Volleyball

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Let's talk volleyball. Anything goes, international games, the pro club season, NCAA games and even beach volleyball.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shari. Best couple that volleyball ever had. Too bad it turned out too bad.
Classic photo of when Brazil was Olympic champion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The thread I really needed! Thank you!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A lovely couple who are currently together.
Anne buijs of the Dutch national team and Carol of the Brazilian national team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Shari. Best couple that volleyball ever had. Too bad it turned out too bad.
They seem to be in very good terms today and Sheila herself said "it was good as long as it lasted". So yes, dramatic ending, but they are ok.
I still can't believed we had Shari confirmed after all those years, not that we weren't sure, but it was awesome to actually hear it from Sheilla

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't know Egonu was a lesbian. I like her even more now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ariele and Carol Gattaz. Brazilians players

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I didn't know Egonu was a lesbian. I like her even more now
She came out in an Italian newspaper last year so it was really brave of her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I didn't know Egonu was a lesbian. I like her even more now
She came out in an Italian newspaper last year so it was really brave of her
When she came out she was dating Skorupa, now I heard she is with Jovana Stevanovic, but I'm not sure about that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To that one Carli Lloyd stan, there's rumours that she's either retired or been phased out of international volleyball. She's been pretty useless for the US team so not surprising the coach doesn't want to call her up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:To that one Carli Lloyd stan, there's rumours that she's either retired or been phased out of international volleyball. She's been pretty useless for the US team so not surprising the coach doesn't want to call her up
Who's the main setter for US now? Carlini?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:To that one Carli Lloyd stan, there's rumours that she's either retired or been phased out of international volleyball. She's been pretty useless for the US team so not surprising the coach doesn't want to call her up
Who's the main setter for US now? Carlini?
I don't think there's a clear main setter now. Kiraly is testing all of them. Carlini and Poulter will play the VNL's finals.
Lloyd isn't having her best time, but I don't think we can count her out yet. She has just signed with Vitra, but they already have Boskovic, Kim, Natalia and Gibbemeyer. Two of them will have to stay in the bench on the Turkish, and I suppose Gibbemeyer and Lloyd are the most likely options, unless Natalia is injured

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So excited for the final round of VNL. Only upset that some of the games are at like 4 am where I live. Damn you, China. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So excited for the final round of VNL. Only upset that some of the games are at like 4 am where I live. Damn you, China.  :dramaqueen:
Why does China get to host so much if they don't even care about the competition. They're sending a total B team with a B coach, locals won't come to watch if Zhu isn't there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is VNL the world cup for volleyball?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is VNL the world cup for volleyball?
NOT.
This championship is annual and replaces the old Grand Prix.
The main championships are the Olympics and the World Champions Volleyball. The last world champions volleyball was in 2018 and the next one is in 2022. The Olympics in volleyball is a litle more important than the World Cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is VNL the world cup for volleyball?
No there's 2 different world cup tournaments. This one is more like the Algarve cup in football where teams send B teams to test them out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

VNL today results

Brazil beat Poland 3 - 2

Sets:
22 - 25
25 - 21
22 - 25
25 - 19
15 - 10

Turkey beat Italy 3 - 0

Sets:
25 - 21
25 - 15
25 - 21

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

USA beats Brazil to win the VNL 3-2: 2025 2225 2515 2521 1513

Seems like this group of rookies is working out for the US. But how many of them will make it to Tokyo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whats the next event? I watched some of vnl and yeah it's seem more like an Algarve. No Kim Hill and Foluke?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who are the lesbians? lesbian couples?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Natalia a lesbian?

Cs001
Reactions: 0

Post by Cs001 »

Any lesbian is the USA team ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Shari. Best couple that volleyball ever had. Too bad it turned out too bad.
Nice pic! Keep the pics coming. We need to see these beautiful women's faces.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

catlover wrote:Is  Natalia a lesbian?
I think it's unknown but she totally pings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Whats the next event? I watched some of vnl and yeah it's seem more like an Algarve. No Kim Hill and Foluke?
Pan American games! It starts next month

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volleyball_at..._American_Games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kira Walkenhorst olympic gold medailist beach volleyball
with her wife and her triplets!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvWcu3Wn-Jc/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
catlover wrote:Is Natalia a lesbian?
I think it's unknown but she totally pings.
There are rumors

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We should start a collaborative list of lesbian/bi players like the one we have in the FIFA World Cup thread.

I'll start with the ones I remember from Brazil:

Gabi
Roberta (with Bia)
Bia (with Roberta)
Sheila (bi, married to a guy, used to be with Mari)
Mari
Carol (with Netherland's Anne Bujis)
Carol Gattaz (with Arielle)
Arielle (with Carol Gattaz)
Naiane
Gabiru
Macris
Suelen
Juma
Thaisinha
Mayhara
Milka (with Argentina's Mimi Sosa)
Fabi Alvim (retired, married with a kid)
Rosamaria - ? (strong rumors to be bi)
Natalia - ? (rumored to be bi)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Whats the next event? I watched some of vnl and yeah it's seem more like an Algarve. No Kim Hill and Foluke?

Are countries still sending their B / youth teams? Since you could really tell from vnl even tho that I'm new on this volleyball thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are countries still sending their B / youth teams? Since you could really tell from vnl even tho that I'm new on this volleyball thing.
Yeah this one is mostly for youth teams, I know the US are sending a mostly collegiate or just graduated team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah this one is mostly for youth teams, I know the US are sending a mostly collegiate or just graduated team.
So Olympic is the only time we could see top teams facing each other?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There's a world cup that is one of the qualifiers for the Olympics you'll see the A teams there. In September I think so none of the college athletes go since it's the middle of NCAA season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There's a world cup that is one of the qualifiers for the Olympics you'll see the A teams there. In September I think so none of the college athletes go since it's the middle of NCAA season
Thanks. Some of the top college teams are actually really fun to watch. And I understand that national teams would have faster pace especially with all the star players. I tried to watch Italian league uploaded on YT but boi the broadcast quality is lower than NCAA, with only one angle camera.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bamp

when does ncaa preseason start?

any must watch games?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:bamp

any must watch games?
I think I saw someone say the first game is in 45 ish days. Athletes usually report back to college a week before. Stanford and Minny have a killer preseason schedule.

Also U20 worlds are going on right now and there's a pretty good live stream. Gotta say the Texas younguns are looking pretty good

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

any must watch games?
I think I saw someone say the first game is in 45 ish days. Athletes usually report back to college a week before. Stanford and Minny have a killer preseason schedule.

Also U20 worlds are going on right now and there's a pretty good live stream. Gotta say the Texas younguns are looking pretty good
wow you ain't lying

Stanford v Nebraska at NE? Drama

Minny v Oregon lmao still can't over their 2nd set last year

Texas always got good players but somehow they can't serve? I don't understand

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've spent the entire week just trying to catch up with all the NCAA games. There's 2 channels that are uploading videos so far. Main one - Second one.

There's been some big upsets so far no spoilers but the Big 10 is looking shaky. Texas is going to be scary good so the Sunday matchup with Stanford is going to be key.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I've spent the entire week just trying to catch up with all the NCAA games. There's 2 channels that are uploading videos so far. Main one - Second one.

There's been some big upsets so far no spoilers but the Big 10 is looking shaky. Texas is going to be scary good so the Sunday matchup with Stanford is going to be key.
OMG YES girl. Bunch of upsets! Love it.
Now if Texas could beat Stanford 3-0 at Maples that would be nice lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

any must watch games?

wow you ain't lying

Stanford v Nebraska at NE? Drama

Minny v Oregon lmao still can't over their 2nd set last year

Texas always got good players but somehow they can't serve? I don't understand
DA I can't wait for this btw

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I've spent the entire week just trying to catch up with all the NCAA games. There's 2 channels that are uploading videos so far. Main one - Second one.

I'm loving Baylor and Hawaii this season, such huge turnarounds and they were all in the same Oregon regional last year. I really hope Baylor takes down Texas in the Big 12.

Since BYU got taken down now Stanford has the longest running home win record so it'll definitely be something if Texas pulls the upset

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm loving Baylor and Hawaii this season, such huge turnarounds and they were all in the same Oregon regional last year. I really hope Baylor takes down Texas in the Big 12.

Since BYU got taken down now Stanford has the longest running home win record so it'll definitely be something if Texas pulls the upset
I haven't watch the Baylor game.

I hope they upload the Baylor game soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watching Serbia-Italy semi?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

catlover wrote:Anyone watching Serbia-Italy semi?

Fu*k I missed it. :-/

Serbia won. Serbia is winning the whole thing...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
catlover wrote:Anyone watching Serbia-Italy semi?

Fu*k I missed it. :-/

Serbia won. Serbia is winning the whole thing...
Yes bitch :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ebrar show us your dyke power tomorrow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

oh boi the upset continues with

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:oh boi the upset continues with
I've soured on Illinois due to the way their fans are so negative of Hambly and what he did there. They're putting their new coach on a pedestal but he's going to leave them for Nebraska the moment Cook retires

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

USC and UCLA are seriously depressing this season. I don't know what's going on between injuries and suspect coaching but they look so bad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:oh boi the upset continues with
I've soured on Illinois due to the way their fans are so negative of Hambly and what he did there. They're putting their new coach on a pedestal but he's going to leave them for Nebraska the moment Cook retires
lmao yes I noticed that too when lurking into vt, idk why they're like that? It's never good when you're too obsessed on hating someone. Tamas is good, but they talked like he's the second coming lmao