VNL ... Rosamaria is called as OH. Didn't she play like O in Brazil? Are there any other rumors about her for next season or is the Japanese route confirmed?

Will Jovana and Alexa go to Ecza together?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 16:38
I saw Zè Roberto's call-ups for the VNL ... Rosamaria is called as OH. Didn't she play like O in Brazil? Are there any other rumors about her for next season or is the Japanese route confirmed?

She was called as O/OH ("ponteira/oposta"). She played as Opp in Tokyo and OH during last year's WCh, but Ana Cristina and Julia B weren't available then, so I personally think she'll be more of an Opp this year now that they are back. I'm not inside Zé's head though, so who knows.

About Jovana and Alexa: yes, they're both going to Ecza

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 16:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well in terms of rights perhaps Italy is better than Turkey even if it is far behind other nations. I think there is acceptance but that the teams themselves prefer that the situation not be publicly heralded .. perhaps for this reason a married couple did not go well in Novara.
As far as the number of foreigners on the field is concerned, it is true in Italy there is one more possibility, but at this point Scandicci will get two foreign MB and therefore with Maja and Zhu on the field they will have to give up a second foreign OH.
I believe the Italian league duo is supposed to be Carol/Squarcini, and Washington re-signed as a CL MB like Chiaka. But I also doubt that Maja will be playing every single match anyway since she is turning 40 and she needs to be fit for the Olympics. Rest time was probably something she negotiated before she signed the contract so that she won't risk getting injured before Paris. I think Di Iulio will start the majority of league matches and Maja will play the matches against Conegliano/Milano/Novara + the CL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 16:45
Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 16:38

She was called as O/OH ("ponteira/oposta"). She played as Opp in Tokyo and OH during last year's WCh, but Ana Cristina and Julia B weren't available then, so I personally think she'll be more of an Opp this year now that they are back. I'm not inside Zé's head though, so who knows.

About Jovana and Alexa: yes, they're both going to Ecza
I've never seen her play OH in Italy, but also in my opinion she is an oposta, sure she can have more space in that role in the selection.
I hope she recovers well and plays a good VNL.. she was a bit unlucky this year in Italy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 16:58
Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 16:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I believe the Italian league duo is supposed to be Carol/Squarcini, and Washington re-signed as a CL MB like Chiaka. But I also doubt that Maja will be playing every single match anyway since she is turning 40 and she needs to be fit for the Olympics. Rest time was probably something she negotiated before she signed the contract so that she won't risk getting injured before Paris. I think Di Iulio will start the majority of league matches and Maja will play the matches against Conegliano/Milano/Novara + the CL.
So will they also take Squarcini and a foreign spiker? Herbots then?
Seems like important investments to make.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

and so next season the Brazilian fans will be even more fierce against the panthers? I don't understand why they hate this team and Santarelli so much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 18:27
and so next season the Brazilian fans will be even more fierce against the panthers? I don't understand why they hate this team and Santarelli so much
I’m not Brazilian and I follow many things online but huh?? I’ve mostly seen them mention him joking about the No on Carol thing, and something about Serbs becoming more assholish after he got on.

Altho I personally will be rooting against the panthers next year. :lol: Never been a clubist but I’ll be rooting for my loves Zhu/Maja/Carol against a team that’s been reigning for too long.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
A Brazilian reporter who went to the Wch said that he was very rude before the finals. Serbia warmed up first and he left a big mess on the court and deliberately delayed Brazil's warmup. He also told the Serbian girls not to acknowledge the presence of the Brazilian girls on the day of the final as part of his tactics, and at one point Roberta went over their side to return something they forgot and they ignored her completely, didn't even say "hi" or "thank you". Roberta is known for being a total sweetheart, so fans were particularly upset. Something similar happened at the VNL semi-final as well.

He also said Brazil weren't title contenders for the Wch and put Turkey ahead of us even though we were the No.1 ranked team at the time, so that's obviously going to strike a cord as well with Brazilian fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2023, 20:17
Guest wrote:
A Brazilian reporter who went to the Wch said that he was very rude before the finals. Serbia warmed up first and he left a big mess on the court and deliberately delayed Brazil's warmup. He also told the Serbian girls not to acknowledge the presence of the Brazilian girls on the day of the final as part of his tactics, and at one point Roberta went over their side to return something they forgot and they ignored her completely, didn't even say "hi" or "thank you". Roberta is known for being a total sweetheart, so fans were particularly upset. Something similar happened at the VNL semi-final as well.

He also said Brazil weren't title contenders for the Wch and put Turkey ahead of us even though we were the No.1 ranked team at the time, so that's obviously going to strike a cord as well with Brazilian fans.
Serbs are Serbs .. you don't need an Italian to make them more unpleasant.

He's someone who likes to win, and he manages to pass this desire on to his teams as well. This can be annoying, whoever wins often becomes obnoxious.

Brazil hasn't won anything important since London 2012, even if remains a strong team, it's normal that they are not considered the main favourites.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 07:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

He's someone who likes to win, and he manages to pass this desire on to his teams as well. This can be annoying, whoever wins often becomes obnoxious.

Brazil hasn't won anything important since London 2012, even if remains a strong team, it's normal that they are not considered the main favourites.
And what important thing has Turkey won again?

It's not that he said that Serbia and Italy were favorites, that would've been completely fair. If I'm remembering it correctly, the question was "which teams are capable of winning the tournament" and he included like 7 or 8 teams (and had teams like Poland on his list) and left out Brazil. It could've been an honest mistake, but people took it as provocation because of his past history of being rude to Brazilians when he was playing against us.

In both the VNL semi and the WCH final, the on court reporter took the time to mention that Santarelli was nasty to the Brazilian players and staff, and I've never seen them say anything similar about any other coach, so there was something specifically with Santarelli that was rubbing people the wrong way.

I'm not here to judge whether the Santarelli hate is warranted or not, I'm just providing a bit of context for why Brazilians dislike him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 15:44
Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 07:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And what important thing has Turkey won again?

It's not that he said that Serbia and Italy were favorites, that would've been completely fair. If I'm remembering it correctly, the question was "which teams are capable of winning the tournament" and he included like 7 or 8 teams (and had teams like Poland on his list) and left out Brazil. It could've been an honest mistake, but people took it as provocation because of his past history of being rude to Brazilians when he was playing against us.

In both the VNL semi and the WCH final, the on court reporter took the time to mention that Santarelli was nasty to the Brazilian players and staff, and I've never seen them say anything similar about any other coach, so there was something specifically with Santarelli that was rubbing people the wrong way.

I'm not here to judge whether the Santarelli hate is warranted or not, I'm just providing a bit of context for why Brazilians dislike him.
lol genuinely nobody knows why Turkish twitter is so obnoxious. The amount of BS takes they provide over there is exhausting, rivals Brazilian twitter’s obnoxious protective behavior, only it’s worse because it usually has a smug tone to it and they love to belittle. It’s so bad and childish sometimes I wish I didn’t understand Turkish :lol: if the Brazilians do have a similar vibe I wouldn’t know cuz I don’t understand Portuguese but at least I’d get why they’d be smug. The belittling culture I never will tho.

I am so glad Serbians and Italians aren’t there in droves as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

But the people, the fans, it's only right that they express their opinion, even if sometimes they exaggerates, but I understand them. Instead, what is very annoying is when journalists, commentators and even the league representatives themselves line up and cheer for one team or against another

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 23:09
But the people, the fans, it's only right that they express their opinion, even if sometimes they exaggerates, but I understand them. Instead, what is very annoying is when journalists, commentators and even the league representatives themselves line up and cheer for one team or against another
Ehhh there’s expressing an opionion and then there’s belittling every other player and other leagues with a very undeservedly smug attitude.

VBTV commentators cheering on any time a great rally is produced, or if a team or a player is playing amazingly is wonderful to me. I get why it’d be annoying if you happen to be for the opposing team but I have no club or country I’m bound to so I can just always cheer for 5 setters with great play. :lol: Most good commentators do that too, as they should. They’re not unbiased about Volleyball, monotone commentators are the woooorst.

Journalists tend to mirror and mimick the current heavy commentary online among fans. So I can blame that on the obnoxiousness of the fans too if I were to generalize. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where is possible to watch today's CEV champions league final in online streaming?
Who are you rooting for? Gabi&Paola or Maja&Bosko?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 14:12
Where is possible to watch today's CEV champions league final in online streaming?
Who are you rooting for? Gabi&Paola or Maja&Bosko?
Maja and Bosko :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Egonu, calm down woman =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 16:45
Really impressive, 40 points.. if she's in this shape... you can't stop her. Bosko is just a mediocre opposite right now.

ps. Zehra is ... :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 17:46
Guest wrote:
Really impressive, 40 points.. if she's in this shape... you can't stop her. Bosko is just a mediocre opposite right now.

Egonu went off! Amazing to watch her skill and athleticism. Gabi was like a surgeon with her precision passing. What a professional performance from the whole team.

Bosko with a very bizarre finish to the season. Mediocre is putting it mildly. Looked like a shell of herself, so I'm guessing not healthy. Not really able to torque her upper body to get power, or angle, or explode off the jump. Sadly, if she had been decent they would have had a good shot bc the rest of the team was solid today. Bosko should forget VNL and rest.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Brasil w Ana Cristina and Gabi on the court at the same time. Turkey... will Santarelli find a way to use Ebrar and Vargas at the same time? It will be a fun summer!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 19:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Egonu went off! Amazing to watch her skill and athleticism. Gabi was like a surgeon with her precision passing. What a professional performance from the whole team.

Bosko with a very bizarre finish to the season. Mediocre is putting it mildly. Looked like a shell of herself, so I'm guessing not healthy. Not really able to torque her upper body to get power, or angle, or explode off the jump. Sadly, if she had been decent they would have had a good shot bc the rest of the team was solid today. Bosko should forget VNL and rest.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Brasil w Ana Cristina and Gabi on the court at the same time. Turkey... will Santarelli find a way to use Ebrar and Vargas at the same time? It will be a fun summer!
Gabi's data for reception this evening is stratospheric (77%Pos./71%Exc) fantastic!

It seems that Brazil will bet a lot on the VNL .. as well as the USA who will host the final.

In my opinion Italy, Serbia and Turkey will aim for the European championship, I don't think they will play with Team A in both competitions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 19:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Gabi's data for reception this evening is stratospheric (77%Pos./71%Exc) fantastic!

It seems that Brazil will bet a lot on the VNL .. as well as the USA who will host the final.

In my opinion Italy, Serbia and Turkey will aim for the European championship, I don't think they will play with Team A in both competitions.
Doesn't Turkey always bring the A team?

Boskovic is supposed to be at the VNL as well, but I assume she'll be joining the team a lot later.

Italy will be Egonu-less, I think? So that's a big blow. The rest of the A team is going to be there, though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 22:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Doesn't Turkey always bring the A team?

Boskovic is supposed to be at the VNL as well, but I assume she'll be joining the team a lot later.

Italy will be Egonu-less, I think? So that's a big blow. The rest of the A team is going to be there, though.
The mere fact that Egonu does not play will distort the outcome of this tournament, as she is able to shift the balance of any match. She certainly won't be the only one who needs a break, given Bosko's condition, Maja too at her age can't exaggerate if she wants to arrive intact in Paris. In general the girls who played in the playoffs in Turkey and Italy were subjected to a real tour de force by playing every 3 days. It's true, these girls are professionals, but for this very reason they must remember that their salaries are paid by the clubs and not by the national teams.
Do we really need this second international tournament in the same season? It sure isn't respectful of girls' physical and mental health. If it was up to me, I'd send the C team to VNL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think egonu is on italy large roster. but she probably won't play first week vnl. same with other star players from other countries. first week vnl is for the b team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

lol no Turkey is hosting first week VNL at least they're gonna bring A team there. It will be embarrassing if they're playing bench players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are there anyway to watch VNL without vbworldtv? I don't mind to pay but they only accept credit card and don't even allow googlepay to purchase subs on their app :unsure: like why they're making it difficult for fans?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 02:41
I think egonu is on italy large roster. but she probably won't play first week vnl. same with other star players from other countries. first week vnl is for the b team.
It's true, she is on the list of 30, but in interviews she has always said that she would return to the national team from the European championship. So she could probably participate in training but not in away games, and so also for others. Brazil, on the other hand, starts immediately with team A, strange that they didn't ask Gabi to join the team already in Japan :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's hope the summer and VNL bring some hot gossip, something to talk about besides plays and scores. Who are the pairs between teammates? And between possible adversaries?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 05:42
Guest wrote:
It's true, she is on the list of 30, but in interviews she has always said that she would return to the national team from the European championship. So she could probably participate in training but not in away games, and so also for others. Brazil, on the other hand, starts immediately with team A, strange that they didn't ask Gabi to join the team already in Japan :nervous:
Let Gabi rest for week 1 so she can start for week 2 in Brazil. It's that simple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 06:16
Let's hope the summer and VNL bring some hot gossip, something to talk about besides plays and scores. Who are the pairs between teammates? And between possible adversaries?
Idk if asian fans outside mainland china are as 'crazy' lol but mainland china fans literally stalking USA players at hotels and airplanes when they played there :nervous: probably really baffling for USA players since no one cares about them back home lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's because of the CL final, last year it was the same thing. The team already travelled to Japan, so there was really no way Gabi would make it. If Brazil was playing in Ankara, maybe she'd be there.

The team should be complete for week 2 in Brasilia, with Thaisa joining as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 15:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's because of the CL final, last year it was the same thing. The team already travelled to Japan, so there was really no way Gabi would make it. If Brazil was playing in Ankara, maybe she'd be there.

The team should be complete for week 2 in Brasilia, with Thaisa joining as well.
It was just sarcastic! Everyone needs to recharge their batteries, including Gabi. In Brasília Zé will surely bring all the best available, Gabi, Thais, Roberta, Pri and hopefully Rosa too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Egonu dating someone?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ze Roberto was doing a live interview two days ago and from what I gathered (from the twitter translate thing) he explained the reason for each player already going to Japan. And Gabi apparently only asked for just two days off and he basically said chill a bit yeah lol And he asked Carol to come in first week because she'll be setting rhythm or something like that (or younger players don't have that rhythm yet and she does). :nervous: Macris is just work-a-holic probably. Who else from A-team that you'd expect 'rest' for? The rest have the week off from what I've seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 18:28
Is Egonu dating someone?
More or less one every night I think! Next year in Milan she will have a lot to do... outside the gym :rofl:

I mean, she's really amazing, she won her third CL and MVP of the final for the third time. If she will had done it with just one shirt she would be an absolute idol. Instead she likes to change teams and although she is real big she does not leave many regrets in her former teams and former fans. Will she be like this also from a sentimental point of view?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 18:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ze Roberto was doing a live interview two days ago and from what I gathered (from the twitter translate thing) he explained the reason for each player already going to Japan. And Gabi apparently only asked for just two days off and he basically said chill a bit yeah lol And he asked Carol to come in first week because she'll be setting rhythm or something like that (or younger players don't have that rhythm yet and she does). :nervous: Macris is just work-a-holic probably. Who else from A-team that you'd expect 'rest' for? The rest have the week off from what I've seen.
In the list of 30 there are practically two A teams, don't you think? It will be a tough choice for Zé later on. A question for the Brazilians, does Gattaz still have a chance for Paris?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 19:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
In the list of 30 there are practically two A teams, don't you think? It will be a tough choice for Zé later on. A question for the Brazilians, does Gattaz still have a chance for Paris?
The way I see it, it's going to be really hard for her. For two reasons:

1. Because of her injury, her transfer to Praia Clube that was close to being a done deal was called off, and her contract with Minas was automatically renewed (it's considered good practice in Brazil to let your athletes recover in the club if they were injured in the middle of the season). She was transfering precisely because Minas were planning to make Julia Kudiess the starter for the 2023/2024 season. That means that not only will she miss the first half of the season, she'll also have to fight with Julia, her direct competition for Paris, for the starting spot in Minas after she gets back, knowing that the Minas board favours Julia. That is, if everything goes well in her recovery, which is something she can't fully control.

Julia has been improving very fast, and it's not guaranteed that a Gattaz fresh back from a torn ACL will be able to out-perform her. And even if she does manage to bench her, she'll come out as the bad guy for being "greedy" and ruining Julia's chances of going to the Olympics, so it's a really complicated situation for everyone involved.

2. With Thaisa coming back, I think Zé will be weary of taking two older MBs with a history of serious injuries. Given that there are only 3 MBs spots for the entirety of a very physically demanding competition, it's indeed risky. He could theoretically take an extra MB just in case, but that would mean giving up an OH/Opp. For Rio, he decided to take 4 MBs and only one Opp, and we all know how that ended for us, so I don't think he'll make the same mistake twice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 May 2023, 02:12
Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 19:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The way I see it, it's going to be really hard for her. For two reasons:

1. Because of her injury, her transfer to Praia Clube that was close to being a done deal was called off, and her contract with Minas was automatically renewed (it's considered good practice in Brazil to let your athletes recover in the club if they were injured in the middle of the season). She was transfering precisely because Minas were planning to make Julia Kudiess the starter for the 2023/2024 season. That means that not only will she miss the first half of the season, she'll also have to fight with Julia, her direct competition for Paris, for the starting spot in Minas after she gets back, knowing that the Minas board favours Julia. That is, if everything goes well in her recovery, which is something she can't fully control.

Julia has been improving very fast, and it's not guaranteed that a Gattaz fresh back from a torn ACL will be able to out-perform her. And even if she does manage to bench her, she'll come out as the bad guy for being "greedy" and ruining Julia's chances of going to the Olympics, so it's a really complicated situation for everyone involved.

2. With Thaisa coming back, I think Zé will be weary of taking two older MBs with a history of serious injuries. Given that there are only 3 MBs spots for the entirety of a very physically demanding competition, it's indeed risky. He could theoretically take an extra MB just in case, but that would mean giving up an OH/Opp. For Rio, he decided to take 4 MBs and only one Opp, and we all know how that ended for us, so I don't think he'll make the same mistake twice.
Sure, it's a very complicated situation, but a warrior like her will surely fight to the end. Maybe it's not entirely bad luck to stay at Minas, because if she manages to recover physically she will be able to fight every day to take back her place at the club and therefore also in the national team. Otherwise she could move to Italy .. certainly many girls would welcome her with open arms (... and probably not only her arms :angel: ). After all, bad girls are always liked, this would make her even more fascinating!! :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 09:36
Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 09:12
Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 13:33
And for Lville anon and stanford anon if they're still around
Stanny anon here, yes thank you for the information. I knew they would come to Kentucky since one of the player is from there but it's good to get a confirmation date.
Stanford, and pretty sure plenty of other college teams, will also travel to Europe in the summer.
Lol yeah plenty of this trips delayed because of covid

Wisconsin
https://uwbadgers.com/news/2023/4/20/ba ... -2023.aspx
MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin volleyball team will head to Europe from June 2-14, competing and sightseeing in Istanbul, Turkey; Llublijana and Maribor, Slovenia; Venice, Milan, and Lake Como, Italy; and Zurich, Switzerland. The Badgers will play at least six matches against teams from Turkey and Italy as well as other visiting federation or club teams.
Nebraska to Brazil

I hope they stream the matches.
Fener stream their match against BYU on their yt channel and before that someone (I think a Turkey fan?) stream the other whole game on insta lol. All info from VT posters. So it depends on the host. I hope the popular teams like wisc and neb allow streaming, since the popular teams usually want to be sneaky with their pre season matches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some A2 team should hire Helo so that she can provide us with Buijrol content from Italy lol

For those who don't know who Helo is, she is one of Carol's closest friends and was in the 2016/17 Rexona team when Carol and Anne got together (she's an opposite for the Italian teams reading this :hudoin: ). Rexona fans from back in the day say she helped them sneak around in the very early stages of their relationship lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2023, 16:26

Some A2 team should hire Helo so that she can provide us with Buijrol content from Italy lol

For those who don't know who Helo is, she is one of Carol's closest friends and was in the 2016/17 Rexona team when Carol and Anne got together (she's an opposite for the Italian teams reading this :hudoin: ). Rexona fans from back in the day say she helped them sneak around in the very early stages of their relationship lol
lmao that picture is amazing. Forever third wheel meme :lol: