Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So KK, Gielnik, Butt, Polks, Simon, Logarzo, LDV and Kennedy have all outright said something. Kerr, Foord, EvE, Catley, Cooper and Crummer have liked at least one of the tweets from those who have said something.

That means at least 14 players who have been a part of the squad in the past year seem to take issue with him being fired.
Harrison liked AK & KK's tweets too. The rest have been silent so far but that doesn't mean they don't agree with these players. Maybe they're just choosing not to say anything publicly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who could be the likely candidate to be next matildas coach

https://twitter.com/thewomensgame/status/10...2882657280?s=21

Montemurru, then Andretta, Dower, Juric, Hopkins

Lisa won't be happy with Montemurro

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So KK, Gielnik, Butt, Polks, Simon, Logarzo, LDV and Kennedy have all outright said something. Kerr, Foord, EvE, Catley, Cooper and Crummer have liked at least one of the tweets from those who have said something.

That means at least 14 players who have been a part of the squad in the past year seem to take issue with him being fired.
Now Lydia, Kerr and EvE, Harrison

What a PR disaster

If we only could be a fly on wall tomorrow at the workshop

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ellie liked & commented on Sam's tweet too. & Alleway tweeted too. Only Mini & Heyman missing I think? So this basically appears to be unanimous support from players. Unless some are just going along with what the other players are saying publicly?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ellie liked & commented on Sam's tweet too. & Alleway tweeted too. Only Mini & Heyman missing I think? So this basically appears to be unanimous support from players. Unless some are just going along with what the other players are saying publicly?
Wasn't there also almost an unanimous support for Sampson from the english players?

There's a real chance these players just weren't subject to the treatment that the (primarily?) younger players supposedly were and didn't know about it (or worse didn't care, but I doubt that). I understand why they've felt the need to go public with their support, but with all this uncertainty around what has actually been going on, I would have preferred for them to wait a little.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ellie liked & commented on Sam's tweet too. & Alleway tweeted too. Only Mini & Heyman missing I think? So this basically appears to be unanimous support from players. Unless some are just going along with what the other players are saying publicly?
Don't forget the young ones Chidiac, Ibini, Sawyer, Fowler

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wasn't there also almost an unanimous support for Sampson from the english players?

There's a real chance these players just weren't subject to the treatment that the (primarily?) younger players supposedly were and didn't know about it (or worse didn't care, but I doubt that). I understand why they've felt the need to go public with their support, but with all this uncertainty around what has actually been going on, I would have preferred for them to wait a little.
I must tweets are interesting they basically thanking Staij for the taking to to level they are now.
So they are not denying anything . KK had really measured response saying she doesn't know all the details but thanking Staij
Evebody liked tweet and followed up with a similar tweet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/we-re-all-v...stajcic-sacking

"It's understood neither Stajcic himself or Matildas coaches or players have been made aware of the precise allegations."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/we-re-all-v...stajcic-sacking

"It's understood neither Stajcic himself or Matildas coaches or players have been made aware of the precise allegations."

"The Matildas have been told by FFA not to speak about Stajcic's removal."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://thewomensgame.com/news/andreatta-im...ldas-yet-518134

ANDREATTA: I'M NOT READY FOR MATILDAS YET

ANDREATTA: I'M NOT READY FOR MATILDAS YET

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Interesting that none of the Brisbane players have said or liked anything yet. Gorry, Raso, Macca, Polks...only other Matilda with no comment so far is Catley correct?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Interesting that none of the Brisbane players have said or liked anything yet. Gorry, Raso, Macca, Polks...only other Matilda with no comment so far is Catley correct?
Yeah you are spot on. Well spotted

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Interesting that none of the Brisbane players have said or liked anything yet. Gorry, Raso, Macca, Polks...only other Matilda with no comment so far is Catley correct?
I believe tweeted about it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I believe tweeted about it
I meant Polky

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Raso liked KK tweet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Raso liked KK tweet
She just tweeted herself I've noticed that all these tweets are very similar.
I wonder if they talked to each other
They have the same tone
They are shocked and thanking Staij

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Raso liked KK tweet
She just tweeted herself I've noticed that all these tweets are very similar.
I wonder if they talked to each other
They have the same tone
They are shocked and thanking Staij
I'm sure they have all talked to each other. There's only so much they can say publicly

Catley liked KK's tweet & this one of Sam's:
"When something drastic happens in life, twitter is not the first place I go."

So the only one's silent rn are Mini, Macca, Heyman & the 4 youngsters.

That article said that none of the players or staff have been told what the allegations are.
Staj isn't accused of bullying but of not stopping it. Maybe some or most of the players don't necessarily blame him?

Is it possible that he didn't have the power to fire the staff responsible or that he tried to stop it but wasn't getting any support for that & FFA are still blaming him?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/we-re-all-v...stajcic-sacking
OT but is Tara Rushton pregnant? In the video in this article she looks heavily pregnant but her IG pic from last week she looked nothing like this? Image

Ozzie
Reactions: 0

Post by Ozzie »

OT but is Tara Rushton pregnant? In the video in this article she looks heavily pregnant but her IG pic from last week she looked nothing like this? Image
That's not Tara Rushton. That's Lucy Zelic.

LISaDF
Reactions:

Post by LISaDF »

Ozzie wrote:
That's not Tara Rushton. That's Lucy Zelic.
and yes she is pregnant

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if after the players get details during this camp (if they get any real details at all that is) will any of them have a change of heart and if they do will they publicize that?

Right now I can't imagine being the player/players who had something happen to them but then seeing majority of the team be angry and disappointed at the firing. I hope that anger and disappointment isn't misdirected at any of the alleged victims of the things the SMH detailed.

This has clearly been a case of something only happening to one or a handful of players, but it has to have been pretty major for such drastic action right? I don't know what to think and without details we'll never really know whether it was a justified dismissal or if it was an overreaction or if Staj was the scapegoat in all this since it sounds like a deeper problem with the culture than just one person.

You would've thought they would've spoken with the veteran/leader players on the team before making a final decision too, but given reactions that clearly didn't happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/swoop/ma...26227603ffe5596

So the gender equality survey was voluntary? And the PFA one had little to do with player satisfaction? After the FFA made a huge deal about it(the well-being survey)? I don't wanna discredit any potential victims, but this all seems very shady and hastily done.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/swoop/ma...26227603ffe5596

So the gender equality survey was voluntary? And the PFA one had little to do with player satisfaction? After the FFA made a huge deal about it(the well-being survey)? I don't wanna discredit any potential victims, but this all seems very shady and hastily done.
Could you maybe copy + paste the article please? It's behind a paywall for me and none of the usual tricks work :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/swoop/ma...26227603ffe5596

Could you maybe copy + paste the article please? It's behind a paywall for me and none of the usual tricks work :(

A delegation of Matildas are to demand the reinstatement of sacked coach Alen Stajcic as the fallout from his axing continues to reverberate around the sport.

When the Matildas attend a long-planned team culture workshop in Sydney on Monday, several senior players have indicated they intend to challenge Stajcic's exit less than five months before the Word Cup.

Some fear the ructions will destroy their prospects at the tournament after Stajcic was sacked on Saturday morning in the wake of a gender-equality survey of some members of the squad whose results sparked alarm among FFA management.

A host of senior players voiced shock and dismay at the turn of events.

Star striker Sam Kerr, whose marquee salary is partly funded by FFA, tweeted that "I have not been gagged by the FFA. I have not commented because I wasn't ready to comment while I am still shocked and upset. My trust was in Staj to lead us to the World Cup final & I believe he was the best coach for that."

The gender survey, conducted by a women's advocacy group, Our Watch, was voluntary among the players, but issues including bullying and harassment within the team environment were said to have been raised.

A homophobic comment by a Matildas staff member is thought to have been one of the examples cited by a player in the survey, whose results FFA has refused to release, citing player confidentiality.

Though FFA bosses referenced a "wellbeing audit" conducted with the players' association (PFA) as being one of the factors prompting their action against Stajcic, it's understood the results of that audit were about improving the high-performance environment of the Matildas, rather than questioning the specific behaviours of the coaching staff.

Stajcic approved the questions and was shown the responses to the audit, but has not been given the results of the gender-equality survey.

As a number of senior players have flagged their support for their now former coach on social media, Chloe Logarzo spoke of her shock at the decision.

"We were informed really late and it's really disheartening to lose a coach that means a lot to me and a lot to the players," she said.

"I've had him as a coach for 11 years and for him to be there from the very start ?ó?Ç?ö for the last four years especially, in the lead-up to the World Cup.

"We always thought that he would be the one that's the captain of the ship leading us through the World Cup but unfortunately things happen in football and that's just what happens and we need to move on."

Though Stajcic will be paid out the remainder of his contract, he will be taking legal advice this week over the damage to his reputation from the sacking.

Questions have continued to be raised over how what FFA has called a "toxic environment" was allowed to develop in the two years since the head coach was awarded an upgraded contract, and how effective is the oversight of the national teams within FFA.

In 2016, Stajcic was given an upgraded contract, specifically being praised for changing the culture of the team.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks for posting ^^^

Hmmm it's a bit weird the 2nd survey was voluntary. Wouldn't you want the whole picture by making the whole team complete it?

Also the FFA said they questioned Stajcic under scrutiny on Friday but they didn't tell him the results of the 2nd survey while doing that? That doesn't seem right or fair. The man should at least get to know the specifics of the complaints that were about to make him lose his job, even just so he could at least attempt to answer or apologise for those problems.

IA this whole thing is now looking like a real rush-job and kinda shady. Whyyyy are the FFA like this, nothing is ever straightforward with them? :facepalm:

Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

There's something truly odd about this. Why should Stajic pay with his job for a remark made by an assistant? Do we know he even knew about it, or if he did, what he did about it? I understand following up information given in confidence is difficult but surely this should have been followed up with members of the playing group. It just seems like a gross thing over reaction. Surely the FFA have to release more info justifying such a decision.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FFA have called an unexpected media call in Coogee at 5pm?ó?Ç?á u-turn ahead??

https://twitter.com/KevinAirs/status/1087199893809070080

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

Guest wrote:FFA have called an unexpected media call in Coogee at 5pm?ó?Ç?á u-turn ahead??

https://twitter.com/KevinAirs/status/1087199893809070080
Hopefully this is something positive....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/Gatty54/status/1087199852692365314

David Gallop to front media at 5pm. Hang on to your seats.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://twitter.com/Gatty54/status/1087199852692365314

David Gallop to front media at 5pm. Hang on to your seats.
The minimum they should is tell us what the "smoking gun" that led to the coach sacking

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TWG Twitter https://twitter.com/TheWomensGame

Gallop: There is a curiosity around information

I've reminded them of the confidentiality of the survey work that was done

Gallop on if players called for reinstatement of Stajcic: I made it clear to them this was a decision made on a based on range of material

Gallop on if the issues could have been resolved: "We are on a tight timeframe"

"The PFA work was initially after the Tournament of Nations in July it was commenced"

"There was a real view things had been deteriorated in recent times"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gallop on speaking to replacements: "Not yet"

"Matildas were offered input into that today"

Gallop: "We're done?"

Almost walks off but we have one last question then walks off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So precisely fuck all clarification or resolution. Cool...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What load of BS! Why call a press conference

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What a joke of a presser. 5 mins longs and as soon as questions got hard "We're done?"

Even from my twitter those who have been erring on the side of supporting the FFA's decision are face palming at how bad that just was. Complete waste of time that only manages to make everything look even worse. Well done mate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If anyone wants to waste 7 minutes of their life here's the full "press conference"

https://twitter.com/TheWorldGame/status/1087228588888223744

?
Reactions:

Post by ? »

Why?

Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Lucy Zelic is pissing me off. First, she says has anybody scratched the surface to find out what's really going on before they get outraged. Well Lucy, that's what we rely on journalists like you for but you're telling us nothing. How are we supposed to 'scratch the surface'

Then she says the public aren't going to get the truth because it's tied up legally. But how about you do some independent investigating and tell us. That's your job. legal reasons may prevent FFA from revealing the reason but it doesn't stop you and other journos from getting information independently. You are saying people in Matilda's circles have been aware of problems for some time. Well if they were so terrible why weren't you reporting them? Why don't you tell us what you know?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ozzie wrote:Lucy Zelic is pissing me off. First, she says has anybody scratched the surface to find out what's really going on before they get outraged. Well Lucy, that's what we rely on journalists like you for but you're  telling us nothing. How are we supposed to 'scratch the surface'

Then she says the public aren't going to get the truth because it's tied up legally. But how about you do some independent investigating and tell us. That's your job. legal reasons may prevent FFA from revealing the reason but it doesn't stop you and other journos from getting information independently. You are saying people in Matilda's circles have been aware of problems for some time. Well if they were so terrible why weren't you reporting them? Why don't you tell us what you know?
Very good questions.
If some inappropriate things have happened then yes he should been sacked
This brings back memories of Mark Sampson sacking
Lots of players supported him
1 voice is enough and should be listened to

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=324642

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hold on to your seats again. My information is there is an unscheduled FFA board meeting on right now.

https://twitter.com/Gatty54/status/1087250208612745216

:yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ok great came up with van Marwijk is going come with new matildas coach
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/six-of-the-...tildas-hit-list

Sorry but I don't have a lot of confidence in that guy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ok great came up with van Marwijk is going come with new matildas coach

I'd love Neid or Harvey but definitely not Pauw. :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Ok great came up with van Marwijk is going come with new matildas coach

I'd love Neid or Harvey but definitely not Pauw. :fingcross:
I Agree. Not confident with van Marwijk and Pauw. I would love to see either Silvia Neid, Joe Montemurro or Laura Harvey..Let's pray for the best! Second day of camp for the Matildas tmrw. Hope we can hear +ve news..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The gift that keeps on giving

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/mati...412?pfmredir=sm
That ~20% is a very low number of players feeling "the team environment was conducive to making them better players or people."

That definitely means a good number of those tweeting in support of Staj are included in those unhappy with the environment. I'd hazard a guess they probably thought the FFA would go the re-training route, and give Staj and the staff a chance to try and fix the problems first, rather than jumping straight to firing him.

I hope for the sake of the team this was the better choice...

Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

I have to say I don't count on my employer or workplace to make me a better person. I think that's a somewhat odd question. Especially lumping the two together

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ozzie wrote:I have to say I don't count on my employer or workplace to make me a better person. I think that's a somewhat odd question. Especially lumping the two together
No but you do count on your employer to make the working environment a safe environment to work in

Reactions:

Post by Guest »