Australian Womens Football

Reactions:

Re: Australian Womens Football

Post by Guest »

I love me some Kerr, but she does need to figure out how to be more impactful in these big games. She is turning the ball over too much when she does get it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 18:45
I love me some Kerr, but she does need to figure out how to be more impactful in these big games. She is turning the ball over too much when she does get it.
Well according to fotmob she was the player who got the least amount of touches out of all outfield players in the entire match. How is she supposed to have an impact when that's the situation she's put in exactly?
She can't be coming back for the ball because that basically renders the attack useless when she's supposed to be the target forward.
The tactics are wrong when the team isn't playing to the strengths of their target forward which has been a bit of a problem all season long picked up on by a number of Chelsea fans.
Until another player steps into the Kirby/Harder role which gives her someone to build chemistry with and play off most of her impact is her off the ball movement and drawing players to her and hoping another Chelsea player can do something with that created space.
Her turnovers are mostly down to her not having that kind of player she has chemistry with that she could play quick one, two passes with in front of goal. You could see her trying things with other players but it not coming off because her and other players weren't quite on the same page.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 19:12
Guest wrote:
Well according to fotmob she was the player who got the least amount of touches out of all outfield players in the entire match. How is she supposed to have an impact when that's the situation she's put in exactly?
She can't be coming back for the ball because that basically renders the attack useless when she's supposed to be the target forward.
The tactics are wrong when the team isn't playing to the strengths of their target forward which has been a bit of a problem all season long picked up on by a number of Chelsea fans.
Until another player steps into the Kirby/Harder role which gives her someone to build chemistry with and play off most of her impact is her off the ball movement and drawing players to her and hoping another Chelsea player can do something with that created space.
Her turnovers are mostly down to her not having that kind of player she has chemistry with that she could play quick one, two passes with in front of goal. You could see her trying things with other players but it not coming off because her and other players weren't quite on the same page.
OP I agree with what you said. I think I’m just disappointed for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 14:50
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:46
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:14
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 11:50
3 eps in - feels a bit low energy to be honest for a sports documentary
maybe it is because it's mostly losses, everyone's a bit guarded and down
Keep watching, the wins start to come.

I really enjoyed it. Thought perhaps they could have talked with a few more players though.

And this is just me, but I can’t seem to get on board with Ellie. Great player, but personality wise, not so much. Interesting that she dropped out of school at the end of 9th grade. I wonder if this will impact her after she finishes playing.
Ellie will be fine, she'll end up with a suga mama. Checker vibes. Da
Your projection more than her 'vibe.'
If there’s sum1 without a personality it’s Catley to be honest. She’s a dry one

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought all of the players who were featured in the documentary came across so well. They’re such a great set of girls.

Cortnee Vine particularly impressed. Seems very modest and well-spoken, cool that she’s studying alongside playing. I wish she had gone over to play in Europe this past year before the World Cup but I have a feeling she’ll have some good teams looking at her after it’s done.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The striker's life is not easy, she has to wait for the ball to arrive to play his role. But at the same time, a great and decisive striker decides a game in the only ball she receives and Sam has not been doing that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 20:59
:wub:

I’m really confused about why Raso wasn’t interviewed more in the the doc. Anytime she was on the screen I melted and wanted more!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 19:52
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 19:12
Guest wrote:
OP I agree with what you said. I think I’m just disappointed for her.
Kerr's the type of striker that needs a top tier number 10 playmaker to match, we don't have one on the Aussie squad
Got some fast and gritty players to contest the ball and run it along the wings, cross in - but that's about it
Fowler's more a striker and can't fill the role.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

it was interesting - if you were already a fan. But don't think this would've kept the interest of younger or the casually curious viewer.
but could've been tighter, 1 or even 2 less episodes, faster paced/edited and go easy on the slow mo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do we feel about Sam being a flag bearer at King Sausage Finger's coronation next Saturday?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 12:46
it was interesting - if you were already a fan. But don't think this would've kept the interest of younger or the casually curious viewer.
but could've been tighter, 1 or even 2 less episodes, faster paced/edited and go easy on the slow mo
That's somewhat true of most sport documentaries though, especially team focused ones. Documentaries like this are mostly made for fans of the team along with the hope of drawing in some curious, casual viewers. Even just being able to say a huge company like Disney chose to help make a documentary about them could be enough to pique the interest of some.
Although quite a lot of women's football fans who aren't necessarily Australia supporters have been watching this and enjoying it from my observations across social media.
It's also not really targeted at young fans, not with the 16+ rating due to all the swearing anyway.
It's just something to drum up more interest in the team ahead of a home World Cup, a bit of an ad campaign.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wow so if i'm reading right it seems macca's bro also has a hearing aid - mostly basing this off the caption and alanna's jokey comment under the post. maybe something genetic going on there regarding hearing loss. her post about him supporting her through the past few months which i assume is when she started this process was sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 13:26
wow so if i'm reading right it seems macca's bro also has a hearing aid - mostly basing this off the caption and alanna's jokey comment under the post. maybe something genetic going on there regarding hearing loss. her post about him supporting her through the past few months which i assume is when she started this process was sweet.
You can see his hearing aid in the picture that she posted if you look closely. I'm guessing there is something genetic going on if both of them have hearing loss, wonder if either of their parents do. She's seemed to have a great support system around her for all of this between her family, friends, and Kirsty. Macca drives me crazy on the pitch sometimes but I think she's a really good egg as a person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 04:24
Guest wrote:

I’m really confused about why Raso wasn’t interviewed more in the the doc. Anytime she was on the screen I melted and wanted more!
She just oozes sexy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 13:26
I noticed he put a comment on her video saying "welcome to the club". Definitely must be a genetic thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has Ellie Carpenter's hyped died down after her comeback? Imo she was great in the match against England but poor for her club match against Chelsea. She ghosted during the Scotland match too.

Reactions:

Post by 2827 »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 16:03
Has Ellie Carpenter's hyped died down after her comeback? Imo she was great in the match against England but poor for her club match against Chelsea. She ghosted during the Scotland match too.
I think ellie is probably being careful the World Cup is so close and so is her off season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 16:03
Troll go to bed. She's ok. Happy Birthday to Ellie 🥰🎁

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 12:46
I thought it was directed well and that all the girls personalities came through. The last sports doco I watched was about tennis and that was so bad comparatively

Reactions:

Post by 8271 »

Does anyone know what’s wrong with allana im getting worried for her in the world cup

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

8271 wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 07:20
Does anyone know what’s wrong with allana im getting worried for her in the world cup
Hope she can get herself healthy in time 🤞🏻

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone else notice they never mentioned Logarzo’s ACL? I’m guessing they didn’t rate her highly enough to mention it.

Reactions:

Post by 2826 »

Does any one think crummer will actually get called up for World Cup

And do you think remi has a chance of making it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 11:23
Anyone else notice they never mentioned Logarzo’s ACL? I’m guessing they didn’t rate her highly enough to mention it.
I was disappointed they only focused on a select few players. I understand they couldn't give every player their own episode but would have liked to have seen more of others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

they barely had Kyah in it, is it because her injury/form will likely mean she won't feature much on the WC squad and rather give that time to Fowler/Grant/Vine ? Or do you reckon she didn't want to be in it as much

i feel like they should've at least briefly introduced some of the others who'll likely make the 11

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Disney should've done this series across the qualified WC teams
I think that would've been very interesting to see how the different countries hand their teams (can be a kick up the ass for some) and give behind the scene intros to the biggest players, their stories, who to watch etc. It would've helped the WC and the women's game on building up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 14:12
they barely had Kyah in it, is it because her injury/form will likely mean she won't feature much on the WC squad and rather give that time to Fowler/Grant/Vine ? Or do you reckon she didn't want to be in it as much

i feel like they should've at least briefly introduced some of the others who'll likely make the 11
I feel like they focused on the players with the most interesting stories rather than who will be in the starting XI (Sam as captain and one of the world’s best players, Ellie as the young phenom who gets hit with a devastating injury, Mini coming back after having a baby on her own and trying to cement her spot in the WC squad, youngsters Charli Grant and Cortnee Vine trying to find their place in the squad) along with a few others who had shorter stories they wanted to tell (Aivi Luik and her brother’s cancer, Gielnik proposing to her fiancée, Meeks and her wife and daughter). I think it’s probably more that Kyah wasn’t interested in being heavily featured or they didn’t really think she had anything going on that would make a particularly grabbing story. Other mainstay players were only briefly featured, like Hayley Raso and Alanna, or really weren’t in it all, like Macca.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 14:12

She was in it just as much and more than some other players who will almost certainly be in the squad barring injury. I don't think the doc has too much bearing on selections aside from the most obvious inclusions (Kerr, Grant, Fowler and such) since it was filmed so long before the squad will be picked. Like someone else said when this was filmed most of us had almost completely written off Macca and she wasn't included at all, now she's looking likely to be the #1 or in competition with Teagan. Clare Hunt wasn't even in the conversation and now possibly a starting CB for us at the WC.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

2826 wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 13:04
Does any one think crummer will actually get called up for World Cup

And do you think remi has a chance of making it?
Tony seems to really like Crummer for some reason so yes, I think she’ll be going to the WC. Just hopefully won’t be starting much.

As for Remi, I think it’s less likely. She’s seemed to be doing all right at Leicester but also seems to have been hit with little injuries here and there. I hope she makes it because I like her but I would very much consider her a fringe player who’s as likely to be left off the squad as to make it. Maybe even more likely to be left off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 14:17
I think that would've been very interesting to see how the different countries hand their teams (can be a kick up the ass for some) and give behind the scene intros to the biggest players, their stories, who to watch etc. It would've helped the WC and the women's game on building up
No offence but no? It's a Matildas documentary. What you want is something entirely different and quite frankly a much bigger task. Why are we not allowed this when other countries/players get their own focused documentaries? ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I personally loved that it focused on the Matildas and it felt like you really got to know a lot of the players, Tony, etc. Other teams are doing their own WC docs, I know the Lionesses are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
how you gonna come into the aus thread and say 'ya know i don't think you should have got this doco all about your team and players you love it should have been focused on everyone' and think that's gonna do down well? :rofl:

Guestssss
Reactions:

Post by Guestssss »

So what are kyah’s chances of Making the squad? Kinda nervous as she hasn’t even been training with the spurs yet right?

Reactions:

Post by 2827 »

Chloe lagazo isn’t even on the bench today… fuck she must be devo I think this completely rules her out for World Cup .. she doesn’t even have a team

Reactions:

Post by 6252 »

Is that polks on crutches in the background of Charlie’s storie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Feel bad for Catley. Would have been nice to have an Aussie in the final.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kerr looks damn exhausted but still manages to come through when needed. I really hope she gets a few weeks off before heading to the WC.

Reactions:

Post by 7267 »

Guest wrote:
03 May 2023, 20:58
Kerr looks damn exhausted but still manages to come through when needed. I really hope she gets a few weeks off before heading to the WC.
She does the poor thing is carrying the fuck out of this awful Chelsea side she will go to New York I believe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

7267 wrote:
03 May 2023, 21:45
Guest wrote:
03 May 2023, 20:58
She does the poor thing is carrying the fuck out of this awful Chelsea side she will go to New York I believe
Hope she goes to Lyon to join Ellie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Australia’s representatives for the coronation. Singers, scientists, nurses, military and others.

https://www.pmc.gov.au/government/coronation#aus-rep

Funny that they used Sam’s honour, but not her full name😅

”Ms Sam Kerr OAM is a world-leading Australian athlete and Olympian. Considered one of the best football players in the world and Australia’s leading goal scorer, Sam is currently Captain of the Matildas and a forward for the Chelsea Football Club. In 2022 Sam was awarded an Order of Australia for her service to football.”

Does anyone know if she got to receive her OAM yet when she’s been in Australia? Now at least she met the governor-general who presents it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

thank god we have charli with some top international experience. i love steph but she's so injury prone. she's only just back after her lengthy foot injury and already off with some kind of muscle injury now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2023, 20:21
thank god we have charli with some top international experience. i love steph but she's so injury prone. she's only just back after her lengthy foot injury and already off with some kind of muscle injury now
Arsenal playing her too much too soon is 100% to blame for this new injury whatever it is. She only came back from a 6 week injury and rehab against Manchester Utd on 19th April for 45 minutes, then 70 minutes against WOB in the 1st leg, and less than two weeks after getting her first minutes since injury and not even having played a full 90 yet had to play 120 minutes of high intensity football. Terrible management.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2023, 21:50
Guest wrote:
Arsenal playing her too much too soon is 100% to blame for this new injury whatever it is. She only came back from a 6 week injury and rehab against Manchester Utd on 19th April for 45 minutes, then 70 minutes against WOB in the 1st leg, and less than two weeks after getting her first minutes since injury and not even having played a full 90 yet had to play 120 minutes of high intensity football. Terrible management.
Yeah you get a build up effect when players start getting injured. They have less room for rotation with so many players out. So then the remaining players play even more, and then they run a higher risk of being injured as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Catley injured again? :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2023, 22:04
Guest wrote:
05 May 2023, 21:50
Guest wrote:
Yeah you get a build up effect when players start getting injured. They have less room for rotation with so many players out. So then the remaining players play even more, and then they run a higher risk of being injured as well.
This is exactly what happened with Lyon too. Hope Steph is out now and then back to fitness for WC camp and friendly against France.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 14:32
Guest wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 04:24
Guest wrote:

She just oozes sexy.

Can’t believe they didn’t talk about Raso’s back injury. Wished she was featured more!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Coronation. Great moment for Sam. Most happy for her and proud of her.

But also noticing some are angry in general and hold it against her. Some people seem to assume she is Aboriginal. And others like this, holds it against her because of her heritage.

Whatever you think of the monarchy and regardless of Britain’s history, this is a weird take. Sam’s family is Anglo-Indian. Anglo-Indians left India in large numbers after India gained their independence from Britain, because life became harder there for those of British ancestry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2023, 15:54
Coronation. Great moment for Sam. Most happy for her and proud of her.

But also noticing some are angry in general and hold it against her. Some people seem to assume she is Aboriginal. And others like this, holds it against her because of her heritage.

Whatever you think of the monarchy and regardless of Britain’s history, this is a weird take. Sam’s family is Anglo-Indian. Anglo-Indians left India in large numbers after India gained their independence from Britain, because life became harder there for those of British ancestry.

I just love this photo.

Reactions:

Post by 7161 »

Maccas playing terrible
Tegan isn’t well hasn’t played for months she is having issues with her confidence aswell
Lydia isn’t even on the bench wtffff…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

7161 wrote:
09 May 2023, 00:18
Maccas playing terrible
Tegan isn’t well hasn’t played for months she is having issues with her confidence aswell
Lydia isn’t even on the bench wtffff…
very worrying the situation of the goalkeepers