Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 May 2023, 14:07
7161 wrote:
09 May 2023, 00:18
Maccas playing terrible
Tegan isn’t well hasn’t played for months she is having issues with her confidence aswell
Lydia isn’t even on the bench wtffff…
very worrying the situation of the goalkeepers
Did you see the article about her concussion? It’s in Swedish but you can perhaps translate it?

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/ ... -mitt-liv/

It sounds like she’s had a pretty bad concussion and a really rough time. Concussions are really an awful injury. Because it’s not just your body, and physical fitness, it can affect everything from speech, memory, balance, temper and more. Headaches, dizzyness, feeling sick. Your brain is so much more complex than a broken bone with a predictable healing time.

Micah says she had a lot of long term problems especially feeling sick and dizzy. From my own experiences, and they weren’t this bad, concussions are scary. You don’t know when or if you’ll ever be the same. And that makes me think football might not have been her first concern. She’s had to worry about getting back to normal first of all.

It’s not strange if she’s not playing her best right now, she went through all that and hasn’t played or fully trained in months. Probably gonna take her some time. She’ll also have to see how she feels about making some of the plays a goalkeeper has to. After this she might be (consciously or unconsciously) reluctant to rush out for close call balls where she risks colliding her head with an attackers feet or knees.

Reactions:

Post by 1716 »

Guest wrote:
09 May 2023, 20:48
Guest wrote:
09 May 2023, 14:07
7161 wrote:
09 May 2023, 00:18
Maccas playing terrible
Tegan isn’t well hasn’t played for months she is having issues with her confidence aswell
Lydia isn’t even on the bench wtffff…
very worrying the situation of the goalkeepers
Yeah it sounds like she had a horrible time I dont think she’d put her body on the line anytime soon do you think they will call someone else in .. sad for Tegan as she was no1 for awhile
Did you see the article about her concussion? It’s in Swedish but you can perhaps translate it?

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/ ... -mitt-liv/

It sounds like she’s had a pretty bad concussion and a really rough time. Concussions are really an awful injury. Because it’s not just your body, and physical fitness, it can affect everything from speech, memory, balance, temper and more. Headaches, dizzyness, feeling sick. Your brain is so much more complex than a broken bone with a predictable healing time.

Micah says she had a lot of long term problems especially feeling sick and dizzy. From my own experiences, and they weren’t this bad, concussions are scary. You don’t know when or if you’ll ever be the same. And that makes me think football might not have been her first concern. She’s had to worry about getting back to normal first of all.

It’s not strange if she’s not playing her best right now, she went through all that and hasn’t played or fully trained in months. Probably gonna take her some time. She’ll also have to see how she feels about making some of the plays a goalkeeper has to. After this she might be (consciously or unconsciously) reluctant to rush out for close call balls where she risks colliding her head with an attackers feet or knees.

Reactions:

Post by 2826 »

I’m nervous for Steph one of her team mates signaled ‘S’ for her when she scored does this means she’s really injured again ffs…. Jonas the fuck for making her play 120min

yeetus
Reactions: 3

Post by yeetus »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus wrote:
11 May 2023, 08:54
She’s 22 soon, been in Europe for a while, now plays in Scotland. Why hasn’t Tony called her up for a chance then? Especially if there’s a chance that she goes to another country otherwise. Was she at those Spain and Portugal games!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

yeetus wrote:
Funnily enough I was just about to come here and ask about her! I was really curious as to why she hasn't really gotten call-ups or playing time for the Matildas. She's still young but she's been playing in Europe for 4 years, and at least for Celtic she's been quite good, she was Celtic's Player of the Year last season and PFA Scotland's Young Player of the Year. Not sure if Tony doesn't think her playing style fits with the Matildas or what. She's not going to the World Cup for Australia but she has a good chance of going for Argentina so I'm wondering if that's the main motivator of why she's declaring now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello not from Australia but
I been wondering how attendance will be for wc? Maybe it’s too early to tell? Just wondering cause it’s not cheap and far to go to Australia that I wonder how many people from the outside will go
Host will sell out every game it’s a guaranteed for the matildas but the others games ?
How is the hype there now that’s it’s getting closer ?

Thanks

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't realize Van Egmond and her girlfriend had been together so long - over a year if this is the 2nd birthday Van Egmond has been with her for as per her story. I thought it was only late last year they sure kept it quiet the first 6 months or so!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kaaat ... 970190658/

Reactions:

Post by 1716 »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2023, 19:00
I didn't realize Van Egmond and her girlfriend had been together so long - over a year if this is the 2nd birthday Van Egmond has been with her for as per her story. I thought it was only late last year they sure kept it quiet the first 6 months or so!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kaaat ... 970190658/
Do u think she will make World Cup she’s been pretty average and Tony doesn’t seem to rate her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 May 2023, 15:24
yeetus wrote:
Funnily enough I was just about to come here and ask about her! I was really curious as to why she hasn't really gotten call-ups or playing time for the Matildas. She's still young but she's been playing in Europe for 4 years, and at least for Celtic she's been quite good, she was Celtic's Player of the Year last season and PFA Scotland's Young Player of the Year. Not sure if Tony doesn't think her playing style fits with the Matildas or what. She's not going to the World Cup for Australia but she has a good chance of going for Argentina so I'm wondering if that's the main motivator of why she's declaring now.
Oh clearly that’s the main reason. It’s hard to turn down the chance to play international football. The only reason she waited is probably that her first choice would have been Australia.

Lucy Bronze was close to playing for Portugal when she hadn’t been called up for the England senior team yet at 21-22 years old. Or take Sinead Farrelly signing for Ireland, she knows she won’t play internationally for the US. The Irish coach though said it was important for her to make sure their ”international” players were commited to playing for Ireland, even before they made the world cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I would have Jacynta in the Matildas squad over Larissa Crummer. Tony should have given her a chance to play.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kerr does it agin. I love seeing her with so much passion when she scores big for Chelsea. I really hope she gets a big moment for Australia. She really deserves it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 16:27
Kerr does it agin. I love seeing her with so much passion when she scores big for Chelsea. I really hope she gets a big moment for Australia. She really deserves it.
queen

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Macca & Kirsty so cute :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 18:54
Macca & Kirsty so cute :heart:

Hope Kirsty gets the cover photo soon, she's made it all the way to number 3 :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Its nice to see Mackenzie hanging out with Caitlin. It must be weird for Caitlin with her and Lia breaking up. Since her whole time in London basically she was loved up and always had Lia to hang out with, and now she has to find new ways to occupy her time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 19:06
Its nice to see Mackenzie hanging out with Caitlin. It must be weird for Caitlin with her and Lia breaking up. Since her whole time in London basically she was loved up and always had Lia to hang out with, and now she has to find new ways to occupy her time.
How do you know for sure Cait and Lia are done?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 19:35
Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 19:06
How do you know for sure Cait and Lia are done?
Lia blocked her on Instagram and removed posts with Cait in them, no birthday wishes from Cait on Lia’s bday, and Cait seems to be living at Jordan Nobbs’s flat and looking after Jordan’s dog while she’s spending part of the week in Birmingham training with Villa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do we think Kennedy is resigning with city? I personally don't. Wonder where she will end up, maybe back in the nwsl.

Reactions:

Post by 2726 »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 09:04
Do we think Kennedy is resigning with city? I personally don't. Wonder where she will end up, maybe back in the nwsl.
There you go another 2 years…
Wonder what’s happened she’s injured again rekon she will be back for World Cup?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2726 wrote:
15 May 2023, 11:06
Guest wrote:
Wonder what’s happened she’s injured again rekon she will be back for World Cup?
I think she’s going to struggle to make the WC team. If she doesn’t, I’d be gutted for her. If she’s fit, Tony may choose her just for experience. But how many games has she played this past year?? I doubt she’d be a starter if she went.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 18:00
2726 wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think she’s going to struggle to make the WC team. If she doesn’t, I’d be gutted for her. If she’s fit, Tony may choose her just for experience. But how many games has she played this past year?? I doubt she’d be a starter if she went.
LOL she will make the team. Our defensive depth is complete shit. What is the backup option, semi-retired Aivi Luik?

Hunt should start though, she’s the future in that position.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 May 2023, 13:52
Guest wrote:
15 May 2023, 18:00
2726 wrote:
Guest wrote:
LOL she will make the team. Our defensive depth is complete shit. What is the backup option, semi-retired Aivi Luik?

Hunt should start though, she’s the future in that position.
True. Hopefully she can hold her body together. If she has a serious injury that means she can’t play at all, I doubt she’ll be going, but if she just has a little niggle to a muscle, she’ll go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Apparently Teagan's leaving FC Rosengard and will be going to the WSL. I think she could definitely be the #1 for a mid-table team but don't know if there's any concrete rumors of where she'll go. I'm definitely concerned about how long she's been out with this concussion, and also concerned about her going to a team where she's not the #1. She's our best hope for the future because Lydia is almost done and Macca is... Macca (either brilliant or terrible with very little in between).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 13:53
Apparently Teagan's leaving FC Rosengard and will be going to the WSL. I think she could definitely be the #1 for a mid-table team but don't know if there's any concrete rumors of where she'll go. I'm definitely concerned about how long she's been out with this concussion, and also concerned about her going to a team where she's not the #1. She's our best hope for the future because Lydia is almost done and Macca is... Macca (either brilliant or terrible with very little in between).
Spurs would be a good fit for her. Maybe Man Untited if Mary Earp's leaves at the end of the season. I'm hoping she doesn't go to a top 3 club and sit on the bench fighting for minutes. She needs to be playing consistently, she's only 25 which is very young for a goalkeeper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 18:03
Guest wrote:
17 May 2023, 13:53
Spurs would be a good fit for her. Maybe Man Untited if Mary Earp's leaves at the end of the season. I'm hoping she doesn't go to a top 3 club and sit on the bench fighting for minutes. She needs to be playing consistently, she's only 25 which is very young for a goalkeeper.
Teagan has had offers from Everton and Aston Villa

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looking at Macca's recent likes on twitter she's liked a few that are not so nice about herself. I'm hoping she's done that as a bit of banter and she found them funny. West ham as a team have been struggling for months, they've been shockingly bad and Macca's been suffering as a result. We need her full of confidence this summer not doubting herself, as I said I hope she just found them amusing and doesn't take it to heart.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 12:49
Looking at Macca's recent likes on twitter she's liked a few that are not so nice about herself. I'm hoping she's done that as a bit of banter and she found them funny. West ham as a team have been struggling for months, they've been shockingly bad and Macca's been suffering as a result. We need her full of confidence this summer not doubting herself, as I said I hope she just found them amusing and doesn't take it to heart.
Yea being a goalkeeper is a thankless job. People will love you one minute for pulling off a great save or having a great game and blame you for everything bad the next. I'm not at all biased in thinking this by the way🙈

As you say West Ham as a whole have been really struggling the second half of the season. They haven't been inspiring anywhere on the pitch which makes it hard on the defensive unit who are usually under the most pressure when things aren't clicking elsewhere. The goals really dried up and when they've managed to score it's mostly been only 1 goal. You have no chance of winning or even drawing when the goals are so few and far between leaving little room for error in the defensive department. They've been performing badly even with teams in the relegation battle.

Sure there are goals she could have done better on sometimes, just like there are shots that even world class strikers like Sam and Caitlin can do better with. The team is clearly not running on confidence at the minute so yea as you say I hope she can refocus and still have confidence in her latest NT performances even when club play hasn't been so great for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2023, 03:17
I would have Jacynta in the Matildas squad over Larissa Crummer. Tony should have given her a chance to play.

Late but relevant tweet + replies. Respectfully, she wasn't good enough for both the ALW and the WSL when she tried them. The Scottish women's league is not great and when you look at clips of her playing, the opposition are always dreadful. She needs to prove herself in a better league. I think that she would definitely get a look in in the future, but we have better attacking options ahead of her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 08:25
Guest wrote:

Late but relevant tweet + replies. Respectfully, she wasn't good enough for both the ALW and the WSL when she tried them. The Scottish women's league is not great and when you look at clips of her playing, the opposition are always dreadful. She needs to prove herself in a better league. I think that she would definitely get a look in in the future, but we have better attacking options ahead of her.

DA I’ve said this on multiple posts but of course always get abused for it. It’s a no brainer. Fans think that just because a player might be good in a particular league that they are ready for the international level, regardless of how good that league is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 May 2023, 08:25
Guest wrote:

Some of the teams in the Scottish league are semi-pro and some the players are essentially at a level that would probably be considered Sunday league or recreational. So if you’re a decent player on a team like Celtic, Rangers, or Glasgow City you’ll shine more. In reality many of the players on those teams are older and returning to Scotland after playing in England most of their career, youngsters who will be heading off in a season or two, or players who couldn’t hack it in the WSL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Small back fractures??? That doesn't sound "good" to me. I don't believe Gareth Taylor and his supposed optimism about her WC chances either, that man is an idiot on a good day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Small stress fractures in any sportsperson's back is NOT 'good news'. Could be months before it settles & full recovery.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 13:48
Guest wrote:
19 May 2023, 12:49
Yea being a goalkeeper is a thankless job. People will love you one minute for pulling off a great save or having a great game and blame you for everything bad the next. I'm not at all biased in thinking this by the way🙈

As you say West Ham as a whole have been really struggling the second half of the season. They haven't been inspiring anywhere on the pitch which makes it hard on the defensive unit who are usually under the most pressure when things aren't clicking elsewhere. The goals really dried up and when they've managed to score it's mostly been only 1 goal. You have no chance of winning or even drawing when the goals are so few and far between leaving little room for error in the defensive department. They've been performing badly even with teams in the relegation battle.

Sure there are goals she could have done better on sometimes, just like there are shots that even world class strikers like Sam and Caitlin can do better with. The team is clearly not running on confidence at the minute so yea as you say I hope she can refocus and still have confidence in her latest NT performances even when club play hasn't been so great for her.
da. what you said her lines up with these stats. she's had more to do than any other keeper in the league which speaks to the lacking quality of the team playing in front of her. she's had more to do than even keepers from teams in the relegation zone.
law of averages says having so much more to do is going to inevitably mean more potential for mistakes so any "fans" being harsh with her need to look at the bigger picture.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 May 2023, 08:49
Small stress fractures in any sportsperson's back is NOT 'good news'. Could be months before it settles & full recovery.
DA exactly. It is so hard to predict recovery time with something like this. Hopefully she’s at the end stages of recovery. I’m sure Raso can give her a few pointers about returning from a back injury.

Reactions:

Post by 2726 »

I’m so nervous that Tony will call up Larissa crummer …. Let’s all pray that does not happened

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any word on when they'll name the squad? Do we think we'll do a larger pre-squad first before the final 23 closer to the deadline like last go around? Some other teams are releasing theirs as early as 31 May.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Teagan Micah -> Aston Villa
Haley Raso -> Real Madrid

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:00
Teagan Micah -> Aston Villa
Haley Raso -> Real Madrid
Source?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Izzy retired. I guess that will dampen down the questions that would've inevitably followed Hayley leaving City (presumably for Real Madrid as rumored) about what Izzy will do football wise. If Izzy is going into broadcasting full time it will still give her enough flexibility to be able to go see Hayley.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 11:06
So Izzy retired. I guess that will dampen down the questions that would've inevitably followed Hayley leaving City (presumably for Real Madrid as rumored) about what Izzy will do football wise. If Izzy is going into broadcasting full time it will still give her enough flexibility to be able to go see Hayley.
Not sure if Izzy will be able to properly move to Madrid with Hayley with visa situations or whatnot but since she’s likely to go into punditry I expect she’ll probably be back and forth a lot. Hopefully they can make it work, they seem happy and they’ve been together a while, close to 3 years I think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2726 wrote:
24 May 2023, 12:53
I’m so nervous that Tony will call up Larissa crummer …. Let’s all pray that does not happened
It will and we all know it. Don't know what he likes so much about her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone else find Courtney to be a cutie/hottie? :wub: I feel like she's very underrated.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2023, 14:39
Does anyone else find Courtney to be a cutie/hottie? :wub: I feel like she's very underrated.

She’s got some cute dimples.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally official that Raso is leaving. She deserves better. Anyone know what’s up with Lydia. She wasn’t in the Brighton squad for the last few games. Fingers crossed Arnold doesn’t get hurt between now and the WC or we’re going to be screwed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2023, 00:01
Great for Arnold. Westham coach has gone already too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I see Polks has landed herself a Scandi girlfriend.