Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

Gustavsson: "I need to speak to the medical team and Sam herself. I know she wants to play."

Asked if she's injured: "I'll pass on that one. I can't comment."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 15:23
This is not Australia's C team. It was a mixed team. When the main players get hurt (which is the case) those players are the ones who will come in. I didn't like the game, it worried me a little. And I'm not confident with the goalkeeper either
Crummer is definitely C grade, if that. Replace her with any other player and the game would have been better. Fowler isn’t a striker. Vine and Ellie aren’t used to playing together so that connection was a little off, same for Raso and Grant who are usually on opposite sides. With the pace on that right side and a little more time together I think it could be lethal.

This was the first game with that lineup ever playing in that formation together. Even with the injuries Tony had better options than that. I’m hoping the Crummer experiment is over. The team were bps to generate chances, they just died in the final third. Connection wasn’t there.

Micah is probably the #1 GK if she can recover from injury.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 15:26
Gustavsson: "I need to speak to the medical team and Sam herself. I know she wants to play."

Asked if she's injured: "I'll pass on that one. I can't comment."
When she did the pre-game presser she sounded sick, like she had a cold. They wouldn’t want to play her if she’s unwell and put her at risk of injury. Probably playing it by ear and also keeping the other team guessing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:57
Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 14:44
yeetus wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 13:06
Fuck that was so boring. Crummer was shit as always but no one else seemed to have any desire to score. Yes, we're missing our 3 best players but our other starters have quality and should be playing like it.
It was bad. I cringe everytime I see a runner in the line up. She has added nothing so far. Carpenter being back, Grant and Gorry were bright spots.

I agree that Fowler seems to be in a rut and it seems related to her lack of minutes with City - she needs loaned out.

I thought the absence of Kennedy was notable this game. Her occasional howlers aside, she carries the ball up the field well for us, which allows Ellie or Grant to get up even higher. We can’t move the ball up nearly as well when we have two CBs who sit back deep.
DA I think Hunt is better defensively than Kennedy and she’s faster. When Kennedy and Polks play next to each other they’re a liability. The missing piece in getting forward is Catley. Grant doesn’t have her vision. Not yet anyway.
OP but agreed on Catley, I’m just not confident on her health. She has had an even worse injury spell than Kennedy. And I agree on Hunt being pretty solid, but I don’t think either Hunt or Polkinghorne have Kennedy’s long range passing and ball dribbling abilities in terms of moving the ball forward.

The pairing I like to see would be Hunt and a healthy Kennedy, which we haven’t seen yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can’t win with the WSL - they’re either overplaying like with Kerr, Catley and Foord and causing them to pick up injuries or underplaying like with Fowler and Raso so they’re out of form.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did Van Egmond play?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What's your ideal starting 11 for the world cup? (Pretending everyone is fit & healthy)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by 7162 »

That was the worst performance I’ve seen the tillie have in a long time
Fowler needs to change clubs .. gorry was so bad in ever aspect and crummer I swear to god if Tony calls her up again !!!!
Poor ellie first game back and they loose after winning 7 in row

Reactions:

Post by 7261 »

You’d think they’d be playing there heart out fight for a spot on the World Cup squad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 17:41
What's your ideal starting 11 for the world cup? (Pretending everyone is fit & healthy)
Macca, Lydia, Tegan
Ellie, Grant, Clare x 3, Steph, Nevin,
Gorry, Cooney X, Fowler, Chids, Vine, Raso, Sam, Caitlin, and don't mind who else tbh.

Reactions:

Post by 7167 »

Any word on why van Edmond wasn’t there yesterday

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

7167 wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 08:34
Any word on why van Edmond wasn’t there yesterday
She was listed as a sub, haven't seen any pics of her at the game, probably sulking in the dressing room. Big moody kid should be dropped anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

tillies doco trailer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

7162 wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 23:00
That was the worst performance I’ve seen the tillie have in a long time
Fowler needs to change clubs .. gorry was so bad in ever aspect and crummer I swear to god if Tony calls her up again !!!!
Poor ellie first game back and they loose after winning 7 in row
I actually didn’t think Gorry played badly at all, one of the better ones on the pitch I think. Fowler does need to move clubs or go on loan, she was basically a ghost on the pitch. Crummer however does not need to be playing for the Matildas, full stop. But you just know she’ll be on the WC squad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Very worried about Australia, maybe not even pass the group stage: Ireland, Canada and Nigeria. Three extremely difficult teams

:!: :pray: :-(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was at the USA v Ireland game today. Geez, Ireland are pretty dirty. It won’t be an easy game, but I think with a huge crowd behind Australia, we should do ok. I don’t think you can take much out of the Scotland game. It won’t be our line up come WC time. Would be interesting to see a Foord v McCabe matchup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what happened to both of them?

Reactions:

Post by 6352 »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 10:42
My prediction is Emily has covid cause she wasn’t even at the match watching on Sunday… holly not sure hope it isn’t her knee

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder what this is about.

It better not be about criticism of Crummer and her needing to be nowhere near the team cause you aren't going to stop people from telling the truth of what they can see with their eyes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

6352 wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 11:08
Guest wrote:
My prediction is Emily has covid cause she wasn’t even at the match watching on Sunday… holly not sure hope it isn’t her knee
They are still be that caution for COVID.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

remy should've been called up in the 1st place ahead of crummer. shes already in england ffs so what would have been the harm? ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 11:31
6352 wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 11:08
Guest wrote:
They are still be that caution for COVID.
DA. Yes? You want the whole squad to get sick or something?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 11:28

It better not be about criticism of Crummer and her needing to be nowhere near the team cause you aren't going to stop people from telling the truth of what they can see with their eyes.
I hate that there is this stigma around women’s sports that you can’t view them with a critical eye. I dont think anyone should be spewing abuse or tagging players but I think fans and pundits should be critical of poor performances.

If player or their families go out of there way to look for criticism online or search their names on Twitter or whatnot, I think that’s on them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 11:28

It's about Sam and the video with the scot Sam Kerr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 21:35
I was at the USA v Ireland game today. Geez, Ireland are pretty dirty. It won’t be an easy game, but I think with a huge crowd behind Australia, we should do ok. I don’t think you can take much out of the Scotland game. It won’t be our line up come WC time. Would be interesting to see a Foord v McCabe matchup.
Ireland are a tough team to play. They know they won't be out there scoring many goals but they're scrappy (at best) and dirty (at worst) and will do their damndest to prevent opponents from scoring. These days you don't see many scorelines for them where they lose by more than 2 goals or so. The fact that they only let the US score 2 and 1 of those being a penalty is pretty good considering the difference in quality between the two sides. Also there's a lot of Ireland expats in Australia so I have a feeling that there will be a pretty big contingent of Irish fans at the game, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 14:10
Guest wrote:
Ireland are a tough team to play. They know they won't be out there scoring many goals but they're scrappy (at best) and dirty (at worst) and will do their damndest to prevent opponents from scoring. These days you don't see many scorelines for them where they lose by more than 2 goals or so. The fact that they only let the US score 2 and 1 of those being a penalty is pretty good considering the difference in quality between the two sides. Also there's a lot of Ireland expats in Australia so I have a feeling that there will be a pretty big contingent of Irish fans at the game, too.
Ireland beat us in September last year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 14:30
Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 14:10
Guest wrote:
Ireland beat us in September last year
it was september 2021 actually. a lot has happened and developed between now and then

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People need to leave Sam Kerr alone, she was sick for gods sake, she didn’t look right in the pressser and probably didn’t feel good when meeting the Scottish Sam Kerr. The fact arsenal fans are trying to cancel her and troll her online is laughable and gross. Losers

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2023, 23:05
People need to leave Sam Kerr alone, she was sick for gods sake, she didn’t look right in the pressser and probably didn’t feel good when meeting the Scottish Sam Kerr. The fact arsenal fans are trying to cancel her and troll her online is laughable and gross. Losers
They switched up from bullying her to it was just a joke broooo real quick when she called them out. One of their own players just had to take a mental health break from football and here they are trying to cause the same to Sam.

For the matildas to feel the need to put that out says a lot. Pretty sure the last time we got something similar was during the LDV and leaked photos scandal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
people are legit tryna defend the assnal twitter losers and turn it around and even blaming sam for replying 2 that woman which made cwfc fans go after her. play stupid games win stupid prizes. id say maybe its a learning moment but that idiot sam replied 2 just tripled down saying it was only a harmless joke and played victim.
do people not get how bad it had 2 be for a aus staffer 2 say something , for multiple tillies 2 reply in agreement , then the official tillies account 2 come out against bullying their players ^o) but no no its the assnal stans that are the real victims here :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 00:48
Guest wrote:
people are legit tryna defend the assnal twitter losers and turn it around and even blaming sam for replying 2 that woman which made cwfc fans go after her. play stupid games win stupid prizes. id say maybe its a learning moment but that idiot sam replied 2 just tripled down saying it was only a harmless joke and played victim.
do people not get how bad it had 2 be for a aus staffer 2 say something , for multiple tillies 2 reply in agreement , then the official tillies account 2 come out against bullying their players ^o) but no no its the assnal stans that are the real victims here :eyeroll:
Da. Ah some good old fashioned DARVO - Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender.

A fave of those with abusive mindsets and behaviours.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

it didn't look like teags was training with the other gks. does that mean probably macca or lydia against england?

Reactions:

Post by 2726 »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 14:28
it didn't look like teags was training with the other gks. does that mean probably macca or lydia against england?
What is wrong with Tegan I’m starting to get worried she hasn’t played in forever and never even gets dress

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2726 wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 23:59
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 14:28
What is wrong with Tegan I’m starting to get worried she hasn’t played in forever and never even gets dress
DA. I heard something about a bad concussion?

Reactions:

Post by 1726 »

FUCK….. Tony’s press conference… Larissa crummer is one of the best pressers in the world like is this guy fucken blind I swear if he puts her on tomorrow over remi I’m done .. remi plays in the WSL ffs
Also I hope to god this dose not mean she’s going to world cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1726 wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 06:15
FUCK….. Tony’s press conference… Larissa crummer is one of the best pressers in the world like is this guy fucken blind I swear if he puts her on tomorrow over remi I’m done .. remi plays in the WSL ffs
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

''one of the best pressers in the world'' :rofl: :rofl: :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1726 wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 06:15
Is Crummer paying his salary or something? You don’t even have to know much about football to see that she is not even Matildas starting quality, much less “one of the best pressers in the world.” JFC.

And yes, you know she’s going to be going to the World Cup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

line up thoughts??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 18:21
line up thoughts??

it's the strongest team we have at the moment, with catley and foord coming back, I think Yallop and Grant will go to the bench, but this is pretty much our lineup for the World Cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can this ref move out the fucking way. That's twice already she's been in our passing lanes 😒

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 18:21
line up thoughts??

What's the story on EVE?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Raso is horrible, where is Vine?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 18:58
Raso is horrible, where is Vine?
Tony said a couple of players picked up knocks in their final training session maybe she was one of them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Grant could've just let that go out for a goal kick rather than a freekick in a dangerous spot. Inexperience showing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 19:14
Grant could've just let that go out for a goal kick rather than a freekick in a dangerous spot. Inexperience showing.
I miss Catley so much

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone have a stream for the England match. I’m in the US but I have a vpn. Thanks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sammy :gaypimp:

idc if she was offside at first it makes up for all the wrong offside when she plays for Chelsea