WNBA - Part III

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I know it's early but who y'all liking for this year?
Chicago!
They've been a bit of a surprise for me this year tbh. If EDD and toliver can stay healthy I'm thinking the mystics

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I know it's early but who y'all liking for this year?
Chicago!
It looks like a Sun & Mystics finals to me. The Sky have been big improvers but I don't think they can go as far as the finals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder when Samuelson gets healthy if she could make an impact for chicago. She hasn't really found her stride on the team but if she becomes a big scorer I could see the sky being more lethal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

is jewell loyd okay? :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:is jewell loyd okay?  :'(
No she'll be out for a bit I'm betting

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:is jewell loyd okay? :'(
Idk how bad it is, but she went off on Mo Currie for mocking her
"hope you have a job tomorrow" https://twitter.com/jewellloyd/status/1143742017651892224

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
"hope you have a job tomorrow" https://twitter.com/jewellloyd/status/1143742017651892224
Messy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Messy
guess she thought the same cuz she deleted it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1149406787071881221
All-star starters are in. Some new faces. I'm surprised Kia Nurse got more votes than Tina Charles. Lots of Aces this year. Can't wait to see the final roster

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So is anyone seeing this shit on twitter about Natasha Howard abusing her wife???

Her wife is tweeting out all this shit, videos, screen shots of messages saying Howard tried to stab her. And somehow Howard is retweeting all of this stuff. This is not a good look and could possibly ruin Howard's career.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So is anyone seeing this shit on twitter about Natasha Howard abusing her wife???

Her wife is tweeting out all this shit, videos, screen shots of messages saying Howard tried to stab her. And somehow Howard is retweeting all of this stuff. This is not a good look and could possibly ruin Howard's career.
I didn't even know natasha howard had social media. can you link any of the tweets?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:So is anyone seeing this shit on twitter about Natasha Howard abusing her wife???

I didn't even know natasha howard had social media. can you link any of the tweets?
I dont know how to do that lol

Her wifes @stopthepress93

Just read everything. I think Howard's career is going to be over, but then some of the stuff is hard to understand

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

idk about her career being over. i mean riquna williams still has a career. so does brittney griner. at most i could maybe see them removing her from the all stars, but even that's doubtful. i think a lot depends on whether the wife presses charges or not

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:idk about her career being over. i mean riquna williams still has a career. so does brittney griner. at most i could maybe see them removing her from the all stars, but even that's doubtful. i think a lot depends on whether the wife presses charges or not
But did Griner or William's get accused of trying to stab their girlfriends? I mean Howard's wife says she stabbed her in the chest and leg.

Like why the fuck would you not report someone for stabbing you in the chest or leg???? This whole thing is insane.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:idk about her career being over. i mean riquna williams still has a career. so does brittney griner. at most i could maybe see them removing her from the all stars, but even that's doubtful. i think a lot depends on whether the wife presses charges or not
But did Griner or William's get accused of trying to stab their girlfriends? I mean Howard's wife says she stabbed her in the chest and leg.

Like why the fuck would you not report someone for stabbing you in the chest or leg???? This whole thing is insane.
Going through her tweets makes it seems like this occurred while they were in Russia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Going through her tweets makes it seems like this occurred while they were in Russia.
The league needs to suspend Howard

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

off topic but is Kelsey Plum gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Howard's wife posted more screen shots and pictures. One of the pictures looks like it has filters in it? Am I just seeing things????

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So Howard's wife posted more screen shots and pictures. One of the pictures looks like it has filters in it? Am I just seeing things????
Yeah I saw the photos of the bruises and idk why she put a filter over one of them. Also in one of the screenshots she said that she was going to use a fake name at the hospital which doesn't make any sense. Hospital records would have been useful in the investigation so why would she use a fake name?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:So Howard's wife posted more screen shots and pictures. One of the pictures looks like it has filters in it? Am I just seeing things????
Yeah I saw the photos of the bruises and idk why she put a filter over one of them. Also in one of the screenshots she said that she was going to use a fake name at the hospital which doesn't make any sense. Hospital records would have been useful in the investigation so why would she use a fake name?
The picture of her face definitely has filters over it, so it kind of doesnt look real, but neck part does to me. But why put a filter and not the real picture to show people the real evidence?

Appearantly the stabbing happened in Russia so she says. So that's why she didnt go to the police. But why not go to the police when she gets back in the states??? I actually saw her at the home opener in Seattle. There is also a video of her yelling at Howard like Howard was a child in timeout because she chased her with a dust pan. Did you see that? That entire video was weird with Howard on her knees apologizing and her wife yelling at her like she was a little kid.

Both of them need some serious help.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The picture of her face definitely has filters over it, so it kind of doesnt look real, but neck part does to me. But why put a filter and not the real picture to show people the real evidence?

Appearantly the stabbing happened in Russia so she says. So that's why she didnt go to the police. But why not go to the police when she gets back in the states??? I actually saw her at the home opener in Seattle. There is also a video of her yelling at Howard like Howard was a child in timeout because she chased her with a dust pan. Did you see that? That entire video was weird with Howard on her knees apologizing and her wife yelling at her like she was a little kid.

Both of them need some serious help.
Ikr, what if after all this they end up getting back together...
This whole situation is weird

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Howard's wife says that she could have Natasha Howard arrested, but doesnt want that, she wants her to get help.

Umm if Howard really did stab her in the chest and leg, why the fuck would you not report that to the police???

I'm not defending Howard, but why in the world did her wife not have Tashas arrested in Russia or when she got back to the states, considering Howard tried to kill her from what this entire thing sounds like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So Howard's wife says that she could have Natasha Howard arrested, but doesnt want that, she wants her to get help.

Umm if Howard really did stab her in the chest and leg, why the fuck would you not report that to the police???

I'm not defending Howard, but why in the world did her wife not have Tashas arrested in Russia or when she got back to the states, considering Howard tried to kill her from what this entire thing sounds like.
Because women who are in destructive relationships often forgive their abusers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:So Howard's wife says that she could have Natasha Howard arrested, but doesnt want that, she wants her to get help.

Because women who are in destructive relationships often forgive their abusers.
Well sorry but this is flat out dumb to not have Howard arrested right now. You are posting everything she has done, now go to the police and have Howard arrested.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That's why i don't think anything is going to come of this. The wife isn't going to press charges, and the league isn't going to suspend Howard. Maybe Howard will take a hiatus while she gets "help"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So William's with a 10 game suspension..Why didnt they just suspend her the first 10 games of the season considering she was arrested??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So William's with a 10 game suspension..Why didnt they just suspend her the first 10 games of the season considering she was arrested??
They probably weren't planning on suspending her so as not to bring attention to her arrest, but people found out anyways and wouldn't leave it alone so they were forced to suspend her. But you're right, if they had just suspended her immediately in the beginning of the season, it would've been old news by now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saw ESPN talking about Howard's situation last night. There's no direct policy regarding domestic violence apparently. Suggested the team should investigate before moving forward with any punishment because that could prejudice her legally if it went to court.
She's doing so well on the team though. She's vastly improved. Now the WNBA is in that awkward spot of highlighting her accomplishments on the bball court and skirting around her domestic violence issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It seems like they both have a lot of issues

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:off topic but is Kelsey Plum gay?
I think she had a boyfriend in college but ya never know when they get into the W

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watch the sky fever game? I can't believe after dolson had a temper tantrum to the ref at halftime she was getting every call the 3rd quarter and then bitched about on the half time report. I think it was the ref who does a lot of the UConn games so I'm not surprised tho, just annoyed that these refs can be so inconsistent

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Anyone watch the sky fever game? I can't believe after dolson had a temper tantrum to the ref at halftime she was getting every call the 3rd quarter and then bitched about on the half time report. I think it was the ref who does a lot of the UConn games so I'm not surprised tho, just annoyed that these refs can be so inconsistent
I saw the game. Dolson's always like that so I was surprised they actually listened to her this time. Even the commentators said something about how dolson should be in politics because of the way she was able to win the refs over. Would like to see more consistency, but I'm still happy the Sky won though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Anyone watch the sky fever game? I can't believe after dolson had a temper tantrum to the ref at halftime she was getting every call the 3rd quarter and then bitched about on the half time report. I think it was the ref who does a lot of the UConn games so I'm not surprised tho, just annoyed that these refs can be so inconsistent
I saw the game. Dolson's always like that so I was surprised they actually listened to her this time. Even the commentators said something about how dolson should be in politics because of the way she was able to win the refs over. Would like to see more consistency, but I'm still happy the Sky won though
My girlfriend likes them so I root for them when I can but it's hard when dolson bullied her way to sway calls. Although I think refs in general continue inconsistent and biased

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just saw the IG story of Sue Bird wishing the Olympics crew well wishes. Is she not going to the Olympics next year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I just saw the IG story of Sue Bird wishing the Olympics crew well wishes. Is she not going to the Olympics next year?
She should be back in shape by then, shouldn't she? I could maybe see taurasi not making the olympics since her injury is a bit more serious, but I don't see any reason why Sue would skip out on the olympics? Idk...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I just saw the IG story of Sue Bird wishing the Olympics crew well wishes. Is she not going to the Olympics next year?
She should be back in shape by then, shouldn't she? I could maybe see taurasi not making the olympics since her injury is a bit more serious, but I don't see any reason why Sue would skip out on the olympics? Idk...
Maybe she's thinking of retiring

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maybe she's thinking of retiring
I mean she's been so vocal about how she wants to keep playing and how she gets annoyed when people ask about her retirement, so i doubt thats it, but who knows...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wheeler playing lights out today was cool to watch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are Bonner and Dupree back together?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Are Bonner and Dupree back together?
I haven't heard anything about them for a long time. Did they have any telling interactions at the game tonight?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Are Bonner and Dupree back together?
Aren't they married? Did they separate or divorce?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So apparently the national team is going on an exhibition tour, playing against college teams, so that probably explains it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With all due respect to sue bird she shouldn't be going to the Olympics next year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:With all due respect to sue bird she shouldn't be going to the Olympics next year.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but who do you think is the better candidate?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:With all due respect to sue bird she shouldn't be going to the Olympics next year.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but who do you think is the better candidate?
I'm not sure there is a better candidate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgiRV1g6ab0
Can Griner just be banned already???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgiRV1g6ab0
All the abusers really, but they're talented and the league wants them around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgiRV1g6ab0
All the abusers really, but they're talented and the league wants them around.
But is griner more talented than someone else who isn't constantly getting ejected? Also all the apologists on twitter acting like griner was in the right or that is was self-defense or something make me sick. When the person you're attacking is literally running away from you, how are you gonna pretend like it's self-defense?