Volleyball

Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2023, 16:26

Some A2 team should hire Helo so that she can provide us with Buijrol content from Italy lol

For those who don't know who Helo is, she is one of Carol's closest friends and was in the 2016/17 Rexona team when Carol and Anne got together (she's an opposite for the Italian teams reading this :hudoin: ). Rexona fans from back in the day say she helped them sneak around in the very early stages of their relationship lol
They snuck around? :nervous: That'd surprise me tbh. They seem like one of those couples who were "married" as soon as they got together. Hard to hide that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2023, 19:06
Guest wrote:

Some A2 team should hire Helo so that she can provide us with Buijrol content from Italy lol

For those who don't know who Helo is, she is one of Carol's closest friends and was in the 2016/17 Rexona team when Carol and Anne got together (she's an opposite for the Italian teams reading this :hudoin: ). Rexona fans from back in the day say she helped them sneak around in the very early stages of their relationship lol
They snuck around? :nervous: That'd surprise me tbh. They seem like one of those couples who were "married" as soon as they got together. Hard to hide that
Idk if sneaking around is the right term. Maybe keeping it lowkey at first is a better way of putting it? It makes sense to me, because if you start seeing one of your teammates, you'd want to go through the first stages of the relationship to see if you're in it for the long run before telling everyone else. Otherwise it's just kind of awkward for the team if you make a big announcement about your two week old relationship and five days later have to make another big announcement about your break up lol. There are probably a lot of in-team hookups that no one ever gets to know about because it never developed into something more.

But, yeah, people first started suspecting they had something going on when a Rexona fan overheard Helo teasing Carol and Anne about something. And if you look at old (like 2016-early 2017) Buijrol pictures on Carol's instagram, Helo is always there third wheeling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2023, 19:28
Guest wrote:
23 May 2023, 19:06
Guest wrote:

Idk if sneaking around is the right term. Maybe keeping it lowkey at first is a better way of putting it? It makes sense to me, because if you start seeing one of your teammates, you'd want to go through the first stages of the relationship to see if you're in it for the long run before telling everyone else. Otherwise it's just kind of awkward for the team if you make a big announcement about your two week old relationship and five days later have to make another big announcement about your break up lol. There are probably a lot of in-team hookups that no one ever gets to know about because it never developed into something more.

But, yeah, people first started suspecting they had something going on when a Rexona fan overheard Helo teasing Carol and Anne about something. And if you look at old (like 2016-early 2017) Buijrol pictures on Carol's instagram, Helo is always there third wheeling.
omg the poor thing if she was single the entire time :lol: Can't go back that much in Carol's instagram but the above linked tweet is in a thread of more Helos, that tells me everything I need to know lol. Seriously tho, yeah I get that I guess, plus I think they broke up with other people for each other so there's that too in wanting to keep it low for a while. Didn't take long tho, I don't think. I think it was on this thread someone said it was in February they decided to go to Turkey to a shitty team together.

Sad about the bolded. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 02:41
I think egonu is on italy large roster. but she probably won't play first week vnl. same with other star players from other countries. first week vnl is for the b team.
Me being so left behind with international matches I don't even know who are in the A team anymore :nervous: I thought Larson was retired but she's still on the roster? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 13:29
Guest wrote:
I think egonu is on italy large roster. but she probably won't play first week vnl. same with other star players from other countries. first week vnl is for the b team.
Me being so left behind with international matches I don't even know who are in the A team anymore :nervous: I thought Larson was retired but she's still on the roster? :nervous:
Yes, the governor is on the list.
Many girls who had given up on their national team this year have once again given their availability.
It is clear that for all the goal is Paris!

Speaking of this, I followed the story of Carol Gattaz on socials. The tenacity and willpower of this woman is incredible. She's really trying hard. If everything goes smoothly, she could resume playing in the second half of the next championship, and therefore be available for a possible call-up. Ze Roberto encouraged her by saying that according to him she is the best MB in the world (who can blame him?). I really hope this story has a happy ending, it's impossible not to support her, besides being an extraordinary athlete she's also beautiful and charming!
Really hope we can admire her in Paris fighting for a medal, she deserves it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 15:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Many girls who had given up on their national team this year have once again given their availability.

Speaking of this, I followed the story of Carol Gattaz on socials. The tenacity and willpower of this woman is incredible. She's really trying hard. If everything goes smoothly, she could resume playing in the second half of the next championship, and therefore be available for a possible call-up. Ze Roberto encouraged her by saying that according to him she is the best MB in the world (who can blame him?). I really hope this story has a happy ending, it's impossible not to support her, besides being an extraordinary athlete she's also beautiful and charming!
I think he said she has the best China in the world. Not that she's the best MB. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing here :lol:

My projection on Vargas is: “Wtf is this girl doing” but then again Vargas’ taste seems to be more on the extreme-feminine-preening-for-a-particular-masculine kind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 16:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think he said she has the best China in the world. Not that she's the best MB. lol
china = what brazilians call the slide attack btw

but like... i'm going to be honest. i like gattaz a lot as a person and really admire her determination, but i don't want her to go to paris. and it has nothing to do with her age.

the middle blocker plays a major role in a team's defense, and their most important attribute is, you guessed it, blocking. and that includes not only kill blocks, but block touches that will help the team get in transition. obviously, attacking is important as well, but good blocking should be non-negotiable for a team who wants to win. and gattaz is an abysmal blocker.

in the league matches, coaches would tell players to go cross court when gattaz is at the net because they knew she would be late. 9 out of 10 times they were right. before she was injured, she was far and away the worst blocker among the starting mbs, and was below many SETTERS in the ranking for most blocks. gattaz played all the matches in the wch, and she had 22 blocks only (for comparison, carol da silva, who didn't play one of the matches, had 59, though she is ofc an outlier). that's less than 0.5 per set, which is definitely way below average for a mb. and that statistic doesn't account for all the times she gave the opponent team's attacker a free net. just watch the brazil games that wch and you'll see how much brazil struggled to get break points when they had gattaz at the net. the cost a team pays for getting the gattaz slide (even though it's indeed a great slide) is too high, tactically speaking. and i think it's especially not worth it now that we have so many other great offensive weapons.

if lara does well this nt season, i think she should be considered over gattaz. she is also a very good slider (the difference between her and gattaz efficiency wise is only like 2%), and she can actually block (and serve). plus, unlike gattaz, she attacks equally well from behind and in front of the setter, which makes her the ideal 3rd mb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 21:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

but like... i'm going to be honest. i like gattaz a lot as a person and really admire her determination, but i don't want her to go to paris. and it has nothing to do with her age.

the middle blocker plays a major role in a team's defense, and their most important attribute is, you guessed it, blocking. and that includes not only kill blocks, but block touches that will help the team get in transition. obviously, attacking is important as well, but good blocking should be non-negotiable for a team who wants to win. and gattaz is an abysmal blocker.

in the league matches, coaches would tell players to go cross court when gattaz is at the net because they knew she would be late. 9 out of 10 times they were right. before she was injured, she was far and away the worst blocker among the starting mbs, and was below many SETTERS in the ranking for most blocks. gattaz played all the matches in the wch, and she had 22 blocks only (for comparison, carol da silva, who didn't play one of the matches, had 59, though she is ofc an outlier). that's less than 0.5 per set, which is definitely way below average for a mb. and that statistic doesn't account for all the times she gave the opponent team's attacker a free net. just watch the brazil games that wch and you'll see how much brazil struggled to get break points when they had gattaz at the net. the cost a team pays for getting the gattaz slide (even though it's indeed a great slide) is too high, tactically speaking. and i think it's especially not worth it now that we have so many other great offensive weapons.

if lara does well this nt season, i think she should be considered over gattaz. she is also a very good slider (the difference between her and gattaz efficiency wise is only like 2%), and she can actually block (and serve). plus, unlike gattaz, she attacks equally well from behind and in front of the setter, which makes her the ideal 3rd mb.
I remember thinking Brazil would always fall behind whenever Carol (4) was out of rotation. I couldn’t exactly figure out why so thanks for that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting that Maja has the captaincy back for Serbia. I guess Bosko won’t be playing til the last week if at all, so it makes sense from that perspective.

I wonder where all of it leaves Drca. She was truly excellent at the worlds, and Guidetti will have his hands full trying to make use of both her and Maja.

Brasilians... is there any thought of moving Ana Cristina to opp? I can’t wait to see her in the mix this summer. Thaisa making a comeback, too. 🔥

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do volleyball have international competition for the youngster? Like U20 and U17 World Cup in football/ soccer? Who's dominating in youth level?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your analysis is certainly correct from a statistical point of view. But you don't consider many other factors that can intervene in a short and important tournament like the Olympics. The personality, the ability to compact a team, to bear the pressure, to involve the fans... all aspects that even good young athletes like Lara or Ju Ku cannot have. That's why I always want to have a Gattaz on my roster.

From a technical point of view I also tell you that at this time Brazil doesn't have an exciting opposite .. at least not at the level of the best in the world right now. For this reason, the attack game with the central players will be essential to avoid putting too much pressure on Gabi & C.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 09:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your analysis is certainly correct from a statistical point of view. But you don't consider many other factors that can intervene in a short and important tournament like the Olympics. The personality, the ability to compact a team, to bear the pressure, to involve the fans... all aspects that even good young athletes like Lara or Ju Ku cannot have. That's why I always want to have a Gattaz on my roster.

From a technical point of view I also tell you that at this time Brazil doesn't have an exciting opposite .. at least not at the level of the best in the world right now. For this reason, the attack game with the central players will be essential to avoid putting too much pressure on Gabi & C.
Inexperienced yes, but young is Lara not. :lol: Only two years younger than Thaisa actually.

It’s been quite a few years Brazil has had an exciting opposite tho, unless you count Tandara. I think this year’s main attack power will come from Ana C and Julia B (after Gabi and Carol ofc, who usually have over 50% efficiency). They managed to get to the finals of the last two tournaments with two OHs and one MB as the main three top scorers most, if not all, games. Block touches like the anon has said seem to have been key there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

lara is 34 lol. she just doesn't have a lot of international experience.

if the roster for the olympics was 14 like the other competitions, then by all means, take gattaz for her leadership. but in a 12 player roster, you have to assume that everyone could become a starter at some point. so i'd rather have a more well-rounded mb on the bench.

for those who aren't familiar with lara, she's the mb who has her hair in a bun and does all the slides in this video:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 18:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

if the roster for the olympics was 14 like the other competitions, then by all means, take gattaz for her leadership. but in a 12 player roster, you have to assume that everyone could become a starter at some point. so i'd rather have a more well-rounded mb on the bench.

for those who aren't familiar with lara, she's the mb who has her hair in a bun and does all the slides in this video:

Oh yes, she scored 15 points in training against Japan's B team!! Let's go! Can you really compare them?

In Zè's shoes I would bring to Paris all the old guard + AnaCri as mascotte. If they win, they accomplish a feat and become national heroes. Otherwise it's okay, they tried... a new cycle will start again with young girls and a new coach .. who knows, maybe Nicola :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 19:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh yes, she scored 15 points in training against Japan's B team!! Let's go! Can you really compare them?

In Zè's shoes I would bring to Paris all the old guard + AnaCri as mascotte. If they win, they accomplish a feat and become national heroes. Otherwise it's okay, they tried... a new cycle will start again with young girls and a new coach .. who knows, maybe Nicola :rofl:
did i say anything about the points? i just posted the video so that those who don't know her (most of you) could see the mechanics of her attack. i'm not saying she should be in the olympics because she did well in a friendly game against japan. lara made the team because she's been playing great for years now, and this is her chance to show what she can do in the international stage.

btw, koga, hayashi, inoue, seki, kojima were all playing, so this wasn't the b team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pretty sure anon just posted the video to let people know who Lara is because she hasn’t been in any international tournament so you wouldn’t be familiar if you don’t watch the Brazillian league.

I think Ze will make the right choice when the time comes but I do agree with a roster of 12 it’ll have to be ALL all starters. About which I have my doubts about both tbh. Gattaz for everything anon mentioned and Lara because until she shined and became third blocker in the league this season, data project has her numbers wavering on and off top 10 and even off 20 past few years.I know Carol really became known globally last year but her numbers have been consistently on top TWO since she became a starter like ten years ago. And not just in blocking, serve too. So it’ll likely depend a lot on Lara’s consistency this following year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 20:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pretty sure anon just posted the video to let people know who Lara is because she hasn’t been in any international tournament so you wouldn’t be familiar if you don’t watch the Brazillian league.

I think Ze will make the right choice when the time comes but I do agree with a roster of 12 it’ll have to be ALL all starters. About which I have my doubts about both tbh. Gattaz for everything anon mentioned and Lara because until she shined and became third blocker in the league this season, data project has her numbers wavering on and off top 10 and even off 20 past few years.I know Carol really became known globally last year but her numbers have been consistently on top TWO since she became a starter like ten years ago. And not just in blocking, serve too. So it’ll likely depend a lot on Lara’s consistency this following year.
thank you lol.

lara's season was pretty remarkable in the context of fluminense, not just in blocking. she was the team's best scorer in the season, which is very impressive for a mb, and if you saw the matches, you could see how much they relied on her offensively. she was set even when the pass was way off the net and the double block was waiting, and most of the sets after the 20th points were to her. and she did all that playing with juma, who isn't exactly known for her accuracy.

but, yeah, the battle for the mbs spots is going to be fierce. besides lara and gattaz, there's also diana, who is zé's protege and will play with him in turkey, and julia kudiess, who is only 20 and improves more and more with each season. i think lorena is solidly 6th place right now, but, who knows, maybe she'll have a monster season in praia.

fun fact about carol, since you mentioned her: since the 2014/15 season, the only time she was NOT the top blocker was the 2020/21 season. that includes her short stint in turkey. she is also the record holder for most blocks in the vnl, the world championship and the brazilian league (where great blockers like thaisa, fabiana, walewska and adenizia played during their peaks). she's simply in her own league when it comes to blocking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We'll see what happens, the road to Paris is still long. But my reflection is that if a girl has not yet made it through at 34 then she will hardly be able to be considered among the top three in this role, with such fierce competition.

Another thing is that there will never be a team with all starters, it's bullshit, even in the best dream team at the end you will need to choose, 6+1 on the field and 5 on the bench.

I'm curious to see what the much vaunted Carol will do in the Italian championship. Too bad for her that she chose the worst team to play.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 21:53
We'll see what happens, the road to Paris is still long. But my reflection is that if a girl has not yet made it through at 34 then she will hardly be able to be considered among the top three in this role, with such fierce competition.

Another thing is that there will never be a team with all starters, it's bullshit, even in the best dream team at the end you will need to choose, 6+1 on the field and 5 on the bench.

I'm curious to see what the much vaunted Carol will do in the Italian championship. Too bad for her that she chose the worst team to play.
i said that every player could potentially become a starter. when you have only one mb on the bench, it takes one injury for them to become the starter. in a bigger roster, you can have your serving specialists and your blocking subs, but when there's only 12 spots, every player has to be ready to play the entire match if the need arises. that was my point.

gattaz played her first olympic game at 40, so i don't see why lara can't go to paris at 35 if she does well this NT season.

i don't get what you mean about her choosing the worst team, though (it's likely that she actually chose novara, but that's another story)? based on what we know about the transfers, conegliano, milano and scandicci are the teams that will fight for the title next season. she'd probably be a bench player in conegliano like de kruijf because the team plays with a foreign setter + 3 foreign pins. so that leaves out just milano and scandicci.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 23:04
Guest wrote:

i said that every player could potentially become a starter. when you have only one mb on the bench, it takes one injury for them to become the starter. in a bigger roster, you can have your serving specialists and your blocking subs, but when there's only 12 spots, every player has to be ready to play the entire match if the need arises. that was my point.

gattaz played her first olympic game at 40, so i don't see why lara can't go to paris at 35 if she does well this NT season.

i don't get what you mean about her choosing the worst team, though (it's likely that she actually chose novara, but that's another story)? based on what we know about the transfers, conegliano, milano and scandicci are the teams that will fight for the title next season. she'd probably be a bench player in conegliano like de kruijf because the team plays with a foreign setter + 3 foreign pins. so that leaves out just milano and scandicci.
It is clear that with such a small roster and such a short competition everyone is a potential starter but it is equally true that there are always hierarchies in a team.

By worst I didn't mean poor from roster's value but as a competence of the club and the technicians. They have been investing a lot in very established foreign players for years, obtaining poor results. This is primarily because they don't have a constant team backbone with players linked to the club capable of involving even the new ones in the group and in the project. They've been lucky enough to find some very interesting young Italians, but instead of making the most of them they're making them escape, see Lubian, this year Pietrini .. not to mention what happened with Malinov! We can hope that the same will not happen with Antropova, but given the precedents there is no need to be optimistic.
I think Carol won't find a beautiful environment there. Maybe if she haven't signed yet there are still possibilities with a new coach in Novara, given that the 4th central player is still missing from the roster. Certainly the ideal destination for her in my opinion was Milan but evidently there must be some sort of agreement between VeroV and Ecza for the Jole - Laura exchange.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 May 2023, 08:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It is clear that with such a small roster and such a short competition everyone is a potential starter but it is equally true that there are always hierarchies in a team.

By worst I didn't mean poor from roster's value but as a competence of the club and the technicians. They have been investing a lot in very established foreign players for years, obtaining poor results. This is primarily because they don't have a constant team backbone with players linked to the club capable of involving even the new ones in the group and in the project. They've been lucky enough to find some very interesting young Italians, but instead of making the most of them they're making them escape, see Lubian, this year Pietrini .. not to mention what happened with Malinov! We can hope that the same will not happen with Antropova, but given the precedents there is no need to be optimistic.
I think Carol won't find a beautiful environment there. Maybe if she haven't signed yet there are still possibilities with a new coach in Novara, given that the 4th central player is still missing from the roster. Certainly the ideal destination for her in my opinion was Milan but evidently there must be some sort of agreement between VeroV and Ecza for the Jole - Laura exchange.
I was rooting for this too but Carol just made a goodbye post to Anne (to them being teammates), things seem set in place for the following season. I expect them to announce Carol next week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 May 2023, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I was rooting for this too but Carol just made a goodbye post to Anne (to them being teammates), things seem set in place for the following season. I expect them to announce Carol next week.
she said she hopes they can play for the same team again in the future, so i think that sort of confirms that they tried to stay together but it wasn't possible.

but it's not like novara would bench chirichella anyway soooo (even though they definitely should, carol or no carol)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 May 2023, 16:28
Guest wrote:
26 May 2023, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

she said she hopes they can play for the same team again in the future, so i think that sort of confirms that they tried to stay together but it wasn't possible.

but it's not like novara would bench chirichella anyway soooo (even though they definitely should, carol or no carol)
Perhaps! But I think she can still do something good in her career. She's not even 30 years old. Maybe he needs a change of scenery and find new incentives. We'll see how it goes next season with this new coach, who knows if he will bring something new from his male experience. In the meantime she will definitely play the VNL, but we'll see if she'll be chosen for the most important appointments as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bad news for the lara stans: she got injured in trainings :bigcry:

idk how long she'll be out for

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

VNL szn !

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 May 2023, 03:07
Are there anyway to watch VNL without vbworldtv? I don't mind to pay but they only accept credit card and don't even allow googlepay to purchase subs on their app :unsure: like why they're making it difficult for fans?
There are plenty of ill3gal streams. Also check out your local streaming services. In my country we have free streaming but it's region blocked. Volleyball streaming rights are probably not that expensive unlike EPL so it's affordable for local streaming services.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shar2
Reactions:

Post by Shar2 »

Does anyone know where Adams is going next year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 May 2023, 05:07
How does volleyball world not have PayPal as a payment option? Like they'd make so much more money...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like national team season much more than club season.

Gray having a great game vs Poland. 20 pts in 2 sets so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Czyrnianska wow. Great game sense, and play under pressure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where our Brazilians at?!

China/Brazil is very fun so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everyone needs to warm up it seems. Some unexpected wins. Thought it was going to go Brazil and Serbia's way. Btw how did majority of the stronger teams all end up together in anatalya. Who did this draw? They need to rethink.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:31
Everyone needs to warm up it seems. Some unexpected wins. Thought it was going to go Brazil and Serbia's way. Btw how did majority of the stronger teams all end up together in anatalya. Who did this draw? They need to rethink.
I love that with a fresh coach Türkiye have a deeper bench. It's always been an issue. Also Vargas I love you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I think Brazil's loss was expected. This team got together less than two weeks ago, while China has been training as a team for months. Brazil is still lacking chemistry, there were many points lost due to miscommunication. Still, I think the potential is there, they had lots of good moments as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:07
Guest wrote:
I think Brazil's loss was expected. This team got together less than two weeks ago, while China has been training as a team for months. Brazil is still lacking chemistry, there were many points lost due to miscommunication. Still, I think the potential is there, they had lots of good moments as well.
There is so much potential. Young new team. I can't wait to see how they play in the next few weeks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 00:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There is so much potential. Young new team. I can't wait to see how they play in the next few weeks.
Da. Totally agree. I thought Brazil showed a lot of potential. Julia was mostly brilliant except she had a tough end to the game. If Ze can find a way to use AC, Gabi and Julia they will be impossible to contain. China’s passing and blocking really showed their level of prep. They were very good.

Serbia and USA was interesting, too. The USA could probably field 3 teams that could all compete with the top teams in the world. Interesting to see Kiraly plug in some new young players. The youngsters looked very good. Meanwhile Serbia showed promise. I love the way Drca distributes. Passing got a bit sloppy as the game went along and the pins were facing more fully formed blocks from a very tall USA squad. Injury to Taubner is unfortunate. Hopefully she’s not done for the summer. Would have loved to see what she can do. Guidetti said she had been practicing really well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tried to watch Croatia/Germany but the sight of Ferhat just sent me. It's too soon. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 02:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. Totally agree. I thought Brazil showed a lot of potential. Julia was mostly brilliant except she had a tough end to the game. If Ze can find a way to use AC, Gabi and Julia they will be impossible to contain. China’s passing and blocking really showed their level of prep. They were very good.

Serbia and USA was interesting, too. The USA could probably field 3 teams that could all compete with the top teams in the world. Interesting to see Kiraly plug in some new young players. The youngsters looked very good. Meanwhile Serbia showed promise. I love the way Drca distributes. Passing got a bit sloppy as the game went along and the pins were facing more fully formed blocks from a very tall USA squad. Injury to Taubner is unfortunate. Hopefully she’s not done for the summer. Would have loved to see what she can do. Guidetti said she had been practicing really well.
lol this is not true. They might have several setters and middles to choose from but they only have one good libero, two good oppo, and two hitters who can pass.
And US youngsters are like 22 years old, not teenagers like other countries. Since they started their pro career late, after ncaa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 04:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

lol this is not true. They might have several setters and middles to choose from but they only have one good libero, two good oppo, and two hitters who can pass.
And US youngsters are like 22 years old, not teenagers like other countries. Since they started their pro career late, after ncaa.
I don't think chronological age matters that much, it's all about experience. You can't compare a 22-year-old who's making her debut in the NT to 22-year-old Boskovic who had been a starter for like 5 years by then.
US (and Brazil also) players tend to peak later. Then you have China on the other side of the spectrum, where you have players like Yuan who is only 26 but is seen as a veteran. Chinese players usually retire in their late 20s, which would be unthinkable in Brazil barring a very serious injury, so it's all a matter of different volleyball cultures.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I didn't say they had 3 lineups that could win gold, just that they could field 3 teams that could compete with the best in the world. I stand by that. MBH, Larson, KRC, Plummer plus these youngsters on the outside. The middle also very deep. Carlini, Poulter, Hancock at S, among others. They have an abundance of great players. Also, this isn't USA fangirling. I'm just enjoying watching emerging players and new combinations on established teams on an international stage. I think that's one of the most entertaining parts of the VNL.

Kurtagic and Uzelac didn't make as big an impact for Serbia but the talent is plain to see. Would have loved to see Taubner, too. It will be interesting to see how much time Guidetti gives them with their schedule being so competitive right off the bat.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 06:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I didn't say they had 3 lineups that could win gold, just that they could field 3 teams that could compete with the best in the world. I stand by that. MBH, Larson, KRC, Plummer plus these youngsters on the outside. The middle also very deep. Carlini, Poulter, Hancock at S, among others. They have an abundance of great players. Also, this isn't USA fangirling. I'm just enjoying watching emerging players and new combinations on established teams on an international stage. I think that's one of the most entertaining parts of the VNL.

Kurtagic and Uzelac didn't make as big an impact for Serbia but the talent is plain to see. Would have loved to see Taubner, too. It will be interesting to see how much time Guidetti gives them with their schedule being so competitive right off the bat.
mbh is michelle? I thought she's retired? She's pulling a Larson?
Does Plummer improve with her passing? USA tall players like plummer and retke are not as dominating like tall players from other countries because they're slow as hell and not as athletic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 07:22
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 06:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

mbh is michelle? I thought she's retired? She's pulling a Larson?
Does Plummer improve with her passing? USA tall players like plummer and retke are not as dominating like tall players from other countries because they're slow as hell and not as athletic
Yeah, I thought MBH was just taking the year off so she's rested for the Olympic year?

Rettke, Butler and O'Neal have huge potential.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol: