Guest wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:49
Christmas games
Aww, I love when our gif anon comes out to play. :wub:

Reactions:

Re: Volleyball

Post by Guest »

I saw some interesting rumours on volleybox the other day:

1. MBH and 2. Herbots to Novara. Assuming for next yr. The MBH rumour has since been removed.

3. Gabi to Conegliano. :blinkwide: That one was only up for a few hours.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:52
Guest wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:49
Christmas games
Aww, I love when our gif anon comes out to play. :wub:
every Brazilian uses gifs, it means more than words Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:58
I saw some interesting rumours on volleybox the other day:

1. MBH and 2. Herbots to Novara. Assuming for next yr. The MBH rumour has since been removed.

3. Gabi to Conegliano. :blinkwide: That one was only up for a few hours.
1. Do we know if MBH is coming back next year? If she is, it's possible. Novara were looking for another OH.
2. I mean, they definitely regret letting her go, so I can also see it happening.
3. Very unlikely. Gabi being made the first foreign captain shows that she is committed to the club long-term. Guidetti would also do anything to keep her.

Things I'm most curious about for the 2023/2024 transfer season:

1. Where Julia Bergmann is going.
2. Whether Zhu is going to stay at Scandicci.
3. Whether Boskovic is going to stay at Eczacibasi (I think she will tbh, if she wanted to leave she would have by now)
4. If Carol is staying in Brazil. She allegedly had offers from both Imoco and Fenerbahce for the 2022/2023 season, but chose to stay at Praia. Anne probably played a big role in that. If some team can offer a contract for both of them, I think it's possible that she will leave. But I feel like she's happy at Praia and not by any means desperate to go somewhere else.
5. What Vakifbank is going to do about their OH2 situation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally, smurf! :smurf:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Welcome back everyone.
Let's refresh this thread with a new couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Girl if that tattoo is real :nervous: She JUST got her ex’s face on her thigh and then they broke up.

Anyway, why’d we get a sports section? :lol:

Catch us up with the latest please, rumor mill seems to have chilled a little. Fener devastated Vakif, Imoco still seems umbeatable, Eczaci confusing as ever and of course the Brazilian league itself is confusing as ever, tho also still very gay thankfully. What else is new

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sooo what did we miss in the volleyball of worlds in the past month or so ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is all sports in separated section, so stupid. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sending prayers to everyone in Turkey. ❤️ What a tragedy 😢 First thing I thought of when I heard the news was the volleyball players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s bad… all sports and culture activities in Turkey have been halted.

Only Eczaci is going to play tomorrow because the Polish team didn't ask for a postponement. They have to play while other athletes are collecting goods for the crises regions. This is a very heartless decision

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 20:20
It’s bad… all sports and culture activities in Turkey have been halted.

Only Eczaci is going to play tomorrow because the Polish team didn't ask for a postponement. They have to play while other athletes are collecting goods for the crises regions. This is a very heartless decision
It's heartbreaking. I can't imagine :hug: The players helping in the crises are heroes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I will never forget the help of Brazilian volleyball community and Bia. Every time I see her instagram stories I get emotional and start to tear up. Thank you guys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi, girls, first, a prayer for Turkiye and Syria! :hug:

I wasn't watching volleyball in the last month, Gabi was injured, or she didn't play some games because of Sheilla's grandmother death last week and she went to Brazil to support her? Is she playing now?

Is Macris still on the bench? Lazareva returned to play well?

TIA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 04:59
Hi, girls, first, a prayer for Turkiye and Syria! :hug:

I wasn't watching volleyball in the last month, Gabi was injured, or she didn't play some games because of Sheilla's grandmother death last week and she went to Brazil to support her? Is she playing now?

Is Macris still on the bench? Lazareva returned to play well?

TIA
1. Gabi is injured. She hasn't played since the Novara game early January. She did come in to serve last match, though, so I think she's getting better.
2. Macris is back to being a starter. She's been playing well, the link with Vargas is very good.
3. Lazareva came in during the match against Stuttgart (I think?) because Vargas was having an off day and she played well.

My thoughts are with Turkiye and Syria. I hope your loved ones are safe. A death toll of 28.000+, what an awful tragedy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've had so much fun watching the Thai league lately. The players are so skillful, the rallies usually extended and the arenas have been quite lively.

Glad this place is back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's been a while and I've missed my comedic hits of dopamine :hug:

But before anything else. My heart and support go out to Türkiye and Syria and the devastation that continues.

The Turkish league has a big question mark looming. The male league have already let foreign players go.

However in the women's league the top teams are not just competing in Turkish league and CEV aren't making further allowances due to scheduling **read as corporate heartlessness

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 12:23

But before anything else. My heart and support go out to Türkiye and Syria and the devastation that continues.

The Turkish league has a big question mark looming. The male league have already let foreign players go.

However in the women's league the top teams are not just competing in Turkish league and CEV aren't making further allowances due to scheduling **read as corporate heartlessness

I think the Turkish teams may stop for the year. The scale of what's happened there is unimaginable. There were so many people trapped and alive but no help available because the area of destruction was so immense. It's shocking and heart breaking. Prayers for all those affected. Rebuilding those areas will take a decade or more.

I haven't seen any more news of Paola to Milano. I think it's Boskovic who will end up there. Though if Naz and Robin end up at Ecz she might think twice. One of the Ecz management was quoted in the media just before the earthquake that they would like to re-sign her but there is no indication from her end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 19:01
Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 12:23

I think the Turkish teams may stop for the year. The scale of what's happened there is unimaginable. There were so many people trapped and alive but no help available because the area of destruction was so immense. It's shocking and heart breaking. Prayers for all those affected. Rebuilding those areas will take a decade or more.

I haven't seen any more news of Paola to Milano. I think it's Boskovic who will end up there. Though if Naz and Robin end up at Ecz she might think twice. One of the Ecz management was quoted in the media just before the earthquake that they would like to re-sign her but there is no indication from her end.
Stopping for the year during a pre-olympic year? We won't be able to keep ANY of the foreigners here, understandably too. And our chances of Qualifying for the Olympics will be shot too, almost ALL of the most recent Turkish NT players play locally.. I shouldn't have to add this but the written word is open to misunderstanding; I don't mean to minimize the devastation or the scale of what happened. It's not about that. Logically, we are not asking for any other industry (but the "entertainment" industry) to stop, and Volleyball is only entertainment for the viewer, not the athlete.

If they must, they could take the entertainment part of it out of the equation and voila. No viewers, no audience, just athletes doing their thing and improving themselves. That might even be why they decided to have the Fener match be in Germany (neutral ground) and without an audience.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My guess may be the rest of the local league is a write off but they won't forfeit CL... Maaaaybe CEV cup?

Also I've always said VNL 20..21? (what even is time) was imo, one of the best set ups. Not great for the athletes ofcourse but just pure talent vs talent.

I admire these women because they have to dig deep, especially during distress, they have to be strong in order to serve as a beacon of hope. Especially given the adoration of the Turkish players. It's really touching though how solidarity has been shown in volleyball leagues around the world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 23:17
My guess may be the rest of the local league is a write off but they won't forfeit CL... Maaaaybe CEV cup?

Also I've always said VNL 20..21? (what even is time) was imo, one of the best set ups. Not great for the athletes ofcourse but just pure talent vs talent.

I admire these women because they have to dig deep, especially during distress, they have to be strong in order to serve as a beacon of hope. Especially given the adoration of the Turkish players. It's really touching though how solidarity has been shown in volleyball leagues around the world.
That seems probable. I wonder if they are practising or if the clubs have been shut down for now. I cannot imagine trying to function when people are still trapped in the rubble. Many from the volleyball community have perished or are trapped. There was a tweet yesterday from Hatay that the girls team there is still trapped and some still alive. I can't find the tweet now, but it's unthinkable. I'm sick just thinking of these poor people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 02:12
Guest wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 23:17

That seems probable. I wonder if they are practising or if the clubs have been shut down for now. I cannot imagine trying to function when people are still trapped in the rubble. Many from the volleyball community have perished or are trapped. There was a tweet yesterday from Hatay that the girls team there is still trapped and some still alive. I can't find the tweet now, but it's unthinkable. I'm sick just thinking of these poor people.
They're definitely training because the top three have matches, but I don't believe it will be business as usual wherein they'll post anything about it and that's completely understandable. Right now the clubs and players are all dedicating their platforms to generating awareness on how to help domestically and internationally.

I honestly cannot fathom how it would feel. The mindset that they need to get into. Will it make them play harder or distracted.

Aside from the neutral ground and no fans, I respect what Novara has done as well. All proceeds from tix and mercy go to relief support.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kinda surprised by this. I saw a comment on one of the Italian blogs yesterday that the Italian teams just couldn’t offer what she was getting from Ecz. Scandicci and Milano both offered 1M euros. 1.45M Euros prob makes Bosko the highest salaried female athlete in the world. A good day for women’s sports. Congrats to one of the thread faves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:05
Kinda surprised by this. I saw a comment on one of the Italian blogs yesterday that the Italian teams just couldn’t offer what she was getting from Ecz. Scandicci and Milano both offered 1M euros. 1.45M Euros prob makes Bosko the highest salaried female athlete in the world. A good day for women’s sports. Congrats to one of the thread faves.
At this stage she's the mascot. No but seriously ecz wouldn't be able to fill those shoes and the morale of the squad. Naz and Boskovic though I'm excited to see. Also there are only maybe 2 others that maaaaybe 3 that could be at that level because Vargas is peaking atm but even then she's not Boskovic.

Vargas in NT season though... Gotta love it. Also it puts pressure on Karakurt to be more refined. Unless she, Vargas, is used as an OH.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 06:00
Guest wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 18:05
At this stage she's the mascot. No but seriously ecz wouldn't be able to fill those shoes and the morale of the squad. Naz and Boskovic though I'm excited to see. Also there are only maybe 2 others that maaaaybe 3 that could be at that level because Vargas is peaking atm but even then she's not Boskovic.

Vargas in NT season though... Gotta love it. Also it puts pressure on Karakurt to be more refined. Unless she, Vargas, is used as an OH.
I would be interested to see Bosko w Naz but not under Ferhat's direction. I hope that changes next season. The blocking of Jack-Kisal and passing of Voronkova and Baladin have degraded over the course of the season. The only player improving over the season is Jasmin. That's on the coaching staff, imo.

If I had to guess, in addition to money and loyalty the willingness of the club to manage Bosko's minutes and swings better this season might have been a selling point. Fabris has been a hell of a backup.

Still I'm kinda surprised by Bosko staying after the last 2 seasons where she's looked annoyed at the lack of discipline, execution and preparation of teammates on a consistent basis.

Vargas is very interesting to me. I don't think she has quite the same game sense of the Big 3. She's more of a hitter than a player, at this point, but her upside is huge. Her serve is arguably the best in the world, already though. I'm sure Santarelli will find a way to use both she and Ebrar. He's probably also calling Naz nonstop to try to get her back. It will be fun to watch the Turkish team evolve this summer.

The changes at THY next season will also be interesting to see. Will they be "little Brazil"?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ohh coach discussions :shifty:

Look for all the shit given to him Ferhat is doing alright. Said knowing it's not just about his coaching ability but his demeanour. I think he lacks any charisma.

I'm hoping THY will but caps on foreigners wouldn't allow it. I hope Ze turns it into a club players look to go to.

Terzic... I really wish they'd get rid of him. I mean I wouldn't even know who but I know men of his type. They aren't bad but their approach is definitely insensitive. These days it doesn't work in lifting the morale of players and getting the best out of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is rosamaria dating a man now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think the fact that sports threads are now seperated out has killed traffic. Might be good for their servers but it's really segregated shit out so that youd have to be a willing fan to navigate your way into the area. Not sure if I'm for it. I've spent too long away from you rambuctious lot and shady brazilians to be met with quiet.

Because it's nearing CL finals and there are hella good matches and nada.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've spent too long away from you rambuctious lot and shady brazilians to be met with quiet.
wat =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:05
I've spent too long away from you rambuctious lot and shady brazilians to be met with quiet.
wat =_=
Yeah you know it. But I like it... Keeps life a little bit brighter 😉

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 12:05
Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 09:05
wat =_=
Yeah you know it. But I like it... Keeps life a little bit brighter 😉

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol I had written a reply but got lost in work and lost it.

Basically where are the big hitters going
Boskovic in ecz
Haak to stay in imoco
Egonu back to Italy somewhere??
Vargas in Fener second half..bur what does that mean about vakif?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Idk how they can see the match from far away tho

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 05:35
Lol I had written a reply but got lost in work and lost it.

Basically where are the big hitters going
Boskovic in ecz
Haak to stay in imoco
Egonu back to Italy somewhere??
Vargas in Fener second half..bur what does that mean about vakif?
vakif wants akimova apparently. she's not at the level of the top 4 yet, but she has a lot of pontential. she's kinda haak-like in the way she plays imo. bella herself wasn't as good as bosko and egonu when she first came to vakif, but she improved a lot under guidetti. could work.

idk what they're going to do about cansu though. the foreign limit being 3 makes it hard to fit a foreign setter, but cansu is just... not it. idk what happened to her, she wasn't this bad before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Came across this old tweet and now I'm sad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 05:47

Came across this old tweet and now I'm sad
Haha I saw a couple of fanvids on yt and they were really quite cute together. Too bad the breakup was so messy. Hope Roberta finds a nice loyal gf.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A snipped of Vakif gossip delivered by the manicure lady :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 20:42

Sadly it’s deleted! What’s the scoop?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 22:07
Guest wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 20:42

Sadly it’s deleted! What’s the scoop?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ohhhhhh shiiii who's it about :ragee:

It would be rad to see how Akimova does but is she ready for it? A lot of young people have potential but when thrust into the top clubs aren't ready because of the pressure. And this is Vakif. Being a starter for the whole season for a midttier team can do wonders. But hey let's see no.. If they do get her.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

wake up gays buijrol are MARRIED :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 17:31

Just came here to post the same thing haha. They are the cutest!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 17:34
guest wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 17:31

Just came here to post the same thing haha. They are the cutest!

What a lovestory! We deserved a win! They're precious :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ah oh my god, from the love that oozes out from them to the way they are loved everywhere in the VB world, my heart has grown seeing all that. I wonder if they'll have a wedding (I think this is just the civil? not sure how it's done in Brazil), you can tell all the gay volleyball players would want to be there. Heck I want to be there and I barely know them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 21:16
Ah oh my god, from the love that oozes out from them to the way they are loved everywhere in the VB world, my heart has grown seeing all that. I wonder if they'll have a wedding (I think this is just the civil? not sure how it's done in Brazil), you can tell all the gay volleyball players would want to be there. Heck I want to be there and I barely know them.
in brazil it's common to have a smaller, more informal celebration (usually lunch with like 10ish people) for the civil wedding and then later have a bigger reception which is the proper wedding party. so they might do something else too, i would guess at the end of the season.

some people just skip the party altogether though. my parents just did the civil wedding and had a month-long honeymoon trip instead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Praia Clube congratulating Carol and Anne on their marriage... Novara could never.

I hope they can find themselves a gay-friendly team next season if they really are headed to Europe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 04:50
Praia Clube congratulating Carol and Anne on their marriage... Novara could never.

I hope they can find themselves a gay-friendly team next season if they really are headed to Europe.
Well,we have the Pope as a neighbour and Novara's president is a nun... i wouldn't have any expectations :dramaqueen: