Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 13:06
Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 12:22
Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 11:32
God rhali Dobson is insufferable on dubzone….just projects her shit for views.
Yeah, she’s very annoying. I get trying to promote the A League, but someone like Heyman is past the international level.
Op. Heyman dragged her over the jets comments so I found that interesting but her dismissing the Matilda’s 7 game winning streak as not good enough for her was laughable. Like when I watched the video and heard her take on it and her facial expressions I thought this girl has seriously lost the plot. Iv never liked her tbh…I remember how her bf used to write weird comments on Melbourne city’s Facebook page because kyah would get selected over her 😂
Da. I agree with the both of you. Seems like she just likes to say controversial things for attention. I guess when she went to the media with her 'woe is me I was straight and surrounded by lesbos on all my teams' shit when LDV stirred that pot she realized she got more attention for that than anything soccer related. Hell she got more attention for when her brain damaged boyfriend/husband proposed to her on the field compared to anything else she ever did in soccer.

She comes across as a very bitter person and I'm not even sure why's she's been given a platform to spout her views on things she doesn't care to understand like why the Matildas setup is the way. Her 'who? who-ing' about who we beat in the 7 game winning streak was irritating as fuck, refusing to give credit for beating the likes of Sweden (who had the upper hand on us in other games against them just over 1 year prior), Denmark (we lost to them in mid-2021 too), and Spain (underpowered yes but still a team with many formidable players). While the Canada games before the winning streak were loses they were close loses too to the current Olympic Gold medalists.

Nevermind the whole contract system which ensures that there is a core of players that can dedicate their lives 100% to soccer, you would think a former player would understand the concept of team chemistry as to why half the team isn't dropped every camp only months prior to the WC. The Matildas didn't go on strike in 2015 to fight for this system of at least minimum wage for contracted players just for some no-name who never sniffed a senior Matildas jersey nevermind played in one to speak so ignorantly about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 19:38
It’s really nice to see her happy!

Reactions:

Post by 2826 »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 21:22
Guest wrote:
Must say she’s wayyyyy hotter then Carson good job Macca

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Macca’s new girl is hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah, she’s very annoying. I get trying to promote the A League, but someone like Heyman is past the international level.
Op. Heyman dragged her over the jets comments so I found that interesting but her dismissing the Matilda’s 7 game winning streak as not good enough for her was laughable. Like when I watched the video and heard her take on it and her facial expressions I thought this girl has seriously lost the plot. Iv never liked her tbh…I remember how her bf used to write weird comments on Melbourne city’s Facebook page because kyah would get selected over her 😂
Oh she's definitely a piece of work. Her bf was writing disparaging remarks about players (and the coach) for the duration of the season. She's bitter about everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 14:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. I agree with the both of you. Seems like she just likes to say controversial things for attention. I guess when she went to the media with her 'woe is me I was straight and surrounded by lesbos on all my teams' shit when LDV stirred that pot she realized she got more attention for that than anything soccer related. Hell she got more attention for when her brain damaged boyfriend/husband proposed to her on the field compared to anything else she ever did in soccer.

She comes across as a very bitter person and I'm not even sure why's she's been given a platform to spout her views on things she doesn't care to understand like why the Matildas setup is the way. Her 'who? who-ing' about who we beat in the 7 game winning streak was irritating as fuck, refusing to give credit for beating the likes of Sweden (who had the upper hand on us in other games against them just over 1 year prior), Denmark (we lost to them in mid-2021 too), and Spain (underpowered yes but still a team with many formidable players). While the Canada games before the winning streak were loses they were close loses too to the current Olympic Gold medalists.

Nevermind the whole contract system which ensures that there is a core of players that can dedicate their lives 100% to soccer, you would think a former player would understand the concept of team chemistry as to why half the team isn't dropped every camp only months prior to the WC. The Matildas didn't go on strike in 2015 to fight for this system of at least minimum wage for contracted players just for some no-name who never sniffed a senior Matildas jersey nevermind played in one to speak so ignorantly about it.
^^ This comment 👏🏼👏🏼

Reactions:

Post by guest »

arsenal breaking all of our players =_=

crummer is going to start against england now isnt she? :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Absolutely agree with all of this, those teams were still very respectable competition, and regarding the contracts it’s a complicated situation and honestly I think rhali being given a platform to just project her bitterness is toxic. You have to give credit where it’s due because it’s definitely been earned by the Matilda’s, so when I saw her go on that rant I honestly couldn’t believe it because she literally sounded so stupid it was embarrassing. It also shows she’s never been apart of the senior national team and probably still blaming kyah or god knows who else lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 13:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Absolutely agree with all of this, those teams were still very respectable competition, and regarding the contracts it’s a complicated situation and honestly I think rhali being given a platform to just project her bitterness is toxic. You have to give credit where it’s due because it’s definitely been earned by the Matilda’s, so when I saw her go on that rant I honestly couldn’t believe it because she literally sounded so stupid it was embarrassing. It also shows she’s never been apart of the senior national team and probably still blaming kyah or god knows who else lol.
She and LDV are both extremely bitter and jealous of the success the Matildas have had. Dobson because she never really was part of the senior squad, LDV because the success came too late for her to enjoy it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 12:49
arsenal breaking all of our players =_=

crummer is going to start against england now isnt she? :sadangel:
i'm worried about our ability to score goals without foord, toby better not revert back to kerr as a single striker

having the two upfront was working so well. id like to see fowler up top with kerr for these games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When I was googling to see when the Matildas doc comes out I came across this. It looks like a possible playlist with some of the soundtrack. It's all "clean" music.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2826 wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 22:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. Can't help but wonder what would have happened if they were still together when Kirsty joined west ham. Mac stay loyal or jump ship? The latter I think, messy situation possibly avoided.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 22:24
2826 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. Can't help but wonder what would have happened if they were still together when Kirsty joined west ham. Mac stay loyal or jump ship? The latter I think, messy situation possibly avoided.
DA. It was still messy on Carson's end without the ifs ands or buts.
Carson and her new gf are kinda cringe. 1.They look related 2. they post so much from early in their rship they seem like they're overcompensating for something. I had to unfollow a while ago but now I have to see them again cause I wanna follow Chidz at Louisville.
From the little by little we've seen from Macca and Kirsty they seem cute. I loved Macca showing Kirsty doing a Tim Tam slam the other day :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 23:24
Guest wrote:
2826 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Carson and her new gf are kinda cringe. 1.They look related 2. they post so much from early in their rship they seem like they're overcompensating for something. I had to unfollow a while ago but now I have to see them again cause I wanna follow Chidz at Louisville.
From the little by little we've seen from Macca and Kirsty they seem cute. I loved Macca showing Kirsty doing a Tim Tam slam the other day :lol:
I keep waiting for them to pop up on Siblings or Dating. They look SO much alike. Also didn’t they buy a house together after dating for like a second?

Macca seems really happy with Kirsty. I was kinda surprised Kirsty has been pretty open, she was rumored to be into women but very much private and closeted. She seems really happy as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 03:09
Guest wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 23:24
Guest wrote:
2826 wrote:
Guest wrote:

I keep waiting for them to pop up on Siblings or Dating. They look SO much alike. Also didn’t they buy a house together after dating for like a second?

Macca seems really happy with Kirsty. I was kinda surprised Kirsty has been pretty open, she was rumored to be into women but very much private and closeted. She seems really happy as well.
Really cringe. Just like ‘the lesbian posh and becks,’ they also gave themselves a ship name. Carby or something :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Crummer starting :rofl: let me tell you if she starts against England she must have some serious dirt on the team :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 11:23
far out. I know he’s short on forwards but for gods sake put Fowler up top and play Chidiac in midfield. Not useless Crummer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Crummer is so annoying. Slow and in her own little world by the looks of it. She never looks to be on the same page as any of her teammates at all in other games she's played lately and I'm already see that again here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone else feel like Fowler’s progress has really stalled? She’s barely been sighted so far in this game and gets very few minutes for MC. I do hope she moves at the end of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 12:54
Does anyone else feel like Fowler’s progress has really stalled? She’s barely been sighted so far in this game and gets very few minutes for MC. I do hope she moves at the end of the season.
I’ve noticed it. She needs to move or go on loan or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I get that it was a ~different line up but fuck me what a shit half of soccer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:01
Same old story up front. No Kerr, no option. Grant and Carpenter had some great runs, but there’s never anyone to pass to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How’s carpenter been so far?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 12:54
Lauren James is everything Fowler I hoped would be. :bigcry:
It is also the lack of passion that bothers me. she is invisible.

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Fuck that was so boring. Crummer was shit as always but no one else seemed to have any desire to score. Yes, we're missing our 3 best players but our other starters have quality and should be playing like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:03
Guest wrote:
Same old story up front. No Kerr, no option. Grant and Carpenter had some great runs, but there’s never anyone to pass to.
As soon as the ball reached Crummer all our attacks just died then and there. Hayley had a couple of good runs inside too but then tried to work with Crummer and it came to fuck all. I'd like to see Vine on the ball a bit more close to the goal.

Defensively Hunt is getting a bit exposed when Grant is higher up trying to help with the attack. They need to be careful because the most dangerous attacks for Scotland were all coming down that side and it's only a matter of time until they punish us if we don't tighten that up in the second half.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
As soon as the ball reached Crummer all our attacks just died then and there. Hayley had a couple of good runs inside too but then tried to work with Crummer and it came to fuck all. I'd like to see Vine on the ball a bit more close to the goal.

Defensively Hunt is getting a bit exposed when Grant is higher up trying to help with the attack. They need to be careful because the most dangerous attacks for Scotland were all coming down that side and it's only a matter of time until they punish us if we don't tighten that up in the second half.
da -yea its obvious theyre going to want to go down the side of the way less experienced grant/hunt instead of carpenter/polks. speaking of can we get a couple more set pieces so polks can score for us. with the dire front 3 from the 1st half it might be the only way

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this way england will destroy us

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ugh the goal.

UGH SO CLOSE. Get Vine more involved!!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don’t think that’s it, foord has scored more goals then Sam lately. I think there is a real difference when raso and Fowler are working around a potent first class strike combination of foord and Kerr. Crummer is a poison ☠️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This has definitely been a better second half, despite the goal. I doubt whether Crummer will get many minutes if she makes the WC roster. If everyone is fit, she shouldn’t make the squad anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And you see why we need Chidiac! Already more positive play than Crummer. Fuck Tony and his Crummer experiment

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:36
This has definitely been a better second half, despite the goal. I doubt whether Crummer will get many minutes if she makes the WC roster. If everyone is fit, she shouldn’t make the squad anyway.
Crummer is just SLOW. Raso, Carpenter and Vine need a faster centre forward who can keep up with them. It will be a loss to not have Vine’s crossing ability on the wing but I think she’d be a better match up top with Kerr in the next game than any other available options. Fowler isn’t impressing there. She’s playing too far back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can we please squeeze just one goal? I'll settle for a draw now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:53
Can we please squeeze just one goal? I'll settle for a draw now.
I’ll take the loss if this is what it takes to make Tony realise Crummer isn’t it.

Next game better have Chidiac starting in midfield and either Raso or Vine up top with Kerr.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The lack of playing time that some of these players have had recently has never been more obvious. The numerous players in the Swedish league have only played 1 or 2 games a piece. Carpenter is still building form after her ACL. Raso and Fowler are glued to the bench at Man City.
I get that's maybe what Tony was wanting to do, get some minutes in these players to see where they're at despite the rust and lack of form, but it's still frustrating to lose to a team we should be capable of beating. There was a bit of bad ball luck especially with Vine's goal off the crossbar but we need to be more clinical.
This was our B team but it shows we're still too overreliant on certain players, and when we lose them through injury or load management/rotation we run into this kind of trouble.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:10
The lack of playing time that some of these players have had recently has never been more obvious. The numerous players in the Swedish league have only played 1 or 2 games a piece. Carpenter is still building form after her ACL. Raso and Fowler are glued to the bench at Man City.
I get that's maybe what Tony was wanting to do, get some minutes in these players to see where they're at despite the rust and lack of form, but it's still frustrating to lose to a team we should be capable of beating. There was a bit of bad ball luck especially with Vine's goal off the crossbar but we need to be more clinical.
This was our B team but it shows we're still too overreliant on certain players, and when we lose them through injury or load management/rotation we run into this kind of trouble.
This wasn’t even the B team it was the C team. Even from the options available it was a bad lineup. I thought Tony had finally got his act together but this wasn’t it.

Mary Fowler really needs to find herself a team that will play her. I’d be interested to see her in NWSL… she needs to be a bit more physical and stop getting knocked off the ball.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Crummer should never play for the national team, there’s no way we would have lost this if foord and kerr were up there. The chemistry they have with vine, raso, kyra is irreplaceable. Crummer isn’t a deadly striker and has shown absolutely nothing everytime she plays. It’s just befuddling….

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:19
Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:10
This wasn’t even the B team it was the C team. Even from the options available it was a bad lineup. I thought Tony had finally got his act together but this wasn’t it.

Mary Fowler really needs to find herself a team that will play her. I’d be interested to see her in NWSL… she needs to be a bit more physical and stop getting knocked off the ball.
Fowler needs to go on loan to a team where she’ll actually get minutes or needs to push for a permanent move. Frankly there are probably a good number of teams who would be willing to buy her out of contract, she’s so talented but it’s wasted at City and it’s definitely showing. She hasn’t progressed in the way you’d expect someone with her age and talent to do since going to City. Honestly I think a team along the lines of Everton or Villa would be really good for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:06
Fuck that was so boring. Crummer was shit as always but no one else seemed to have any desire to score. Yes, we're missing our 3 best players but our other starters have quality and should be playing like it.
It was bad. I cringe everytime I see a runner in the line up. She has added nothing so far. Carpenter being back, Grant and Gorry were bright spots.

I agree that Fowler seems to be in a rut and it seems related to her lack of minutes with City - she needs loaned out.

I thought the absence of Kennedy was notable this game. Her occasional howlers aside, she carries the ball up the field well for us, which allows Ellie or Grant to get up even higher. We can’t move the ball up nearly as well when we have two CBs who sit back deep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:44
yeetus wrote:
It was bad. I cringe everytime I see a runner in the line up. She has added nothing so far. Carpenter being back, Grant and Gorry were bright spots.

I agree that Fowler seems to be in a rut and it seems related to her lack of minutes with City - she needs loaned out.

I thought the absence of Kennedy was notable this game. Her occasional howlers aside, she carries the ball up the field well for us, which allows Ellie or Grant to get up even higher. We can’t move the ball up nearly as well when we have two CBs who sit back deep.
DA I think Hunt is better defensively than Kennedy and she’s faster. When Kennedy and Polks play next to each other they’re a liability. The missing piece in getting forward is Catley. Grant doesn’t have her vision. Not yet anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:57
Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:44
yeetus wrote:

DA I think Hunt is better defensively than Kennedy and she’s faster. When Kennedy and Polks play next to each other they’re a liability. The missing piece in getting forward is Catley. Grant doesn’t have her vision. Not yet anyway.
Da. Facts. Kennedy will be an even bigger liability after so little game time with her run of injuries. She's definitely not a missing piece idk what that anon is smoking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Apparently Vine is headed to a team somewhere in Europe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 15:04
Apparently Vine is headed to a team somewhere in Europe.
Any word of what team it could be?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Weird quotes from Tony. Makes you think Sam is carrying some injury.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 15:19
Weird quotes from Tony. Makes you think Sam is carrying some injury.
Or just making excuses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is not Australia's C team. It was a mixed team. When the main players get hurt (which is the case) those players are the ones who will come in. I didn't like the game, it worried me a little. And I'm not confident with the goalkeeper either